AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If you started out today with zero followers online - what would you do differently?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2021
I've read too many sad stories about new models getting discouraged by trolls or not being able to even earn 50$ a week during their first 6 months camming/making adult content causing them to quit.

What's your top 3 advice for new models in 2021?

If you started out today with zero followers online - what would you do differently?

🌻

I've been on OnlyFans for about a year, but I will be starting over since my page is filled with freeloaders begging for free custom stuff (since my page is free). It's highly discouraging having to ignore beggars and rude messages wanting me to do things that I'm not comfortable with. I plan on making my page premium and posting higher quality content every day/every other day.

What's a good monthly subscription price? Maybe 9.99 or 12.99?

:angelic:

Thanks!

1: create a consistent schedule and try to stream much as possible during your new model status
2: do not undercharge yourself. just because you are new doesn't mean you have to undervalue your services.
3: try many sites as possible. fill your basket with as many eggs that you are able can manage.

if you are tired of your onlyfans freeloaders. up that sub price to what you feel comfortable with. ORRR you could create an additional paid OF page. use your free OF page as advertisement to shuffle people to your paid, or see ppv so they dont have to monthly sub.

This days my best advice is to use imshine and keep 5 sites at the same time, imposible end of the day to not collect some good incommes, also this way the new model will see wich is the site that brings her more traffic, more tips and if she wants after she can focus more on it, if not , keep them all , one day one site is slow and another is saving the day , or just collecting from all to be sure is a productive day .

I've read too many sad stories about new models getting discouraged by trolls or not being able to even earn 50$ a week during their first 6 months camming/making adult content causing them to quit.

What's your top 3 advice for new models in 2021?

🌻

I've been on OnlyFans for about a year, but I will be starting over since my page is filled with freeloaders begging for free custom stuff (since my page is free). It's highly discouraging having to ignore beggars and rude messages wanting me to do things that I'm not comfortable with. I plan on making my page premium and posting higher quality content every day/every other day.

:angelic:

Thanks!
Is it common for new models to earn less than 50$ a week then?. I am new and probably getting less than that. I was thinking the other day is it because I am new or does it mean I am never going to earn much and is it worth carrying on with it or not.

Is it common for new models to earn less than 50$ a week then?. I am new and probably getting less than that. I was thinking the other day is it because I am new or does it mean I am never going to earn much and is it worth carrying on with it or not.
It’s challenging economic times. There’s more competition than ever.

If you are streaming on one platform and only making around $50 per week, which is what most models would make in 1 hour or day, depending on the model, gender ect..

Try streaming on multiple platforms and find your market. It takes time, dedication and finding your USP.

Your experience is different from mine when I was new.
I would try adding a different site and adding selling content, into the mix if you have not already.
Do you have a good camera and lights already?

I have my main one set at 13.99 per month, and I do roughly 4 shorts a week. Mine is belly and pregnancy fetish specific though.
I'm not highly successful on OF, nor a top OF model, but I also put close to zero work into marketing my OF, and have not live-streamed in over a month. I also don't intend on live streaming for another 1-2 mos. A lot of my subs came after I was on live, and people googled me after the fact (can't mention OF on SM).
Right now I'm in the top 15%, whereas there are many models who use ACF who are top 1%.
So those are my numbers. In my case, I'm glad I don't have a sub fee of less than $13, because it just wouldn't motivate me to put any effort into it, and I would be too resentful of the $5 guys who want the world. Other models handle that better though, so it depends on your personality.

My vanilla is $5 and not as popular right now, and I do 2 very brief uploads per week. The low sub fee doesn't motivate me that much.
But I do like the site and have built some decent pocket money off of it over the last year.
I just have other sites that I focus on first and foremost. However, that might not even have been that smart a move, as it is a pretty big and fast-growing site.

Last edited:
Your experience is different from mine when I was new.
I would try adding a different site and adding selling content, into the mix if you have not already.
Do you have a good camera and lights already?

