AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A Public Chaturbate Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca Buck

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 10, 2012
Seattle
Twitter Username
@rbeccabuck
Chaturbate Username
theloyalbuck
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/96418/Rebecca-Buck/
Hey all. There's a thread in the Model's Only section regarding Chaturbate. However, I know it's not a site limited to female models. So I was gonna see if the greater wide world of ACF would like to offer insight and opinions as to this particular camsite.

Now I've not been camming long. I started on MFC, did SM for a bit, and dabbled with C4S and ELM. I primarily just hang out on CB now, mostly because my other half Rooster really wanted to cam with me. So, we make a fair amount together, and we are combined able to reach a daily goal in a reasonable amount of time. Our primary income so far is camming, even though we have other jobs.

So, my questions for you guys, models and members alike:

What is your favorite app? Why?
How do you generally structure your shows?
Do you perform in public? If not, how far do you go in public?
Models: What are your rules, regarding PM privilges, Mod privileges, etc?
If CB is the main site you cam on, why do you prefer it over other sites?

@punker barbie
I really wish Chaturbate's policy of banning first and asking questions later would end. I'm really confused about how this benefits them when it comes to established accounts with a good track record.
I was just banned after logging into my account under a new browser. That's all I did and now I'll have to miss out on who knows how many days of work till they fix it and unban me.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Mila_ and AmiGold
Upvote 0
We are a couple who cams together only on CB. We typically run a tip multi goal app, all in one bot, token poll, and then the dice roll. Some nights go really well and others do not go as well. The last 4 weeks have been a struggle for us to get users to tip. We have been camming for 6 months and it definitely seems to have its ups and downs of the steady flow of tippers. It seems there is a fine line between giving it away for free and saving some for hidden shows. We haven't figured out if there is a rhyme or reason yet. We are working on that and trying to make it more consistent and reliable. We would love to hear how to make that work more.

It has been slower in January across the board, hang in there, it will pick up.

Upvote 0
I just got my age verification and am probably going to start this Thursday...I didn't think it was going to be verified so fast oops.

What are some apps and bots that are easy for a beginner to start with that wont be too confusing?

Upvote 0
Here are the most simple(in my opinion) goal app names:
For single goal use Tip Goal or Auto-RstTipGoal-noSsubject
For multiple goals use My Multi-Goal
as far as bots I use Tip Menu Plus 20, Rotating Notifier, and Make it Rain(just for fun)

**edit- sorry forgot to add quote

Reactions: Rebecca_The_Red
Upvote 0
Chipping in, in response to some dated posts, but thought this might be useful to know for some models.

There were some assumptions on what the different colours of members’ names meant, and some took it to mean they had suddenly spent a fair bit when their names changed colour (e.g. from light blue to dark blue to light purple to dark purple).

The thing is, the colours are default (I.e. you are automatically upgraded), but you can actually switch your colour at any time. For example, if you’re dark purple, you can choose your name/ font colour to be light blue or anything below that. I don’t think it’s possible to display your name as dark purple if you’re actually light blue by default. I usually keep my name light blue to... manage expectations.

I’m not sure how this mechanic conflicts or works with the name ranking by tokens held that models can see.

So.. just an additional piece of info when you’re making guesses.

Upvote 0
Chipping in, in response to some dated posts, but thought this might be useful to know for some models.

There were some assumptions on what the different colours of members’ names meant, and some took it to mean they had suddenly spent a fair bit when their names changed colour (e.g. from light blue to dark blue to light purple to dark purple).

The thing is, the colours are default (I.e. you are automatically upgraded), but you can actually switch your colour at any time. For example, if you’re dark purple, you can choose your name/ font colour to be light blue or anything below that. I don’t think it’s possible to display your name as dark purple if you’re actually light blue by default. I usually keep my name light blue to... manage expectations.

I’m not sure how this mechanic conflicts or works with the name ranking by tokens held that models can see.

So.. just an additional piece of info when you’re making guesses.

regardless of what colour you set your name if the model sorts users by token amount, you will be sorted

• Helpful!
Reactions: barbeque
Upvote 0
Not sure where else put this but since it's regarding CB and it's only a little rant and no need for a whole new thread, I will place it here.

I don't know if I am just being stupid, pathetic or whatever else but I hate seeing the same person in many rooms as a Moderator. It's one thing that makes me leave. I can't explain why, it's just... I don't know. I really don't know how to put it into words.

Is anyone the same? Seeing the same person in 20 different rooms as mod just instantly makes me leave. I just don#'t see the "why" for that one person doing it for so many models.. clearly he is in it for himself and not here for the model's best interest... right? There is just something that doesn't sit right in my mind with a person modding many women/models and is sat in the room the entire time each model is online. It just... makes no sense to me and this specific person I am thinking of (there are a few though) becomes mod for what is the typical up and comer, then if she doesn't seem to get many users, he jumps ship and moves to the next model.

