AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lag on Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2018
Australia
In the last week or so, one of the models I follow regularly has been having lots of lag problems. The stream will work fine for anywhere 15-20 minutes and then there will be a massive lag spike which can last up to 30 seconds. The audio and video cuts out and you have a 'frozen' screen. Sometimes CB shows her as offline completely then moments later she teleports around the room like a star trek thing and then it smooths out.

It then works just fine for a while, then it could be any length of time the lag returns at random. I've checked other rooms and I see it happening in only some, not all of them. I spoke with the model about it and she said that she was looking in other rooms as well and only some of them seem to be having the issue as well.

Its becoming frustrating as it feels like the lag is affecting people being in her room and they just leave to find another room that doesnt seem to have this issue.

Is anyone else (model/viewer) seeing this sort of behaviour too?

was it only 1 day ?

Last Monday, in evening for west-europe there have been a server issue affecting a lot of rooms.
(However, I don't see any trace of this in the site status history)

Different servers are used to broadcast, so it can happen that it affects only some rooms and not other ones.

If she uses OBS, she can try when it happens to change of server,
but it's generally better to just stop the show instead of passing time to try to adjust and risk to break all her settings :/

Upvote 0
Its been a continuing issue for over a week now, so its not an isolated incident.

I did suggest trying a different server, but she replied by saying she is using the recommended CB settings. I will suggest it nevertheless.

Sadly if she stopped the show, she wouldn't have been broadcasting for a while... so thats not really an option here.

Edit:

She tried using the auto-test and pick option in OBS and it just picked the same server that had the issue.
Failing that she is trying some randomly picked ones to see if it helps at all..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its been a continuing issue for over a week now, so its not an isolated incident.

So, it may be also a problem on her side (her internet provider or so...)

she replied by saying she is using the recommended CB settings.

in OBS ?

ok, but when "the recommended" don't work so often that it becomes blocking
she may be interested in trying something else, only as a confirmation.

(I understand that 'global' does relay to the closest server depending on her localization)
1581674505062.png

Reactions: jekster
Upvote 0
We tried a couple of the alternatives and ended finding the Global Backup to be the better on. It was still lagging, but the time between 'lag' sessions seemed to be longer. She's logged off now, but we will try again later.
Thanks for the suggestions DoD :)

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
lDid she tried new chaturbate broadcaster BETA? Im also broadcater and need say that i notice weird things from some time. On this site https://chaturbate.speedtestcustom.com/ i always check what is the best for me. Always was showing me Warsaw as recommended (the same what is recomended for me In obs as global main sever). From few weeks it always showing me Amsterdam, btw in obs still coneects me to Warsaw as recomened. Huh chaturbare suport replied the same and the same: use global main recomended. But hm I noticed not mny people, some peoole just coming and leaving,some says that they have problems with connection nd they leave. But I noticed one thing: with OBS I have ok: more effectsl,filters , HD+ etc but so few people last time...... So I tried BETA and I cant be comfy with so small preview and basics camera setings but is really more people.. I dont know how to expain this, i dont know what is happening with OBS or chaturbate but now I see that im not the only one with issues.

Upvote 0
One more thing : I also have another account just to follow myself and check from VPN how my stream look like etc. And few days ago I noticed that even if i was online, I couldnt see myself in followed list.. So I opened my room from tbe link and this is what I saw:
HTTP 404 - Page Not Found It's probably just a broken link, or perhaps a cancelled broadcaster. Try going directly to http://chaturbate.com.

I imeediately wrote mail to one of my fans to see if he can see my room. He joined my room and saw me... So this is what i was thinking from some time: for some people our room works, but some just cant see us for some reason..

Upvote 0
I spoke to the model about it more and she did some looking around on CB and it appears to be a more widespread issue. There are other models who are saying the lag issues are also hitting their rooms. So it's sounding more like its and issue on CB's side. She visited some other rooms and you could see the lag similar to what she was getting, and also people complaining about it, the other models saying they have been having lag issues as well.

I will suggest she probably needs to contact to support next.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Bit of an update for interested parties..

After talking to some geographically diverse members in the models room, we've established that different people have different lag experiences.

Anyone in Australia or US seem to get massive lag spikes where the model 'freezes' and teleports around the room for up to a minute when it occurs, but people in Europe, and UK see a brief lag spike and then it continues.

I've now installed a VPN service and have connected to a location in Europe and now I am seeing the "brief lag spike" and then the stream continues (I am in Australia for reference).

My gut feeling suggests that this is not a model specific issue anymore? I've seen similar problems in some other rooms on CB, but not all of them and it seems to depend a little on where the model is geographically as well.

Upvote 0
I dont know if it will help, but my friend says that after new year many servers not working good,she mention that even HBO GO is lagging :) Maybe is more global problem and chaturbate uses the same servers as many companies do...Silly but who knows:)

Upvote 0
Can be related to the fact that they default now to the new browser's page using html5 instead of flash ?

While viewing, I often switch to the legacy page when it's slow to connect

Upvote 0
Can confirm that I’ve been experiencing some really weird lag spikes the past week or so. I get them every now and then, but the frequency nowadays is really unusual.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.