AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really admire and respect the fact that you feel comfortable stating this.

I am also driven by the money that comes from this job. If I did not make as much as I do, I would not be in this work. There are way too many tolls it takes on me to justify making less. But the moment I start putting vibes out there that I haven't made enough that week/month, or that I'm disappointed in a slow shift, I feel awful. I feel bad. Ashamed. WHY? Why is it not ok to expect and hold steadfast to certain standards? I should feel fine and confident saying that I expect $xyz for this job.

Edit: PS you inspired me to tweet about my feelings on that matter. :)

I've never been afraid to say I am in it for the money and that turns some models and members off, but I don't mind it. If it wasn't lucrative, I wouldn't be here. I know I take it to what some people think are extremes but what I think some models might forget is that a lot of us (I can't say all) are characters. Even if you don't "fake it" we're still characters. NerdieBirdie is not Legal Name me. Its funny that models critique me and base wanting to meet me at conventions based on what they see NerdieBirdie post online. I mean, I get it, they have that right to decide that from what they see. But I know I for one love the fact that this job allows me to be an actress most. That is my favorite part. It is performance. I am a character. I can decide to be one way one day, and another the next. NerdieBirdie isn't all of me, she is just a part. But I think that gets lost with so many.

Before I respond to things... I've gotten poaching PMs from models on my perv accounts but today was the first day I got an MFC mail. *facepalms into desk*

The top bar has a link to your room, so you actually made it one step less easy to come to your room and chat lol.

Your "make friend" link is still in the rate/admire/friend/favorite model section, so I've now added you to mine. :) The profile friends and online friends lists are completely separate entities.

I like to show off on my profile the other models that I enjoy, so it makes me sad when I don't have the ability to add someone there. NataliaGrey is one of my faves but her links were removed so I cannot add her. Sads.
I actually had a button at the top that was linked to my chatroom, noticed it was broken and fixed it, so thanks for making me look twice!

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 2.05.49 PM.png
How is your room 24/7? People just use it as an old school AOL chatroom when you aren't broadcasting?
Yup! That's pretty much it. Sometimes I even change my model name to AOLChatroom for shits and giggles...
I just took a peek in there and there were 6 guys all just casually chatting away. Like a full on 6 way bromance. It's so nice to see rather then hate and drama.
I'll tell you what, that little community is so awesome. Guys can come in when they're having a hard day and talk it out, bounce ideas off each other, find new friends... I love my chatroom!
Yeah you're right there probably isn't but I've never seen members all hanging around and chatting without the model being there as the glue to hold them all together. Maybe it happens elsewhere too but I've never seen it.
The only other place I've seen it was in Olivia's room. But I'm actually in the chat most of the day while I'm working on stuff, so it isn't sitting there without a model in my case. ^_^ I love hanging in my chat.

BTW, anyone is allowed in my chat at any time, just to hang out or make friends or chill or whatever. :D

Last edited:
Just bouncing off of this because I know that I am everyone's probably most annoying top offender of this ever. But I'm unapologetic about it and I have been transparent and blunt about it, both on twitter, verbally in my cam room, and with other models who have approached me about it. I'm just following up from Picnic's post because it highlights some things I have discussed before when this topic has come up.

So a lot of people find me annoying on Twitter. Bummer. That is why you can choose not to follow me or mute me. And why this thread is a personal preference of what is annoying to some. So I am not here to ask others not to find me annoying, but rather to express why I am annoying. (Yes, I am intentionally annoying.)

My first year of camming I did almost exclusively public shows. The money made itself and I never had to worry about tactics.Then last summer I had such a whale tipper that I was blind to the fact that no one else really helped (which I now see when I look back at tip totals.) This past fall, which was my first time camming after graduating college, there was a decline. I lost my huge whale tipper, and kept at my usual positive flow, but I still noticed an income gap I wasn't content with. I'm not dumb. I tried doing non-nude for a month or so to try that. I tried signing on naked. I tried only cumming in private. I tried doing games (which are HORRIFIC if you have a low count room my GOD, at least for me,) I have tried low count cunshows. I TRIED IT ALL, MAN. I FUCKING TRIED IT ALL. I don't know what the dealio was, but shit really sucked since like November. It wasn't a matter of slow times on MFC, because if I am ranked #800, then I know 799 girls have profited better than me.

