AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CamRedeem Update (including some new changes)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. CamRedeem was recommended to me by a member a long time ago and it's all I've used. I log in today and all my files are gone! Does this have anything to do with the site being down and is there a way I can get them back? When I clicked on the contact button on the site, nothing happened :/

Avalyn_ said:
So.. CamRedeem was recommended to me by a member a long time ago and it's all I've used. I log in today and all my files are gone! Does this have anything to do with the site being down and is there a way I can get them back? When I clicked on the contact button on the site, nothing happened :/

Yeah same happened with me but I dunno where to go to contact CamRedeem other than here? I'm pretty sure I couldnt see a contact us or FAQ button on their site. :think:

lilypad_ said:
Avalyn_ said:

Yeah same happened with me but I dunno where to go to contact CamRedeem other than here? I'm pretty sure I couldnt see a contact us or FAQ button on their site. :think:

camredeem [at] gmail [dot] com
https://twitter.com/CamRedeem

I just went to go try for fun, couldn't log in either. Tweeted them for the hell of it, for two reasons.

1 - Cause I'm too lazy to bother to contact them via email and don't care THAT much.
2 - They seem to only ever use their Twitter account to inform of website issues periodically, I'm curious if it's still even active/if I'll get a reply back.

;)

KyraFortune said:
I just went to go try for fun, couldn't log in either. Tweeted them for the hell of it, for two reasons.

1 - Cause I'm too lazy to bother to contact them via email and don't care THAT much.
2 - They seem to only ever use their Twitter account to inform of website issues periodically, I'm curious if it's still even active/if I'll get a reply back.

;)

It was fine last Friday. Grrrrr!

I've started moving all my videos to other sites. It sucks and I love Camredeem but with the lack of communication & the intermittent downtime, it's just not reliable enough. I'm really sad because I like it a lot as a site!

Hooray! I can log in. That's a start although a couple of days ago I could do that but not upload. I'll try now...

It's working :)

I almost wish the guys there would start charging as then the service may be more reliable.

Down again for me so I'll be finding a new video host because this one is unreliable and seems to have been abandoned. Such a pity because it really is the best designed and easiest to use. Anyone up for making them and offer and buying them out? I know a lot of cam girls are willing to pay for a service like this that works

@RebeccaT I've been using mediafire one time downloads for about a month and today they seemed to stop working. Is it working fine for you? Idk why all my links have failed today.

NicoleRiley said:
@RebeccaT I've been using mediafire one time downloads for about a month and today they seemed to stop working. Is it working fine for you? Idk why all my links have failed today.

I haven't actually tried it yet but I'll test it later and let you know.

But jeez...why is nothing ever totally reliable?!

Reactions: NicoleRiley
RebeccaT said:
Now that mediafire has a one-time only link function I'll stick that and use innocuous file names.

I love camredeem and wanted those guys to succeed with it. Ah well...

I need a reliable video source so I can hand out videos during my show. It's VERY important that I be able to do this at the moment someone wins a video.

Camredeem is down, and I've ported my videos to manyvids. I don't like the commercial aspect of the website but it's a nice interface and I have no other options at the moment. I would have happily paid a monthly subscription if it meant reliability.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've tested the once-only link on Mediafire (with my husband) and it's fine so long as the file is not private.

The link took my husband to one file only so any others which are not private cannot be seen.

Reactions: NicoleRiley
RebeccaT said:
I've tested the once-only link on Mediafire (with my husband) and it's fine so long as the file is not private.

The link took my husband to one file only so any others which are not private cannot be seen.

Thanks for the update! It used to work when the file was set to private and I feel uncomfortable leaving my videos public.

Looks like Project Maenad is going to be my new video site then. I'm now regretting upgrading to Mediafire Pro, oh well.

Reactions: RebeccaT
Does anyone know if Camredeem shows the same message for expired links and claimed links?

Like when it's claimed and you enter the code it says:

This code has already been used, and can no longer be redeemed.

Is that the same message if it's expired (and unclaimed), or does it not include "this code has already been used"? :think:

Hello Ive been having problems logging in. And have emailed support and have been days without an answer. Will you be fixing this problem soon?

Reactions: Rylee
Cam Redeem is not working anymore and I only use manyvids.com now.

NoelleBright said:
Yup. It's been over a week since I've last been able to use it.
I FINALLY committed to putting my videos elsewhere. It's a real shame because this was definitely my favorite site to host my videos and I would have happily paid for it.
Same..

RubyDimples said:
Cam Redeem is not working anymore and I only use manyvids.com now.
Yeah, I'm in the process of setting one up! ;w;

Just incase anyone was wondering, or was still wanting to use camredeem, this is on their front page right now:

We are sad to report that CamRedeem is shutting down indefinitely for public use. We suffered a catastrophic hardware failure that resulted in the loss of all uploaded files as well as our database. Despite having spent dozens of hours over the past week trying to recover the data we have had no success. Given that we weren't charging, we were unable to afford to maintain backups of the 3TB of model file data in addition to our hosting costs.

We could relaunch the site right now, let everyone sign back up, re-upload their files, and start over. However, we don't want to put ourselves, and more importantly, our users back at the same risk we were at before (lots of data without true backups). With that in mind, we have decided to shut down the public facing website, and work on finishing it behind closed doors. We hope to relaunch in a month or two with a 100% finished website. All users from the beta period will be given an extended free trial of the new site.

We hope to be back soon and better than ever.

Our deepest apologies,

The CamRedeem Staff

It's not the next best but better.. Project Maenad. Definitely check it out

yes yes yes. Its brilliant!

i will most definitely check it out ! :) are you US based though ? because i am in australia and i find it hard to find anything that works well internationally or just in australia.
these forum is amazing and oh so helpful btw AmberCutie major props to you chick :)
:h:
[EDIT] i just signed up and checked everything out, seems great and they said they are not shutting down anytime soon so yay !.

Last edited:
It works fine internationally. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.