AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is Chaturbate On A Ban. Spree??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2020
Different Forum groups here are in discussion of diverse Agendas. Ways to improve cam quality and many helpful stuff. Chaturbate on the other hand has every member Pleading for a Restoration of their accounts. Helps Me Wonder, Is Chaturbate on a BAN Spree, or has Ambercutie become the best platform to appeal for the BANs? What makes models so attached to the site that so hard for them to Move on. In my experience, other sites like MFC are offering the same quality of service?

I would think one quick glance at the numerous "Banned on Chaturbate" threads here would send potential CB models running for the hills. But I guess that site has been a big earner for a lot of models, and CB members seem to be really loyal to that site (I guess especially if their favorite models are on there, and aren't on any other cam site). So I guess that's why it's hard for some people to let go. Plus the site's popularity and traffic. And I've realized that it's not easy convincing some of these members to start inputting their credit/debit card information to a different site. I know MFC members who have been loyal to MFC for years, and even when I'd quit MFC for a while, they were not about to go sign up to tip me on some other site. Lol. When I went back to MFC, they were still on there...and happy to see me back.

MFC offers way better service than CB. Better model support that responds to e-mails quickly, and it's actually hard for a model to get banned from MFC. Just follow the rules, especially the NO MEN ON CAMERA rule. If you're coming from CB and you're used to sucking/fucking your man's cock in public chat, that's something you will not be allowed to do on MFC. And they will not want to hear "But I didn't know that's the rule!' excuses. Read the rules thoroughly before your first broadcast...on any new site, really.

All of these models getting screwed over by CB need to just come on over to MFC and/or Stripchat, and make that their new home.

When I first joined this forum several years ago, we mostly had discussions about MFC. And then eventually Chaturbate and Stripchat started getting more recognition and more threads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not only models it seems but also affiliates. I have been promoting them for over 8 years and just got my account banned. I came here as I was told that someone can help me but still waiting for a replay on my thread. I've already sent out email last week and still nothing till now.

Upvote 0
I don't know how correctly to say it, but: Cb seems to went on purge road. Creating spaces and banning all models what they think “is not worthy”. It is going on for a really long time now, At a first glance I noticed most of the banned models were from LatAm and I know how common there document forgery is. After some poking around russian forums, I noticed that as well some UA and RU models are getting banned or not able to registrate even if they never worked on Cb before.

Upvote 0
I think they are, been looking this forum for few days and every day there is like dozen new post of people getting banned from for no reason.
As non cis model, MFC is out of the question for me and stripchat doesn't seem to have enough traffic.

Upvote 0
I think so many models find it difficult to move on because not only does it mean starting from scratch and maybe having 0 users, but it's the whole side of learning what the members on that site are like, and more importantly, the site itself - the rules, the technical side, navigation, and so on. Not all models are tech-savvy so learning a site can be a lot and be an overwhelming process. Many have real life stuff to be worrying about and not want to have to worry about trying to figure out a new site. I know to many of us this may sound silly because it's part of any job, things happen and you may need to learn new skills and what have you, but like I said, not all models are very tech savvy at all so they get scared or paranoid they may click something and break something

Reactions: Highlander884
Upvote 0
The problem for models is that most members are more loyal to the website than to the model. It is a big deal to start a financial relationship with a website, and then you build up a list of models you follow. As a member, that puts you in a position of having a "currency" (i.e., tokens) that holds your entire budget for the month and models to spend on, against that budget. Jumping over to another website means starting that process over from scratch. But even worse it means now you have to split your budget across websites, which ends up inevitably blowing your budget for webcam sites.

So if you are a model jumping websites, in some respects it can be like starting over again, because many of your regulars are not going to follow you over with a token-funded account. If you are a top 100 model, and you have five customers who account for 90% of your business who spend thousands on you every month, your situation might be different. Those are high-tier members for whom money means nothing. They might easily have five or six accounts on different sites and it does not make a bit of difference to those members whether they spend $10K per month or $20K. If you are instead a typical model who is getting income from dozens of viewers who each budget under $1K/month for all webcam activities, it is going to be tougher to get those members to follow you.