I refused to write it off as "slow times" and so in maybe December or so, I started the whole whiny bitchy thing. Its a nice mix of what I call FinDomme & generally being a huge bitch. And as soon as I started being a massive cunt, I saw my profits increase. There was a direct relation to me chewing out people on snapchat, letting them know what letdowns they are for not being present, and then my offline tips I'd get or snapcash sent to me. Its simply. I tested this continuously. Be happy for a week and just cam, and only my regs would show up and maybe a couple new people who didn't stay around. Bitch people out on twitter or snapchat, it turned into regulars who began to understand that value of an invested mutual relationship. Sometimes I have to be a cunt, and other times, I cry. Are the tears fake or not? It depends, it is on occasion. Who knows?

What I love is when people point fingers at me and call this manipulation. Well so is being a tease with your body. People are manipulated (just re-using the word others like to use on me) into the trance of desiring more and always wanting to see what is next so they tip.

Open Domme/Fin-Domme? Clearly manipulation. Girls use their mind (and I am glad they do) to produce content and express a personality that controls men into seeing the value of handing over their money.

But god fucking forbid you are me, somewhere in the middle, cuz I ain't got time to be a 100% full fledged domme (and to some dommes that makes me a fake I guess) and I am just considered naggy/annoying/ungrateful/whining. No, I am no different than anyone else using what elements of their personality they can excel in to profit. People can disagree with me on what I am doing, but I am sick of people telling me what I am doing differs along the lines of manipulation. Maybe some models feel better saying they "encourage" or "convince" members to tip, but I have no problem admitting that there is a level of manipulation. I am not naive. And I have been open in the past about this being my job. I am not like the models who are all, "teehee I just llooooove being naughty for an audience and the tips are a bonus."

Yeah, I love being naked. I was sad to find camming so late in life after years of doing low paid nude photo shoots. But I'm not driven by the desire to "just have fun and see where it goes," I am driven by money. I have said this on Twitter. On snapchat. On MFC. To members faces. I had a very transparent conversation about this on cam today and I love that the members I actually respect and enjoy are the ones who get this and agree.

So anyways, you're probably like, "but Birdie when I see you on Twitter you're all crying about paying bills and no one supporting you." I, like many, am mostly carried paycheck to paycheck by some sole big tippers. Those guys and I have very open relationship and conversations about how what they get from me is a business transaction and if they want more, they can pay more. I do have real friendships with some of my tippers, but I am not afraid to say it is based on attention in levels of being tipped. They know when I flip out on Twitter it is not about them. I have some people who tip me every damn day. My whining, annoying messages, are aimed at the guys on MFC and Twitter who only know how and to jump when I say jump. I have had people sit in my room for fucking weeks without the intention of tipping, but if I have a crisis or need help or simply act like an entitled cunt, boom, they are suddenly capable of tokens.

So then someone is like, "but are you proud you make your money that way." Well yeah, actually I am. Would I have liked to be a model who could smile every day and just sign in and flow through a show and everything is lovely and whatnot, sure. But I tried that in varying intervals and it doesn't pay as well as the whole enticing white knights and controlling men who have no direction has been. At the end of the day I am most concerned about what the number in my bank account says, not what faceless people on the internet think about my personality or how I run my show.

I typed a lot and left out important things I am sure, but I just wanted to show some perspective that some of us *intentionally* act like entitled cunts and/or appeal to white knights because lets face it, some men want that. People want to point fingers at ungrateful top models (who shall go unnamed) and how they talk to members or what they write online but maybe...its what worked for them? And they are more focused on getting paid then what other models (or members for that matter) think about their tactics. Again, this is an opinion thread so I am not actually saying y'all should change your minds about finding it annoying. Just wanted to offer that perspective that perhaps they are actually offering something men want. There are sooooooo many dudes who just want to feel good saving the day for a model, and if I can be the model's day they save, why not? I will never see this differently than a model who appeals to guys who want a model to drool on themselves, or do anal, or cry or something. Everyone has different fetishes and if someone wants to be a white knight and that is what they enjoy about paying a model, you're damn right I'll see to being to model on the receiving end of that.

