AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Password shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Requests like this come up every day, it seems.

So I figured we should talk about it!

My initial reaction (any time it's mentioned) is that it's too big of a change for MFC, which successfully operates on the "FREE" model. I think models would abuse the feature. Because of course many of us are frustrated (as are our biggest tippers) at "freeloaders". We could say right now that we wouldn't use it every day, but eventually even I would have trouble not giving in very frequently and just doing a show for those who tipped that day.

It could really change the feel of the site. And I like MFC, so I don't want it to change into something hugely different. I certainly don't want it to feel more like CB. :)

It could also create drama/uncomfortable scenarios with who you allow in to shows. That sounds stressful.

I don't know, I could be completely wrong. Maybe if there was a limit on how frequently/how many hours per week/month a model used it, it could be viable, but the possibility that at any given moment 90% of the rooms on the site were password protected is a scary thought.

Requests like this come up every day, it seems.

So I figured we should talk about it!

It could also create drama/uncomfortable scenarios with who you allow in to shows. That sounds stressful.

I don't know, I could be completely wrong. Maybe if there was a limit on how frequently/how many hours per week/month a model used it, it could be viable, but the possibility that at any given moment 90% of the rooms on the site were password protected is a scary thought.

I saw this tweet, glad you started a topic. I would love this. My suggestion on how to make it a bit less stressful would be to allow access to the private rooms based on model specified tipping amounts. So for example 200 tokens in the last 1 day or 1,000 tokens in the last week. This would eliminate the pleas from members for passwords. Finally, give Models a limited number of exemptions so that the guy who tipped you 100K last year, but has not been able to tip much this year, but you really enjoy in your room, can be in all of your sex shows. It is also a way of rewarding your top tier club members.

My question is why would it be bad if 90% if the sex shows were in private rooms? Wouldn't that send the right message to guys, if you want to see live sex shows you have to pay? Now obviously most countdowns, which would almost certainly include girls getting naked and some teasing, would be still public. I think this would take MFC back to the days when I first joined when there was a poorly enforced rule about no public masturbation.

I think this would work better than groups, which are now days used so infrequently that many new guys have no idea what they are about.

Caireen ran recently twitter poll that showed that among models roughly 1/3 got more than 20-40% of their income from their top tipper, and a 1/3 go more than 40%. (One of the responses to the poll was ">40% that's not your top tipper that's your employer."). Everyone agrees that this isn't good and it would better if models were supported by more tippers even if the total amounted earned didn't change.

I understand the business model of MFC is some percentage of guys will want to interact with the girls and after a while will pay for the privilege.
I know there are stories of guys who've been freeloader for years and then bought tokens. But I contend most moderate and whales started buying tokens pretty early on in their MFC experience. But more importantly, I think there are a ton more guys who are willing to pay money to see their favorite model masturbate, but as long as they can get it for free the see no reason to pay.

Reactions: moviedvd970 and Guy
A customer point of view;

You hit the nail on the head. It WILL be abused. Like back when models were allowed to set a thumbnail in place of their active cam on SM. Girls would just leave up a thumbnail in chats their entire session. Or in SM when models would put themselves into permanent pvt to get the one minute charges from people that wanted to take a peak.

Unfortunately the competition between sites is way to intense for them to allow models to segregate their audiences. limiting viewers is limiting maximum potential income.

Reactions: moviedvd970
The password option works on Chaturbate because the page is ordered by viewers, so the minute you go in a password your room drops all the way to page 5... Models will usually do password shows as rewards or at the end of the night before leaving. On MFC, if a high camscore model would do a password show she would be taking up space on the first rows but nobody could see her feed unless they had the password. It would require MFC to tweak that for this particular feature.

Because it changes the main aspect of MFC.

MFC is constantly changing. Miss MFC has been around for under 10 years, and even 5 years ago I wasn't the huge focus of the site now it is When I first joined MFC 6 years ago you weren't allowed to masturbate on cam. But you could still see naked girls doing sexy things. Two-three years ago public shows were all the rage. The site survived the banning of them.

I believe the only way 90% of the model would use this if they felt it was a fairer system, and it didn't cost them much money. Girls presumably including some of the top models would be free to continue doing exactly what they are doing today.

I think the main thing that would happen is we'd have less freeloaders

I don't think password-gated rooms would become the norm. Some models would use the feature more than others, but no model can afford to be that kind of exclusive in the long run.

MFC Models gain followings by having an open room. No matter how loyal a current following, it will wither if new members don't discover a model and become regular contributors. If the model locks herself away with a couple of dozen regs all the time, new members will never find her, and they won't ever get invited to password-gated rooms, and they won't ever support her.

