AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2016
So I'm still kind of new to MFC, I've been a model for like 3 or 4 months actively. I have a person who watches all of my shows and is one of the main tippers of every one, without fail, AND bought me a few things on my wishlist. I feel like I should do something special to show my appreciation.

Do other models do this? If so what are some things you do?

You could give him a video if you have any
You could offer a photo set too, or even a custom video if you wish.
I suggest you don't rush though, as some guys will do this to get free stuff then post it to a clip site. Make sure the guy is as nice as he seems before giving away too much stuff.

Photosets are always nice. Or fan signs! Make him a personalized photo with his name written on you or something.

Edited to add : Pretty much anything personalized would be cool. Put his name in your profile as your "sweetheart" or "special thanks to". Or write his name somewhere that can be seen in your cam room. Stuff like that makes him feel special without going overboard :)

If the member has tipped generously, perhaps you could offer a Skype session on his birthday or something. It's hard to make a good suggestion without knowing either of you, though.

As to your general question: Yes, models do sometimes do special things for members who have supported them in a big way.

So I'm still kind of new to MFC, I've been a model for like 3 or 4 months actively. I have a person who watches all of my shows and is one of the main tippers of every one, without fail, AND bought me a few things on my wishlist. I feel like I should do something special to show my appreciation.

Do other models do this? If so what are some things you do?

It happens.. and some of the suggestions given are definately a good option. Be it a video, a photoset, a personalised sign.. heck even an own written erotic story in his mfc-mail can do wonders. Be creative :) And.. you are not the only one doing this..

One of the models I watch does a thank you card for the top five tippers each with the top three getting Polaroids as well.

Photosets are always nice. Or fan signs! Make him a personalized photo with his name written on you or something.

Edited to add : Pretty much anything personalized would be cool. Put his name in your profile as your "sweetheart" or "special thanks to". Or write his name somewhere that can be seen in your cam room. Stuff like that makes him feel special without going overboard :)
I would caution about adding him as your "sweetheart" on your profile until you know he's not going to become a "stalker" type.

If it's one guy you should just probably find out more of what we likes and suggest to him ways to cater to it a little more.

I personally prefer that attention and catering more than some unsolicited gesture. I had a favorite send me a photo set once that she thought was great but to me the pictures were worthless (not related to my fetish, outfits I didn't care for). When I did ask her from something extra she would go back to how she sent me the pictures I didn't ask for. Well things went south quickly after that.

If someone goes above and beyond I just give extra attention.
I will answer their emails in a relatively timely fashion, and even read them all the way through before responding.
I will respond to their kik messages within 48 hours, sometimes even within the hour they message.

I have never made extra work for myself, because when someone is tipping for shows theyre getting a show out of it. BUT I understand feeling the need to do more when someone i awesome. So I just gave extra attention. Saying hello when they came to my room, remembering the things we talked about. Giving them priority in show requests. I never wanted to create or cater to a member who expected me to center my life around them, or a member who expected double (sure you tipped a countdown for a show ... but you saw a live show, and now you want me to make a custom video too? NOPE).

Some members don't expect anything, I have asked a couple of former regs what I could do to show my appreciation when I first started, and literally they wanted nothing extra because they respected me and were tipping towards a service at the time. They basically trained me to realise the good guys know that I am already working and I don't owe anything beyond what they tip for. I think if I had just said "here have this free thing" it probably wouldn't have been as nice if say one of them asked for a photo for their desktop or something ... but none of them expected anything. SO I just made peace with myself and made sure to try and make them feel special in their time they spent with me.

I will answer their emails in a relatively timely fashion, and even read them all the way through before responding.
I will respond to their kik messages within 48 hours, sometimes even within the hour they message.

I have never made extra work for myself, because when someone is tipping for shows theyre getting a show out of it. BUT I understand feeling the need to do more when someone i awesome. So I just gave extra attention. Saying hello when they came to my room, remembering the things we talked about. Giving them priority in show requests. I never wanted to create or cater to a member who expected me to center my life around them, or a member who expected double (sure you tipped a countdown for a show ... but you saw a live show, and now you want me to make a custom video too? NOPE).

Some members don't expect anything, I have asked a couple of former regs what I could do to show my appreciation when I first started, and literally they wanted nothing extra because they respected me and were tipping towards a service at the time. They basically trained me to realise the good guys know that I am already working and I don't owe anything beyond what they tip for. I think if I had just said "here have this free thing" it probably wouldn't have been as nice if say one of them asked for a photo for their desktop or something ... but none of them expected anything. SO I just made peace with myself and made sure to try and make them feel special in their time they spent with me.

This is how I feel about it too. If there are ways to show your appreciation without having to give yourself too much extra work during your off-cam time, I think that's cool. The "But I did you a favor by taking you private (or "I was the only one tipping you that night!"), so can't you hook me up with some custom pics or something?" mentality of some of these guys needs to stop. Telling a cam girl that you "helped her out" by taking her private is laughable to me, actually. She worked to give you a show that you paid for. :)

Reactions: Ivy Adams and Gen
I do fansigns for the HT of each night, post them on twitter then hang on my wall every month. It doesn't cost me extra money or add stress to my plate, it's just a nice low key way to say "you did a thing and it was super cool!" but in the end it's good to remember most people are tipping for the thing you gave/were giving them already. You can quickly find yourself overwhelmed with "extras" in a way that negatively impacts your happiness. Soon over time other people will start expecting those extras or asking for them directly which completely takes away the whole point of a thanking gesture.
Example i used to do spanks for room regulars on their birthdays, but then people started expecting them... getting pissy about not getting them... getting pissy that i did them on a whim for one person but didn't do it for them... Oye.
Keep it simple newcomer, you'll be thankful you did.

I respect the hell out of a hard worker. And I pay and tip extra to show im happy with the service, Im not over paying. Sometimes it is just no priced high enough and I pay what its worth. Getting emails and pic makes me very happy. And talking to each other is great too. But I dont feel its owed. And like Serenity_Tam said never make extra work for your self. And if you are bringing in big tips and got a few regulars. And you feel like you should do something for them. First I would look over my rates. And time spent online. Could be time for you to rase the rates. Try to bring in more customers that pay what you are worth. I would shoot for making same amount or little more with less people. Over same amount with more people. Working harder with more people. Less people you can focuse on them and give even better shows. I would think. But dont do it because you feel you should. Do it because you want to do it. And keep it simple and sweet.

• Helpful!
Reactions: EmiliaSong
Status
Not open for further replies.