Wow, this is great insight and entirely opposite my intuition on the subject. Thank you for sharing.

I mostly agreed with the other members here that it's a big turn-off for me because it feels a bit like preaching to the choir in some sense. I don't think I'm any model's 'whale', but I tip in any room I hang out in, so when I'm constantly being reminded how slow it is it feels like I'm being hounded in spite of contributing. But I mostly try to ignore it and avoid the 'it's a not ALL members' defensive reaction.

It won't necessarily change anything for me (As much as I may want to be a white knight, I know I'm not saving anyone, and guilt trips aren't entertaining for me), I really appreciate the perspective you've taken the time to illustrate. Now that you've laid the logic and analysis bare it makes so much more sense. And it's another example of how enterprising and intelligent models can be with their ability to understand the situation in a way to maximize earnings potential. Since I'm all for whatever works for each model in terms of getting paid, thanks for taking the time to explain it a little better for those like me who didn't necessarily understand the other side of it.

I find the damsel-in-distress hustle annoying as well, but I can completely confirm that @NerdieBirdie is actually a badass who does what needs to get done to do her job.

A lot of members do not realize that many girls are "cunts" or brats for a reason, and that reason has a lot to do with their brand. Nerdie is actually has a great work ethic, and doesn't need other people to help her work, and she's definitely not helpless.

Guys seem to love to be heros, and letting themselves be saved makes lots of camgirls a ton of money.

Like you can literally be whoever you want and totally change the game in one day. That is what is so fascinating about the cam world. Its the ultimate acting gig. No one tells you who you need to play, you can decide it. I'm always acting. Even me saying I am not acting is me acting. When girls do this as cosplay or a developed character (think Leia Down) its congratulated and
I find the damsel-in-distress hustle annoying as well, but I can completely confirm that @NerdieBirdie is actually a badass who does what needs to get done to do her job.

A lot of members do not realize that many girls are "cunts" or brats for a reason, and that reason has a lot to do with their brand. Nerdie is actually has a great work ethic, and doesn't need other people to help her work, and she's definitely not helpless.

Guys seem to love to be heros, and letting themselves be saved makes lots of camgirls a ton of money.

What I liked about our time at the house in Vegas, and any other girl who was there, was that you all got to see my branding at a personal level. Like when I would post a sad snapchat but actually be hanging with you all eating pizza or something. I liked that people got to see that NerdieBirdie is a character.

I really think that the fact some of us are actresses gets lost on other models. I am transparent enough about this approach to feel comfortable admitting to it here in the public forum, because like I said, I am totally open about it and even joke about it with my stable regs, the guys I have the real friendships with. I work my ass off to "be NerdieBirdie" and it doesn't mean I am just sitting on my ass quilting men into money. There is a meticulous approach to all things I do. Even if I seem chaotic.

Just bouncing off of this because I know that I am everyone's probably most annoying top offender of this ever. But I'm unapologetic about it and I have been transparent and blunt about it, both on twitter, verbally in my cam room, and with other models who have approached me about it. I'm just following up from Picnic's post because it highlights some things I have discussed before when this topic has come up.

So a lot of people find me annoying on Twitter. Bummer. That is why you can choose not to follow me or mute me. And why this thread is a personal preference of what is annoying to some. So I am not here to ask others not to find me annoying, but rather to express why I am annoying. (Yes, I am intentionally annoying.)

