AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Before reading this thread, a reminder: the site is still in beta-testing and not even officially beta launched, so to speak, so if you try it out, do not judge it on traffic and room size. There is no advertising going on for the site at all yet!

I have been dying to chat with everyone about this since I started helping them test it, and now it's finally being rolled out enough that I feel OK making this post!

MFC has a new version of their site called Cammunity. It's currently in very early beta and not officially launched yet. It's for MFC models to log in and hang out with members with no worry of camscore. It's completely non-nude and will have similar rules to Youtube, Instagram and Twitch.

Tokens received (tips work the same, and members use their current MFC tokens/buy more tokens on MFC to use at Cammu) all still go on the model's MFC account. As far as I've been told, the tokens do positively affect her MFC rank and score just like an offline tip would.

I logged on for the initial test last Wednesday evening to give them some feedback and help find some bugs, now Harli is testing it out and everything looks awesome! I've got a couple more notes I'm sending in today to help them get some final tweaks underway, and hopefully we'll see it in a grander scale soon. :)

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 11.54.30 AM.png

They have a really cool interface for profiles on Cammunity, and I love how customizable it is without even using any html. :)

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.03.43 PM.png

So as we get to learn more about the new site, let's discuss it here!

Edit to add: I created a separate thread with a super basic profile editing step by step tutorial too!

Last edited:
I can see how this can be helpful for those models who are completely non-sexual and non-nude, or those who want to hang out with members without the pressure of tipping.
AdminLeo said in Brielle's room that they won't allow underwear or revealing bathing suits (what's "revealing" though??).
Screenshot_1.png

From my point of view - if I can't do anything sexual or tease at least, or wear revealing outfits, then my chances of being tipped are low. If I'm not getting tipped on cam, I'd rather work on stuff that brings me money offline, second job, content editing and filming etc. I wouldn't be so happy to hang out if viewers have a valid reason not to tip, since there's no camscore. But that's from the point of view where camming is a job.

I'm thinking maaaaybe it would be ok for non-nude non-teasy findom/femdom but we're not allowed to be sexual as far as I understand so not sure how that would work out.
We'll just have to wait for official rules I guess.

It seems like a great alternative to Twitch for artists and such, who want to share themselves with the world and don't treat it as their job.

I love how each model's room has had the question "wait, can we cuss here?!" hehe. Non nude doesn't mean PG in that sense. People on Youtube and Twitch and Facebook cuss. :)

or those who want to hang out with members without the pressure of tipping.
I think that's ultimately the bottom line right now. Maybe keeping it "flirty" instead of "sexual" would be a good way to think of it.

If a model only wants to sexualize herself on cam, probably best to stick to MFC.

I just love the fact that you can hang out with your regs as long as you'd like without hurting your camscore. There have been plenty of times where my room is small but with some of my best supporters, who maybe aren't tipping as much, but I have to log off otherwise my CS will tank. This way I can kick it with them! Yay!

I'm not stoked on the idea of it helping camscore but not hurting, honestly that seems pretty unfair. if it doesn't hurt the score it shouldn't help it either.

Yeah, personally, I don't see the point in even involving cam score if it isn't on cammunity. I DO think it's an awesome idea! I'm not non-nude but I'm not nude either? I'm like... in between? Lol. A boob model? So this will be great most nights for me if it works the way I think it will.

I just want password protected rooms. :blush:

I'm not stoked on the idea of it helping camscore but not hurting, honestly that seems pretty unfair. if it doesn't hurt the score it shouldn't help it either.

This doesn't make sense to me.. so.. if my camscore has fallen, I can log in on Cammunity for hours and hours to make tokens to boost it? This actually would privilege the less-sexual camgirls/hangout/non-sexual models a lot, on both platforms.

This seems awesome. I hate camming sexually on MFC, but I have a handful of regulars there that I like to chat and chill with. Definitely interested in where this is going.

Reactions: Gen
This doesn't make sense to me.. so.. if my camscore has fallen, I can log in on Cammunity for hours and hours to make tokens to boost it? This actually would privilege the less-sexual camgirls/hangout/non-sexual models a lot, on both platforms.

Yeah this seems like it could be exploited very easily.

Aside from using this site on days where I play video games or bake cookies on cam, but also imagine days you don't feel 100% but your regulars just wanna hang out and tip you for a bit. Less pressure to be "turned ON" and glammed up and fully ready to stripdance and dildo yourself. Lay on the sofa with your regulars for an hour and give them the face time they enjoy without having to hustle for an hourly token rate...