Password shows sound good in theory and I more than understand model's frustrations of wanting to only reward guys who were contributing butttt.....

When I was on cb for a few years, the only guys who ever wanted password shows were guys who were too cheap to do a group show or private. None of my high tippers really cared if the show was done in public--if they wanted me to themselves we'd just go private anyway. The pressure/begging when there is a cheaper option available=annoying.

It was notoriously known for me as the "I don't wanna pay more bb so lets do password show" type of thing.

Plus, it would kill the chance of new tipper coming in and spending money.

I feel like if girls were doing password shows regularly it could mean a big loss of $$$ for the site and them.
How many times have you been camming when a new member comes into your room during a public show and jizzes crazy tokens everywhere!? This happens all the time on token sites

With group show already there, I don't see any incentive to make PW shows on MFC. If they made the option I don't think it would become a normal thing since it's limiting with money and time

Password shows sound good in theory and I more than understand model's frustrations of wanting to only reward guys who were contributing butttt.....

When I was on cb for a few years, the only guys who ever wanted password shows were guys who were too cheap to do a group show or private. None of my high tippers really cared if the show was done in public--if they wanted me to themselves we'd just go private anyway. The pressure/begging when there is a cheaper option available=annoying.

It was notoriously known for me as the "I don't wanna pay more bb so lets do password show" type of thing.

I feel like if girls were doing password shows regularly it could mean a big loss of $$$ for the site and them.
How many times have you been camming when a new member comes into your room during a public show and jizzes crazy tokens everywhere!? This happens all the time on token sites

With group show already there, I don't see any incentive to make PW shows on MFC. If they made the option I don't think it would become a normal thing since it's limiting with money and time

Summed up very nicely.

I don't think password shows would hurt MFc. Hang out until you reach goal. Give everyone who threw in the password. if throwing in a token to get the password is too much, they're not someone who will tip during a show anyway.

It really depends on how you use it. Guys will always beg for free shit, so obviously they will beg for a password show as well, but just ignoring them will do.

Password shows are one more tool in the arsenal. You can use it as a substitute for Skype. Some guys hate seeing their token balance dwindle in a private show and would rather pay a fixed amount upfront and then simply focus on enjoying themselves. There are also models who have clubs and want to have some way to reward their club members like doing movie nights, or other low key, low pressure show. You can use it like @JickyJuly said on those days where the room is dead but 2 generous guys tipped for the whole goal. I don't see how having one more tool could be bad for MFC.

Isn't that the same effect as the "group show"?

Seems different because it's not a per-minute charge. Hypothetically a model could say any tipper of any amount could watch the entire show, so anyone who tipped even one token could see the full show while anyone who didn't tip would miss it. Plus say your regular didn't tip that night, you could give him the password too so he could see the show.

I think it would be a good idea to add. I have noticed it a lot more since MFC made the change to so that the people who have tipped show up at the top of the room members list. In most rooms there are normally under 5 tippers and even in the most popular rooms with 1000+ vieweres there might only be 10-15 tippers. It's a great way to incentivise people to tip and reward the people that have already tipped.

The password option works on Chaturbate because the page is ordered by viewers, so the minute you go in a password your room drops all the way to page 5... Models will usually do password shows as rewards or at the end of the night before leaving. On MFC, if a high camscore model would do a password show she would be taking up space on the first rows but nobody could see her feed unless they had the password. It would require MFC to tweak that for this particular feature.

When a model goes to a private or group they automatically drop down to the bottom of the page already so it wouldn't be too hard for MFC to do the same for someone in a password show.

I think people are talking about different things now. Are we talking about;

1. A model simply putting a password on her room and people who know the passwords enter the protected room for free?

2. The tipper buys into the protected room? (like a SM gold show)

Seems different because it's not a per-minute charge. Hypothetically a model could say any tipper of any amount could watch the entire show, so anyone who tipped even one token could see the full show while anyone who didn't tip would miss it. Plus say your regular didn't tip that night, you could give him the password too so he could see the show.
I see your point.
If the password is for a "cumshow" (or similar) I guess it would work.
If models spend no free time on cam and are password shows all the time, I think it would hurt the model's income and exposure to new members.

Not to mention that if you contributed a good portion to a countdown towards a group show, you'll have less tokens for the show. That's something I always need to keep in mind. Or contributing to a countdown that takes so long to finish that you won't be able to stay for the group show... But that's another matter.

