AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a simple, practical question about one of the more frequently-cited model annoyances: failing to send videos/content that has been paid for. The model in question is MissAlice_94. I've been in her room just a few times; I've never been banned--in fact, I doubt my username would even be familiar to her.

On April 13, I sent her a 300 token offline tip for a video special she had advertised in her room topic. A week went by and I saw that the offline tip hadn't even been opened. So, I sent her another MFC mail asking about the status. As of today (April 28), neither message has been opened.

I can't send a Twitter DM because she does not follow me. I can't send her a PM because she wants 300 tokens for friend/PM, and that's laughable under the circumstances. I looked unsuccessfully for an email address for Amazon gift cards/wish list, etc. I don't want to complain in a tweet or in her chat room; that just wouldn't be cool.

A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to MFC support asking them to forward my inquiry to the model. I made it very clear that I was *not* asking for my tokens to be returned. If MFC did anything, it didn't help.

I'm resigned to the likelihood that I won't receive the content, but I am still interested in any suggestions. I'm just baffled by this model's behavior, especially since she's fairly popular and high-ranked. I've purchased content from a couple of dozen models, and this is the first time this has happened.

Okay, you know what? At this point, I would just go ahead and send her a tweet reminding her that you tipped her two weeks ago for her video special. You've waited patiently for way longer than you should have, and I don't even see anything wrong with just sending her a regular tweet about this anyway. I understand why you would prefer to DM her, PM her, or MFC Mail her about it, but you should be able to get what you paid for without having to pay her additional tokens. And you seem to be a nice guy, so I'm sure you're not gonna be all "Where the fuck are my videos, bitch?!" Lol. I say go ahead and send her a regular tweet. And you're not complaining. You're reminding her that you tipped her two weeks ago, and still haven't received the videos. I'm sure you could think of a nice way to communicate this to her.

@Osmia I think that model just doesn't check her mail much at all. I contacted her twice there and she never read my mail - a year or so ago. def just tweet her - but dont do it like this
"hey @alicewhateverurtwitteris i tipped for a video and can't seem to contact you about it. Could you let me dm, or respond to my mail?"
just put it like "@alicewhateverurtwitter is I tipped for a video and can't seem to contact you about it. Could you let me dm, or respond to my mail?"

One of those will be publically posted in the feed of anyone that follows you, the second one will only be seen by you, those who click your twitter directly, or those who follow both you and alice.

P.S. I love all of you even if you don't love me.

I love you, OK I don't know you but I do respect your honesty.

Reading through all these posts and your twitter feed it seems like the main problem was using the word "manipulative" in your first post. After reading through your feed sure technically its a type of manipulation but there are degrees of manipulation. Saying you're sad about an empty room, that you have bills to pay that you're struggling with and reminding people to tip you is pretty minor and a huge difference from inventing a fake cancer. If that's what it takes for you to earn enough then keep on doing what you do and I don't think you should be made to feel bad for it.

The way you do thing's might annoy some people but you're not hurting anyone, as far as I can tell you're not lying to anyone and so the backlash seems to have gone a bit over the top.

Edit to add people shouldnt complain about cam girls being fake or afraid to say what they really think in public and then criticize massively when one is brave enough to be so open

i feel like its annoying to members when models don't respond back to a message they sent. I can be guilty of this. I dont mean ignoring everyone, but the messages that are just pointless "hi bb" "youre hot" ect. its so distracting to try and respond to every single message you get. Makes me feel bad

I understand that girls who use emotional manipulation to garner tips usually do so out of necessity (like @JoleneBrody said). I also understand that the majority of members do only tip when they feel like the model "really needs it, " and therefore getting a (sometimes unrealized) sense of White-Knightery and heroism.

I completely understand that. We all have to do things that we don't like/agree with/enjoy for our jobs. Some of you have to kiss your boss's ass just to keep a minimum-wage job. Some of you have to compliment customers to get them to buy your shit. Some of you have to befriend people you abhor just to "network." We all do things at work that aren't ideal to us because of how the fucking world works. That's not going to change. The only thing that will is how we react to these situations. You learn to adapt yourself to further your career (in whatever field). That's cool. We all just keep doing what we need to simply to stay afloat.

The part about the 'emotional manipulation' that bothers me the most is when I can't tell if it's an act. Dommes doing their angry, man-hating thing or whatever? Sure, I get it. Camgirls whining about how they can't get 5 people in their room and rent is due Friday? I get it. But when these same people post self-deprecating things publicly (or say them aloud in chat), it makes me feel too many emotions. Like when a camgirl friend of mine publicly Tweets that she's feeling suicidal? I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION. Sure, I've learned previously that she likes to cry for attention/tips/whatever. But is this just an act? Is she genuinely feeling suicidal? I think it's kind of a catch-22. We can use our social media and camrooms to do/say/be whatever we want. That's a perk of the job. But if you do it so often and in increasingly more negative ways, it starts to lose its effect (on me, at least). I'm less likely to tip a girl who constantly is complaining about not making enough money than one who seems to just occasionally remind people. (This is just my personal preference and opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.) And if/when she gets to her breaking point and posts publicly about things being the worst ever, she's gonna quit camming, etc, I have to overlook it. It's similar to the 'Calling wolf' scenario.

tldr; Do what you need and want to do. But please don't talk about being suicidal unless you're genuine and want help. Because I will go out of my way to assist you in finding help. But I think you should have more respect for me, your viewers, and yourself than to stoop that low if it is an act.

