AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that being a cam girl will cause me to be more available for my first job (sex worker). If I'm camming in my studio I'll be 1) in my studio already if a get a call for work 2) all pretty and gussied up making me more available for last minute appointments.
Inbetween waiting in clients ill have not only something to do but perhaps make a few bucks Inbetween.
So hoping to be a reliable cam girl but only time and experience will tell.

This is meeeeee.
.... What actually happens? I'll sit on the computer or in front of the TV, realize it's already 12, and manage to drag my butt to either filming or camming, or I just say fuck it and don't bother. Or extenuating circumstances happen. There's so many of those. Migraine, back pain, ovary pain, hip pain - my body is a ball of painful parts and damn it, it sucks. Or I'll come home and my nephew is still awake for the next couple hours, and my sister has a friend or our other sister over, I have to wait for everyone to get to sleep or leave. Or, sister and nephew aren't home yet, don't want to risk them coming home in the middle of me camming or filming,....

Working from home is definitely a challenge, whatever your line of work is, especially if you're self-employed. For webcam models, the alternative would be...studios? Probably not. One MFC model I spent a fair amount of time with a year or so ago told me she was going to rent a small "office" space to do her camming, due mainly to scheduling conflicts with roommates. It's hard to see how a rented space could pay for itself unless one is a top model. But if it did work financially, it would address a lot of the work-from-home, self-employment problems.

For me, personally, the hardest part of keeping a 'consistent schedule' is because I'm selling myself. My humor, my wit, my ability to not have any dead air for hours. So if I'm feeling even the least bit under the weather, or dreading something, or worrying about something, or even just really stressed out... I know that I'm not going to be the Iris that everyone expects. Our regs know us and our facial cues so well that they already know that we're having a bad day or feeling preoccupied without us having to tell them. And most are ok with that. Most realize that we're humans who don't just live in a magical happy world filled with rainbows and butterflies. However, they (sometimes subconsciously) don't tip as much when we're not super bubbly/hyper. And it's so hard not to take that personally

("Maybe I'm not as funny as I used to be. Maybe they don't find me sexy anymore. Well, I have put on a few pounds. I really can't compete with these other gorgeous models. They're so beautiful. I'll never be like them. I am just not cut out to be a camgirl. I can't even get people to talk to me anymore. Am I really that boring? I'm gonna have to get another job. I suck.") I guarantee you that these thoughts go through almost every camgirl's mind when she's having a slow night, but especially when she's had a slow week/month. It's hard not to take it personally. But after we re-evaluate the situation (and have a couple GOOD token nights), we realize that it was just because of our attitude. So when I'm feeling less-than-100%, it's difficult to force myself to get dolled up and on cam, simply because I already know that I probably won't make my goal that night. Which in turn causes me to have those negative feelings. Which puts me in a negative mood the following day. And so on.

That's one of the main reasons why I struggle with logging on every day. As opposed to when I work a "normal job" and can just do the mindless tasks whether you're feeling worried or stressed. You know that as long as you complete your daily tasks, you'll still get paid a guaranteed amount. Even when you don't feel good.

One MFC model I spent a fair amount of time with a year or so ago told me she was going to rent a small "office" space to do her camming.

It's hard to see how a rented space could pay for itself unless one is a top model. But if it did work financially, it would address a lot of the work-from-home, self-employment problems.

It depends where she lives. I know that in my city, private office space can be had for a pretty low price.

I have the non-nude, non-privacy need for office space--- more so for 'co-working' space that gives many options such as just a desk or a semi-private office. Mainly because I get tired of working from home, I want to meet other people who are doing similar things and I'm very much an ambivert who needs to share ideas and siphon/build energy with/from other people.

I can find co-working facilities in my city for around $300 for a desk and around $500 for a private office.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia
Selling misleading videos.

I've just brought a B/G video. Not the cheapest video, but from a model I've frequented quite a bit. Hyped up significantly too.

The actual content turned out to just be a 5min handjob. The girl didn't even lose any clothes, and the family purely focused on the penis. To say I feel a bit cheated would be an understatement, as, although technically a B/G video, it's certainly not the content I was lead to believe.

Working from home is definitely a challenge, whatever your line of work is, especially if you're self-employed. For webcam models, the alternative would be...studios? Probably not. One MFC model I spent a fair amount of time with a year or so ago told me she was going to rent a small "office" space to do her camming, due mainly to scheduling conflicts with roommates. It's hard to see how a rented space could pay for itself unless one is a top model. But if it did work financially, it would address a lot of the work-from-home, self-employment problems.

It depends where she lives. I know that in my city, private office space can be had for a pretty low price.

I have the non-nude, non-privacy need for office space--- more so for 'co-working' space that gives many options such as just a desk or a semi-private office. Mainly because I get tired of working from home, I want to meet other people who are doing similar things and I'm very much an ambivert who needs to share ideas and siphon/build energy with/from other people.

I can find co-working facilities in my city for around $300 for a desk and around $500 for a private office.

Another aspect is not all homes have the best internet, especially rural locations. One model I know had to rent an office space (a trailer home) in town to do her camming from solely due to it having fast enough internet speed.

