AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When do you call it quits?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gia666

Deactivated Account
Oct 29, 2019
I had my worst night ever on cb since I started 1.5 years ago. For over 3 hours I could not get viewers or tips. I changed outfits was almost nude. Made no difference. Since this is my only income and im not making any money anymore I think I need to quit.

1.5 years should have been enough time to build up a loyal fan base, but I feel I do not have even 1 supporter left. Or I would not have sat for over 3 hrs in a dead room. I’m sad and I feel like a failure

I changed my user name on cb . Kept my followers. I sat 5 hrs off and on and could not make a dime . No viewers nothing, guess every cam model has a shelf life and I reached mine very quickly.

I recommend logging off after 1 hour or less if no one tips and logging back on another time after doing somethung else like watching a movie , painting, reading or cleaning apartment or even trying another day not later that daybecause sometimes is simply slow day. 3 hr is too much and will affect you psychologically. Of course you feel sad. That is normal.

I recommend logging off after 1 hour or less if no one tips and logging back on another time after doing somethung else like watching a movie , painting, reading or cleaning apartment or even trying another day not later that daybecause sometimes is simply slow day. 3 hr is too much and will affect you psychologically. Of course you feel sad. That is normal.
I did log out after 30 minutes and kept trying again and again. From 6pm to just after midnight. It never got better. I feel I do not have 1 single support left after 1.5 years, otherwise at least 1 would have come in and made my night and not 1 did. I can’t do it again. It broke me emotionally and financially. I think I made $5. It was the worst 6 hours ever on cb since I started. Outfit changes made no difference, naked , nothing made it better. Logged out in tears again and am gonna cry myself to sleep.

If I'm consistently not making money on cam, I switch sites or focus on clips for a while (a week, a month, a year, etc). I wouldn't say that we have a shelf life, but traffic is dynamic and preferences change. I go where the money is, I don't have the energy to beat a dead horse and try to force a site that's not working right now.

I did well the night before. However last night for 6 hours I could do nothing.

Its so inconsistent which makes it hard to know what to do.
Sometimes I get lucky, and get private shows and tippers.
Just so inconsistent and I cam at the same time each day and night.

But for 6 hours last night I was beating a dead horse. However, usually I get a hero at some point come in a white horse to save my night. Last night it never happened.

Have you tried camming at a different time slot, or is that not an option for you?
The only time I have not tried is early morning. And that is because I usually try in the afternoon. And if that is not profitable work well past midnight. And I need my sleep so dont get up early enough.

And this am CB had 90 models per page x 47 pgs= 4230 models. So is it any wonder I'm struggling?

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not at all trying to be mean or anything, so apologies in advance if this comes across as a bit harsh.

You complain a lot about Chaturbate on here. That's what the majority of your posts are about. Is it possible that whenever you log on you're logging on with a not so great mindset? I know when things were slow for me on MFC I'd log in and be in a pissy mood sometimes. It was the same way when I was still a bartender, if it was a night I knew I wouldn't do that well I'd be a grouch. I wouldn't be outwardly grouchy (at least, I didn't think I was at the time) and even if I tried to hide my bad mood by putting on a smile, people could still pick up on that negative energy and I'd end up making a hell of a lot less than when I was in a genuinely good mood. People are drawn to positive energy, especially when it's in a setting like a cam site (or a bar) where people go to so that they can get away from their daily problems and just enjoy themselves.

Tbh, it doesn't seem like you enjoy being on the site at all, it seems like you're going through major burnout which is definitely an issue in this industry. My advice would be to take a break from Chaturbate. You don't need to leave the industry. You could try another cam site, you could try clip making, you could even try phone sex/texting sites. Chaturbate isn't the only place in this industry to make money. For me, personally, transitioning from live camming to clip making was the best decision I made in this industry, for my bank account and for my own mental well being.

You can always try out new things and if you decide you miss Chaturbate and want to try making it work again, you'll be able to go back to it feeling energized and refreshed.

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not at all trying to be mean or anything, so apologies in advance if this comes across as a bit harsh.

You complain a lot about Chaturbate on here. That's what the majority of your posts are about. Is it possible that whenever you log on you're logging on with a not so great mindset? I know when things were slow for me on MFC I'd log in and be in a pissy mood sometimes. It was the same way when I was still a bartender, if it was a night I knew I wouldn't do that well I'd be a grouch. I wouldn't be outwardly grouchy (at least, I didn't think I was at the time) and even if I tried to hide my bad mood by putting on a smile, people could still pick up on that negative energy and I'd end up making a hell of a lot less than when I was in a genuinely good mood. People are drawn to positive energy, especially when it's in a setting like a cam site (or a bar) where people go to so that they can get away from their daily problems and just enjoy themselves.

Tbh, it doesn't seem like you enjoy being on the site at all, it seems like you're going through major burnout which is definitely an issue in this industry. My advice would be to take a break from Chaturbate. You don't need to leave the industry. You could try another cam site, you could try clip making, you could even try phone sex/texting sites. Chaturbate isn't the only place in this industry to make money. For me, personally, transitioning from live camming to clip making was the best decision I made in this industry, for my bank account and for my own mental well being.

You can always try out new things and if you decide you miss Chaturbate and want to try making it work again, you'll be able to go back to it feeling energized and refreshed.
I would agree I'm burned out. This is my only income source and I've done it fulltime for 1.5 years. So when it's slow and I'm not making what I need to, to pay my bills I get stressed out. However, I always start put positive everyday when i first come on.

I do enjoy CB when i have a room where there are users chatting and tipping even small amounts which I had the night before.

However, my mood tanks when it is slow. Or if I have 100 + users and no one is even chatting.

I get bored easily which does not help either.
I smile, play music say hi to the users who come in. I just dont get many even responding back.
Then it brings my mood down.
I have had alot of fun times on CB, just not as many recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.