AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice on Contests?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
Hi everyone! I've been a cam girl for six years now and I finally gave streamate a shot, and I LOVE IT! I have been on for about a week now and I'm seeing some talk about "contests." I did my own research on them, but was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to navigate them? Is it hard for people to win? Any general advice or opinions are super appreciated thank you!

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I think for most performers, it's more hours for about the same or less money. Lots of experienced high earners seem to return just for contest weeks, and blow it out of the water! It's really impressive to watch some of them hustle during contests, I really admire them. Also during these times, it feels like the clientele shifts a bit because they are seeing lots of deals for low low prices, as many online performers are trying to get every last $ for their contest rank.

If you are already among the top earners, you may see this as a negative to a lesser extent than those who are already struggling to make what they need. I think contest periods make the extremes of earnings skew even further apart while they are going on (like all platform contests?). So I would go into it with the intent to log as many hours as I reasonably can, with the expectation that I either have to hustle a bit harder or accept a slightly reduced hourly rate. Lots of variation in prize amounts/distribution between all the different contests, but like many contests, the prize money isn't the biggest prize. It's the exposure and earnings you had to get there that really matter.

My favorites are the bonus periods, where we make an extra % over the usual cut. That feels so nice.

I am not sure how to answer whether or not it is hard to win #1, or top 10, of course you know it's work to be in the top so I will try to answer just about my experiences with what ranks I have seen. Top 100 is what I know is achievable for me because I have seen myself there, though I usually won't put hours in over what I normally work and more likely end up in 200-300s. I typically don't put a ton of hours in on live cam. I have never dedicated the time and effort to get stay in the higher ranks. I'm the kind of person who could maybe do that once, but then take two weeks off after to recover, so it's not realistically a great business model for me. 😅

Upvote 0
Hi everyone! I've been a cam girl for six years now and I finally gave streamate a shot, and I LOVE IT! I have been on for about a week now and I'm seeing some talk about "contests." I did my own research on them, but was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to navigate them? Is it hard for people to win? Any general advice or opinions are super appreciated thank you!
Contests to me are shady. Their primary purpose is to get lots of models on the site and to keep them invested in staying on as much as possible during times when the site is slow and glitches are unusually prevalent (there's a theory contests are held during site maintenance, though SM has never confirmed or denied this).

So it's basically dopamine manipulation by offering what is essentially intermittent rewards in the form of prizes and leaderboards. It's a form of psychological manipulation and I don't like letting SM do that to me. A lot of other models feel similarly or hate dealing with the stress and instead opt to either work normal hours or avoid the site all together to film content or work on their other business ventures.

The ones on major holidays can be really good though, and I like working those because there's usually nothing wrong with the site and there's lots of people wanting to unwind after spending all day with their families.

Upvote 1
Status
Not open for further replies.