AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CamRedeem Update (including some new changes)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey CamRedeem, I took a break from selling videos so hadnt logged into my camredeem for about a month or two. I have logged on now because someone has bought a video and all my content has been deleted.

Is there a way to get it back please? You sites doesnt have a FAQ that i could see so just checking with you guys now. I dont remember reading somewhere that if i was inactive for a couple of months all my content would be removed?

:)

lilypad_ said:
Hey CamRedeem, I took a break from selling videos so hadnt logged into my camredeem for about a month or two. I have logged on now because someone has bought a video and all my content has been deleted.

Is there a way to get it back please? You sites doesnt have a FAQ that i could see so just checking with you guys now. I dont remember reading somewhere that if i was inactive for a couple of months all my content would be removed?

Manyvids actually launched a redeem feature all in one this week. Ive been using it and its amazing. I already uploaded my vids on Manyvids.com for sale, so whats cool is I dont have to re upload again to another site. I sell all my vids on manyvids, and If someone tips me on MFC or Chaturbate, I create a MV link on manyvids and just give him that link. Its freaking simple as that...
I even attached screenshots. Camredeem.com is fine, but to be honest, its been in BETA for like 3 years, and not much support on it... On top of that, you have to reupload all your vids there, which is annoying. I prefer to upload all my vids on manyvids, sell them there AND create redeemable links for people who tip me instead of buying directly on manyvids.
PS: they also added a block preview feature, so lets say your new vid you dont want to make 9 second preview, you dont have to!

byyFnyR.jpg

4g46F6N.jpg

Reactions: Gen and LilyEvans
exclusivebabi said:
lilypad_ said:

Manyvids actually launched a redeem feature all in one this week. Ive been using it and its amazing. I already uploaded my vids on Manyvids.com for sale, so whats cool is I dont have to re upload again to another site. I sell all my vids on manyvids, and If someone tips me on MFC or Chaturbate, I create a MV link on manyvids and just give him that link. Its freaking simple as that...
I even attached screenshots. Camredeem.com is fine, but to be honest, its been in BETA for like 3 years, and not much support on it... On top of that, you have to reupload all your vids there, which is annoying. I prefer to upload all my vids on manyvids, sell them there AND create redeemable links for people who tip me instead of buying directly on manyvids.
PS: they also added a block preview feature, so lets say your new vid you dont want to make 9 second preview, you dont have to!

byyFnyR.jpg

4g46F6N.jpg

OMG this new feature is AMAZING and I didn't know about it, THANK YOU!

I will definitely keep using Camredeem for now but I agree that I'm hoping to see a little more development!

Reactions: JJasione and Gen
That is so cool they do that on ManyVids!

I'm sad CamRedeem never picked up, they have such a cool concept and I'd be happy to pay for it but they disappear and are hard to get a hold of, it's a bummer!

GenXoxo said:
That is so cool they do that on ManyVids!

I'm sad CamRedeem never picked up, they have such a cool concept and I'd be happy to pay for it but they disappear and are hard to get a hold of, it's a bummer!

well that's the thing everything Camredeem offers manyvids also do the same except they have a storefront so you can actually also sell the vids too on their site AND also generate links!

Please be respectful of the fact that this is a CamRedeem thread and keep your advertisements for other sites in their appropriate threads.

is anyone else getting the message "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 8/18/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion." on camredeem? *panics*

Carmita Bonita said:
is anyone else getting the message "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 8/18/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion." on camredeem? *panics*

I'm getting a blank page.

This really sucks, they had a great idea and seemed nice. I would have happily subscribed for a finished product. But leaving everyone hanging and having the site just disappear without warning, lack of twitter updates, etc is just totally not awesome :(

Jessi said:
Carmita Bonita said:

This really sucks, they had a great idea and seemed nice. I would have happily subscribed for a finished product. But leaving everyone hanging and having the site just disappear without warning, lack of twitter updates, etc is just totally not awesome :(

I don't use CamRedeem anymore, but I remember the EXACT same thing happening last year. I ended up e-mailing them and asking if the site was going to be back up/letting them know the domain expired and they got it back up. Something about not realizing it had expired... That was also when I switched to using a different service, because the guys who tipped for my videos were not happy that they couldn't access their vids.

It's a great idea/site, and I love some aspects of their service (the batch codes in particular.) But the overall sense of unprofessionalism and lack of updates makes me leery of ever using them again.

Damn it.. this sucks so much. I now need to re-up all my videos onto some other site before I log on this afternoon.

I don't even know what to use now because I loved CR so much. I would have been willing to pay too..

