AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I fucked up new model status. Camscore is low af. Is there even a way out or should I start over?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2019
Twitter Username
@lillysparkles6
MFC Username
LillySparkles
Streamate Username
Lillysparkles
Chaturbate Username
TheLillySparkles
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1003230891/lillysparkles/
Hello everyone. Im so glad there's this space on the internet open to newcomers. This can be a harsh industry. So as you can see, I kinda fucked the begging up. Chose to register when I couldn't work, lost new model status and when i started broadcasting traffic was so bad my camscore went downhill.

I out some content up MFC share vut it doesn't seem to make a difference. I tried showering, oiling, drawing, games, and well just dancing around... Guys who come seem to like it but traffic is just too low...

It it worth it to keep insisting on this profile? Should I come up with a new one and make it right this time? Thing is, i want to keep the name. I have a Snapchat and a twitter for it, i work at chaturbate and sm with this name, etc etc.

What do you girls think? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Did you not have new model status at all? Usually, the new model status is based on your first ten or so broadcast hours, not from when you signed up. So even if your first ever broadcast was a month or more after you signed up you should still have had the new model tag.

Anyway, MFC usually doesn't allow models to delete accounts and then create new ones.

When I first started on MFC my camscore dropped to about 700 or so. I was able to raise it by focusing on privates for awhile. I had one super long private show that pushed me back into the 1000's range and it started going up from there. Since you already have social media, perhaps you can try pushing scheduled privates on your Twitter. Offer incentives, like if someone does a 10+ minute private show you'll throw in one of your Share videos, which you can easily send a voucher for after the show. Also, if you run deals on content and post about it on Twitter you can get offline tips, which helps out a lot with camscore. I know it can definitely be harder to get traffic and tips when your camscore is lower, but thankfully once you do get the tips it can raise pretty quick back to at least around or above 1000.

Upvote 0
I rebuilt my camscore after a bad start, but that was a long time ago. Definitely seems harder now. If you're near the 1000 mark still, it's probably worth sticking with what you have. Most people who have their page set to default are likely to scroll down to that level to see the new girls I'd guess? Plus, you probably have a few people collected who keep you on their list. If you do restart, make sure you have a solid plan of what you'll do differently. You're super cute. You should be able to make MFC work for you with the right plan.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
My camscore went as low as 3-400s - I was there for awhile but I've built back up to stay between 900-1300. Its possible but it takes some strategy. Consistency and authenticity have been my most important tools. Do what you enjoy, be yourself (as much as you're comfortable) and make a schedule that works for you and stick to it no matter what.

Upvote 0
I feel this! When I was first on MFC 9 years ago, it felt pretty easy to maintain a 3-4000 camscore. I went to another site and now that I’m sick of that other site, I desperately want to make MFC work for me again. I have a completely new account, but my cam score stays around 700-800 now and I never had more than two premiums in my new MFC room at once.

Upvote 0
I feel this! When I was first on MFC 9 years ago, it felt pretty easy to maintain a 3-4000 camscore. I went to another site and now that I’m sick of that other site, I desperately want to make MFC work for me again. I have a completely new account, but my cam score stays around 700-800 now and I never had more than two premiums in my new MFC room at once.
There are so many more models on MFC now than when you were first around, it's definitely harder to get your room noticed now when you're "new". Back then there might have been 600 models on at once but now I think there's an average of more like 1600 even at the slower times of day.

Upvote 0
There are so many more models on MFC now than when you were first around, it's definitely harder to get your room noticed now when you're "new". Back then there might have been 600 models on at once but now I think there's an average of more like 1600 even at the slower times of day.
Yeah I looked in the middle of December and at 9pm CET there was over 1800 models online and two thirds of them had 4 people or less in their room.

Upvote 0
Definitely! I'm pretty sure that new model status worked completely different as well. I got lucky to find some peeps that liked me in my first 12 hours on my original account.
It probably did not hurt that I looked much younger than I was at the time, either. I have to find a different audience now that I'm not as young looking or brace faced.
I'm not giving up on the site, I'm going to keep trying 15-30 min increments unless I'm being tipped to justify staying on longer. I can cam on my other site til I get MFC working for me, since I have a fair amount of favorites there. I wish I could bring them with me, or at least be able to give my social media links. I have significantly more followers on SM than I do on twitter.