My first year of camming I did almost exclusively public shows. The money made itself and I never had to worry about tactics.Then last summer I had such a whale tipper that I was blind to the fact that no one else really helped (which I now see when I look back at tip totals.) This past fall, which was my first time camming after graduating college, there was a decline. I lost my huge whale tipper, and kept at my usual positive flow, but I still noticed an income gap I wasn't content with. I'm not dumb. I tried doing non-nude for a month or so to try that. I tried signing on naked. I tried only cumming in private. I tried doing games (which are HORRIFIC if you have a low count room my GOD, at least for me,) I have tried low count cunshows. I TRIED IT ALL, MAN. I FUCKING TRIED IT ALL. I don't know what the dealio was, but shit really sucked since like November. It wasn't a matter of slow times on MFC, because if I am ranked #800, then I know 799 girls have profited better than me.

I refused to write it off as "slow times" and so in maybe December or so, I started the whole whiny bitchy thing. Its a nice mix of what I call FinDomme & generally being a huge bitch. And as soon as I started being a massive cunt, I saw my profits increase. There was a direct relation to me chewing out people on snapchat, letting them know what letdowns they are for not being present, and then my offline tips I'd get or snapcash sent to me. Its simply. I tested this continuously. Be happy for a week and just cam, and only my regs would show up and maybe a couple new people who didn't stay around. Bitch people out on twitter or snapchat, it turned into regulars who began to understand that value of an invested mutual relationship. Sometimes I have to be a cunt, and other times, I cry. Are the tears fake or not? It depends, it is on occasion. Who knows?

What I love is when people point fingers at me and call this manipulation. Well so is being a tease with your body. People are manipulated (just re-using the word others like to use on me) into the trance of desiring more and always wanting to see what is next so they tip.

Open Domme/Fin-Domme? Clearly manipulation. Girls use their mind (and I am glad they do) to produce content and express a personality that controls men into seeing the value of handing over their money.

But god fucking forbid you are me, somewhere in the middle, cuz I ain't got time to be a 100% full fledged domme (and to some dommes that makes me a fake I guess) and I am just considered naggy/annoying/ungrateful/whining. No, I am no different than anyone else using what elements of their personality they can excel in to profit. People can disagree with me on what I am doing, but I am sick of people telling me what I am doing differs along the lines of manipulation. Maybe some models feel better saying they "encourage" or "convince" members to tip, but I have no problem admitting that there is a level of manipulation. I am not naive. And I have been open in the past about this being my job. I am not like the models who are all, "teehee I just llooooove being naughty for an audience and the tips are a bonus."

Yeah, I love being naked. I was sad to find camming so late in life after years of doing low paid nude photo shoots. But I'm not driven by the desire to "just have fun and see where it goes," I am driven by money. I have said this on Twitter. On snapchat. On MFC. To members faces. I had a very transparent conversation about this on cam today and I love that the members I actually respect and enjoy are the ones who get this and agree.

So anyways, you're probably like, "but Birdie when I see you on Twitter you're all crying about paying bills and no one supporting you." I, like many, am mostly carried paycheck to paycheck by some sole big tippers. Those guys and I have very open relationship and conversations about how what they get from me is a business transaction and if they want more, they can pay more. I do have real friendships with some of my tippers, but I am not afraid to say it is based on attention in levels of being tipped. They know when I flip out on Twitter it is not about them. I have some people who tip me every damn day. My whining, annoying messages, are aimed at the guys on MFC and Twitter who only know how and to jump when I say jump. I have had people sit in my room for fucking weeks without the intention of tipping, but if I have a crisis or need help or simply act like an entitled cunt, boom, they are suddenly capable of tokens.

So then someone is like, "but are you proud you make your money that way." Well yeah, actually I am. Would I have liked to be a model who could smile every day and just sign in and flow through a show and everything is lovely and whatnot, sure. But I tried that in varying intervals and it doesn't pay as well as the whole enticing white knights and controlling men who have no direction has been. At the end of the day I am most concerned about what the number in my bank account says, not what faceless people on the internet think about my personality or how I run my show.

