AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMsBlack

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 26, 2015
Canada
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@LittleMsBlack_
Tumblr Username
LittleMsBlack
MFC Username
LittleMsBlack
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/343656/LittleMsBlack/
Hi, so I'm new to this forum (and camming in general) so please bare with me lol. Anyways, I have a few photosets of screenshots floating around that I'd like to take down on at least a couple websites. Here's what's specified as the credentials for filing a DMCA report on these websites:

If you believe that copyright infringement or intellectual property rights have been violated, please provide the following information:

an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
a description or url where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
your current contact information, including telephone number, and email address;
Your statement and good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
Your statement made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.

Please do not send any other notices or communications to the Designated Agent, who is appointed solely for the purposes of receiving notices of copyright claims under the DMCA.

It then has a title and a content section to fill out a DMCA report to have your images taken down. So anyways I was just wondering if anyone could help me and I'm sure this would be useful to other models on here by giving somewhat of a template to fill out this kind of DMCA report as I'm not sure the proper format to do so and have it be accepted, it would be extremely appreciated and thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this post.

Be careful sending DMCA reports with your personal information in them, that information will be shared with other people. If you can go through a third party to shield yourself it might be a good idea.

As your an MFC model. MFC have a free (and mostly effective) solution: http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/DMCA_Information_for_Models

Sending DMCA Notices
You are entitled to send a DMCA notice to any website that is illegally posting your content to try to have it removed.
There are a number of companies that can send a DMCA notice on your behalf and they usually charge a small fee for each DMCA notice or a flat monthly fee.
MFC has contracted one such company, Guardlex, to assist you with sending DMCA notices free of charge to you. Simply go to the DMCA section of your Model Admin page and follow the instructions or Contact Model Support if you have any questions.

Hi, thanks for the replies. I don't plan to pay money to do this, going through a third party is an option though. Also, I planned to use my stage name for this DMCA report, would that be alright? I'm also alright using my email address as I made a separate one for camming.

Hi, thanks for the replies. I don't plan to pay money to do this, going through a third party is an option though. Also, I planned to use my stage name for this DMCA report, would that be alright? I'm also alright using my email address as I made a separate one for camming.

STOP! The advice that Puffin gave you should be sufficient. You are an MFC model. MFC employs a 3rd party company to send the DMCA for you. ALWAYS use that option first because A) you don't have to give out ANY information about yourself to other people/sites, and B) you don't have to worry about it anymore.

The only time you should ever send a DMCA report yourself is if it's content from another camsite (or videos that you made to sell separately). However, I think that since MFC has hired Guardlex now, those might also be able to be removed.

Edit to add: this is a COMPLETELY FREE SERVICE. You can use it FOR FREE. So utilize it while it's available!

Unfortunately, I have no had any luck with MFC getting any content taken down. There's no follow up or anything. I have decided to use the company: "Cam Model Protection" and they do charge a monthly fee. For me, it's worth it and important to manage the content that's out there of me. However, it's also important to note that having content up doesn't have to be a bad thing and can be considered good advertisement especially if you water mark your content. Best of luck! :)

Reactions: DrWangFei
STOP! The advice that Puffin gave you should be sufficient. You are an MFC model. MFC employs a 3rd party company to send the DMCA for you. ALWAYS use that option first because A) you don't have to give out ANY information about yourself to other people/sites, and B) you don't have to worry about it anymore.

The only time you should ever send a DMCA report yourself is if it's content from another camsite (or videos that you made to sell separately). However, I think that since MFC has hired Guardlex now, those might also be able to be removed.

Edit to add: this is a COMPLETELY FREE SERVICE. You can use it FOR FREE. So utilize it while it's available!

Hey, thanks :3. I will most definitely try doing this first then. I think I remember hearing somewhere that MFC just wasn't very useful with the whole DMCA report thing so I wasn't sure if they would be very helpful with it or not, I don't remember entirely where I heard this but I'm sure they've since gotten better with filing DMCA reports for models.

Hey, thanks :3. I will most definitely try doing this first then. I think I remember hearing somewhere that MFC just wasn't very useful with the whole DMCA report thing so I wasn't sure if they would be very helpful with it or not, I don't remember entirely where I heard this but I'm sure they've since gotten better with filing DMCA reports for models.

