AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Misconceptions regarding where you live

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2013
What do you have people? I ask because not long ago I was talking to this particular girl online and out of nowhere (at least to me it seemed out of nowhere) she blurts out, "You're from the south, aren't you all liberal in terms of sex?" Meaning, she assumed that we're all into incest and are a bunch of pervy sister humpers down here. Totally, 100% untrue. All of it.

First of all I have no sister, therefore there's no sister humping. Secondly, it's cousin-grinding. If you're gonna accuse us of something get it right, ok? Hey, don't judge me; have y'all seen Nicole? She is fucking HAWT!!! But I digress...

What are some misconceptions yup may face about where you live?

liberal in terms of sex
This phrase to me would mean something different than cousin-grinding. Liberal being open minded about sex, sex orientation, etc. And I don't assume the south and bible belt to fit into that ideology.

I live in Florida. We get shit from people constantly...Florida is full of rednecks; Florida people are so stupid they can't even vote right; everybody in Florida is like the "Florida Man" meme; all of Florida is like Disneyland.

Absolutely love John Oliver, but it seems like he has to take at least one shot at Florida on his show every week.

I mean, fuck, it's not like we're Alabama. Or Arizona. Or Mississippi. Or Georgia.

ETA: Alabama made sex toys illegal. That's not some obsolete old law left over from the 1920s. They passed it in 1998.

So yeah, I'm throwing Alabama under the bus.

This phrase to me would mean something different than cousin-grinding. Liberal being open minded about sex, sex orientation, etc. And I don't assume the south and bible belt to fit into that ideology.

Amber, she was specific re: incest; apparently she has a strong fetish about that. And although there are those that are overly righteous concerning sex down here there are also people very open about the topic of sexuality, just like you'll find anywhere.

Gingerhobbit I live in Sweet Home Alabama, believe it or not we do have sex shops here. There's even a place in Mobile that sells used sex toys.

I shit you not, used sex toys.

Ok, eewww...just....eeewwww.

How are they getting around the anti-obscenity enforcement act? Using the medical, educational, scientific etc exemption?

I think it's a travesty that "cousin-grinding" is not in Urban Dictionary yet.

• Funny!
Reactions: Vera and eyeteach
I normally hate watching/sharing YouTube videos but these two are my favourites!

When you go to the States and mention you're Canadian:

And my favourite beer commercial:

As you can see, a very true stereotype of Canadians is that we really, really define ourselves as not-Americans :giggle: And we also love beer.

Misconceptions...we don't all play hockey (though most of us watch it :D), it's not always winter everywhere, we aren't all from Toronto.

How are they getting around the anti-obscenity enforcement act? Using the medical, educational, scientific etc exemption?

Every sex toy I have ever purchased says on the package "Sold as a novelty only. Not intended for internal use." Right under the text about the great g-spot features. That's probably how they get around it, or part of it at least.

One thing I hear about my state is that Iowa can't POSSIBLY have real gangs or crime. Wrong. It's not as bad as other places by a long shot, but we have a lot of people moving here from Chicago to get their kids away from the gangs... And the gangs end up following. We have Crips, Bloods, and Latin Kings here, and, thanks to the intersection of a major north/south interstate with a major east/West one, plenty of drug trafficking, since it's nice and easy to get stuff to numerous parts of the country from here. My town has neighborhoods where mailmen work in pairs and you can't get pizza delivered because it's too dangerous for them.

Misconceptions...we don't all play hockey (though most of us watch it :D), it's not always winter everywhere, we aren't all from Toronto.

You almost had me believing all those things aboot Canada weren't true. But everyone not playing hockey? Ya took your shenanigans too far hey!

To be honest with you I have no idea whatsoever about all of that.

One thing I hear about my state is that Iowa can't POSSIBLY have real gangs or crime. Wrong. It's not as bad as other places by a long shot, but we have a lot of people moving here from Chicago to get their kids away from the gangs... And the gangs end up following. We have Crips, Bloods, and Latin Kings here, and, thanks to the intersection of a major north/south interstate with a major east/West one, plenty of drug trafficking, since it's nice and easy to get stuff to numerous parts of the country from here. My town has neighborhoods where mailmen work in pairs and you can't get pizza delivered because it's too dangerous for them.

My part of the state isn't quite that bad, but yes, gang related crimes all over the place. Im still far enough out in BFE that's it's not an issue, but the news is full of it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: eyeteach
My part of the state isn't quite that bad, but yes, gang related crimes all over the place. Im still far enough out in BFE that's it's not an issue, but the news is full of it.

There were some "gangs" in my hometown for a while that were just stupid rich white kids who would shit themselves and cry if they encountered an actual gang. They eventually got bored with that and decided that it was cool to drive old beat-up trucks and wear plaid and cowboy boots instead... Despite never having set foot on a farm.

There were some "gangs" in my hometown for a while that were just stupid rich white kids who would shit themselves and cry if they encountered an actual gang. They eventually got bored with that and decided that it was cool to drive old beat-up trucks and wear plaid and cowboy boots instead... Despite never having set foot on a farm.

Suburban white kids made pandas cry.

I am from the middle of no where in east texas and my accent is so thick and southern. Like paula deen or dolly parton, without their mannerisms. I'm sure the misconception is that I'm a redneck country girl? Maybe I ride my horse to walmart? Lol, I don't have a horse but someone asked me that when I was traveling a few years ago.