I typed a lot and left out important things I am sure, but I just wanted to show some perspective that some of us *intentionally* act like entitled cunts and/or appeal to white knights because lets face it, some men want that. People want to point fingers at ungrateful top models (who shall go unnamed) and how they talk to members or what they write online but maybe...its what worked for them? And they are more focused on getting paid then what other models (or members for that matter) think about their tactics. Again, this is an opinion thread so I am not actually saying y'all should change your minds about finding it annoying. Just wanted to offer that perspective that perhaps they are actually offering something men want. There are sooooooo many dudes who just want to feel good saving the day for a model, and if I can be the model's day they save, why not? I will never see this differently than a model who appeals to guys who want a model to drool on themselves, or do anal, or cry or something. Everyone has different fetishes and if someone wants to be a white knight and that is what they enjoy about paying a model, you're damn right I'll see to being to model on the receiving end of that.
First off can I just say I love your attitude. I am constantly reading about how guys don't like models bitching, moaning or in general just being a total bitch on Twitter or anywhere else for that matter. Well got to say news flash guys don't like it tough shit. We are first and foremost women and surprisingly human, yes I know it's shit lol. Not everyone can smile be happy and amazing all the time but hey ho that is life. I would also like to say that a models Twitter is hers to do with as she pleases, whatever that may be. There are days when all I want to do is lash out and have a bitch, and I don't. Why? Well because if I do everyone starts to moan about model dramas and problems etc. If guys and girls don't like what is on a models Twitter or whatever then ignore and or block it's that simple. Now if you don't mind I'm off to Twitter to have a big fat rant lol.

Now I have a crush on @NerdieBirdie you're amazing. I have started acting a lot more recently and it's been the best thing I could do. I now act a lot bubblier and girlier as opposed to the all black wearing bitch that I actually am and my income has increased significantly. I like that I can be myself and I still am in many ways but if hamming up one thing about me, the tiny little spark of bubbly girl inside me, is going to make me more money then of course that's what I'm going to do. A lot of us have the personality that we can get online and be the right personality to grow a following and make money. A lot of us are a different person online. Sometimes it is obvious who is who and sometimes it isn't.

I have mentioned before here that the constant complaining is one of the most annoying things a model can do in my eyes but that's a personal preference. To me it's annoying to read on twitter, I can't stay in their room for two seconds, it just grates on my nerves. Complaining in general is super unattractive to me and I just can't stand it. I'm not under any insane impression that because I don't find something attractive, no one else can or will. I approach this thread as a "hey this is what really turns me off". It seems like some people see it the same way and some people see it as "ah everyone who approaches camming this way is a fucking moron".

"ah everyone who approaches [insert anything here] this way is a fucking moron".
I am probably guilty of this from time to time, but as noted by my italicized edit, not just about camming.

I apologize if that's ever bothered anyone.

Reactions: FluffyGalore
@NerdieBirdie - I really enjoyed reading your post ^_^

Certainly, it's ideal to be able to cam while finding some way to be honest and up front about monetary expectations within your persona.

This was such a challenge for me when I was a happy-go-lucky cam girl. I was always upbeat and positive and never mentioned any frustrations with money to my room or members. I personally found this unprofessional. And yet, I hated feeling like I had to hide or lie about how I was really feeling. Although I was on cam to have fun, I did still need to pay my bills and I would be unable to cam anymore if I couldn't. It was surely a fine line for me, especially as someone that wanted to be as real and as genuine as possible.

For me personally, fun-and-positive-only was not sustainable, as I found it worked the best with cultivating and maintaining friendships. These friendships, unfortunately, wouldn't last as members would leave if they found a real life girl friend, for example. It was NOT easy (nor should it be) to simply find a replacement, especially as my room was non-nude and I didn't have a strong influx of new people/tippers. It also was not easy on me emotionally.

As Princess Mika, I did finally find the balance that works right for me. In female domination, I don't have to be shy about money expectations and many guys/subs even look to me to create these expectations (regarding not just money but behavior as well). To me, it's completely professional expressing money requirements, in this manner. I still get to be happy and have fun, even if I'm being "mean", because it's all part of the fetish. It's fantastic! "Friendship" bonds are more light and fun, especially with a domme-sub dynamic and there has been a strong influx of new people that are looking for this dynamic, much more so than with my other persona. It took a while, about 2 years, but I found what worked for me, which included not caming on token sites anymore.

