AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I realize this is going for a SFW theme.....I wonder if we will still be allowed to sell or have members tip for sexual content. Such as videos or picture sets.

Or if we are allowed to advertise for explicit content i.e. tip 100tokens for masturbation video

Or if we are allowed to link to pages with adult content on it

Right, but on a service like Twitch, you don't really need to worry about that. Most of the time, streamers dont use a system like "Donate $20 and i'll do this thing." They do more of a "Donate and I'll look at/read your message." So even if a $5 tip does get charged back, sure it sucks, but its not like the streamer did anything for free, if they stream smart.

But those streamers that get $100s or even $1000+ donations, if those get charged back, that hurts. And it has happened. A few streamers on Twitch have had chargebacks numbering in the thousands of dollars.

I believe that's the plan, at least in the short term.

So, short term it's literally just non-nude MFC. Essentially, it only has benefits for members who just want to hang out, whether the model is nude or not, and not feel guilty about not tipping. Or it also benefits certain social models in that they can stay on for longer and not worry about camscore, while still potentially earning tokens to help their MFC camscore and rank.

The current glitches visiting it in the same browser as MFC are annoying as fuck, though. Emotes stop working and you can't chat in PMs, only rooms. I might have to reboot my entire PC to fix this, as refreshing the site didn't work.

EDIT those issues seem resolved on their own, now.

Last edited:
Camgasm, chaturbates attempt at a non-nude site didn't go so well. Maybe MFC will be different ‍♀️

I took a look as soon as I saw your post. As of this writing there are only seven models on Camgasm, as opposed to 34 pages of models on Chaturbate. Of those seven, about half are doing stuff that belong on CB.

So yeah, it would look to me that CB has given up on Camgasm. Hopefully Cammunity has a better time of it.

I took a look as soon as I saw your post. As of this writing there are only seven models on Camgasm, as opposed to 34 pages of models on Chaturbate. Of those seven, about half are doing stuff that belong on CB.

So yeah, it would look to me that CB has given up on Camgasm. Hopefully Cammunity has a better time of it.

Camgasm now has an 18+ warning. It looks like it's just another Chaturbate, now.

EDIT: also the emotes are only partially working. For some of them you have to wait for it to appear from the command, then copy image address and then paste that in the chat.

Let me give you an example that is a bit extreme - two models that earn the same amount of tokens over the same amount of time with the same style of camming (assuming non-nude), one working exclusively on MFC and the other splitting her time between the two sites. Why should the model who worked on Cammunity be given a considerably higher camscore and hence higher placement when she goes on MFC? They did effectively the same job.
I have absolutely NO idea what their plan is with this, just spitballing, but what if they're using camscore boost as incentive at first to encourage girls to use Cammu while it gets up and running? Would that make any sense? Could be helpful while the site is in building mode, I suppose.

Or what if they ARE using it to help lower camscore models gain some traction? As I said, I dunno what their plan is.

will try the site out sometime and see if i can make tokens on there , im mostly non nude anyway and mfc i been horrible lately for me so if this new site helps me being myself and still make tokens then i wll move on there ! will see ! im still waithing for more info from mfc

On the emote issue - it's server-side. From the dev console on chrome when I try to use an emote:

player.html?broadcaster_id=0&cache_id=1497911010&target=main:1 GET http://api.myfreecams.com/parseEmote?a0=msmh&&0.9894102505390185 500 (Internal Server Error)
ParseEmoteInput.AjaxSend @ ParseEmoteInput.js:292
ParseEmoteInput.Process @ ParseEmoteInput.js:156
SendChat @ player.html?broadcaster_id=0&cache_id=1497911010&target=main:11107
Send @ player.html?broadcaster_id=0&cache_id=1497911010&target=main:10900
KeyDown @ player.html?broadcaster_id=0&cache_id=1497911010&target=main:10803
onkeydown @ player.html?broadcaster_id=0&cache_id=1497911010&target=main:1

but what if they're using camscore boost as incentive at first to encourage girls to use Cammu while it gets up and running? Would that make any sense?