In the last year, I have become aware that CB is actually pretty evil and mean. I have cut back my spend dramatically. But - even wanting to leave the site entirely - I am still trapped by the inertia of all of the models I already follow there.

Upvote 0
Helps Me Wonder, Is Chaturbate on a BAN Spree
It seems that their support has gotten worse and less effective, while their model userbase has grown too fast for them to keep up. CB has always had a defunct support system, and a lot of their automated ban systems should have been updated YEARS ago to be more helpful to model users running into mystery bans. It would appear that even with helpful feedback from us, CB ownership and support has failed to improve.
Ambercutie [forums] become the best platform to appeal for the BANs?
It has become abundantly clear that response time from support emails at CB are unsatisfactory and people come here looking to boost their signal by tagging @punker barbie. The problem is, that ever since Shirley has become too busy with CB to respond personally and that account is run by someone lower on the totem pole, that the same lacking support response is being found here lately as well. Which is causing multiple posts from the same model users looking for help, and making the CB section crowded with pleading cases.
What makes models so attached to the site that so hard for them to Move on.
I honestly have no idea. I've always found CB's interface and trashy ads to be very offputting. The only cases I can understand that don't go to MFC instead are male/trans/couples who are not allowed on MFC.
in my experience, other sites like MFC are offering the same quality of service?
I assume you mean MFC offers a similar format, while not being so inadequate with support, which I agree with. I've been there nearly 13 years and can admit they've had their share of tech issues in the past but ultimately is a lot more welcoming to their (female) models.

Upvote 0
@AmberCutie

In comparing the threads between the MFC sub-forum and the Chaturbate sub-forum, the number of "my account has been banned" threads are almost non-existent in the MFC forum. Your presence on MFC over the years would make one assume that if MFC was banning as prolifically as CB is, that there would be performers coming here and posting as well. But they don't seem to be.

It begs the question of what is exactly happening at CB that is causing these bans. MFC and CB are both American companies, so being proactive and keeping the payment processors happy would seem to be in both companies interests. But CB seems to be taking it to an extreme. My favorite model was recently banned from CB for looking too young, and this was after successfully broadcasting on CB for close to a year with no prior issues. Her ID and verification documents were on file this entire time. But now they are rejected due to the "looking too young" ban and they will not reverse the decision.

I honestly think that their "reporting" feature is being abused because users now know that a "report" will cause an automated ban(it really seems as if this is the case), and it has become weaponized by users and models alike as a result. Of course this is just speculation, but something is definitely wrong with how often this seems to be occurring.

Upvote 0
MFC and CB are both American companies, so being proactive and keeping the payment processors happy would seem to be in both companies interests. But CB seems to be taking it to an extreme.
I have always thought they were over-cautious to a fault, which means less freedoms for CB models and a less fun community and atmosphere... aside from all the ridiculous bannings which are the biggest fault.

My favorite model was recently banned from CB for looking too young, and this was after successfully broadcasting on CB for close to a year with no prior issues. Her ID and verification documents were on file this entire time. But now they are rejected due to the "looking too young" ban and they will not reverse the decision.
HUGEST facepalm-worthy thing that CB bans for. There are legal processes and documentation to keep them safe, so why do they do this? There has to be more to it, some ultimate reason they're so paranoid.

I honestly think that their "reporting" feature is being abused because users now know that a "report" will cause an automated ban(it really seems as if this is the case), and it has become weaponized by users and models alike as a result. Of course this is just speculation, but something is definitely wrong with how often this seems to be occurring.
I'd most certainly say it's a safe assumption given all of the reports we have here where no actual problem was present and mysteriously CB unbans them, "it was a mistake", etc.

The bottom line is CB's support process is faulty.

