AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scariest game you've played

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer indie, strange games where a creepy atmosphere and eerie art / music convey a more subtle fear. The kind of experiences that don't really scare you, but make you uneasy.
Games like OFF, Yume Nikki or the excellent Middens and Gingiva.

I don't think it's playable on any system, or an emulator, as it was from back in 1995 and required Voodoo graphics card. But, Phantasmagoria would be a perfect fit for what you describe. Not overly scary. But, it was definitely suspenseful, and made the hair on my neck stand up more than a few times...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasmagoria_(video_game)

I'm not much of a gamer anymore. But, this is a game I'd love to see remade. Or, playable in an emulator.

Has anyone else played "Dementium: the ward"?

It's a Japanese horror on the nintendo ds, the two screens was great because it had your stats on one screen (heartbeat and stuff) and the action on the other. The monsters where horrible, especially the sounds and you had to put your flashlight down in order to shoot so wjen something was coming towards you you'd have to plunge yourself into the dark in order to shoot.

the evil within!! so fucked up

Reactions: CharlotteDusk
I'm not a fan of horror/scary games (i get paranoia after) but when I got my PC for the first time, I had Doom 3 installed. This game took my breath several times! Another game (the las of this kind) i've played was FEAR, damn this little girl appearing from nowere...brrrr:arghh:

Reactions: swagger
Honestly? Phantasmagoria 2. Not only was it scary as fuck, but it was scary on a psychological level (instead of slow build or jumpscares). This game actually made me think I was losing my shit (me, not the video game character I was playing) because it did it's job that well. Seconding (thirding?) Eternal Darkness.

Any game that makes me question my sanity in real life is worthy of the "Scariest Game" title to me, haha!

Honestly? Phantasmagoria 2. Not only was it scary as fuck, but it was scary on a psychological level (instead of slow build or jumpscares). This game actually made me think I was losing my shit (me, not the video game character I was playing) because it did it's job that well. Seconding (thirding?) Eternal Darkness.

Any game that makes me question my sanity in real life is worthy of the "Scariest Game" title to me, haha!

I never played the second. But, did play the original Phantasmagoria and commented on it here. How was it compared to the first?

Reactions: MemberBlasts
I never played the second. But, did play the original Phantasmagoria and commented on it here. How was it compared to the first?

I thought the pace/scares in the first were pretty tame compared to the second. Plus, it's significantly (or it was for me) harder puzzle wise than the first.

the evil within!! so fucked up

I've been dying to play this you just made me want to buy it tonight :) - I actually think I will!!

I've been dying to play this you just made me want to buy it tonight :) - I actually think I will!!
it was so hard but so intense
loved it

Reactions: BiancaBaker
I thought the pace/scares in the first were pretty tame compared to the second. Plus, it's significantly (or it was for me) harder puzzle wise than the first.

Interesting. I'm one whom prefers a slower paced thriller than a fast-paced gorefest. By this, I'm referring to stories that fuck with the mind, and put you on the edge of your seat. But, it's done without directly showing the brutality.

As to puzzles in games, I'm more after the story. While I don't mind puzzles, or some difficult challenges, if it's made too difficult I tend to lose interest quickly. I tend to play games to relax and enjoy while allowing my mind to unwind. If I have to think too much, I won't finish the game.

Honestly i was genuinely terrified when i first ever played the first bioshock game. otherwise i dont really ever play scary games haha, amnesia was shiiiit but i remember playing it when i was like 13/14 and i screamed super loud.... my mum came in and asked me to stop screaming like a man. I guess my voice went hella deep in fear hahahaha

Totally agree on Phantasmagoria - played it when it first came out on seven glorious CDs!

Yep, I remember the stack of CD's in came on. It was fun. But, damn those disc drives were noisey when loading... Kind of like Wing Commander and a few other games.

Kind of miss the old storyline games such as them.

Another popular game from back in the day, of this same style was "American McGee's Alice". Never played it though.

And looks like another reboot called "Alice: Madness Returns

Fallout 3. x-x I am honestly a wimp with horror-anything and the game just gets so spooky. I'd be happy playing Fallout entirely in the pre-war times.
i get so freaked out in some of the places in new vegas hahaha i feel you so much on this xD the atmosphere itself is the thing that gets scary i think!

Outlast make me scream everytime, I can't even pass the situations, my boyfriend plays them for me because I get to fucking scared!

I played a VR game this afternoon called Face Your Fears, which scared the crap out of me because I was just sitting in my "bed" and this terrifying smeagol-exorcist cross was crawling all over my walls and making weird noises. People told me later that I was slowly curling up, wimpering a bit, and doing breathing excersizes. It sounds bland in writing but I have NEVER been so scared. VR is so real!

I remember playing a Resident Evil game back in high school that I played about 10 minutes of before I had to stop haha.
One time I played Call of Duty and did the zombie thing with a friend and I started crying haha. The zombies got me and I freaked out.

I am so easily spooked and so scared of water that I quit playing Subnautical and Abzu only a few minutes in:nailbiting:. The scariest actual horror game I survived playing was the first Amnesia game though. Truly unsettling. Played without sound and during daylight and in public places only.

Status
Not open for further replies.