Yeah this seems like it could be exploited very easily.
I imagine they will look into ways to avoid this or change it, keep in mind this is in total beta mode right now.

I agree with everyone's general gist of the whole cam score thing... It really doesn't make sense as to why camming on Cammu would boost your camscore. Does MFC just want to encourage girls to stay online for longer so that they make more money? That might not be correct as I think making content and working offline is where I make most of my money and make my cam shows really awesome...

I guess my overall opinion is: I ain't got time for that (except for on rare occasions) but I'd like to try it for stuff like music shows. Could be cool, could be not-my-thing.

While this is a great idea and all, I don't know what MFC is trying to accomplish. They're sending mixed messages about what this new site's true intent and purpose is (and this is just going based on your forum post, Amber).

Like I could see if they want a new camming website that could be potentially "Family Friendly" (like Twitch and Youtube, as Amber mentioned in her initial post), that they could separate completely from MFC and bring in casual streamers. But they aren't going this route. You can tell this because you can still log into Cammunity with your MyFreeCams member account, have the same tokens between the two, you can still see when girls streaming on MFC are online (you'll have to click an extra link to go watch them on MFC tho), and you can see your Chat archives from the other site.

Sure, having a website just for Non-nude, chill hangouts is great and all, but what can Cammunity offer that Twitch doesn't already offer? TBH it's much easier to make money on Twitch because the donation program they use doesn't take that big of a cut out of the viewer's donation (basically a user can choose to donate $20 and the streamer receives $20, without that token in-between). Twitch also has Chat moderator bots (that are better than Charles no offense) and other in-chat applications that can be used, a feature that has been LONG requested for MFC to implement. Twitch also allows streamers to stream with OBS and xSplit, which are WAY better versions of Manycams. There are many more but I'm not here to tell you to go stream on Twitch lol.

Basically it looks like the only thing Cammunity has going for it, is a way for Models to stream casually, with their usual regulars present, and can be online all day without worrying about the dreaded (gradually decreasing) Camscore ruining their chance at being seen. This just all seems like a long-about way of not having to remove Camscore from the main MFC site, while somewhat pleasing the models who don't want cam-score. TBH they should just get rid of Camscore altogether and then you wouldn't need a separate site like this to have casual streamers be seen.

In summary, I personally don't see this new website taking off, because unless MFC takes drastic steps to separate Cammunity from MyFreeCams, the general public and media is still going to see it as being affiliated and strongly associated with the Adult Camming site known as MyFreeCams, and therefore are still only going to draw in mainly Adult (pervy) viewers. They will also need to bring forth MANY new features (new to MyFreeCams) to make it decent competition for sites like Twitch and Youtube, in terms of live streaming PG-13 content. Way too many things make streaming on the other platforms BETTER than on Cammunity, from that point of view.

This is just my opinion.

Is it just me, or do the screenshots make it look like this has a better cam quality than normal MFC?
It's the same video options as MFC, so I think you're just seeing things. :)

chill hangouts is great and all, but what can Cammunity offer that Twitch doesn't already offer?
You're asking the wrong question. What can Cammunity offer that MFC doesn't? The ability for the site to advertise in much more mainstream places, as well as MFC models already having a following and regulars to hang out with there.

You're asking the wrong question. What can Cammunity offer that MFC doesn't? The ability for the site to advertise in much more mainstream places, as well as MFC models already having a following and regulars to hang out with there.

This could be true if Cammunity could somehow hide/remove the relation to MyFreeCams as common knowledge, otherwise everyone will know it's just a place where you could see someone chilling, who normally gets nude and does sexual things most of the time (which could be discovered through Twitter accounts etc).

Reactions: weirdbr
This could be true if Cammunity could somehow hide/remove the relation to MyFreeCams as common knowledge, otherwise everyone will know it's just a place where you could see someone chilling, who normally gets nude and does sexual things most of the time (which could be discovered through Twitter accounts etc).
Over time I would imagine they'd make it a much harsher separation, but I think it's smart to ease current users into the idea by linking them. Just my opinion though.

Over time I would imagine they'd make it a much harsher separation, but I think it's smart to ease current users into the idea by linking them. Just my opinion though.
You're not wrong. It is smart to pull from the current users. I honestly hope the best and hope Cammunity turns into something great. Only time will tell I guess.

Yeah, personally, I don't see the point in even involving cam score if it isn't on cammunity. I DO think it's an awesome idea! I'm not non-nude but I'm not nude either? I'm like... in between? Lol. A boob model? So this will be great most nights for me if it works the way I think it will.

I just want password protected rooms. :blush:
I see this in the settings :O
149d578724.png

Status
Not open for further replies.