Please tell me I am not being a big moron for letting something so stupid annoy and ruin a good/great/fun model for me? Please say I am not the only one ??

Last edited:
Reactions: dario80
Upvote 0
Not sure where else put this but since it's regarding CB and it's only a little rant and no need for a whole new thread, I will place it here.

I don't know if I am just being stupid, pathetic or whatever else but I hate seeing the same person in many rooms as a Moderator. It's one thing that makes me leave. I can't explain why, it's just... I don't know. I really don't know how to put it into words.

Is anyone the same? Seeing the same person in 20 different rooms as mod just instantly makes me leave. I just don#'t see the "why" for that one person doing it for so many models.. clearly he is in it for himself and not here for the model's best interest... right? There is just something that doesn't sit right in my mind with a person modding many women/models and is sat in the room the entire time each model is online. It just... makes no sense to me and this specific person I am thinking of (there are a few though) becomes mod for what is the typical up and comer, then if she doesn't seem to get many users, he jumps ship and moves to the next model.

Please tell me I am not being a big moron for letting something so stupid annoy and ruin a good/great/fun model for me? Please say I am not the only one ??

I definitely wouldn't take it out on the models, like you said he is preying on the new ones. So, seems like they don't know better. Also, for the models that are doing well that he mods for maybe they just don't know? Most of them probably have no idea he mods for so many models and takes advantage of newers ones and acts the way he does.

Upvote 0

I think it is hard to find good moderators and so typically we do it ourselves. We are now going to require our moderators to be a VIP/Fan Member. We would like that person to be with us on a regular basis and be a consistent part of our room. Our current VIP Members just enjoy being in our room with us so we don't worry about it too much. We are not super big so we don't run into too many problems where we cannot handle it ourselves.

Reactions: Capryce
Upvote 0

I think it feels like 1) pimping, since these guys usually post a collection of gifs encouraging others to tip/go pvt while they give nothing of value and 2) the model doesn't really care who is in her room. Maybe a good reminder that it's just a show: take it or leave it

Upvote 0
As I am only a CB user, I only see this on their, but I am sure it probably happens elsewhere.
I am curious, i see this quite often:

a guy comes into the room and the very first thing he says to the model is "grrrrrr". I don't understand that? It's not always meant in an aggressive way either, I assume.. because earlier, a guy did it but he said "grrrrr hi hru?" you look very sex". He wasn't saying "grrrr" at something the model said, either. Other times the guy will say "grrrr" followed by something insulting or demanding etc.
I don't understand how or why??

No matter how sexy or dirty etc a model is being, I will think stuff like "mm" or "wow" etc but never "grrrr" lol. Maybe it's stupid of me to try question guys' actions/thoughts on cam sites haha. Curious if anyone else has any ideas and/or if you see it too?

Upvote 0
As I am only a CB user, I only see this on their, but I am sure it probably happens elsewhere.
I am curious, i see this quite often:

a guy comes into the room and the very first thing he says to the model is "grrrrrr". I don't understand that? It's not always meant in an aggressive way either, I assume.. because earlier, a guy did it but he said "grrrrr hi hru?" you look very sex". He wasn't saying "grrrr" at something the model said, either. Other times the guy will say "grrrr" followed by something insulting or demanding etc.
I don't understand how or why??

No matter how sexy or dirty etc a model is being, I will think stuff like "mm" or "wow" etc but never "grrrr" lol. Maybe it's stupid of me to try question guys' actions/thoughts on cam sites haha. Curious if anyone else has any ideas and/or if you see it too?
Maybe it's a language thing.

Just like saying "you ok?" instead of "how are you?" (which I used to take completely wrong and was like wtf do I not look ok?) and also the xxx instead of xoxo thing.

Upvote 0
When you're broadcasting is it possible to read your chatroom from your phone? I think I saw two broadcasters doing it but I couldn't be sure. I would imagine it'd be handy to have as a secondary source in case you're too far from the computer screen to read it.

Upvote 0
When you're broadcasting is it possible to read your chatroom from your phone? I think I saw two broadcasters doing it but I couldn't be sure. I would imagine it'd be handy to have as a secondary source in case you're too far from the computer screen to read it.