Upvote 0
I had to think of random weird ideas that would bring people in and I did. My schtick is not for everyone but it worked to help bring my score up. I’m almost back at a 4000. Try to think out of the box for something that works with your persona. You can do it!!!

Upvote 0
All you need is one good tipper to turn a show around. I would stick with it and build it. My cam score goes up and down between 2500-4000, which is a big fluctuation. Camming is so unpredictable. If it doesnt turn around this month, I'd just try a new site. I wasn't making anything on CB and MFC has been good to me. Maybe CB or another will be better for you. In any case, it is like a business, so you have to build it.

I set myself a money goal for the day and I don't care what that cam score says as long as I've hit it. lol. The people who follow you and love you don't care, either because they will enter your room regardless. You can't always control traffic but you can control the quality of your relationships with your regulars.

Upvote 0
MFC is also incredibly slow for me the last 2 months, but it's just natural with christmas season and january being slow everywhere. I just hope to be better soon, my camscore is tanking hard and my mindset being vulnerable when I sit there for 1h without a tip :bucktooth:

• Hugs
Reactions: Gia_Xo
Upvote 0
MFC is also incredibly slow for me the last 2 months, but it's just natural with christmas season and january being slow everywhere. I just hope to be better soon, my camscore is tanking hard and my mindset being vulnerable when I sit there for 1h without a tip :bucktooth:
Same here- my week has been horrendous. When my room is dead (which has been a lot), I eventually switch over to CB when I can't take it anymore. It's been a little better there for me- much more traffic than MFC for some reason. Yesterday I had no one in MFC room for so long that I switched over to CB and had 50 in my room there after maybe 30 minutes. Weird. It happens. And (luckily) there's usually a large gap in time between these bad streaks that I forget how bad they suck and how much it fucks with your head. Hang in there.

Upvote 0
Same here- my week has been horrendous. When my room is dead (which has been a lot), I eventually switch over to CB when I can't take it anymore. It's been a little better there for me- much more traffic than MFC for some reason. Yesterday I had no one in MFC room for so long that I switched over to CB and had 50 in my room there after maybe 30 minutes. Weird. It happens. And (luckily) there's usually a large gap in time between these bad streaks that I forget how bad they suck and how much it fucks with your head. Hang in there.

Thank you so much Babe, I am trying to not let it fuck with my head but it's SO hard I literally made 500$ in december lol - fortunately I have some savings I can dig into... I'm always trying to focus on improving and thinking positive. Your words helped :h:

• Hugs
Reactions: Gia_Xo
Upvote 0
Yeah I looked in the middle of December and at 9pm CET there was over 1800 models online and two thirds of them had 4 people or less in their room.
yea that's about the norm for me 4 people or less in the room at a time. At any time that's usually my norm from my experience.

Upvote 0
I'm not giving up on the site, I'm going to keep trying 15-30 min increments unless I'm being tipped to justify staying on longer. I can cam on my other site til I get MFC working for me, since I have a fair amount of favorites there. I wish I could bring them with me, or at least be able to give my social media links. I have significantly more followers on SM than I do on twitter.
From a viewer.. I think it will be very hard for me to notice a model who only comes on for 15 - 30 minutes at a time. I occasionally search the "tags" or do a search to see models I might not have seen before. I think a model would need to stay on cam for at least an hour minimum to be noticed and build up a few "regulars" who are willing to tip and possibly spread the word about your cam. That takes serious patience.
I know the cam score system is a big issue. But if the cam score system makes you afraid to cam, then you might want to ignore it for a while. *I know this is easy for me to say because I'm not the one watching my score decrease. But if you step into the room with 1 foot and leave quickly, it will be hard to ever find a consistent viewer.*

Upvote 0
Thanks for the confidence boost! I’m focusing on my other site for now. I am going to come back to MFC once I have the time to really put my all into it. It definitely has changed a lot since I was first on there in 2011. I also need to take the time to learn all the new features so I’m not looking like a idiot staring blankly at the screen because I’m figuring it out while online lol

Upvote 0
Amber's right, there are TONS of global models on.
Are you a morning person? There are 39 models on right now from North America.
This was posted around 5am PST, which means less North American models are online. Peak model numbers are usually in the late afternoon/evening PST.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.