If I was still camming I would love not having the pressure of the pay per minute thing. Do I draw it out and get the most tokens I can? Do I go quickly so people don't "waste" their tokens? Do I just go with the flow (which is the logical answer, imo, but still)? It's a balancing act that I would enjoy not having to fuss over.

When a model goes to a private or group they automatically drop down to the bottom of the page already so it wouldn't be too hard for MFC to do the same for someone in a password show.

I completely forgot I changed my preferences a million years ago to show models in pvt/group at the top in their usual slot.

Yeah, they would have to do PW shows like that.

The OP tweet's idea of 'not every day use' would vary too wildly model to model. This would completely change MFC's fundamental structure. That's neither good nor bad, just a reality.

Think I agree with AmberCutie on pretty much everything.

If I was still camming I would love not having the pressure of the pay per minute thing. Do I draw it out and get the most tokens I can? Do I go quickly so people don't "waste" their tokens? Do I just go with the flow (which is the logical answer, imo, but still)? It's a balancing act that I would enjoy not having to fuss over.

Not to mention the 3 second assholes who jump in and out to see if they catch the fappable frame.

Reactions: SweetViolet_A

Another hypothetical - should models be allowed to change the per token minute for groups and privates?

I'd argue strongly "no". That would be hostile to the consumer/member, because a business/model could on a whim change anything because they feel like it. There would be no customer/member protection. However, businesses/models should be allowed to reach a consensus as a group, or at least allowed a say, in how much a site charges.

Not a perfect comparison but kinda works, think of what Comcast is doing now with their new caps and charging the extra $50 a month. Don't like it? Well...maybe there's competition, but for many, it won't be as good as what you had.

I liked cb's password shows way better than group shows on mfc. No tokens ticking away. No waiting for a person to join.

Another hypothetical - should models be allowed to change the per token minute for groups and privates?

Models can already do that, at least for privates, by accepting fewer tokens for Skype shows than the standard MFC rate.

If models could set their own rates, as they can on LJ or other private-oriented sites, a lot more sub-2k models would be spending time in private.

I'll give you a perfect example from this week why groups often don't work. SweetDee and Caireen had a tip war at the CamCasa event in Mexico. It was very successful 63,000+ tokens in 30 minutes. There were 20 odd large tippers. Although they had said keep 150-200 tokens for a group G/G show the contest was very tight with the winner literally being decided in the last minute, so many of us including both of their top tippers spent all of our tokens on the war. Dee doesn't do explicit shows in public and neither one were particularly excited about for performing for their closest 1200 friends when 97% had contributed nothing. The girls felt awful asking people who already contributed thousands of tokens to buy more, not to mention several of their top tippers were unable to buy tokens. This would have been the perfect time for password protected show.

We ended doing a group show only because I and couple other guys bought more tokens and transferred them to those who had run out. Still, I think were a couple of guys who were too proud to admit they needed tokens and missed the show.

The group had 65+ people in it or more than twice the number of large tippers. Which tells me two things. first, there are a lot of guys who are willing to spend money on watching sexy shows, but given the option to do so for free will do that. Second, there needs to be an easy way for members buy the "password" to a room, similar to spying on a private, joining a group, or an SM gold show.

How would a model communicate a password? Is she going to pm every person she wants to give it to? Seems like the model will be spending a lot of time working on pm's instead of interacting with the room. I realize it might only take a few seconds per pm but if she has a bunch.... And I think many of us know how much some guys like to talk and talk and talk in pm, will this add even more time away from the room for the model?

Reactions: AmberCutie
How would a model communicate a password? Is she going to pm every person she wants to give it to? Seems like the model will be spending a lot of time working on pm's instead of interacting with the room. I realize it might only take a few seconds per pm but if she has a bunch.... And I think many of us know how much some guys like to talk and talk and talk in pm, will this add even more time away from the room for the model?

That kind of stuff is what helpers are for.

Hmm I can see good and bad points to that. If a model could set her private rate at whatever she wanted then it would potentially help lower ranked models get more privates, on the other hand all the cheapskates would start pestering and pressuring models to lower their rates. Also if a model does say halve the rate to 30 tokens per minute for a private she has to work twice as long to make the same amount of money. I think it's probably best to leave it as it is.

TBH I'm surprised the private rate is still the same as it's always been, or at least what it's been since I discovered MFC. I would have expected it to go up at least a little with inflation. For any of the long time models or members has it always been the same rate for private True private and group?

Reactions: moviedvd970
I don't care for password shows.. I would rather see Apps added so the model can put up more fun and interesting things that involves members interacting with the room

Status
Not open for further replies.