*This post is somewhat off-topic, but still in the general realm of conversation, so I thought it pertinent to post while we're on the subject.*

I have a simple, practical question about one of the more frequently-cited model annoyances: failing to send videos/content that has been paid for. The model in question is MissAlice_94. I've been in her room just a few times; I've never been banned--in fact, I doubt my username would even be familiar to her.

On April 13, I sent her a 300 token offline tip for a video special she had advertised in her room topic. A week went by and I saw that the offline tip hadn't even been opened. So, I sent her another MFC mail asking about the status. As of today (April 28), neither message has been opened.

I can't send a Twitter DM because she does not follow me. I can't send her a PM because she wants 300 tokens for friend/PM, and that's laughable under the circumstances. I looked unsuccessfully for an email address for Amazon gift cards/wish list, etc. I don't want to complain in a tweet or in her chat room; that just wouldn't be cool.

A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to MFC support asking them to forward my inquiry to the model. I made it very clear that I was *not* asking for my tokens to be returned. If MFC did anything, it didn't help.

I'm resigned to the likelihood that I won't receive the content, but I am still interested in any suggestions. I'm just baffled by this model's behavior, especially since she's fairly popular and high-ranked. I've purchased content from a couple of dozen models, and this is the first time this has happened.

Ask her about the missing video in a hidden tip note. You can do this for as little as 5 tokens.

Also have you heard of Ambergris? Its an expensive whale poop used in perfumes and other products. Very rare and highly sought after. Some whale poop pieces fetch anywhere from $65,000-$150,00. So yeah, my moral principles are less than that of $150,000 whale poop. Ya got me. That shits too high class for me.
LOL, I did not know that.

Also, I definitely owe you an apology for my asshat-ish previous post. You were the victim of bad timing because I was just recently in a rather popular model's room who cries quite often when things aren't going well. She also has a minimum tip limit which irked me even more, then told me her tears are mostly for sympathy tips to get things going again.

I didn't even read the majority of your postings, but after seeing the emotional manipulation portion, it kind of set me off all over again, so I apologize for assuming the worst and taking my previous frustration out on you. You didn't deserve any of it.

Hey, bitchy models can be surprisingly successful too whether it's a ploy or genuine.

Anyways, hope you find success doing what you can comfortably live with.

One of the most annoying things is when all a model does are OhMiBod shows hour after hour, everyday, each day. She becomes nothing but a wiggle, probably fake orgasm, yellow wall machine.
I would agree in part but if it's making her money and normal shows don't, then why would she do anything else?

When models are boring AF and there isn't any satisfaction in tipping them. Blah personalities hidden behind cuteness, like a pretty house with wood rot, a bad foundation and termites! :)

That sounds so mean :( boring models, I agree. But that doesn't make them termite-ridden, lol, just because they aren't to your taste.

I do wonder how many members who claim models are boring are actually trying to interact with them. Do you pop in the room, and say more than 1 sentence before popping out? For some models like myself starting conversation can be very difficult. I simply do busy work on clip sites until someone says something. I'm not saying it's easier for members, but I work a 7 hour shift 5 days a week. It's kinda hard to not sound dumb repeating yourself when you work like that even if you are good at starting conversation. Considering how many times I'll see a full room with one or two members actually trying to hold a conversation, it really does make me wonder if the thing annoying some folks in this thread might be a flaw of their own as well. :p

May have said this before, but what the hell.

Please try and be reliable, or if you can't make an agreed time, at least try and find 5mins to let people know. Changed my plans to work a private around a model, who I'd ordered her first wand for. Told me last night they'd be on this afternoon, so we could finally use it (post tried to deliver it last week and she slept through them knocking the door).

It's now 6pm, and no sign or contact.

I do wonder how many members who claim models are boring are actually trying to interact with them. Do you pop in the room, and say more than 1 sentence before popping out? For some models like myself starting conversation can be very difficult.

Some people are just boring and can't help. You are right because sometimes I will write a model off as boring, dumb or something else judgmental only later to find out they are far more interesting than I originally thought. It doesn't happen a lot but it does happen. Sometimes members just find models at a bad moment or on a bad day.

They eventually turned up at 7:30, done their makeup on cam, then announced they were going out.