If you only want to read the chatroom (and not your PM) and not reply as yourself broadcasting, then you can just go to your room as a guest or even as another grey account and read stuff without it logging you out of your chatroom on your computer

• Helpful!
Reactions: Hybrid
Upvote 0
If you only want to read the chatroom (and not your PM) and not reply as yourself broadcasting, then you can just go to your room as a guest or even as another grey account and read stuff without it logging you out of your chatroom on your computer

Ah ok. I was thinking about asking a broadcaster to use it in a private show, which wouldn't work as another user.

Upvote 0
What are the most spectacular "gimmicks" that you have seen models on CB use on a regular basis? For me it is the models who use green screens. One I am thinking of always has a phenomenal vacation destination running as her backdrop. She does bondage scenes most of the time, so you have her strung up doing her bdsm thing, and some phenomenal beach resort in the background. The thing is you actually feel like you are at the beach, and it's semi-relaxing to watch her. It's an impossible scenario, but she some how pulls it off. Another model I follow puts up much more fantasy-oriented scenes, but it still creates an atmosphere and makes her room interesting.

Upvote 0
What are the most spectacular "gimmicks" that you have seen models on CB use on a regular basis? For me it is the models who use green screens. One I am thinking of always has a phenomenal vacation destination running as her backdrop. She does bondage scenes most of the time, so you have her strung up doing her bdsm thing, and some phenomenal beach resort in the background. The thing is you actually feel like you are at the beach, and it's semi-relaxing to watch her. It's an impossible scenario, but she some how pulls it off. Another model I follow puts up much more fantasy-oriented scenes, but it still creates an atmosphere and makes her room interesting.

Some things like this are fantastic when executed well but then I feel like the majority are really random. Some seem to have no theme, it's just they have discovered it and/or seen other rooms do it, so try it themselves and everything ends up clashing and being overly animated, distracting the/my eye from the actual model.

Upvote 0
Some things like this are fantastic when executed well but then I feel like the majority are really random. Some seem to have no theme, it's just they have discovered it and/or seen other rooms do it, so try it themselves and everything ends up clashing and being overly animated, distracting the/my eye from the actual model.

This is a technically difficult thing to do well. You have to get complete immersion for this to work well, and that means the green screen needs to fill the frame. You need a great scene, and you need to blend the elements in a believable way.

The model I was referring to with the vacation backdrops has a boyfriend who is an engineer. This guy integrated Lovense software into a sex machine, so clearly she has some strong technical support.

Most models I cannot even convince to let me buy them $30 lights to execute decent three-point lighting. The odds that a random model would pull off a green screen well are low.

But I wasn't trying to ask about greatest model #fails. I was asking spectacular #success. :)

Upvote 0
Quick question ladies/gents:

I understand that when you spy on a model who's in a private show, if you comment the model can not see the message and your comments will simply be typed in regular chat (right?) but my question is: can a model see a tip and the tipnote when in a private show?

Upvote 0
Quick question ladies/gents:

I understand that when you spy on a model who's in a private show, if you comment the model can not see the message and your comments will simply be typed in regular chat (right?) but my question is: can a model see a tip and the tipnote when in a private show?
No. As soon as I come out of a private though I can see the tip & tip note. I always go to the PM tab to chat with the person I’m having a private with though. To make sure that if they disclose any personal information, no one else can see it. The only person that I see additional tips from when I’m in a private, is the person getting the private show.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JGirl and NotYou
Upvote 0
No. As soon as I come out of a private though I can see the tip & tip note. I always go to the PM tab to chat with the person I’m having a private with though. To make sure that if they disclose any personal information, no one else can see it. The only person that I see additional tips from when I’m in a private, is the person getting the private show.

Thanks. I assumed not, as you go into a new room with the paying customer/fan, so that makes sense but I wanted to be sure.

Upvote 0

Technically, when you are in private neither the model's nor the member participant's comments can be seen by others in the room. I am not sure how the privacy would be in a group though.

It is a good idea to use PM during a private anyway, just as an extra layer of protection, but additionally the PM window preserves any chat during the private for the member. In other words, when you exit the private your conversation with the member is preserved for the member in the PM window. Otherwise, the member loses any chat that you had in the common chat area as soon as the model exits private. The model still sees those comments after exiting private.

Upvote 0
I've been chatting with a new camgirl and she said one of her first broadcasts she had over 1000 viewers and then subsequent broadcasts she's been having only 5 or 6 people in the room. I'mtrying to think of why that is because she is doing everything right. Her cam quality is excellent, lighting, etc. she clearly put in the work and it shows, so I feel bad for her.

The only thing I can think of is that she's broadcasting from Mexico so CB categorizes her cam as South America, but she's a fluent English speaker originally from America. Do you think there would be much difference in traffic for her if she switched from South America to North America? And if so is there an easy way to change regions on CB other than using a VPN?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Technically, when you are in private neither the model's nor the member participant's comments can be seen by others in the room. I am not sure how the privacy would be in a group though.