The other thing is, I do feel like there are many men who really don't know anything is wrong unless you are direct. Acting super happy and positive signals that everything must be great and that there is nothing to worry about!

I think this all will be something to think about for every cam model and finding what's right for them. A balance between communicating needs / expectations while maintaining the persona they choose. Easier said than done!

Again, great post! :)

Models and members each have their own agency. Models should do what works for them and what sits well with who they want to be.

I don't like being emotionally bullied or hearing a pity plea everyday. I also understand that camming is a grind and dead periods cost a model in many different ways. Models gotta do what they gotta do and some members might be annoyed and some might put on their white knight cosplay outfit.

'Guys you keep me on when you tip, I'm putting a 15 min timer and I will have to leave if we don't make the topic. Tip me!' Models seem to navigate this in all sorts of ways.

Models and members each have their own agency. Models should do what works for them and what sits well with who they want to be.

I don't like being emotionally bullied or hearing a pity plea everyday. I also understand that camming is a grind and dead periods cost a model in many different ways. Models gotta do what they gotta do and some members might be annoyed and some might put on their white knight cosplay outfit.

'Guys you keep me on when you tip, I'm putting a 15 min timer and I will have to leave if we don't make the topic. Tip me!' Models seem to navigate this in all sorts of ways.

I should note that this is not something I do every day nor is it my sole hustle, but it is part of the hustle. There are plenty of fun, silly, and sexy days on cam. But I'm not shy in cracking the whip when I need to.

Since we're kind of on the subject, I'll throw this one out there.
When a model is all over her Twitter talking about how she barely made rent/overdraw her checking account/is very broke in general, then a few days later is all "look at this extravagant thing I just bought!" Or something else expensive.

This doesn't apply to just camgirls either, I've got a few IRL friends that do the same thing.

I've mostly seen this with Eastern European models--- I don't like when they wear crosses because it sort of mixes church and perving.

Or maybe they're trying to keep vampires at bay. Of course, you won't notice the garlic, and they keep their stakes out of site, too.

Probably this has already been posted at some point, but I think models should avoid making goals based on the rank, especially if you are looking for new tippers, being clear to where the tips are going is always a good thing, even if it's a high countdown.

Probably this has already been posted at some point, but I think models should avoid making goals based on the rank, especially if you are looking for new tippers, being clear to where the tips are going is always a good thing, even if it's a high countdown.

I'm not a fan of it at all - I think it puts a lot of pressure on a model's regulars, and it can lead to a situation where a room collectively tips more than what that model would usually charge for that show and still not get to see it, simply because other models on the site happen to be being tipped more that night - BUT I've seen it work time and time again, so I can see why models do it. No model is going to please all the people all the time, so it only makes sense from a business standpoint that models worry about the members that are going to make them the most money. For some models, that might mean not doing it for fear of losing their regulars, for others still, it might mean that that's the most financially viable option for them.

I can only speak for myself, but re: "being clear to where the tips are going"... the answer is "my rent/bills/life." After being a cam model for nearly three years, I know about what rank I need to hit in order to pay my monthly expenses. Folks are more likely to tip a cam model to help her hit a certain rank than they are to help her hit a certain level of income. Consider it a form of gamification.

The majority of the people who tip me do so because they appreciate my time and attention and emotional labor, not because they need to see me naked for the Nth time. I suspect this is true for most of the girls on MFC.

(The exception being ladies who run their rooms in such a fashion where there is no countdown or "items" to be tipped for. Doing a "show at rank #whatever" topic is a risky tipping prospect if you're looking for something in return. In these cases, a tipper should expect a thank-you and nothing else. It's not my cup of tea most of the time, but if it works for the models who do, then more power to 'em.)

Lastly I can't help but think this sounds like the sort of complaint I regularly hear from non-tippers. (I'm not saying you're a non-tipper, @DonCornillio, just that it's reminiscent. Not trying to insult you in the slightest, I promise!) "OMG that guy just tipped you XXXX!!! That's gotta be worth a cumshow!" (Almost all of the big tips I've ever received have been "just because" tips, and those tokens often "go towards" nothing but the big fuckin' grin plastered across my face.)

