AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you recommend on Netflix or Prime?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
netflix, there is just more Great content on netflix then there is on prime.

2 seasons of Hip Hop Evolution

Making a Murderer

6 seasons of BoJack Horseman

3 Seasons of Marvel's Daredevil

2 Seasons of Altered Carbon

3 Seasons of Jessica Jones

3 Seasons of Stranger Things

Mindhunternner

Breaking Bad

I'm not sure if you would consider it light (through both seasons), but Fleabag on prime is funny AF. It is weird though, it gets surprisingly emotionally intense, but stays just as funny.

I also laughed really hard recently watching The Do Over again, as well as Death at a Funeral. Fleabag was both funny and engrossing though out. I had a hard time staying engaged w the funny movies, as they were just longer, and had a less engaging storyline. But both were very light imo, and had thigh slapping hilarious moments :)

I've heard The Expanse is good. Will have to add it to my watchlist. Though, I have had terrible luck with shows over the past few months...

Started watching Star Trek Voyager last summer. Got into Season 3, and it got pulled from Prime. So, I started watching Babylon 5. Get into Season 3, and it gets yanked from Prime. So, I watch Jack Ryan's second season and enjoyed. So, I was going to start watching the Expanse and noticed Voyager is back on. So, picked up where I left off there. I better hurry up and finish the series before they yank it and put B5 back on.

As to "light" shows or comedies, I don't have any suggestions. I never really had much time up until recently. so, now I'm trying to binge through shows I was interested in years ago...

If you haven't seen it, watch The Good Place on Netflix. Most charming comedy to come out in a long time. If you don't mind violence, then I'd also recommend Happy!, which is a lot of kinetic fun, and Ash vs. Evil Dead, which is the most hilariously disgusting show I've ever seen. And speaking of shows about demon hunters, Supernatural (I'm in the "stop after the first five seasons" camp) and Crazyhead are both fun.

On Prime, you could keep up your Terry Pratchett binge with a few of the movies made from his other books. I know Going Postal and The Hogfather are both available, and The Colour of Magic is on the IMDB channel. I'd also recommend Chuck, Farscape, and The Mighty Boosh. Prime had Pushing Daisies available until recently, and I hope they get it back. Keep an eye out for that. It's really underrated. The creator also made Dead Like Me, which is also available on Prime, and the first season is pretty great (the second season is fairly mediocre.)

Reactions: Beawaresweety
I just finished Good Omens on Prime (SO GOOD) and am needing a new show. I want something kinda light, like a comedy.

Any recommendations?

If you are looking for something light and funny and you might haven't watched it before. I would recommend the British Version of the IT Crowd. I haven't re-watched it in over a year or so, but last I recall it was still on Netflix. Not a comedy, but light is "The Toys that Made Us" touches all the nostalgia points for me. They are heavier on boy toys so it might not really work for a female audience. I think they recently launched a movie version of the same series where they discuss classic movies from the 80's/90's.

Ive been loving sex education on netflix!

I've had that on my list forever. I think I will finally give it a watch

Last edited:
True, and they do have 4 seasons of The Expanse. And 5 Seasons of Law & Order.
Hehe I think you may need to re-read the thread subject. She wasn’t asking us to pick between Netflix or prime, just asking for stuff ON Netflix or prime.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on prime is top shelf fun and Sex Education on Netflix is also hanging on that top shelf. Tere is so much but those were just the first two that came to mind.
Also must second Fleabag too! It’s a darker comedy but ohhhhhh so good and holy hell the second season is one of the best of anything ever i swear!

Catastrophe on Prime is good too, so far not as dark as I usually like, but REALLY funny.
I have not watched the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel myself, but several people I know (who usually have good taste) have recommended that one also. So it's prob really good too.

The first 3 seasons of Community are phenomenal. The last three seasons are great in parts, but never catch up to the first 3 seaons.

The Paintball episodes is what got the Russo Brothers their Marvel directing gig....

Don't forget PBS - they only keep the past episode up, but with NOVA, Nature, Secrets of the Dead, Doc World, POV - worth checking out when you have 57 subscriptions and nothing's on.

The first 3 seasons of Community are phenomenal. The last three seasons are great in parts, but never catch up to the first 3 seaons.

The Paintball episodes is what got the Russo Brothers their Marvel directing gig....

I can wholeheartedly second this!
Community is one of my all-time favourites and one of those rare shows that seems to get better each time I rewatch it too. Every time I make a friend who hasn't watched it I use it as an excuse to see it again.

It's silly and entertaining, yet somehow the characters and situations remain complex...

But yeah, later seasons were never quite the same.

Reactions: DaddyDominant
One of the best things is that there are no 'normal' characters in the show, with the possible exception of Frankie in the 6th season. I'm almost done with the 6th season, and I honestly want to watch it again.

"and jesus WEPT!"

Reactions: Secretlystubborn
"What If" w Renee Zellweger. Netflix.
So, so cool to see her in this role, compared to some of her past more comedic roles. I thought her acting was beyond amazing and engrossing. The whole series, was really, REALLY good. I literally could not stop binge-watching it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.