I have my main one set at 13.99 per month, and I do roughly 4 shorts a week. Mine is belly and pregnancy fetish specific though.
I'm not highly successful on OF, nor a top OF model, but I also put close to zero work into marketing my OF, and have not live-streamed in over a month. I also don't intend on live streaming for another 1-2 mos. A lot of my subs came after I was on live, and people googled me after the fact (can't mention OF on SM).
Right now I'm in the top 15%, whereas there are many models who use ACF who are top 1%.
So those are my numbers. In my case, I'm glad I don't have a sub fee of less than $13, because it just wouldn't motivate me to put any effort into it, and I would be too resentful of the $5 guys who want the world. Other models handle that better though, so it depends on your personality.

My vanilla is $5 and not as popular right now, and I do 2 very brief uploads per week. The low sub fee doesn't motivate me that much.
But I do like the site and have built some decent pocket money off of it over the last year.
I just have other sites that I focus on first and foremost. However, that might not even have been that smart a move, as it is a pretty big and fast-growing site.
No I haven't got good streaming equipment at the moment as I cant afford to get it yet. I am thinking about either adding photos or a video or something. Perhaps it will pick up after I do privates. I get a lot of tips but only small amounts.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
No I haven't got good streaming equipment at the moment as I cant afford to get it yet. I am thinking about either adding photos or a video or something. Perhaps it will pick up after I do privates. I get a lot of tips but only small amounts.
Ok, when I started it was part-time while working another job too. But I already had a full HD webcam and lots of toys, outfits and stuff.

I wouldn't give up on it (if you are having fun and enjoying it) until you have a chance to stream with a good camera etc. It takes time to build up. For me it took at least a year for camming, but then several years for content sales to stay where I wanted them 💜 Plus even to this day there are sites I do great on, and others where for some reason it's like pulling teeth for me, even to make a tiny amount. It's unpredictable.

Last edited:
Ok, when I started it was part-time while working another job too. But I already had a full HD webcam and lots of toys, outfits and stuff.

I wouldn't give up on it (if you are having fun and enjoying it) until you have a chance to stream with a good camera etc. It takes time to build up. For me it took at least a year for camming, but then several years for content sales to stay where I wanted them 💜 Plus even to this day there are sites I do great on, and others where for some reason

it's like pulling teeth for me, even to make a tiny amount. It's unpredictable.
I only do it part time too as I do other work. Weekday works the best for me as I don't do well at the weekend but now I am back at work
it looks like it will have to just be the weekend. I don't have any of those things which doesn't help. I am slowly earning more though so it's going in the right direction. Actually I am probably earning about 70$ a week at present I was converting it to my own currency do a bit better but not great. Hopefully it will improve once I start privates.

I wouldn't give up on it (if you are having fun and enjoying it) until you have a chance to stream with a good camera etc. It takes time to build up. For me it took at least a year for camming, but then several years for content sales to stay where I wanted them 💜 Plus even to this day there are sites I do great on, and others where for some reason it's like pulling teeth for me, even to make a tiny amount. It's unpredictable.
I don't have any of those at present and mine is a second job too. The weekday works better for me as I don't earn hardly anything of a weekend but now I am back to work it looks like it's just going to be weekends. I will just have to hope my regulars will change with me.

Last edited:
I only do it part time too as I do other work. Weekday works the best for me as I don't do well at the weekend but now I am back at work
it looks like it will have to just be the weekend. I don't have any of those things which doesn't help. I am slowly earning more though so it's going in the right direction. Actually I am probably earning about 70$ a week at present I was converting it to my own currency do a bit better but not great. Hopefully it will improve once I start privates.

I don't have any of those at present and mine is a second job too. The weekday works better for me as I don't earn hardly anything of a weekend but now I am back to work it looks like it's just going to be weekends. I will just have to hope my regulars will change with me.
Sounds like you are on the right track then. Summer plus during the pandemic are a lot more difficult times. It just takes time to build up a following. It’s worth hanging in there if you enjoy yourself, and like being your own boss 👍

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Sounds like you are on the right track then. Summer plus during the pandemic are a lot more difficult times. It just takes time to build up a following. It’s worth hanging in there if you enjoy yourself, and like being your own boss 👍
I do like it and some of the regulars are lovely I do enjoy chatting to them. Sometimes I forget I am working and chatting to a friend. I get about 100 new followers a week so its slowly improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.