I suspect I'm getting a little off-topic, so yes, I can understand where you're coming from about rank goals. For me, mine are practical. For others, perhaps not. Every model runs her business in the way she feels best works for her. If it doesn't keep working, she'll change her ways.

P.S. @mynameisbob84 got his response in before me! He's got a different point, but one I also agree with.

P.P.S. Sorry for abusing formatting options, my brain isn't booted up yet today and those points seemed the most relevant.

Edited to add: if what you mean by "goals based on rank" is solely "I'm doing a show at rank #whatever" and not "this is my rank goal for the month" then my reply may be not as relevant. My apologies if so.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself, but re: "being clear to where the tips are going"... the answer is "my rent/bills/life."

^ That actually makes me want to see models have very utilitarian tip goals-- 200 tips to help me buy a sandwich, pay my rent HIT 20,000 Ninja....

This one model had a DUI and had "Help Me Pay For My Attorney" as the theme for her cam session.

^ That actually makes me want to see models have very utilitarian tip goals-- 200 tips to help me buy a sandwich, pay my rent HIT 20,000 Ninja....

This one model had a DUI and had "Help Me Pay For My Attorney" as the theme for her cam session.

I'll do that if everyone who hangs out in my cam room breaks down their own life expenses too. Particularly curious to see what amount goes towards buying tokens. :p

Seriously though, I realize you're kidding about this (...oh man I hope you're kidding) because it would make me feel like I was a kid being given an allowance and having to justify my life/lifestyle. People tip waiters and hairdressers and all sorts of other service folks without questioning what they're going to spend the money on. I feel like this'd bring models down to the level of panhandlers on the street.

Also re: raising money for an attorney for a DUI... man that seems like a bad PR move right there!

Geeze, this thread is a real downer right now.

You know what I would love to see? Models rewarded for putting on a great show and maintaining a positive environment without dragging others down but I might as well be shooting at stars with arrows these days.
I refuse to go down with the cry baby ship that's been building up lately.

If that's your gimmick cool, but as a model who has been told directly that a member put himself into a financial pickle in order to "help" a girl out who I'm 99.9% certain wasn't really in need as much as she made appear... therefore not to expect any tips (while I'm real world panicking about shit that of course I'm not burdening my regulars with) I won't support or condone it. It has directly hurt me and directly hurt people I care about because they actually believed the sob story and were willing to put themselves in a bad place to help.

Be blunt about this being your job, please, It is! But you can do so professionally and if your catering to a fetish, maybe state it somewhere so people don't REALLY think your going to lose your house and take out a damn loan to "help" you.

This is going to be an unpopular post now, I don't care. I feel that it's wrong, and if you have to rely on these tactics maybe you just aren't cut out for this industry.

Sorry not sorry but it's just like, my opinion man.

Geeze, this thread is a real downer right now.

You know what I would love to see? Models rewarded for putting on a great show and maintaining a positive environment without dragging others down but I might as well be shooting at stars with arrows these days.
I refuse to go down with the cry baby ship that's been building up lately.

If that's your gimmick cool, but as a model who has been told directly that a member put himself into a financial pickle in order to "help" a girl out who I'm 99.9% certain wasn't really in need as much as she made appear... therefore not to expect any tips (while I'm real world panicking about shit that of course I'm not burdening my regulars with) I won't support or condone it. It has directly hurt me and directly hurt people I care about because they actually believed the sob story and were willing to put themselves in a bad place to help.

Be blunt about this being your job, please, It is! But you can do so professionally and if your catering to a fetish, maybe state it somewhere so people don't REALLY think your going to lose your house and take out a damn loan to "help" you.

This is going to be an unpopular post now, I don't care. I feel that it's wrong, and if you have to rely on these tactics maybe you just aren't cut out for this industry.

Sorry not sorry but it's just like, my opinion man.

