AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ladies: How did you get started?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2013
So I'm gonna put something out there right off the bat... obviously there is a high demand for female cam models, but I wonder what the demand is for GUYS.
Having said that, I'm a guy, and I'm getting my foot in the door to be a cam model. I'm planning on networking; making a twitter, a blog, etc, and doing what I need to in order to get noticed, but I'm just curious (since the networking aspect is probably the same for everyone) how did you gals get started?
Also, let me know what you think of me! Do I have potential? Am I in the absolute wrong place? Hah, anything you wanna say is welcome!

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-06-05 at 17.36.jpg
    Photo on 2013-06-05 at 17.36.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 366
My eyes!!!,,

Nah just kiddin bro.

demand from gals or demand from guys? The problem is guys are willing to model for free :lol:

RockyPaw said:
So I'm gonna put something out there right off the bat... obviously there is a high demand for female cam models, but I wonder what the demand is for GUYS.
Having said that, I'm a guy, and I'm getting my foot in the door to be a cam model. I'm planning on networking; making a twitter, a blog, etc, and doing what I need to in order to get noticed, but I'm just curious (since the networking aspect is probably the same for everyone) how did you gals get started?
Also, let me know what you think of me! Do I have potential? Am I in the absolute wrong place? Hah, anything you wanna say is welcome!
I was actually just talking to someone about a male cam model named Thor on Chaturbate. (probably the closest to the MFC social setting that allows men) and how he is kind of a current pioneer of male cam models. The number of attractive AND entertaining male cam models is so fucking low it's practically non existent.
Anyway, maybe you should check him out. He would probably be a good role model because honestly, there aren't many. I feel like the female market is not being tapped by cam guys simply because they mostly lack the interaction and charisma so many woman crave. The lonely ladies/men at home who will likely spend the most on you are the ones who want to genuinly enjoy the company of a man... not just a pixelated wang in a dark room.

Thors Twitter. https://twitter.com/ThorCB

Thanks for the advice and the lead on someone to contact!
I had the same thoughts exactly, when I decided I'd be willing to do this; I figure there can't be very many guys who aren't bad on the eyes and willing to entertain ladies! And I know I can do both, so hopefully if I get started the right way I can be relatively successful!

Reactions: JoleneBrody
JoleneBrody said:
RockyPaw said:
I was actually just talking to someone about a male cam model named Thor on Chaturbate. (probably the closest to the MFC social setting that allows men) and how he is kind of a current pioneer of male cam models. The number of attractive AND entertaining male cam models is so fucking low it's practically non existent.
Anyway, maybe you should check him out. He would probably be a good role model because honestly, there aren't many. I feel like the female market is not being tapped by cam guys simply because they mostly lack the interaction and charisma so many woman crave. The lonely ladies/men at home who will likely spend the most on you are the ones who want to genuinly enjoy the company of a man... not just a pixelated wang in a dark room.

Thors Twitter. https://twitter.com/ThorCB

This Thor guy is fucking awesome. His CB profile made me laugh. I love the comic sans tumblr-style pics.

I haven't spent too much time browsing male models on the sites that allow them, but I will share my initial thoughts.

The ones that were attractive and fit and had nice wangs either didn't talk at all or only spoke another language. I lose interest in a fit body and a dick on my screen pretty fast. If they had been chatty, telling some sort of story, or just having random casual conversation with anyone in their room, I may have watched for a few minutes longer.

I think the cam world probably needs more male cam models who interact and are friendly and chatty and welcoming who are ALSO attractive. You don't seem too shabby, and obviously have enough charisma to type out a couple of forum posts with some finesse and enticed us to reply. That's a start.

With that said:

I started by WATCHING lots and lots of other models on the site I was interested in, and I started my Twitter follower base before I even got on cam for the first time. Follow other people who are in the industry you're trying to get into, and others who are interested in things you're interested in and chat them up like a real person. Make general, personable tweets about how you're probably going to get into camming, but make your interactions with your followers/people you're following about anything and everything that's engaging.

