AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The new ACF is here!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this forums option to press Shift or Ctrl and select multiple pictures to upload at the same time instead of one at a time like the old one. Much faster to do multiple pictures in a post now.

:joyful:

I like this forums option to press Shift or Ctrl and select multiple pictures to upload at the same time instead of one at a time like the old one. Much faster to do multiple pictures in a post now.

:joyful:
Yep, I uploaded all of those albums/images yesterday in a matter of minutes. SO much easier than phpBB.

OH by the way... if you use attachments in a post, you can go to the full reply window (the More Options... button) and add them inline in the box below the text field!

I just discovered an awesome feature of this new forum. When a post has another post quoted in it I see it puts an up arrow that is clickable to go to the quoted post. SO NICE! It was hard to find the full quoted post sometimes on the old forum if it was more than a few posts or pages back.

I noticed it doesn't show up on the posts that migrated from the old forum, only on new posts created with quoting in them. So it will work from here on out.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 6_23_2015 , 10_26_39 PM.png
    Screenshot - 6_23_2015 , 10_26_39 PM.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 12
I'm still getting the hang of this new layout, but I haven't figured out how to link directly to one particular post.

Also, when someone quotes something (whether from another post or an outside text), it goes gray and invisible in the quote box. Is there a way to open that to make it bigger? This post , for example (models only) will show what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
I'm still getting the hang of this new layout, but I haven't figured out how to link directly to one particular post.

Also, when someone quotes something (whether from another post or an outside text), it goes gray and invisible in the quote box. Is there a way to open that to make it bigger? https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/camgirl-chopped.21191/#post-634355 This post, for example (models only) will show what I'm talking about.

(Oh, and is there a way to do the text here type of thing anymore?

For long quotes that gray out after a few lines (if that's what you mean) you should just be able to click on the quoted part and it will pop down the rest of the quote and not make it gray anymore. Your quote in this reply should be an example if I'm right. I just noticed ONLY the bottom grayed out portion of the quoted area is clickable though. So if you're clicking the top part of it that won't do anything.

Okay, that was a good question. I hadn't thought about that. Turns out what you can do is go to ANY post on the forum and hit the QUOTE button for that post. It will add that post to the "Multi-Quote" area. (see the attached pic) Do this as many times with as many posts as you want. Then go to the area where you want to reply, new thread all together even. And where you are going to reply you'll see "Insert Quotes" under the area where you type your new post. It will insert all the threads you hit Quote on. Following are examples from multiple threads.

And notice it put an up arrow on each of them to go directly to those posts in those threads (all different threads). So cool!

That's for quoting. Now as for an actual LINK so you can tweet it or post it outside the forum. Just click on the number in the lower right corner of each post. This is #69 post in this thread. Click that number and up pops a box with links for posting where you want. Or i suppose you could post the link in a new post here on the forum too.

So this is something I never used to be able to do but am personally getting good at and kind of enjoy.
A man is driving down the road and breaks down near a monastery....
He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door, and says,
*I've decided to put this in the TV and Movies instead of the Music and Videos section because in the end it seemed like a better fit*
I'm SO sad to hear about his passing. I've loved his movie scores forever! It's a HUGE loss of

Attachments

• Screenshot - 6_23_2015 , 10_54_32 PM.png
    Screenshot - 6_23_2015 , 10_54_32 PM.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Is there are perma-link to the Recent Posts page? I had the old one bookmarked on my phone but every time I try to do it with the new forum, it seems to be just for that session, if that makes sense?

(and omg just noticed the Cyborg emoticon!!!! :borg: BOOYA)

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Is there are perma-link to the Recent Posts page? I had the old one bookmarked on my phone but every time I try to do it with the new forum, it seems to be just for that session, if that makes sense?

What I did is instead of copying the link that shows up in the address bar after hitting New Posts, I right clicked on New Posts itself and copied the url there. That gave me a link without the thread numbers in it. Should always give you the latest posts that way.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/find-new/posts

See if that works better for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 6_24_2015 , 12_12_55 AM.png
    Screenshot - 6_24_2015 , 12_12_55 AM.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 15
As far as quoting goes, highlight something in a person's post, you'll see an option to quote it. (It'll add it to your multi-quotes, which you can then post into the reply text window.)

Sorry if anyone already said that. My coffee hasn't been ingested yet.

Did our bookmarks from the old site transfer over? I had quite a few especially helpful posts bookmarked that were notoriously difficult to find, mostly due to weird naming and such.

I totally understand that not everything could come over, and you already did SO MUCH work to save and bring over what you did, so no worries if they're gone!

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Did our bookmarks from the old site transfer over? I had quite a few especially helpful posts bookmarked that were notoriously difficult to find, mostly due to weird naming and such.

I totally understand that not everything could come over, and you already did SO MUCH work to save and bring over what you did, so no worries if they're gone!
Any links I saved still work, so hopefully yours do too.

Any links I saved still work, so hopefully yours do too.
Awesome, hooray! Thank you!

I'm having trouble finding them! I looked in the "Watched Threads" section (seems to be the most similar to the old bookmarks section), but is there somewhere else that they might be?

Awesome, hooray! Thank you!