Howdy y'all! :smuggrin:
I am from the south too. Texas to be specific. I do not own a cowgirl hat. I have never been to a rodeo. I don't *usually* listen to country music. My pick-up truck doesn't have a confederate flag decal on the back window. Hell, I don't even have a pick-up truck; I drive an import sedan. My area represents the Mexican culture more so than any stereotypical "Texas" tumbleweed in the wind.

Wisconsin here.
Of course people assume I love cheese (which is true)
or I'm a Packers Fan (also true)
Not a whole lot of negative assumptions besides us having Scott Walker, tbh.
Just that some think we all live on farms. We got big cities too, Milwaukee? Madison?

Another one about iowa, but was probably more common 10+ years ago would be "iowa? So like the field of dreams, huh?"

Another one!

"Iowa? Do you know Slipknot???"

Half the people I know know or have at least met/hung out with Corey Taylor. I have never met him, nor any of the other members of the band. My manager is buddies with him, and he bought my sister's Rocky Horror ticket once - he actually bought a bunch of tickets because his friends were bugging him to "buy our tickets, you're rich, man!" and handed them out to random people.

I am from the middle of no where in east texas and my accent is so thick and southern. Like paula deen or dolly parton, without their mannerisms. I'm sure the misconception is that I'm a redneck country girl? Maybe I ride my horse to walmart? Lol, I don't have a horse but someone asked me that when I was traveling a few years ago.

I grew up in Minnesota but moved to another state about 11 years ago. Right into the middle of Mennonite communities. They all ride their horse and buggies everywhere. Because of that many of the stores in town have horse hitching posts in their parking lots. Several even have nice covered shelters for the horses and put out bales of hay.

My first weekend down here I remember taking pictures of them to send back to friends "Holy shit, I've arrived in the Twilight Zone. Walmart AND McDonald's here both have parking for horses!" :hilarious:

I'm in Kentucky, and the most common things I hear are that we must A) fuck our siblings/parents, B) not own shoes, and C) eat fried chicken every night.

When in reality, it's pretty fucking boring. We are ripe with homophobic, racist, sexist, judgmental assholes who tend to explain their actions with religion. That's like 75% of the population. Then there are the 5% who are trying to "live off the grid" and live in sheds with no running water and heat powered by generators made from lawnmower batteries. The other 20% is Mennonite or Amish (depending on your location). And yes, we have horse tie-outs in front of all the major stores as well.

Well bless yor little heart! C'mere, lemme give ya a feel better hug! (Wanna be my cousin?) ;)

Wisconsin here.
Of course people assume I love cheese (which is true)
or I'm a Packers Fan (also true)
Not a whole lot of negative assumptions besides us having Scott Walker, tbh.
Just that some think we all live on farms. We got big cities too, Milwaukee? Madison?

HEYYY GIRRRLLLL!

Wisconsinite here, specifically Milwaukee. Exactly. For me everyone assumes I grew up on a farm or live on one and that I hang out with cows and corn all day. Born and raised in inner-city Milwaukee. More like Chicago than any rural part of Wisconsin. Because I am white, specifically with tattoos, people assume I live in the Riverwest or Bay View neighborhoods all the time. I always get asked this on cam. I actually live in central, inner-city Milwaukee, where white people are more the minority. So when my viewers hear this, they're all like, are you involved in drugs? Its like no, I just like living where it is cheap.

Haha yes! I saw this when I first moved here; sooo accurate!

I still accidentally find myself in the wrong neighborhood trying to get home.

Another misconception about Las Vegas is that it's expensive to live here, because people are used to the strip prices.

Oh, and that it's a drinking town. Maybe it's just because I'm from an actual drinking town (Portland is the real life Shire; it's normal culturally there to have a beer or three with every meal, to have four meals a day, and every event ever is at a bar) but Las Vegas is way more sleepy suburban than anything. There aren't even really proper bars here.

Last edited:
Oh there is A LOT for Boston:

We are terrible drivers

We love our sports teams (I hate sports)

We are rude, racist and "snarky"

We pick fights for no reason

We all have the accent- I do have a very strong accent but I was born and raised in Boston- my bf and most my friends have no accent lol.

People ask me all the time if I like Beans (Boston is nicknamed Beantown.. I hate beans)

Im sure there are more but this is all I can think of right now.

We all have the accent- I do have a very strong accent but I was born and raised in Boston- my bf and most my friends have no accent lol.

Boston accents are maybe my favourite accents EVER. How you doin'? ;)

Reactions: BiancaBaker
Oh there is A LOT for Boston:

We are terrible drivers

We love our sports teams (I hate sports)

We are rude, racist and "snarky"

We pick fights for no reason

People ask me all the time if I like Beans (Boston is nicknamed Beantown.. I hate beans)

Im sure there are more but this is all I can think of right now.

You are all named "Shaun"
You play hockey "wicked hard"
Your all Bruins fans (they suck)
You paaark your carrrr in da Harvarrrd Yarrrd
You have created false gods of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck (heretics)
You all have a story where you have seen Matt Damon and Ben Affleck
You are all very white and very ginger.
You have never thrown the "second punch"... if you know what I mean.
You get into fights with each other and when someone tries to break you up, you both immediately assault the interloper.(its a Boston "we are family thing"...don't step in)
The Drop Kick Murphys are not a band...they are a lifestyle

The first place I ever saw a button on a girls blouse that said "Fuck me I'm Irish"...she was drunk..it was St.Paddy's Day...she was 14...and vomiting. Love that gal
Goddamn I love that town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.