For me, personally, the hardest part of keeping a 'consistent schedule' is because I'm selling myself. My humor, my wit, my ability to not have any dead air for hours. So if I'm feeling even the least bit under the weather, or dreading something, or worrying about something, or even just really stressed out... I know that I'm not going to be the Iris that everyone expects.

So you are like a touring musician, public speaker, sales person...

Do models use any form of pre-cam routine to build up energy to get into character for camming? It would seem that camming, if a person had the self-awareness, would be a great self-acceptance, self-actualization and individuation inducing tool! I've seen one model write as much on her profile but I've seen others who simply make it a sort of cliche empowerment tool that they attach to a form of feminist empowerment via the left hand path, which is understandable but a rather routine path that many women fall into.

Selling misleading videos.

I've just brought a B/G video. Not the cheapest video, but from a model I've frequented quite a bit. Hyped up significantly too.

The actual content turned out to just be a 5min handjob. The girl didn't even lose any clothes, and the family purely focused on the penis. To say I feel a bit cheated would be an understatement, as, although technically a B/G video, it's certainly not the content I was lead to believe.
The family? Lord I hope that was a typo......

Another aspect is not all homes have the best internet, especially rural locations. One model I know had to rent an office space (a trailer home) in town to do her camming from solely due to it having fast enough internet speed.
Yep. This is an issue I have.

Additionally I suffer from a chronic illness...so sometimes I plan on be online and then 5 minutes later I feel like death.

Some models have children and babysitter/kid/family issues come into play.

A lot of girls pick this career because the hey hectic lives, kids or illnesses. They can't work traditional jobs.

It's British slang, innit :p

The kids say it a lot. It's short for "ain't it?" or "isn't it?". It kinda turns a declarative statement in to a rhetorical question. Like a less sophisticated version of "don't you think?".

"Oi, 2 + 2 = 4, innit"

It can also be used as an affirmative answer though.

"Ere, mate, 2 + 2 = 4, yeah?"
" Innit, fam!"

Oh! Okay, yeah I've heard it used it as a slang term for "Isn't it" (Ursula on The Little Mermaid said to Ariel "Life's full of tough choices, innit?"). :)

When you told BustyBonniex "I'm not saying you're not those things, innit," it looked like a substitution for the word "though." Lol.

So you are like a touring musician, public speaker, sales person...

Do models use any form of pre-cam routine to build up energy to get into character for camming? It would seem that camming, if a person had the self-awareness, would be a great self-acceptance, self-actualization and individuation inducing tool! I've seen one model write as much on her profile but I've seen others who simply make it a sort of cliche empowerment tool that they attach to a form of feminist empowerment via the left hand path, which is understandable but a rather routine path that many women fall into.

I always masturbate before I livestream. I cum more quickly after the first round which makes it easier to control my orgasms (I do a lot of private cum shows). It's not exactly getting mentally prepared, but orgasms make me happy, so it helps. I also take my time doing my makeup so I can focus on my goals for the day. At a certain point you realize that your followers really don't care about any traits you perceive as flaws (weight, nose shape, breast size, etc.), and knowing that you're more than your parts is very empowering in a culture that scrutinizes bodies (especially female) so thoroughly.

Custom videos.

Two models I liked, and I discussed customs with them, as both advertised them as being available. Content all agreed on, and they proposed the times they'd be available. With all that in place, I then made a payment to both in advance.

Since that point, there's been pretty much silence from both. The dates that they said they'd be ready have both passed, and communication has been nonexistent. It's annoying when it's the model that says the "delivered by" date, then misses it without so much as a brief "Sorry, something has came up and I'm slightly delayed" message.

it may not be the most annoying thing.. but it is a bit annoying.

The model post on twitter 'hi, i am online, come join me' with no link whatsoever to click in THAT moment to got to her room.

i am lazy... :(

Usually models have their link in their twitter bio. Try there?

yes, they have. Everyone has. But i just see the tweets in my twitter feed, i am not going from profile to profile. If i see a 'i am online' tweet i want to go to their room in that instant.. i don't want to click two more times to click the link in their twitter bio :p

This is important to remember as models. People who are in our cam rooms all the time probably have us bookmarked and will just pop right in. Casual/new viewers are going to want a link that they can click to see you, right in their faces.

When models won't answer questions about private outside of the private
For example:
Member: do you have any toys?
Model: click private and find out

Now if I was to go private, and the answer was no, I wouldn't be staying long enough to say goodbye.

I find that the models are much more willing to answer personal questions if they are included in a tip note.

When models won't answer questions about private outside of the private
For example:
Member: do you have any toys?
Model: click private and find out

Now if I was to go private, and the answer was no, I wouldn't be staying long enough to say goodbye.
Yeah I always answer basic questions.

But that being said when people start to ask what kind, show me, will you cum hard? Will you touch your pussy? Etc etc. These guys NEVER take us private. They get off simply on talking about it...which is why most models don't answer a ton of questions.

Yeah I always answer basic questions.

But that being said when people start to ask what kind, show me, will you cum hard? Will you touch your pussy? Etc etc. These guys NEVER take us private. They get off simply on talking about it...which is why most models don't answer a ton of questions.
It's a sad fact that 90% percent of people asking have zero intention of ever taking anyone private. tire kickers abound! I would suggest a small tip, like 5 tokens with a note like "may I ask you a question or two before private?" and you should be Okie dokie!

Status
Not open for further replies.