The money I make I do need though, I'm not faking what my bills are. My checks are currently being garnished by the government and my rent is my rent. I have tried the happy, positive way of camming, and you're right, it didn't work for me. People weren't interested in tipping for playing games or subscribing to a membership for my room. Those tactics didn't work for me. Being bitchy and crabby has worked for me to make the income I need, and like I said, I'm more concerned with being able to pay my bills and stay afloat than maintain some picture perfect idea of what a model is "supposed to be."

Its not like I invent bills to be paid or create fake situations. But I do use anger and tears, openly, to ensure that I can pay my bills. I'd rather be seen as an unliked model by other models and be able to pay my bills than be a fake happy model pretending everything is ok when its not.

I may have misunderstood your previous post, I appreciate that you are not lying about expenses directly and you obviously know imbellishing your emotions the way you do is not highly respected, so obviously do you. I appreciate your honesty even if it is my opinion though that you and others similar are having a drastically negative impact on our industry as a whole and I personally don't support it.

I may have misunderstood your previous post, I appreciate that you are not lying about expenses directly and you obviously know imbellishing your emotions the way you do is not highly respected, so obviously do you. I appreciate your honesty even if it is my opinion though that you and others similar are having a drastically negative impact on our industry as a whole and I personally don't support it.

I hope that one day I don't need to rely on these methods to make the level of income I currently need. I feel bad that many models feel like I am ruining our legitimacy but desperate times call for desperate, and any, measures. I tried changing up my camming tactics so much and nothing has had the the power that emotional manipulating has had. I know that it sucks, but I need to look out for me and my well-being. Maybe these last few months of doing so wilo tarnish my future ability to be seen another way, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. But until then I need to do whatever works for me to get paid.

I'm sorry if anyone thinks I am an issue in the industry. If anyone has any helpful tips on how to actually get people to respect me without being a massive controlling bitch, do tell. It can be exhausting, but its what I'm doing to make rent happen. I'm conflicted now.

My lawyers will be contacting you shortly.

EDITED TO ADD: I did not take the Chill Pill but I did pass it on to my lawyers.
Gosh DARNIT I can't double emote the same post! *funny laugh face* ...

Reactions: mynameisbob84
I want everyone to know that this thread has me reevaluating my cam persona and who I am as NerdieBirdie and I will work to be less of an embarrassment to other girls. I hope to earn some of your respect back.
I worry about what kind of toll this is having on YOU. It sounds exhausting and can't be good for you're personal long term mental health either.

I want everyone to know that this thread has me reevaluating my cam persona and who I am as NerdieBirdie and I will work to be less of an embarrassment to other girls. I hope to earn some of your respect back.
Really why? Because some people don't like it? I run my room the way I want at all times. I might not do it the way you do and I might not do things that everyone likes, however I'm not here to please the mob. I'm here to make a living. Same as you and every other cam girl. I really hope you don't change your persona because of how guys and other models react to the way you work. If you change it then change it because you want to and not because some people don't like it then tough shit. No offence to guys and girls here :)

NerdieBirdy, not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I'll proceed as if you aren't! Don't be so hard on yourself, as I was reading your posts, I thought to myself, that's not really my bag, but hey, if it works, go with it!

I do understand what Jolene has said, as at times I've gone above and beyond what I should spend. If that kind of a pressure was a constant, I'd abandon ship, but as I've learned, people are into all sorts of stuff, your clientele might just be into that.

I tried changing up my camming tactics so much and nothing has had the power that emotional manipulating has had.

Aww... you got bills to pay?

Welcome to the club.

Since your moral principles are lower than whale excrement and open to emotional manipulation tactics, why not ask for donations to help fight a cancer you don't have?

Aww... you got bills to pay?

Welcome to the club.

Since your moral principles are lower than whale excrement and open to emotional manipulation tactics, why not ask for donations to help fight a cancer you don't have?
That is way below the belt what's it to you how anyone does things. Don't like it then move on. Not at any point did she say anything about having cancer and branding her with THAT brush is just nonsense. In my opinion attacks like that are uncalled for and frankly disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.