It is a good idea to use PM during a private anyway, just as an extra layer of protection, but additionally the PM window preserves any chat during the private for the member. In other words, when you exit the private your conversation with the member is preserved for the member in the PM window. Otherwise, the member loses any chat that you had in the common chat area as soon as the model exits private. The model still sees those comments after exiting private.
btw, most of models open a pm when entering in pvt and speaks with the viewer to ensure that he is 'in' and that everything is ok. This model he told about has to learn how to behave and has to exchange more (that's a model issue, not a site feature).

In group show, the 'public' chat is common to the whole group participating in the group, viewers can chill together. Other members can not read it.

Btw, Just be aware that if you are in pvt, if you open and listen your viewer'cam, your mic may relay his sound.
If you allow Spying, any spy may listen what he says.

Upvote 0
Btw, Just be aware that if you are in pvt, if you open and listen your viewer'cam, your mic may relay his sound.
If you allow Spying, any spy may listen what he says.

Or you get the occasional model who simulcasts on five websites and sees no particular reason to sign off four of them when one of the websites is in a private with her. The guy thinks he is in an exclusive private, opens up his microphone, and she is broadcasting his voice in four public rooms. Been there. Seen that. Member privacy is not well protected on these sites.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
What is your favorite app? Why?
I don't play around with apps much, I like consistency in my room and I just never really put much time into looking through them. I use Token MultiGoal a lot and have been interested in trying out Keno and stuff like that because I do game nights. I've been doing this for a year and a half and I'm very interested in gathering some new ideas from this thread as well!

How do you generally structure your shows?
Right now, things have been a bit slow so I'm mixing up my structure. I typically do my three available strip goals (Shirt, Pants, Boxers) and I have a tip menu available full of fun stuff to do to either get us to naked goal, keep us having fun while we're there or even to start a new type of show.

I used to have weekly game nights, thinking of bringing that back as well, those were a hit.

I have been experimenting with not publicly announcing my goals, doing the math in my head, so that people don't have those looming numbers right in front of their eyes and it seems to be doing well so far, but needs further testing.

Another structure I was considering was just getting on scantily clad and offering more items (even though my menu is extensive enough as it is...) with no goals at all, just offering flashes and such as the extend of nudity.

Like I said, still refining it and experimenting, but the go-to for me is my standard strip goals and be a goofy asshat through the bulk of the show.

Do you perform in public? If not, how far do you go in public?
I think I'm kind of in a minority here but I'm a solo male that will only go as far as getting naked in public. Dancing happens, that's a thing, but not even a boner. If people want sexual play, they can take me to group, that is the only place I do that and there are no cumshows in group. Privates are *extremely* rare for me and that is the *only* place I do cumshows. They are reserved for long-time regulars and participators.

Models: What are your rules, regarding PM privilges, Mod privileges, etc?
PM if it's an utter emergency. CB allows members the ability to pay for Premium Member status to be able to PM models at their whim, if they opt out of this option they're probably cheap-asses anyway (sorry, just got off cam, a bit snarky). PM with contributing regulars discussing something in the room that is disturbing them or making them uncomfortable are absolutely welcome as long as they don't abuse the privilege.

Mods are a dime a dozen. Reliable mods... meh... In my opinion, there's a very distinct line between when you need a mod and when you don't and the only things you really need a mod for are PR support (plug your Twitter, encourage tips, encourage follows [which honestly a bot can do...]) and for silencing spammers, abusers, etc. It's your call on how much work you want to put in in those departments and how much you want to/can rely on others. I've had really successful/busy nights where I needed my on-deck mods and NONE of them were there.

That's my :twocents-02cents: for now but I will definitely keep an eye on this thread, thanks for posting this Rebecca!
Thanks for your clear reply to this question - I too had placed a similar question and now know it was vague, so its great get this insight, especially as I am also a male model (part time, for fun)

looking forward to more insight.

I tried a bunch of bots and find them all distracting but I have yet to have a very busy room so that might change.

Upvote 0
One of the nice things about the "Ban" feature on MyFreeCams is that it bans the IP address of the member, and also the username. CB is apparently only banning the username. I had a situation the other day where some teenage pinhead hacker had created 100 grey accounts, and as fast as we could silence him he would pop in with the next account. Since they were all on a single IP (likely), if CB would allow a "Silence" action to silence all IDs on that IP for the duration of the silence, it would get rid of people like that.

Of course he could still switch to a new IP, login to one of his next accounts, and continue to harass the room, but that would take more effort for him, and at least it would slow him down. Some hackers would get bored and just leave.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.