AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Invisible" mode

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2022
I recently purchased an Ultimate Membership in SC. One of the reasons I did this was for the ability to browse rooms as "Invisible". Yesterday I went into a room, and the model immediately typed "Welcome friends, both visible and invisible!" Can a model tell if there is an "invisible" user in the room? Just curious.

I recently purchased an Ultimate Membership in SC. One of the reasons I did this was for the ability to browse rooms as "Invisible". Yesterday I went into a room, and the model immediately typed "Welcome friends, both visible and invisible!" Can a model tell if there is an "invisible" user in the room? Just curious.
Yes, as can any user by looking at the user list. It will show the number/count (not the user names) of invisible users.

I have always wondered what that icon is exactly. I know that sounds dumb but to me, it looks like it is 1 of 2 things:

1) Eyes and a hat, like how you would imagine a "spy" to look in 2D silhouette drawings.
2) a UFO - which to me makes sense because it refers to "unknown".

Or maybe neither of those and it's something else?

I would personally love to be able to purchase the "invisible" mode by itself. I am not bothered by starting PMs, nor by Emojis, or "standing" out for models with the star.. but I would really love being able to buy that ONE perk by itself - either for a month, a few months, or even annually. @Charlie_SC not sure if that could be possible?

Reactions: Ozzie_
What happens when you tip as an invisible, does it appear as anonymous to both the chat and the model?
If you're an Ultimate user you can optionally tip anonymousely both when you're visible and invisible. The tip notification in the public chat will say "Someone tipped xx tokens".

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
If you're an Ultimate user you can optionally tip anonymousely both when you're visible and invisible. The tip notification in the public chat will say "Someone tipped xx tokens".
OK, that's similar to the anonymous feature on CB, although anyone with tokens can choose to do that, and the model can see who tipped even if the room can't.
Only if you tick that option. Otherwise it will show as normal
Interesting, would've assumed that it would default to anonymous tips when invisible.

OK, that's similar to the anonymous feature on CB, although anyone with tokens can choose to do that, and the model can see who tipped even if the room can't.

Interesting, would've assumed that it would default to anonymous tips when invisible.

Me too, it makes the most sense, however, when you go to a room and you're invisible, in blue writing it shows a notice saying you're invisible and if you post a message or tip, users/models will then be able to see your name in the chat (I can't remember the specific wording, I don't have Ultimate anymore, hopefully someone else can show it for you)

When you are invisible and enter room, you are presented with the following :-

"You are currently in Invisible Mode and cannot be seen. Sending messages or tips in chat will allow the model and other users to see you."

As long as you do not "speak" or publicly tip no-one will know you are there.

My model friend also tells me that if I am invisible (sometimes I forget to become visible when I am enter her room :facepalm: ) that it can be difficult for her to see (find) my PMs.

Personally I have never seen an reason / need to *interact* anonymously in a room, (I have checked out new -- to me -- models whilst invisible).

So invisible allows you to browse rooms without any pressure (real or perceived) to tip or chat?
Then once you find a room that you want to spend time in, revert to visible?
im-invisible-invisible.gif

Reactions: Ozzie_
So invisible allows you to browse rooms without any pressure (real or perceived) to tip or chat?
Then once you find a room that you want to spend time in, revert to visible?
View attachment 92429

Exactly and it can allow you to login to your account, read PMs etc without other models seeing and causing problems about it, or you feel bad etc lol
Their really are a lot of positives to being invisible. Personally, I will always "announce" myself to a model I know/like/follow/regular who chats to me, and only if she wants/prefers me to show as visible, I will do it, otherwise, I will choose to stay invisible. Sometimes it can be for the sake of not to "scaring" away the other users. Some guys get really weird if they see you in the model's room often - jealous, or whatever you wanna call it, I don't know.

I only want to buy this feature to be honest, @Charlie_SC please allow us to only buy the "invisible option" by itself each month

I'd be surprised if they'd break that out. Invisible is the main selling point for the package. I was grandfathered into "Ultimate" or whatever they call it now but that's the only reason that I ever bought it when I did. Uninvited PMs I never use. Not sure what else even comes with it.

I'd be surprised if they'd break that out. Invisible is the main selling point for the package. I was grandfathered into "Ultimate" or whatever they call it now but that's the only reason that I ever bought it when I did. Uninvited PMs I never use. Not sure what else even comes with it.