You're already on the right track by being on this forum. It means you're researching and getting a grasp on the basics before you get on cam. That's key, whether a new cam model is male or female.

So anywho, welcome to the forum! And thank you for not posting a pic of your dick and realizing we get a better idea of who you are from a whole picture vs. a phallus. :handgestures-salute:

Thanks everyone for the replies!! It's not much but this is actually getting more attention than I had inititally thought it would, so I'm very appreciative! :mrgreen:

So the last question I have is this.... I have never been on twitter. I've known of it since it started, but I have NO idea how to actually do it, lmao. If anyone wants to briefly explain twitter etiquette to me so I don't make any mistakes you would be my favorite gal! ;)

So far the most important thing I've learned about being a male cam model would be to just be my fun, charismatic self, since I know I have the looks, motivation (and the wang :-D ) to hook people in!

I'll monitor this thread in case anyone wants to give an up and coming male model some more of their time and thoughts!

Thanks again ladies!

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
RockyPaw said:
Thanks everyone for the replies!! It's not much but this is actually getting more attention than I had inititally thought it would, so I'm very appreciative! :mrgreen:

So the last question I have is this.... I have never been on twitter. I've known of it since it started, but I have NO idea how to actually do it, lmao. If anyone wants to briefly explain twitter etiquette to me so I don't make any mistakes you would be my favorite gal! ;)

So far the most important thing I've learned about being a male cam model would be to just be my fun, charismatic self, since I know I have the looks (and the wang :-D ) to hook people in!

I'll monitor this thread in case anyone wants to give an up and coming male model some more of their time and thoughts!

Thanks again ladies!
Best thing you can do on twitter, IMO, is update as much as possible.
"just made the best sandwich."
"hitting the gym."
"online now"
"____ was a great movie."
Ect.
Pictures are great! (I personally don't like dick pics)
Some retweets from your favorite fellow cam guys.
Mention your members for thanks.
Don't be afraid to follow everyone in the industry.
Never ask others to retweet you publicly.
Try to keep 80% of your posts positive.
"awesome night on cam, thanks everyone!!"
Show your humor, deep thoughts, over all personality.

PlayboyMegan said:
RockyPaw said:

So far the most important thing I've learned about being a male cam model would be to just be my fun, charismatic self, since I know I have the looks (and the wang :-D ) to hook people in!

Thanks again ladies!
"hitting the gym."
"online now"
Ect.

Thanks, you freakin' rock! I shouldn't have a problem keeping 80% of my tweets positive cause I'm just about always in a good mood! :)

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Liliana_XO said:
When you start your Twitter account, make sure you go to your settings and turn off "tweet locations"

Privacy bro :cool:

bro.... good lookin' out ;)

RockyPaw said:
Liliana_XO said:
When you start your Twitter account, make sure you go to your settings and turn off "tweet locations"

Privacy bro :cool:

bro.... good lookin' out ;)

OH! Turn off geo-tagging in your cell phone camera settings!

RockyPaw said:

So far the most important thing I've learned about being a male cam model would be to just be my fun, charismatic self, since I know I have the looks, motivation (and the wang :-D ) to hook people in!

Thanks again ladies!
Here are a few links that help explain some of the handy tools and lingo.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Hashtags-With-Twitter

https://support.twitter.com/articles/76 ... tter-lists

http://www.likeable.com/blog/2012/02/st ... n-twitter/

PlayboyMegan said:
RockyPaw said:

Thanks again ladies!
"hitting the gym."
"online now"
Ect.

As a member and follower, I can say there is some twitter overkill when people start tweeting EVERY time they go to the gym. And if you tweet about a sandwich, it better be a damn good sandwich.

AmberCutie said:
RockyPaw said:

Thanks again ladies!
Here are a few links that help explain some of the handy tools and lingo.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Hashtags-With-Twitter

https://support.twitter.com/articles/76 ... tter-lists

http://www.likeable.com/blog/2012/02/st ... n-twitter/

Well thank ya very much Amber. You are a nice person! :-D

RockyPaw said:
I had the same thoughts exactly, when I decided I'd be willing to do this; I figure there can't be very many guys who aren't bad on the eyes and willing to entertain ladies! And I know I can do both, so hopefully if I get started the right way I can be relatively successful!

