AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Lifetime" Snapchat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2018
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
Let's talk about lifetime Snapchat.

I've been thinking of this topic lately and I (as a cam-girl) still can't decide what can be considered appropriate and ethical.

To models: If you sell a lifetime Snapchat, do you delete users after a while if they stop participating at all (i.e. they haven't purchased a single video/haven't visited your room since the moment of joining your Snapchat Club).
If yes, how long does it take for you to realize that some user is worth deleting? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? Don't you feel guilty afterwards?

To members: What are you expecting when you purchase "lifetime Snapchat"? How long is ok for you to consider this subsription as paid off? Would you get mad at a model if she deleted you from her Snapchat for being inactive?

I personally post daily and I've got some people that have purchased my Snapchat over 2 years ago and haven't visited me once since then.

I feel kinda weird about whole situation because, on the one hand, they don't bother me in any way (though, some of them still watch my stories everyday).
On the other hand, I feel like I do a lot of work for nothing.

Okay, I can stop selling a lifetime Snapchat and all the newbies will be tracked. No problems. But what should I do with the old ones?
Just say, "Rules have been changed"? And then what? I can't come up with any adequate solution. And talking to each of them privately about my new rules would be too much and overcomplicated (there are quite enough people to view any personal reminders as a total time waste).

Plus, I find it a little dishonest on my part.

Now I'm kinda regretting about my unwise decision to offer the lifetime early in my career.

Yeah, they don't bother me but there is no additional profit either.

Anyway, I'd love to read your opinions!

I did the lifetime Snapchat thing, and regret it.

Something I've been doing is making another Snapchat story for active members (still visit and tip within the past 6months) and that's where I post the explicit long shows. I still post daily nudes on the regular story of course. But anything that's extra dirty or a full cumshow is only available to people that are still active elsewhere. I never promised cumshows or hardcore content anyway, so no one has complained. There isn't a specific "buy in" or tip amount to get access. If you've tipped or hungout or bought videos, you'll get access.

I made a post on my main story explaining this and that was that.

They're still getting what they paid for, those that still contribute get rewarded with shows and hardcore stuff.

Hello ladies and gentlemen!
Let's talk about lifetime Snapchat.

I've been thinking of this topic lately and I (as a cam-girl) still can't decide what can be considered appropriate and ethical.

To models: If you sell a lifetime Snapchat, do you delete users after a while if they stop participating at all (i.e. they haven't purchased a single video/haven't visited your room since the moment of joining your Snapchat Club).
If yes, how long does it take for you to realize that some user is worth deleting? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? Don't you feel guilty afterwards?

To members: What are you expecting when you purchase "lifetime Snapchat"? How long is ok for you to consider this subsription as paid off? Would you get mad at a model if she deleted you from her Snapchat for being inactive?

I personally post daily and I've got some people that have purchased my Snapchat over 2 years ago and haven't visited me once since then.

I feel kinda weird about whole situation because, on the one hand, they don't bother me in any way (though, some of them still watch my stories everyday).
On the other hand, I feel like I do a lot of work for nothing.

Okay, I can stop selling a lifetime Snapchat and all the newbies will be tracked. No problems. But what should I do with the old ones?
Just say, "Rules have been changed"? And then what? I can't come up with any adequate solution. And talking to each of them privately about my new rules would be too much and overcomplicated (there are quite enough people to view any personal reminders as a total time waste).

Plus, I find it a little dishonest on my part.

Now I'm kinda regretting about my unwise decision to offer the lifetime early in my career.

Yeah, they don't bother me but there is no additional profit either.

Anyway, I'd love to read your opinions!

I've never really offered premium, but personally if I were in your position I would just leave them there. It's not really any extra work for you and you don't have to consider the work you do to be for them, just think of it as being for all your new subscribers etc. It doesn't really change the way you do things anyways so why risk coming off as deceptive?

I've had my lifetime snap for over 5 years and have never deleted anyone unless they got banned for bad behavior (and think it would be highly unethical to do so unless you explicitly state continued support is required) but I also don't promise anything with my lifetime snap as far as what to expect other than a view into my off cam life that will last as long as I offer snap. Recently I decided to limit my nudity on my snap story and keep it more "life" stuff. I sell/keno private individual snaps that are more explicit that you can only win if you are a member already and started an onlyfans. Snap has been shutting down sex worker accounts at an even higher rate than normal lately and I just don't think it's going to be a long term viable option much longer anyway, but for now I just share my life and hope it reminds some of those 5+ year folk that have never tipped me again that I'm still here.