Oh, and the wand apparently doesn't work. It's a battery operated one they ended up ordering with a gift voucher (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31404). By any chance do any models know if these can be unreliable? The red light comes on, but apparently no vibration at all. Wondering if anyone would know of a fix.

When she wears her panties over her OhMiBod device (creating a weird crotch bulge) that makes her look like the sexiext pre-op trannie on earth.

Lol. I think some cam girls use their vibrator underneath their panties where it's against their skin, but their panties are still on. I can see how it probably looks funny to viewers...especially if they keep the device sitting underneath their panties while having public chat conversation. Lol.

When I use one off cam in my own free time, believe it or not the panties stay on because direct skin contact with that much vibration is just too much...not even enjoyable for me. Using the vibrator with panties on, though, feels FANTASTIC to me.

When she wears her panties over her OhMiBod device (creating a weird crotch bulge) that makes her look like the sexiext pre-op trannie on earth.
Lol well I do this as the majority of the time I'm doing other things like dancing playing games etc. So there is no other way to keep it in place other wearing panties over them. If you have a suggestion then I'd love to know, that is other than lying with my legs open for my whole shift holding an ohmibod on my pussy. Personally that seems rather boring to me.

Lol well I do this as the majority of the time I'm doing other things like dancing playing games etc. So there is no other way to keep it in place other wearing panties over them. If you have a suggestion then I'd love to know, that is other than lying with my legs open for my whole shift holding an ohmibod on my pussy. Personally that seems rather boring to me.

I don't own a vagina or an ohmibod so I don't have any solutions! The model was sexy AF so her ohmigod penis wasn't a distraction, just looked weird.

• Funny!
Reactions: FluffyGalore
Take a private while in free chat with no tips from the "freeloaders" who complain about her trying to make a living while providing interaction and entertainment to them . It's a pay to play world , just ask any professional athelete . If you aint paying quit yer bitchin' and shut the fuck up..... just my 2 cents fwiw . be thankful for what you get to see for free .

I really hate when Guys get upset at how the show is going or complain about it when they have tipped nothing. Like the models needs to base the show around his tastes when he hasn't even offered anything.

Reactions: Booty_4U
Take a private while in free chat with no tips from the "freeloaders" who complain about her trying to make a living while providing interaction and entertainment to them . It's a pay to play world , just ask any professional athelete . If you aint paying quit yer bitchin' and shut the fuck up..... just my 2 cents fwiw . be thankful for what you get to see for free .

I really hate when Guys get upset at how the show is going or complain about it when they have tipped nothing. Like the models needs to base the show around his tastes when he hasn't even offered anything.
There are other threads about annoying members, guys... this one is about models' annoying behaviors.

I have had a few instances recently of tipping models with interactive toys, who have removed them/ turned them off, without changing topic. Usually the tip is completely a waste of money, so much so I would love the tokens back to spend on someone more worthy of them.

Due to being ripped off so often, I am thinking of stopping this practice from now on only tipping with interactive toys when they are used in the middle of well established shows (No first or last tipping, someone else can take the risk).

May have said this before, but what the hell.

Please try and be reliable, or if you can't make an agreed time, at least try and find 5mins to let people know. Changed my plans to work a private around a model, who I'd ordered her first wand for. Told me last night they'd be on this afternoon, so we could finally use it (post tried to deliver it last week and she slept through them knocking the door).

It's now 6pm, and no sign or contact.

My biggest pet peeve ever for cam models is them being late or flaky and not saying anything. My fav cam girl on mfc puts on a great show and is fun to talk with but she is the flakiest girl ever. If she says "be on mfc tonight for sure" there is about a 75% chance (or higher) she won't log on and that isn't an exaggeration. Of course once in a while if you're late or don't log on then that's fine but when its a consistent thing that you tweet "be on cam tonight" or "be on soon" and don't log on then it's a problem. It's common courtesy to just say "Sorry guys I won't be on tonight something came up" or "running behind be on soon".

I think the worst experience I've had on MFC was with a model that encouraged members to troll each other.

A few months after she'd started, she'd picked up an assortment of regulars and one big tipper that liked messing with other members. At one point, the big tipper convinced her that it would be fun if members could tip against each other's tip requests. His first few attempts were playful, cancelling others' song requests and joking about their taste, but he was establishing a precedent...

One night when she'd set a countdown of 2000 tokens, the big tipper wasn't around, but the regulars came together and brought it down to 500 in the first half hour. At that rate, we'd have been done in a matter of minutes, but the big tipper wandered in and tipped 1000 tokens against the countdown. Seeing as we'd just lost two thirds of the progress we'd made and had no realistic prospect of finishing while he was there, the rest of us gave up - she went another half hour without a single tip. Then, despite the fact that we'd tipped 1500 to the big tipper's 1000, he convinced her that the "deadbeats" weren't going to finish her countdown, so she should skip it and go private with him instead, effectively cancelling all of our tips for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.