I think a lot do it for the PM though, in fact I am confident they do.
The other selling points that I think of (maybe there are other ones), are:

Invisible Mode
PMing
Become a Knight
Emoticons

I would say they are all of the equal value because of how much ultimate users seem to love each one of those. They usually overuse emoticons, in fact, so many don't even write, they just do emoticons.
They always want to PM a model, "pm me" or "add me as a friend" so they can, so that is definitely a big one for this.
And we all know how much guys love to become a knight.

The other selling points that I think of (maybe there are other ones), are:

Invisible Mode
PMing
Become a Knight
Emoticons
Yeah that's it as far as I remember.

I would say they are all of the equal value because of how much ultimate users seem to love each one of those. They usually overuse emoticons, in fact, so many don't even write, they just do emoticons.
Hey, I'm Australian. With my sense of humour I would be banned without the ability to add a wink or a laugh etc to most of my messages ;) :rofl:

I would personally love to be able to purchase the "invisible" mode by itself. I am not bothered by starting PMs, nor by Emojis, or "standing" out for models with the star.. but I would really love being able to buy that ONE perk by itself - either for a month, a few months, or even annually. @Charlie_SC not sure if that could be possible?

@bbbbadddd got it ;)

I'd be surprised if they'd break that out. Invisible is the main selling point for the package.

I'm thinking the same, but logically it makes little sense based on how SC works now. If you're a mid- or higher level user you will very often get a random "welcome" PM from the model, and if you don't it's often because the model wants tokens for PMs and you shouldn't send her unsolicited PMs anyway.

I honestly can't remember the last time I initiated a PM session with a model. Whatever I need to say in a PM like that can just as easily be said in the public chat.

Yeah, I get more PMs than I want as it is. Again, one of the benefits of invisible is avoiding that. Can always turn it off when you want or talk in the clear.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
If I have a fan club membership and can spy on private chats for free, does the model know if I am there, even in Invisible Mode?

Twice today I entered rooms in invisible mode and immediately got a PM from the model saying hello. In one case we had PM'd a few days ago. In the other case it was a model I never visited before. In the second case, I ignored her PM and then she sent another one saying "I guess you don't want to play?"

Is there a glitch in invisible mode? This has never happened before and suddenly twice today in the last hour. How did they know I was there? @Charlie_SC

OK it just happened again - twice more. I appear in the user list as "Ultimate users: 1 (1 <spy icon>)" So it looks like I should be invisible, but I am very obviously not.

Twice today I entered rooms in invisible mode and immediately got a PM from the model saying hello. In one case we had PM'd a few days ago. In the other case it was a model I never visited before. In the second case, I ignored her PM and then she sent another one saying "I guess you don't want to play?"

Is there a glitch in invisible mode? This has never happened before and suddenly twice today in the last hour. How did they know I was there? @Charlie_SC

Did you read the PM or mark PMs as read? If so then this is how she knows you saw the PMs, so put 2 and 2 together - remember messages get 1 tick unread,2 ticks read. This is my guess.

Yes I read them, but how did they know to PM me in the first place? They aren't supposed to know I'm there. It has happened about 5 more times now, so it can't be coincidence.
I just logged off and back on. I'll see if that fixes it. It's really not a big deal, it just took me by surprise.

Yes I read them, but how did they know to PM me in the first place? They aren't supposed to know I'm there. It has happened about 5 more times now, so it can't be coincidence.
I just logged off and back on. I'll see if that fixes it. It's really not a big deal, it just took me by surprise.

It was possibly just an educated guess. If you usually go on and see them at a specific kind of time, they may have randomly PMed you, then you read the message and it "confirmed" the guess.
Or of course, there could be a bug and the green dot shows to the model to show you're online. I think it's the former though

If I have a fan club membership and can spy on private chats for free, does the model know if I am there, even in Invisible Mode?
I would like to know this also with regards to Stripchat, @Charlie_SC @xChloe, can you shed some light and clarification please? Or can a model enlighten us?

I am sure that I was once told that models can see which users are spying.

1) Is this true (Models cans see which users are spying)?
2) Does this include invisible users?
3) Does this include Fanclub members who spy for free?
4) How about 2 & 3 combined ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.