As a member, Outside of one model; I've really only bought lifetime snap if a model is offering at some crazy low token price of like 100 or 200 tokens. If I'm honest, I'm more disappointed if a snap is highly touted by the model and the members of the room and they only offer it on a monthly basis. And then the model hardly ever snaps anything. I'm talking like if your lucky there are 10 snaps in a week. I know all models are different and what have you. But, when you have a model saying it's so good and all the members in that room are like yeah you won't regret it blah blah blah. And then you get it and nothing really happens. I won't say anything, but I will generally not re-sign.

I'm not a fan of the buy this extra story for said convention/trip/etc. And then the model seemingly forgets to post to it or basically blends in with what you were already receiving.

Back to the forever snap/lifetime snap. I don't really hold them to the same standard that I would for a shorter term snap membership. Because in all likelihood you're going to get far more snaps to price in that ratio. For example there is a model that I follow that doesn't get on cam that often. Maybe a couple of times a month. So I bought her lifetime snap deal. She occasionally will snap out of the blue, but mostly she only snaps when she is going to be on cam and then after those couple of days she doesn't really snap anymore. If this were a monthly subscription that would kind be annoying. But, since it's lifetime/forever there is really no too much or too little.

In general I stick with per month subscriptions for most models that offer it. And if they use a site like fancentro or something i'll just buy it through there. I have bought snapchat less with more models opening up OnlyFans accounts. I like the structure of OnlyFans more when compared to Snapchat in that if you miss something minus a direct message video or something. You can pretty much always see everything.

I try to tip everyone that I've bought snaps from consistently. I may not be a super regular or come around daily. But, if I have your snap lifetime/or subscription I will tip you the entire time that I have your snapchat. Some models even if I stop subscribing to the snap I'll still pop in an tip if I'm around and catch them on. Nothing big, just some thanks for the content, etc. passing by tokens.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MaePeach
I wasn't actually gonna delete anyone because, as I said in my first post, I find it a little dishonest on my part, no matter how much time has passed. I just wanted to hear other people's opinions.

But I seriously wish to optimize all this stuff.

Limiting nudity sounds like a great idea! Because I wouldn't want to quit Snapchatting (until I get banned, lol) but I no longer want to spend so much time on creating content everyday for people that don't seem interested in my updates if there is something they have to pay for 😃

This dilemma doesn't hunt me all the time.
But sometimes there is pretty quiet (zero new buyers for a while), and I'm like "Damn, just why?".

And I feel like I do a lot of work for nothing during these periods only. When someone new is popping up, my negative thoughts fly away.

But I still believe that it was a poor idea to offer a lifetime Snapchat, to begin with.
My consistency in using Snapchat could bring me much more money if I initially started offering a monthly subscriptions.

So there is my advice for new sellers of the premium Snapchat:
If you're sure that you'll be able to post every day or every other day, you may want to start offering a monthly subscriptions right away.
Don't make my mistake.

I wasn't actually gonna delete anyone because, as I said in my first post, I find it a little dishonest on my part, no matter how much time has passed. I just wanted to hear other people's opinions.

Limiting nudity sounds like a great idea! Because I wouldn't want to quit Snapchatting (until I get banned, lol) but I no longer want to spend so much time on creating content everyday for people that don't seem interested in my updates if there is something they have to pay for 😃

But sometimes there is pretty quiet (zero new buyers for a while), and I'm like "Damn, just why?".

And I feel like I do a lot of work for nothing during these periods only. When someone new is popping up, my negative thoughts fly away.

But I still believe that it was a poor idea to offer a lifetime Snapchat, to begin with.
My consistency in using Snapchat could bring me much more money if I initially started offering a monthly subscriptions.

If you're sure that you'll be able to post every day or every other day, you may want to start offering a monthly subscriptions right away.
Don't make my mistake.

As far as getting new people, I get the majority of my new premium subs by having a free snap account with a premium story that I add them to if I subscribe. I heavily promote the free snapchat on all my sites, then on my free story I post teasers and encourage them to subscribe to premium. You might try doing something like that if you aren't already.

