AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting MFC avatars to come out clear?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evvie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2012
I'm trying to upload a new avatar on MFC, it's 120x120px. I've saved it to both .jpg and .gif and tried uploading both, but they each come out really horrible and pixelated. Does anyone know how I can fix this up so the avatar comes out clearly?

(The avatar here on ACF is what I'm trying to upload on to MFC)

The large avatar setting on the homepage is 150x150px, the small 90x90, the ones on miss MFC 60x60, the one on the header of the mini-profile (click menu) is 90x90, as is the one at the front of the profile.

I guess 450*450 - leading to a 3:1 reduction, and 5:1 for the small would be idea. 900*900 if you want an ideal resolution for the miss MFC avatar too.

This assumes that the reduction is sane.

However - 120x120 is going to be very poor upscaled to 150x150, and down to 90x90, as you can't either multiply or divide it cleanly.

Also - just found the 'large preview'. 320*240 - 'full res' - I think this may be too much - as it makes the page way too scrolly.

Now, I don't have access to the model side of things, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm not sure where fifth is getting his info, but from what I can tell, model avatars are shown to the users in two different sizes: 120x90 for small and 320x240 for large. So I would suggest uploading a file that is 320x240 or otherwise in the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Reactions: Viciousfeline
bawksy said:
Now, I don't have access to the model side of things, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm not sure where fifth is getting his info, but from what I can tell, model avatars are shown to the users in two different sizes: 120x90 for small and 320x240 for large. So I would suggest uploading a file that is 320x240 or otherwise in the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Thanks. I know my profile before, which was in 4:3, did come out more clearly, so maybe I'll try it with that

Wait hold on. I got mixed up the cam previews and the avatars. Fifth was right.
Derp.

All the sizes and dimensions I mentioned apply only to cam previews, which you can't control.

I've had the "cam previews" option set for so long I had forgotten that avatars were a different size.

Reactions: Viciousfeline
bawksy said:
Wait hold on. I got mixed up the cam previews and the avatars. Fifth was right.
Derp.

All the sizes and dimensions I mentioned apply only to cam previews, which you can't control.

I've had the "cam previews" option set for so long I had forgotten that avatars were a different size.

No matter what aspect or size you upload the photo it's resized and cropped to fit what they need.

My problem is still that the image is grainy and pixelated, no matter how I resize it or what format it's in. Highly frustrating.

Evvie said:
This would be a lot less frustrating if the photo would refresh when I upload a new one.

This might be an issue with your web browser using an outdated cached version. Control-F5 will usually do the trick reloading the entire page and any images.

bawksy said:
Evvie said:
This would be a lot less frustrating if the photo would refresh when I upload a new one.

This might be an issue with your web browser using an outdated cached version. Control-F5 will usually do the trick reloading the entire page and any images.

I've been mooshing Ctrl+F5 but it often seems to do nothing. Meh. I'm sure the problem is between the keyboard and the chair. Is that what techies say?

Try downsizing your photo before uploading it. Downsize it to the same size it will be displayed at as an avatar. That way, you have control of the process rather than an unknown process by the site's algorithm.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having this problem too... I've uploaded my avatar at 90x90 (what it is on my profile) and it's super grainy. Any girls have solutions?

I think there are different sizes of the avatar on different parts of the site. Don't reduce it down to 90x90 just make a perfect square image and let MFC resize it according to their specifications.

Even on the homepage, members can change the size of the avatars in the settings and that goes up to 150x150.

Status
Not open for further replies.