AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sleep Shows?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashacurves

Cam Model
Nov 22, 2021
United Kingdom
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@SashaCurves
MFC Username
Sasha_Curves
Streamate Username
SashaCurves
Since starting on Streamate recently, I've come across so many "sleep shows" where girls are lying "asleep" with their tip vibes in. This is totally new to me and a customer and I were discussing it trying to work out what it's about.

Is it really that big of a fetish? Or more just a way to make money literally in your sleep? Do they fake it or are they really sleeping? Is it really worth the money or does it do more damage to your site placement than good?

I'm not sure I could get myself to fall asleep knowing I'm being watched, let alone how self conscious I'd be about snoring or pulling an unattractive face haha but I'm interested to hear what people think about it?

Reactions: CheeseMoon
I don't know if it's a trend or just algorithms playing tricks with me, but there appears to be a rising amount of amateur and pro content on clip sites and free sites where the setup is "my gf/step-whatever/neighbour got helplessly stuck somewhere, so I took advantage and raped her". In my opinion the "vibe-me-in-my-sleep-wile-I'm-helpless" is a variant of the same and slightly disturbing and unsexy. I'll give it a 5 out of 10 on my personal eww scale 🤔 In other words, not for me.

But fetishes are fetishes, and in a cam setting it's at least safe.

Yeah it definitely seems like a grey area related to CNC and I think the rules on Streamate are that they allow it, but you have to make it super super clear that you're consenting by putting up a sign or something. Although can it ever really be consent when the person's unconscious?

Agreed, don't see the appeal from the customer POV, it seems really boring to me. There's of course a niche fetish for it but supply seems to be much bigger than what I'd have expected the demand to be!

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
On SM specifically, it looks to me like performers trying to hit that hour minimum for bonuses. Seems like some folks are coming up with creative ways to stay on longer, with the "bonus" payments coming around more frequently on the platform. Good for them! It's a high minimum. Just a thought, nothing to back it up other than my recollection.

The members who enjoy sleep shows really like the “sleeping beauty” fetish or enjoy voyeurism. And then there are those assholes who take sleep shows as a means to take the moment to be a troll. But more or less these shows can be seen as a challenge from model to user saying “hey, I dare you to try to wake me up”.

But, I agree with @THE MOLLIE MARIE said, some models will do sleep shows to hit the minimum hours requirement during contest and bonus weeks, but also some do it to maximize as much potential earnings as possible.

Some wake up to $40 from their sleep show, others $200. It’s not a bad way to earn a wee bit more money and start the day off with a little bit in the pocket.

Last edited:
some do it to maximize as much potential earnings as possible
This too. There are performers who make bank on the simple logic of making themselves more available to leave less on the table. I admire those who are able to monetize more of their time like this. And I don't at all mean to imply that it's not work to offer these things, it's smart biz if you know how to make it attractive to the viewer.

It's like adult big brother or something. There is 100% a voyeur audience out there.

Since starting on Streamate recently, I've come across so many "sleep shows" where girls are lying "asleep" with their tip vibes in. This is totally new to me and a customer and I were discussing it trying to work out what it's about.

Is it really that big of a fetish? Or more just a way to make money literally in your sleep? Do they fake it or are they really sleeping? Is it really worth the money or does it do more damage to your site placement than good?

I'm not sure I could get myself to fall asleep knowing I'm being watched, let alone how self conscious I'd be about snoring or pulling an unattractive face haha but I'm interested to hear what people think about it?
It actually feeds into two major fetishes if you know how to do it right. I make about $25-$50hr when I do a sleep show correctly. What I see out there a lot though is gals just sleeping and not really okaying into the right fetishes if you think you want to do this I suggest you start researching or I know it can rank your earnings and your placement. Especially for those who are new and don’t have a following yet

Streamate actually suggests if you don’t get the fetishes and play into them while you’re awake too to have a separate account for them but I don’t see many taking advantage of that either probably because they don’t understand

It actually feeds into two major fetishes if you know how to do it right. I make about $25-$50hr when I do a sleep show correctly. What I see out there a lot though is gals just sleeping and not really okaying into the right fetishes if you think you want to do this I suggest you start researching or I know it can rank your earnings and your placement. Especially for those who are new and don’t have a following yet

Streamate actually suggests if you don’t get the fetishes and play into them while you’re awake too to have a separate account for them but I don’t see many taking advantage of that either probably because they don’t understand
such shows are very well promoted by a beginner, it helped me very well in promotion before. Your advice is very practical and useful

such shows are very well promoted by a beginner, it helped me very well in promotion before. Your advice is very practical and useful
I mean if you managed to do well that’s great. I’m just saying in general if you don’t know how to cater to the fetishes they apply to and you’re just sitting there sleeping it’s not going to be as profitable or sustainable as actually working it as a fetish sleep show. And when you’re new if you’re hourly isn’t consistent and drops so does your placement. It also means less followers and tags which means less traffic in the long run

Reactions: MarieElise
On SM specifically, it looks to me like performers trying to hit that hour minimum for bonuses. Seems like some folks are coming up with creative ways to stay on longer, with the "bonus" payments coming around more frequently on the platform. Good for them! It's a high minimum. Just a thought, nothing to back it up other than my recollection.
That's interesting, I'm very new to SM and not heard of this bonus thing, can you explain?

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE

Making a second account dedicated to just that so you dont risk disrupting your ranking on your main actually makes a huge amount of sense!

Reactions: NerdyZoey
That's interesting, I'm very new to SM and not heard of this bonus thing, can you explain?
Sure. If you click on the contest results link on your dashboard it takes you to a page where you can view all past ("show more contests") and current contest info, so you can read about the different events that have happened in the past. Their schedule stays pretty consistent, so it helps to have an idea of when they'll be coming up again. So for example, in January, they said this in the informational post:

Chance to Earn a Bonus Gift​

You also have a chance to earn a bonus gift! You must stream for at least 25 hours during Jan 16-22 (GMT) to qualify:

• If you stream 25 hours and earn at least $250, you’ll get a $25 bonus!
  • If you stream 25 hours and earn at least $500, you’ll get a $50 bonus!
  • If you stream 25 hours and earn at least $1000, you’ll get a $100 bonus!
All performers are eligible to earn one of these gifts, including performers in the top 500 ranking. Make sure you stream at least 25 hours throughout the week to qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.