This stresses me out >_< I had so much content on there gahh hopefully it goes back up and we get some sort of explanation...not cool. I sent out links recently too -_-

I have been using mediafire for my most recent videos, and I think I'll put up all my other videos on it too. Passworded zips with inconspicuous names, so hopefully they won't be deleted.
The "one time download link" on mediafire DOES work right? RIGHT?! I hope I havent been blindly sending out unprotected links that people can share around :woops:

GemmaMoore said:
Jessi said:
Carmita Bonita said:

I don't use CamRedeem anymore, but I remember the EXACT same thing happening last year. I ended up e-mailing them and asking if the site was going to be back up/letting them know the domain expired and they got it back up. Something about not realizing it had expired... That was also when I switched to using a different service, because the guys who tipped for my videos were not happy that they couldn't access their vids.

It's a great idea/site, and I love some aspects of their service (the batch codes in particular.) But the overall sense of unprofessionalism and lack of updates makes me leery of ever using them again.
Who would have ever saw this coming. :think:

Urgh, I JUST sent out codes to my crew members yesterday!!!

I agree, loved the idea of CR, but they are too wishy washy for me. I can't afford to have the service just disappear, even if it's only for a few days or so. I need a service that is dependable, and routinely updated/maintained like it's their job because camming IS my job. And since I learned this has happened before, it will take a lot for me to trust/use their service again.

Whelp...on to research other sites to use.

Reactions: Gen
I liked CamRedeem because it didn't have a shop front. It was just the place guys went to to download a specific video or bundle.

Ah well...searching on Google again!

Reactions: DudeExtreme
It seems so funny that people are constantly trying to find ways to profit off of camgirls, then someone makes a service we are all willing to pay for and they disappear. What a bummer.

GenXoxo said:
It seems so funny that people are constantly trying to find ways to profit off of camgirls, then someone makes a service we are all willing to pay for and they disappear. What a bummer.

As I member I really liked it also. Well I guess it is back to squinting at captcha, and messing with passwords on mediafire.

HiGirlsRHot said:
GenXoxo said:

As I member I really liked it also. Well I guess it is back to squinting at captcha, and messing with passwords on mediafire.

Apparently MF has the option to generate 1-time use links. So I took all the passwords off my videos that were previously on there, took the option to share the main link away, and then you can create links that you can set to expire after 'x' amount of time.

I'm sticking with Mediafire for now.

GenXoxo said:

Exactly! If they were serious/more professional about keeping up their service, they could make a good income! I would've been happy to pay a small monthly fee, even a larger fee if they updated/added features.

NicoleRiley said:
Apparently MF has the option to generate 1-time use links. So I took all the passwords off my videos that were previously on there, took the option to share the main link away, and then you can create links that you can set to expire after 'x' amount of time.

Are they adult content friendly?

Reactions: Gen
ClassyCara said:
GenXoxo said:

Exactly! If they were serious/more professional about keeping up their service, they could make a good income! I would've been happy to pay a small monthly fee, even a larger fee if they updated/added features.

NicoleRiley said:

No, unless they've recently changed things. We just aren't given too many options for adult friendly sites so I'm going back to MF for now and changing all the file names to something generic sounding.

ClassyCara said:
GenXoxo said:

NicoleRiley said:

As was explained earlier on the thread, CamRedeem was never intended as more than a side business.

No Mediafire isn't adult friendly. Adult content is prohibited in their terms of service. That said their enforcement policy is only a little more rigorously enforced than MFC's rules on say no public cumshows. :D

They will remove content that is flagged, and sometimes remove all of a girls content. Also a year or so they went on a anti smut campaign and took down a lot of camgirl videos. So if you
sell a video, and the member says they can't download it, don't automatically assume the member is an idiot. I had several situations where the model could download a file (probably some cache related issue) but I and other members couldn't. Changing names won't necessarily help because they rely on a mathematical formula to identify identical files. Dropbox and Google drive are also reasonable alternatives.

Reactions: LadyLuna
exclusivebabi said:
lilypad_ said:

byyFnyR.jpg

4g46F6N.jpg

This is what I was trying to explain..I uploaded so much content on camredeem for them to shut down. Then manyvids.com offered this MVlinks functionlaity and was so happy!

exclusivebabi said:
exclusivebabi said:
lilypad_ said:

byyFnyR.jpg

4g46F6N.jpg

This is what I was trying to explain..I uploaded so much content on camredeem for them to shut down. Then manyvids.com offered this MVlinks functionlaity and was so happy!

Maybe make a new topic for manyvids?

What a bummer about Cam Redeem!

Guess my account on ManyVids is where I upload my content!

Glad it came back up, now I don't have to make new links for my entire crew!! I think I will still use MV for the most part since they increased the file size limit and made each credit/link much cheaper for the model. Just keep CR for the bundles, promo codes, and maybe when members tip in my room for them.

I have plans to make LOTS more content and the 20gb limit will be all used up soon! Before I would only have my vids available for a limited time, but why limit my fans enjoyment if I don't have to? They can even get my videos while I'm offline without having for me to check my messages and send the link. Plus the added exposure on MV is nice.

I just can't risk the site going down again, and the lack of updates. Good back up though!

Status
Not open for further replies.