AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dude looking to start camming on chaturbate, tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2014
Hollywood ca
25 year old guy who whose never really thought of stuff like this but pretty open minded about it lately and want to do it. I know I won't have a problem getting tokens im an attractive dude with a thin but really athletic muscular bod but ....is this legit? Will I get paid? Will it show up on my tax return? I'm pretty aware that I'm gonna have to show every inch of my body mainly my ass and junk area and I'm aware majority of the viewers will be horny gay dudes...I'm okay with all of this for the cash but is there a trick? Will my Ssn or ID be sold? I've been viewing the chicks and dudes on it and they seem happy. Anything I should beware? Will this come back to haunt me in the future? Lol any type of help would be great. What do I need to do to get started or what's a good way to get started?

Is it legit? Yup, sites like Chaturbate & Streamate are indeed legitimate.

Will you get paid? If you make money.

Will it show up on your tax return? If you make more than $600 (I think that's the figure for it) you have to pay taxes on it since no site currently deducts the percentage you need to hand over automatically.

Will your personal information be sold? Not if you cam through a legitimate site. They just need the information for tax purposes & to prove you're of age to be getting naked on the interwebs.

Will this come back to haunt you? Depends on how long you do it and how open you are about doing it with the people around you. Is it possible you could be denied a job or get fired from your current vanilla job in the future? Yup. There's a lot to consider when going into this type of work since it's still a taboo job in most parts of the world (if not totally illegal).

Good luck & I'm sure Deez (the bonafide cam dude of ACF) will be around soon to answer this post more thoroughly.

Goddammit TittySprinkles...

From the shadows, I arise... :handgestures-salute:

1 - "I won't have any trouble getting tokens". Try to get out of this mentality immediately. You're not the only guy on CB and if you're going into this professionally you need to be mentally prepared for the fact that you will be competing against guys who will do a LOT more than you do for a LOT less (if not free). There will be nights you do incredibly well. There will be nights you make next to nothing. It's just the way of the biz, it happens to all of us.

2 - As TittySprinkles said (I love typing your name, TittySprinkles), it is legit. You will get paid bi-monthly when you cash out your tokens depending on how much you make. You will have to pay taxes.

3 - You don't have to do anything you don't feel comfortable doing. You should never do anything you are not consenting to. Ever. Just because other models are doing it doesn't mean you are forced to. Yes, you will likely get more traffic, followers and make more income if you do public cumshows, shove stuff in your butt, etc. but you are by no means required to do or even consider doing any of that. The beauty of this line of work is that you can create your own show around what services you are willing to provide and cater that to your audience accordingly. It's YOUR decision, not the decision of your predecessors. It's up to your customers to appreciate the services that you provide for what they are.

4 - "Is there a trick?" No. Don't be a dick to people? That usually helps, but some people get off on that... The best "trick" I can suggest to you if you see yourself getting into this line of work seriously is to come up with a business plan and develop it and expand as you go. Also, do NOT undervalue yourself. Your prices are YOUR prices. Do not bargain, do not give freebies, just... don't. There are too many guys doing that and it fucks it up for everyone else; everyone tries to get a sneak peek before they pay. Payment up-front. Always.

5 - "Will my SSN or ID be sold?" No. CB has tons of models including many very high-profile guest stars, has a strong presence in the camming community and would have a LOT to lose if they did anything like that. Your information is secure.

6 - "Anything I should beware?" You will be insulted, berated, begged to, bargained with, explicitly "seduced", harassed and still expected to put a smile on every time you get on. Comes with the territory. People will try to scam you, bargain with you, negotiate, etc. Don't. Stick to your guns, ignore/ban the assholes, boot the desperate dudes who come into your room when you have a higher room count and try to plug their room (and please do not EVER do that to other models). Stand your ground and put on your game face, you'll be good.

7 - "Will this come back to haunt me in the future?" Think about who in the world you DON'T want to find out about this work before you do it. Your friends? Your family? Your current/future employer? If you become very popular, there is a possibility they might find out, it's something to be prepared for. You can block states and countries but there's always a possibility of being found out but I really don't think this work is anything to be ashamed of. If you do feel that anyone finding out that you do this work will have *serious* repercussions in your life, I do not recommend getting into it. It's kinda like getting a visible tattoo, once you get it it can absolutely hurt your chances in certain lines of work and it's there forever but it's not an inherently bad thing.

8 - "What do I need to do to get started or what's a good way to get started?" Get verified with CB. It's smart to have some sort of structure to ride out your "New Model" tag wave since that will get you a nice flood of traffic, but people WILL try to take advantage of you being new to the industry and get free shit assuming you don't know what you're doing. Don't cave. No free handouts. If you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. Set prices that you feel comfortable with and see as reasonable and stick to them. Besides that, take a deep breath, turn the cam on and have some fuckin fun! :-D

Feel free to hit up myself or any of the amazingly supportive and awesome models/members on this forum for any more advice or if you have any more questions, we're here to help! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.