Upvote 0
HUGEST facepalm-worthy thing that CB bans for. There are legal processes and documentation to keep them safe, so why do they do this? There has to be more to it, some ultimate reason they're so paranoid.
I can only speculate of course, but poorly trained and poorly supervised support staff still need to close their tickets because some middle manager is monitoring their metrics, so they err on the side of caution by shooting first and asking questions later. If top management is deathly afraid of the payment processors, it's not such a stretch to imagine the culture of fear spreading from the very top to the very bottom. There is just too much revenue to worry about, so they bow to their invisible masters Mastercard, Visa et. al. who only grudgingly approve their making money on naked people. The all powerful and holy dollar.

I've worked in places like that; "this place is about profit, so fuck right off with your kumbayah shit". No money is spent on platform/systemic improvement, "soft" projects, support, training, admin routines or anything else that isn't directly contributing black to the bottom line.

If CB has an organizational problem right now, it's nothing compared to the PR problem that is slowly building. Or boiling, as it were.

Upvote 0
@AmberCutie is nothing we can do to make cb trate our accounts decently? and with more interes? not only one robot message for all the accounts?
I'm really not sure what anyone can do at this point.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
they ban our accounts and keep our tokens… they dont give a honest reason the account was banned,nothing… only same message for all the accounts

Upvote 0
i am sure that 90% from all the models from here are already tired about this sh…..t … they just keep our tokens and we have nothing to do … i saw here one model with 5000$ bloked this is not possible

Upvote 0
they ban our accounts and keep our tokens…
CB is formally allowed to keep tokens banned models have earned. It is in the terms of service all models agree to when signing up.

That being said, the process they use when deciding to ban a model appears to be so flawed it's bordering on ridiculous. I have no doubt a lot of bans are reasonable and correct, but judging by some other posts here by people who have been banned, it's evidently more often a one person panic kangaroo court than not.

The sheer volume of "I have been banned from Chaturbate and I don't know why" posts here points to serious, systemic problems in their organisation. Organisationally speaking they can't cope with their creator and customer base at all, be it out of incompetence, negligence, growing pains or good old greed. I'd like to think it's not out of ill will, but some days it's hard to think otherwise. I sincerely hope they are fully aware of how they look to the outside world.

And I'm not even going to mention the almost comical difference between how the punker barbie account handles posts here, compared to Chloe, Charlie and the other site reps, but I think I just did.

Upvote 0
Its a communication problem, its not a chaturbate ban spree problem.

There are no bans for no reason, they simply do not give a reason initially and often they are taking days to respond. Anytime someone posts about a cb ban on the internet some one comes in immediately and claims punker barbie is shirley and will magically solve your problems if you post here on ambercutie. I have seen people ask a question about a new tag and someone will be like POST ON AMBERCUTIE AND TAG PUNKER BARBIE! Lag? POST ON AMBERCUTIE AND TAG PUNKER BARBIE! Every studio is also posting here when they have a problem because they have been advised to do so. Its no wonder shirley offloaded the work to support, is it partly chaturbates fault for not doing initial ban reasons on initial bans or doing better communication on response times? Of course it is.

The people posting here need to chill out and give support a week before tagging punker barbie and if they do they should post the resolution. A lot of these submit ID's and got banned are resolved in less than a day and yet you see them all the time posting here tagging punker barbie.

There are no bulk complaints about bans in other spots, theres nothing on the discord chats, I have received messages about bans and some of them really shouldn't have taken as long as they did to respond but none of them were innocent (i mean some of them didn't do it on purpose but they did do them).

The only innocent case I was informed about in the last few months is a long term token freeze (I want to say it was like 45 days) due to fraudulent tokens but the problem with that was the model broadcasts from a shared computer where another model did commit token fraud a while back so im thinking maybe thats why they froze tokens for so long. They did not respond to the emails during the token freeze either (i assume doing some sort of investigation or something I dont know) so she didnt know what was going on during that whole time frame. This is the type of thing that causes people to spam post all over the place saying things like "help chaturbate is stealing my money and arent responding to my emails!" Eventually they unfroze the tokens, decided not to ban the account, and sent the model an email explaining the situation.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JesseBangs and Brit
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Its a communication problem, its not a chaturbate ban spree problem.