As far as getting new people, I get the majority of my new premium subs by having a free snap account with a premium story that I add them to if I subscribe. I heavily promote the free snapchat on all my sites, then on my free story I post teasers and encourage them to subscribe to premium. You might try doing something like that if you aren't already.
Thank you. It'd sound like a great idea if models' accounts didn't get flagged and banned as often as it happens nowadays.
There are many complaints about it on Twitter and I just don't want to take one more risk.
Plus, I'm a private based model so I don't wanna encourage people to get my premium Snapchat with some free teasers. Just not my hustle.

But I do appreciate the recommendations!

Reactions: AvaCharlotte

Don't make my mistake.
Something like onlyfans May be more up your alley, have you tried it?

Haven't read word-for-word each reply but stating my piece as a model, and also from a standpoint of a fan/member/viewer as I've been a premium member on MFC for basically as long as I have been a model (and spent thousands of tokens as a result, which I feel qualifies me.)

1. "lifetime" isn't for the model's life. It's a way to say "you don't have to pay for this specific thing more than once" and it's meant to be as long as she uses the program/app/platform in the current form that it is offered in. If a model's "lifetime snap" is a casually nude + look into her off-cam life, it means you'll be able to see her story snaps of her casually nude stuff and meals, outdoor adventures, and pets for as long as she has that snapchat. If she starts a "premium" or "boy girl" or "hardcore" version of her snapchat, that doesn't necessarily include everyone who purchased the original subscription. It also means that if she stops using snapchat and moves to another program/app/platform, you have no further subscription to her goods beyond what she still posts on that original thing you signed up for.

2. "lifetime" snapchat is a HUGE waste for models. I would advise anyone against offering it as a 1 time buy in. It feels absolutely shitty to have people buy into a snap sub once a year ago and still be enjoying your posts now. You might think that the 600-1000 tokens you get for it now will make up for it, but it doesn't. Charge per month or two to keep people active OR use Onlyfans to have people purchase monthly access to your posts WITHOUT YOU HAVING TO PERSONALLY MAINTAIN SUBSCRIPTIONS ETC, and then only people who ACTUALLY financially support you have access to your posts, which you spend your extra off-cam time daily/weekly keeping updated.

No, not yet, but I've heard a lot of positive things about this site so I'll probably join it soon.
Thank you for one more reminder! ❤
If you would be interested in using my referral link to sign up let me know, I would be happy to share my experiences

You guys are saying that they are banning snaps? How do they find out you're a sex worker? Are you safe if you don't post anything publicly? Like, having your settings on friends only? Aside from someone reporting you, they basically can't tell unless they go into your account.

As a member, I consider "lifetime snapchat" to be as long as you want to. If it's six months, or longer, it's a win. If it's a couple weeks later and you shut it down, I might be slightly disappointed because it was such a short time and nothing was said about it ending so soon after purchase.

If you decide that you want to switch to a premium snapchat for monthly subscription, I may or may not switch over to it. All depends on how well we get along, meaning am I a semi-regular in your room, and what's different between current and will be offered? Does it make sense for me to make the switch? To me, this is an upgrade to the standard Snapchat a model offered, so I'm not going to make a stink of it. Business, ya know...

Regarding content in general, if I purchase either a "lifetime" or monthly subscription, I expect some level of activity. There's been more than a few models who I've purchased either one, and have received zero snaps. I'm not saying I expect snaps every hour, as I know a model has a life. But, it'd be nice to get some sort of snaps. Doesn't have to be nudes, or sexy dress all the time. I prefer a variety of things.

Currently, most of the models I follow on Snap are lifetime purchases. I think most post something at least every couple of days. However, I don't always get a chance to look, so there might be a few days in between my looking. There's one model I follow, whom I've had a monthly subscription off and on for a few years. There's times where I get really busy and will forget to renew for a while. Then, I'll re-up when I remember (Or, she does a friendly "nudge").

I've really cut back on my time online, as well as getting something such as Snapchat, Kik, WhatsApp or other things from models. I took a break for a few weeks, and am now on infrequently. Though, I do occasionally still visit a few of the models I have for quite a while as it's good to chat and catch up with them.