I've had quite a bit of good luck with MFC being able to remove my content in the past 4 years. However, some sites don't comply with the DMCA (like anon... and others), so here's what I do. They (MFC and Guardlex) don't send any feedback or follow up with you, so it's up to you to keep track. I keep a bookmark folder in my browser, and add every url that needs to be removed. Once I initially send the links to MFC through their DMCA feature, I periodically check to see which have been removed. If it has been deleted, you'll see either a 404 error, a "video/content has been removed" notice, or sometimes just a "content can not be found/does not exist" message when you try to view it. I know then that those were removed successfully, so I delete the bookmark.

Every few months, I go back through the list and re-submit the links that are still active to MFC along with any new ones. I'm pretty sure they would frown upon this practice, so I don't TELL them that I'm resubmitting. I just add it in to the list of new links. Some videos/caps have taken upwards of 3-6 months to finally get taken down, but almost all of them do comply eventually. There are very few that are still up after years. There's no rhyme or reason to which ones will be removed or when, so you just have to keep trying.

If you do hire an outside company for pay (like CamModelProtection), just be aware that even THEY might not be able to get everything removed. However, since you're paying them, they might be more persistent/threatening to the offending site admins, so it might be more likely that they can. I don't know, as I've never hired one. To me, it seems like a waste since they can't guarantee the removal of content. But if you do decide to hire one, be sure to do your research on the company first. Make sure that other models (many and some that you know are actual humans) have used the service before. It would be such an easy way to get models' information (and their money!) to just create an online company pretending to do DMCAs. As an aside: I know many real models do/have used CamModelProtection, so that one, at least, is legit.

I've had quite a bit of good luck with MFC being able to remove my content in the past 4 years. However, some sites don't comply with the DMCA (like anon... and others), so here's what I do. They (MFC and Guardlex) don't send any feedback or follow up with you, so it's up to you to keep track. I keep a bookmark folder in my browser, and add every url that needs to be removed. Once I initially send the links to MFC through their DMCA feature, I periodically check to see which have been removed. If it has been deleted, you'll see either a 404 error, a "video/content has been removed" notice, or sometimes just a "content can not be found/does not exist" message when you try to view it. I know then that those were removed successfully, so I delete the bookmark.

Every few months, I go back through the list and re-submit the links that are still active to MFC along with any new ones. I'm pretty sure they would frown upon this practice, so I don't TELL them that I'm resubmitting. I just add it in to the list of new links. Some videos/caps have taken upwards of 3-6 months to finally get taken down, but almost all of them do comply eventually. There are very few that are still up after years. There's no rhyme or reason to which ones will be removed or when, so you just have to keep trying.

If you do hire an outside company for pay (like CamModelProtection), just be aware that even THEY might not be able to get everything removed. However, since you're paying them, they might be more persistent/threatening to the offending site admins, so it might be more likely that they can. I don't know, as I've never hired one. To me, it seems like a waste since they can't guarantee the removal of content. But if you do decide to hire one, be sure to do your research on the company first. Make sure that other models (many and some that you know are actual humans) have used the service before. It would be such an easy way to get models' information (and their money!) to just create an online company pretending to do DMCAs. As an aside: I know many real models do/have used CamModelProtection, so that one, at least, is legit.

I'm so happy to hear you had some success using MFC's in-house DCMA! I admit, I didn't wait 6 months for content to be taken down. I waited 2 months and saw no success with anything I submitted, yet new leaked content was being posted daily. I did begin to keep track of all the links of my content (mostly recordings and picture stills from my free shows) however, but they quickly added up to be in the hundreds range... then the thousands range. There's A LOT of links. I found that it took way too much of my time to add the links (usually there's 2 links per show - the actual link to the video file and the picture previews of that file), check on the thousands of existing links I've already reported to MFC to see if they're gone, and then search the web for all of the new content being added on multiple websites. Hours. For me, it was worth it to spend the money to have a company (Cam Model Protection) do all of this for me instead. I make more in one session on MFC than the total fee for this service for the entire month. Content is removed in as little as 24 hours or as long as 2 weeks, in my experience. I have yet to encounter content they were unsuccessful in removing for me, though I'm sure it can happen. I can also write this expense off on my taxes. There is also follow up and I can see the links that I've added, which are pending removal and which have been removed in categories: images, videos, etc. They find and remove content on their own but I do, about twice a month, do my own searches and add any links that were missed. Now, I can use those hours I would have spent managing this completely on my own to have free time to myself or to cam more and make more money.

This is just to give you an idea of what works for me. However, @I_Am_Iris has an awesome system that works for her as well. Other models don't even bother with any of this and use it for advertisement and have found new regulars this way. It's all up to you and what works best for you and your preferences :) Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.