There are no bans for no reason, they simply do not give a reason initially and often they are taking days to respond. Anytime someone posts about a cb ban on the internet some one comes in immediately and claims punker barbie is shirley and will magically solve your problems if you post here on ambercutie. I have seen people ask a question about a new tag and someone will be like POST ON AMBERCUTIE AND TAG PUNKER BARBIE! Lag? POST ON AMBERCUTIE AND TAG PUNKER BARBIE! Every studio is also posting here when they have a problem because they have been advised to do so. Its no wonder shirley offloaded the work to support, is it partly chaturbates fault for not doing initial ban reasons on initial bans or doing better communication on response times? Of course it is.

The people posting here need to chill out and give support a week before tagging punker barbie and if they do they should post the resolution. A lot of these submit ID's and got banned are resolved in less than a day and yet you see them all the time posting here tagging punker barbie.

There are no bulk complaints about bans in other spots, theres nothing on the discord chats, I have received messages about bans and some of them really shouldn't have taken as long as they did to respond but none of them were innocent (i mean some of them didn't do it on purpose but they did do them).

The only innocent case I was informed about in the last few months is a long term token freeze (I want to say it was like 45 days) due to fraudulent tokens but the problem with that was the model broadcasts from a shared computer where another model did commit token fraud a while back so im thinking maybe thats why they froze tokens for so long. They did not respond to the emails during the token freeze either (i assume doing some sort of investigation or something I dont know) so she didnt know what was going on during that whole time frame. This is the type of thing that causes people to spam post all over the place saying things like "help chaturbate is stealing my money and arent responding to my emails!" Eventually they unfroze the tokens, decided not to ban the account, and sent the model an email explaining the situation.
you are working for chaturbate?

Upvote 0
you are working for chaturbate?
no
you can check how many new posts are here with account banned in last month?
no idea, im sure its not even 0.1% of the 165k people that broadcasted in the last month
why whene they ask to emails , they don t give a good reason for the account banned or a good explication?
🤷‍♂️ I don't know anything about your situation, punker barbie responded to you that support has emailed you and then for some reason you replied with a different ticket #.

Upvote 0
no idea, im sure its not even 0.1% of the 165k people that broadcasted in the last month
That's a not too helpful statistic for the models who come here and have unceremoniously been cut off from their livelihood without an explanation.
CB actually *has* a reason for banning models, so why have they decided to keep mum about it? They're only creating problems for themselves (and to a certain extent Amber, as it were).

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
That's a not too helpful statistic for the models who come here and have unceremoniously been cut off from their livelihood without an explanation.
CB actually *has* a reason for banning models, so why have they decided to keep mum about it? They're only creating problems for themselves (and to a certain extent Amber, as it were).
🤷‍♂️ i don't know why thats there policy, i'd only be guessing. Perhaps they run everything by legal first? :giggle: I have no idea why they don't state the initial reason for the ban immediately.

Upvote 0
no

🤷‍♂️ I don't know anything about your situation, punker barbie responded to you that support has emailed you and then for some reason you replied with a different ticket #.
yes becauze they have same answer for all the models , one f… ing robotic message and this is not ok

Upvote 0
Well the thing is of the ladies that got banned this year that Ive followed none deserved it but were reports of group deliberately targeting them and reporting them. In one case there was a stalker on her own twitter page claiming responsibility that he reported her and got her banned (although that was eventually resolved)

As for why they still go back to cb instead of others? Well only 1 of the 3 that tried stripchat managed to make any real money compared to what they did on cb (worth pointing out she was the only one that had any social network accounts)

And 1 of the 3 used to broadcast on multiple sites including mfc, and she said that she made way more on cb then she did on the rest combined so it was a no brainer which site to choose to stay on.

I follow the models rather then the site and as I've stated before on this site that my tipping fell when these girls were banned but for layout/chat/gif posting I do prefer cb to the other sites.

Upvote 0
Well the thing is of the ladies that got banned this year that Ive followed none deserved it but were reports of group deliberately targeting them and reporting them. In one case there was a stalker on her own twitter page claiming responsibility that he reported her and got her banned (although that was eventually resolved)
You mean for appearing too young?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.