You guys are saying that they are banning snaps? How do they find out you're a sex worker? Are you safe if you don't post anything publicly? Like, having your settings on friends only? Aside from someone reporting you, they basically can't tell unless they go into your account.
I don't think there's just one method of snap finding out & removing your account. I wouldn't put it past paying members to report snaps, it's happened to me and a lot of other girls I follow multiple times recently. Having a private snap is likely a bit safer than posting to a public story, but I've also seen people say they are taking down accounts who link to adult sites in the attachment feature, private or public. I don't know how accurate that is but I'd rather not take my chances so I wouldn't recommend directly linking any of your pages on snap anymore.

There are lots of people who advertise their snap for sex work on Twitter and other sites, so maybe these are the accounts getting taken down.

Reactions: Aluraa
I only buy lifetime snapchats mostly because my cam budget is kinda tight, and its easier to save up once to purchase than it is to be sure I'll have enough to pay the monthly subscription and still be able to tip when i visit.
Most of the models I whose snapchat I have are friends I visit regularly and tip, so I dont think its too horrible that it was a one time purchase. That being said, there are a few that I have that I bought, usually because they had a deal going on, and havent found myself back in her room much, or at all and I wouldnt be surprised or upset if one day the snaps just stopped coming

I only buy lifetime snapchats mostly because my cam budget is kinda tight, and its easier to save up once to purchase than it is to be sure I'll have enough to pay the monthly subscription and still be able to tip when i visit.
Most of the models I whose snapchat I have are friends I visit regularly and tip, so I dont think its too horrible that it was a one time purchase. That being said, there are a few that I have that I bought, usually because they had a deal going on, and havent found myself back in her room much, or at all and I wouldnt be surprised or upset if one day the snaps just stopped coming
That's totally fine if someone purchases a lifetime snapchat and continues visiting and contributing time from time, at very least.

But I see some followers as dead if they haven't visited me once since the moment of purchase.
Even if they still watch my stories every day or once a week, they're "dead" to me because they aren't my customers anymore.

And I, as a member (I support some models here and there in my time off cam), wouldn't be surprised either if some model deleted me from her "lifetime" Snapchat for being inactive in her room.
But I wouldn't be mad because I'm a model myself and I perfectly understand how this business works.

Many usual members (that don't work in this industry) would get mad, I guess.

Good question! I actually had my snap shut down and I dont even know why. I did everything to try to get the message out (twitter, insta, MFC) so people could message me and add me again but in some cases people didnt see so when they pop up somewhere and I remember they were on my snap I send them my new one. I must be honest, it made a good clean up cause I had a lot of people that were not checking my snap or interacting anymore.
In my case, once in a while ill send a direct snap to everyone. Sometimes people have deleted me themselves. If in 4 weeks I see some people still havent opened the snap, I will remove them. I have too many people to deal with.
I do snap for life and yes a lot of people who will never contribute again get to see it all, but at the same time, since its cheap, I dont feel guilty to mix up some snap and some promo for new albums and stuff.
If people screenshot and they are not someone I can even remember adding, I delete them.
Its snap chat for life if you dont make me waste my time on you while youre not opening anything and if you respect my rules.

I was about to post pretty much the same question, when I saw thread. I deeply regret selling lifetime access at a base price of $25, especially since most of them bought it on sale for $10 literally 2 or 3 years ago and haven't contributed a single penny since then, yet never miss a story to this day. I'm not gonna front like I haven't thought about blocking those guys. I'm not going to, because they did purchase "lifetime," and I'm a woman of my word. However, like Amber said, it feels shitty. I'm never able to happily post premium shows.

I'm currently restrategizing all my platforms, and I've ran my Snap a billion different ways during the 3 years I've had it. All in attempt to get inactive members, active again. Those particular guys who haven't tipped in 3 years, probably never will. I need to stop agonizing over them, and instead figure out what to do next.

Some ideas I've had:

1. Keeping a low monthly price of $5.99 so that I don't have to feel obligated to post full shows daily, but rather some casual nudes and normal life stuff.
1a.Posting occasional hardcore shows in a private story, accessible only to those who have contributed in the past 3 months.

2. Selling lifetime for no less than $150, because at least then, it could pay a full bill.

3. Getting rid of premium completely in order to focus more on OnlyFans. Perhaps offer a free 30 days to my current premiums, as to either entice them to subscribe next month or at least part ways on good terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.