You do know that it's not going to be just ladies you'll be entertaining, right?
If I'm not mistaken, it's primarily gay men who watch male webcam models. I hope that have an open mind!

mdnPARTY said:
PlayboyMegan said:
RockyPaw said:

Thanks again ladies!
"hitting the gym."
"online now"
Ect.

As a member and follower, I can say there is some twitter overkill when people start tweeting EVERY time they go to the gym. And if you tweet about a sandwich, it better be a damn good sandwich.

Haha yeah I was always so wishy washy about the whole "people tweeting every single thing they do" epidemic
I'll probably just use it when a random thought passes through my head.. which is still pretty often, but they're not about sandwiches and the gym. Well, sometimes they are.

emptiedglass said:
RockyPaw said:

You do know that it's not going to be just ladies you'll be entertaining, right?
If I'm not mistaken, it's primarily gay men who watch male webcam models. I hope that have an open mind!

I'm aware, and my mind is open o.o

"I figure there can't be very many guys who aren't bad on the eyes and willing to entertain ladies!"

There are plenty. And many do it for free.

I by no means speak for all women, but personality sells it to me over looks.
I would be willing to tip a male cam model if i stumbled across someone who was EXCEPTIONALLY entertaining and CREATIVE.

"easy on the eyes" is.. relative for me. To be absolutely blunt, I'd go for an older man than your body type. It's absolutely nothing personal, as you are very fit - but it's not what I look for in a man.

Miss_Lollipop said:
"I figure there can't be very many guys who aren't bad on the eyes and willing to entertain ladies!"

There are plenty. And many do it for free.

I by no means speak for all women, but personality sells it to me over looks.
I would be willing to tip a male cam model if i stumbled across someone who was EXCEPTIONALLY entertaining and CREATIVE.

"easy on the eyes" is.. relative for me. To be absolutely blunt, I'd go for an older man than your body type. It's absolutely nothing personal, as you are very fit - but it's not what I look for in a man.

It's all good! I'll probably end up doing this mostly for free anyway and if I ever see any money from it, then that's even better!

Plus, I'm rather entertaining and creative, if I do say so. :p

emptiedglass said:
An interesting question:
If/when RockyPaw starts camming, will he be the first to go where no man (other than maybe Jawbs) has gone before?
By this I mean that he might actually be eligible for the models-only section. :lol:
Models only has a very strict, girls only rule as of last time I checked. Cam model or not, models only is an exceptionally girly place no man should want to be part of. :whistle:

JoleneBrody said:
emptiedglass said:
An interesting question:
If/when RockyPaw starts camming, will he be the first to go where no man (other than maybe Jawbs) has gone before?
By this I mean that he might actually be eligible for the models-only section. :lol:
Models only has a very strict, girls only rule as of last time I checked. Cam model or not, models only is an exceptionally girly place no man should want to be part of. :whistle:

It is now my goal to gain the girls' trust and be the first boy let into the "no boys allowed" secret club.

Reactions: emptiedglass
NoelleBright said:
This gif gets used so often around these parts but it's an incredibly accurate representation of models only and how a boy would probably feel in it. :lol:

the-shining-elevator-blood-o.gif

Hahahaha! Fortunately, I grew up with a very outspoken mom and sister, along with all their friends, so a lot of the things women talk about... like their period, for example, don't bother me. Lucky me?

RockyPaw said:
JoleneBrody said:
emptiedglass said:
An interesting question:

It is now my goal to gain the girls' trust and be the first boy let into the "no boys allowed" secret club.
Aw, don't say/do that. I was starting to really like you.

RockyPaw said:
JoleneBrody said:
emptiedglass said:
An interesting question:

That's really kind of creepy, worrisome really. Just saying.

Reactions: KayleePond
Status
Not open for further replies.