AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Your Holiday Watch List

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
I was actually going over my own list, and it's actually kind of long. The movies may be my favorite personal tradition of the season. What movies are can't-miss for you all this time of year?

My girlfriends and I do a two-day holiday movie party!
Day one, traditionals: A Christmas Story, Love Actually, Elf
Day two, actions: Die Hard, Batman Returns, Iron Man 3

It's a fun weekend and I'm so looking forward to it!

My family and I always watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the 1964 one that loops on TV all season), and Charlie Brown Christmas.

Oh and at some point I like watching Harry Potter movies, I don't know why but they remind me of Christmas. Basically all of December I cocoon myself on the couch and watch movies, it's heaven.

GenXoxo said:
Oh and at some point I like watching Harry Potter movies, I don't know why but they remind me of Christmas.

I have the same relationship with the HP movies. Maybe it's because, for eight years, the final movie push of the year that coincides with the Christmas season had always included a Harry Potter movie. Also, the Sorcerer's Stone has always just felt especially Christmas-y to me.

I'm totally with you guys on HP feeling Christmas-y!

The Christmas movies I can't miss are:
Muppet Christmas Carol
Home Alone
Die Hard

And of course I HAVE to watch the Doctor Who Christmas Specials!

I also really like Love Actually, Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, and Scrooged but I skip them some years. Lots of great holiday movies!

Home Alone 1 & 2
Gremlins
Rudolf (the classic one-not cartoon one)
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Bad Santa
Elf
The Family Man
Four Christmases
The Family Stone

Yes, I like to watch ALOT of movies this time of year: cuddle up with blankets, holiday tree with lights, candles, hot chocolate, and homemade snacks-it's the best!

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Elf
Shawn of the Dead

The last one is just to break up the Holiday music.

I don't like too many Christmas films but the ones I do like are this:

Home Alone (1 & 2)
Die Hard
Ernest Saves Christmas (a guilty pleasure that has more to do with nostalgia than anything else)
Gremlins
Elf
Bad Santa
Muppet Christmas Carol
Scrooged
Arthur Christmas
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Trading Places
Ghostbusters 2 (it's set between Christmas and New Years Eve)

KayleePond said:
I'm totally with you guys on HP feeling Christmas-y!

The Christmas movies I can't miss are:
Muppet Christmas Carol
Home Alone
Die Hard

And of course I HAVE to watch the Doctor Who Christmas Specials!

I also really like Love Actually, Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, and Scrooged but I skip them some years. Lots of great holiday movies!

Yup the HP movies definitely have that feel for me too! (I add the LOTR movies to that, just because of the time of year they were released. They just have that feeling attached to them for me.)

• A Christmas Story
    Christmas Vacation
    Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas
    Gremlins
    Planes, Trains & Automobiles
    Muppet Christmas Carol

and I like to count "While You Were Sleeping" too (I'm a sucker for that movie)

And of course the Doctor Who Christmas specials! (I do a mini marathon every year)

My quarter is finally over, so I can finally get down to some serious viewing! This thread has reminded me of a lot of holiday movies that I don't usually get to watch, but definitely should.

I always start with The Holiday. It's not a very good movies, but everyone in it is pretty damned charming. One thing I noticed when I watched it this time around is that, even though it takes place during the days leading up to Christmas, and the day when all the stories climax is presumably Christmas, Christmas actually doesn't ever really get mentioned. It's like a Christmas movie full of people who don't actually celebrate Christmas. Very odd.

Anyway, the other stuff I watch:

Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings have been mentioned in this thread, which shouldn't surprise me. All the Rankin/Bass stuff, especially Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. A Charlie Brown Christmas is a favorite in my family. My family also does a lot of the older classics:

It's a Wonderful Life - I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.
Miracle on 34th Street
The Bishop's Wife
The Sound of Music
Scrooge (A Christmas Carol) - The 1951 version, starring Alastair Sim, who plays the best Ebenezer Scrooge ever.
Heidi - The Shirley Temple one, with the greatest high-speed sled chase ever filmed, and "Herr Sesemann!?"

My offbeat favorites are Scrooged and Elf. A Christmas Story is a great movie, too. And I really like About a Boy, too.

My all-time favorite holiday movie, the one I save for last, is Love, Actually. The only part I don't like about it is that stupid "to me, you're perfect" scene. Everything else about it is great. A modern-day classic, as far as I'm concerned.

Scrooged
Muppet's Christmas Carol
The Twilight Zone (Night of the Meek)
Tales from the Crypt (And All Through the House)
Tales from the Darkside (Season of Belief)

Pretty much more of the same as any year :lol:

Oh man, I just realized that I forgot one of the most important holiday shows:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Not the steaming pile of Ron Howard excrement starring Jim Carrey at his most obnoxious, the awesome classic animated version, directed by Warner Brothers cartoon genius Chuck Jones, and narrated by the unparalleled Boris Karloff.

A few that I will look out for...

Home alone [1990]
Home Alone 2: Lost In New York [1992]
The Nightmare Before Christmas [1993]
The Shop Around The Corner [1940]
Trading Places [1983]
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [1989]
It's A Wonderful Life [1946]
Miracle on 34th Street [1947]
Scrooge [1951] ... there is no other version of this story that comes close !! (it's titled A Christmas Carol in USA)

'we're no angels' is my ultimate Christmas movie
the Grinch comes in at a close second!
and for some reason my family always watches the princess bride this time of year though the film's connection to Christmas is non existent, but sitting down together to watch feels pretty Christmas-y and the movie's stayed funny and enjoyable all these years :)
the nightmare before Christmas is always amazing, but I never can decide whether to watch it in the lead up to Christmas or Halloween..

Home Alone
Muppets Christmas Carol
Scrooged
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated)
Nightmare Before Christmas
Bad Santa
Doctor Who (A Christmas Carol)

I've never been a big Christmas person so my list is short and to the point. :lol:

Oooh, my list used to be way longer and consisting of:

Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppet Family Christmas
The Grinch (Animated)
The Grinch (Jim Carrey)
Beauty & The Beast: Enchanted Christmas
Elf

Any of the old Rankin Bass classics: Rudolph/Santa Claus is Comin' To Town/Year Without A Santa Clause

In recent years I'm just happy if I get both of my Muppet movies in. All you people that love Muppet Christmas Carol need to check out Muppet Family Christmas too, I dunno why that one seems to slip under the radar for people! It's up on Youtube in full too! Right here yo'!

Status
Not open for further replies.