I'm having trouble finding them! I looked in the "Watched Threads" section (seems to be the most similar to the old bookmarks section), but is there somewhere else that they might be?
OH shit, um, I didn't even know the last board had a bookmarks thing, I was talking about in my browser bookmark folder I saved links to certain threads to find em later.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KayleePond
OH shit, um, I didn't even know the last board had a bookmarks thing, I was talking about in my browser bookmark folder I saved links to certain threads to find em later.
Haha EEP!! It was a great feature, each thread had a "bookmark topic" button so I could just go into that folder to find the hard to get stuff. No worries though!! It's totally understandable for them not to move over, you already did SO, SO much!

This is just a good reason for me to start learning the ins and outs of the new search feature and put it to good use re-gathering my favorites! ;)

I need to learn it anyway so that I can update the Search thread!:D

Last edited:
This is just a good reason for me to start learning the ins and outs of the new search feature and put it to good use re-gathering my favorites! ;)

So far I think the new search is much better over the old. It can handle 3 letter words and punctuation.

For example, the old one if you were searching for WTF and someone had made the thread titled WTF? or "WTF" or WTF. (that period at the end of a sentence) that punctuation would rule those out of the results. I used a three letter word there, but it could be any word with punctuation attached to the word. So you already had to know exactly how some words were entered in order to find them. And the word FAY (being 3 letters) would never give any results for Fay Galore who is a model on the site and has posted many times. One time to find a post I MADE referencing Fay I had to google it to find it on the old forum. It was very annoying. Happy to say the new site handles searches way better.

I can't seem to figure this one thing out... Is there no longer a "your posts" section? On the old one it was right beside new posts and it would show which of the threads you posted in and if they had responses.
I is searching but can not finds :bag:

I realized last night that feature may not be as needed now. It's sort of integrated in new posts now. It seems when you click on new posts this forum highlights all the threads you've posted in. So it's fairly easy to scan just for those among the new posts.

Look for your avatar superimposed over the thread creators avatar in the list of new posts. Those are threads you've commented in.

In the attached picture, I've posted in the Word Game and Camgirl Pleads Guilty threads, none of the others there.

This 'may' only apply to threads you've posted in since the forum change. I don't know if it will recognize those carried over from the old forum.

Edit: in fact I'm fairly certain it only pertains to threads you've posted in since the changeover. I just remembered I had posted in one of those threads on the old forum and it didn't have my avatar on it here.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 6_24_2015 , 11_38_07 AM.png
    Screenshot - 6_24_2015 , 11_38_07 AM.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Cool new layout !
One question.. is there an option to change the overall site text to black or something darker than the light gray? Its really difficult to read on such a bright background.

Cool new layout !
One question.. is there an option to change the overall site text to black or something darker than the light gray? Its really difficult to read on such a bright background.
We just made it ever so slightly darker. Any better?

Reactions: KayleePond
I realized last night that feature may not be as needed now. It's sort of integrated in new posts now. It seems when you click on new posts this forum highlights all the threads you've posted in. So it's fairly easy to scan just for those among the new posts.

Look for your avatar superimposed over the thread creators avatar in the list of new posts. Those are threads you've commented in.

In the attached picture, I've posted in the Word Game and Camgirl Pleads Guilty threads, none of the others there.

This 'may' only apply to threads you've posted in since the forum change. I don't know if it will recognize those carried over from the old forum.

Edit: in fact I'm fairly certain it only pertains to threads you've posted in since the changeover. I just remembered I had posted in one of those threads on the old forum and it didn't have my avatar on it here.
Also, if you look under your screen name (in the top banner) and click on "your content" it shows your posts.

Also, if you look under your screen name (in the top banner) and click on "your content" it shows your posts.
Yes, it shows your posts. What KatVonnegut was wanting [i think] though was 'New Posts' by anyone where we had also written a post in that thread.

The "Your Content" is every post you made, but it doesn't show just new posts where you've posted in the thread. Threads with no new posts still show up there as long as you have created a post in them because it's just a list of your posts.

By looking for your avatar under the new posts section you can delimit which new posts you also have contributed to in that thread. On the old forum the 'your posts' link did that as well, it was all new posts that you had written in the thread.

Reactions: eclipse76
Yes, it shows your posts. What KatVonnegut was wanting [i think] though was 'New Posts' by anyone where we had also written a post in that thread.

The "Your Content" is every post you made, but it doesn't show just new posts where you've posted in the thread. Threads with no new posts still show up there as long as you have created a post in them because it's just a list of your posts.

By looking for your avatar under the new posts section you can delimit which new posts you also have contributed to in that thread. On the old forum the 'your posts' link did that as well, it was all new posts that you had written in the thread.
I think I mentioned before, too, that if you have your preferences set to "automatically watch" when you create or reply to a topic, it'll show in your "watched threads" section, which behaves very similarly to the old "your posts" page.

Is there a way to navigate forums from the bottom of a thread? Especially long threads, you get to the bottom, then have to scroll all the way back up to navigate to another forum or thread. Are there any keyboard shortcuts somewhere?

Also, is there a single click (or keyboard shortcut) option to mark the current forum as "read". There is an option to mark forums read, but it brings up a dialog where you have to click again to pick this one or all.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Is there a way to navigate forums from the bottom of a thread? Especially long threads, you get to the bottom, then have to scroll all the way back up to navigate to another forum or thread. Are there any keyboard shortcuts somewhere?

there's a little arrow thingy mabobber that pops up around the bottom right corner that does a rapid scroll to the top

Status
Not open for further replies.