That's a possibility, but I feel like just the promise of being online with no impact to camscore (in either direction) would be enough to attract a lot of models for random no-stress hanging out or models who dislike camscore in general.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Kind of excited about this. I never pop on MFC anymore, but I miss hanging out having a drink with the dudes. Will be fun to get my pseudo MFC fix sometimes! I'm guessing letting it benefit camscore will be short term as incentive for models to try it?

Camgasm now has an 18+ warning. It looks like it's just another Chaturbate, now.

EDIT: also the emotes are only partially working. For some of them you have to wait for it to appear from the command, then copy image address and then paste that in the chat.

Camgasm was never intended to be non-nude, it was intended to be a private based site (like Streamate) where nudity is against the rules in public chat because it's supposed to happen in privates exclusively.
Whether or not they're actually enforcing that rule I have no idea.

I've been dying to know more ever since I saw you post about being online the other day on Twitter!! I'm excited, because this is the thing that might bring Me out of My camming hiatus!!! I've been offcam for a few years honestly, because I didn't feel that mainstream camming fit Me or My goals anymore. I can't wait to hear more, && to try it out!!

I have been dying to chat with everyone about this since I started helping them test it, and now it's finally being rolled out enough that I feel OK making this post!

MFC has a new version of their site called Cammunity. It's currently in very early beta and not officially launched yet. It's for MFC models to log in and hang out with members with no worry of camscore. It's completely non-nude and will have similar rules to Youtube, Instagram and Twitch.

Tokens received (tips work the same, and members use their current MFC tokens/buy more tokens on MFC to use at Cammu) all still go on the model's MFC account. As far as I've been told, the tokens do positively affect her MFC rank and score just like an offline tip would.

I logged on for the initial test last Wednesday evening to give them some feedback and help find some bugs, now Harli is testing it out and everything looks awesome! I've got a couple more notes I'm sending in today to help them get some final tweaks underway, and hopefully we'll see it in a grander scale soon. :)

View attachment 71129

They have a really cool interface for profiles on Cammunity, and I love how customizable it is without even using any html. :)

View attachment 71130

So as we get to learn more about the new site, let's discuss it here!

Reactions: AmberCutie
I like the idea of offering an alternative by creating a non nude, non sexual site. However, I don't understand why it is linked to MFC then. To me they should be totally separate entities or merged into MFC...not this pseudo separate site.
Yes, I get that models like in its current form because they can log on, chat, and receive tips without it hurting their cam score, but they don't need a completely separate site to do that. They could create a non nude tab on MFC and just make it so that cam score isn't affected when in "non nude mode". Or they could open up member cams to model accounts and allow tips. I don't understand the need for an entirely different site. Rather than building a new site, why not add options and features to enhance their existing site...which is arguable the most successful (but dated) site in the business?

Reactions: Neudiin
I like the idea of offering an alternative by creating a non nude, non sexual site. However, I don't understand why it is linked to MFC then. To me they should be totally separate entities or merged into MFC...not this pseudo separate site.
Yes, I get that models like in its current form because they can log on, chat, and receive tips without it hurting their cam score, but they don't need a completely separate site to do that. They could create a non nude tab on MFC and just make it so that cam score isn't affected when in "non nude mode". Or they could open up member cams to model accounts and allow tips. I don't understand the need for an entirely different site. Rather than building a new site, why not add options and features to enhance their existing site...which is arguable the most successful (but dated) site in the business?

TBH They probably didn't do it for the ease of themselves, but more for the models... If you noticed one of the things mentioned was the ease of building these new profiles. Having a separate site gives the girls with any family members or friends who may click on it and see it, a little but of a cushion to say " hey we are just talking"... Plus it opens up their network to help cultivate career outside of simply streaming... musicians and artists just to name a few..

This is so amazing and as a model of the community I think it is incredible they will spend that little extra for our feelings.... no matter how insignificant they seem to the rest of the world =]

Hmmm this is interesting. It would be nice to utilize this on the nights you just don't feel like using dildos & oil ;) However, I'm also afraid it will make the freeloaders come out in full force. "Well you're not naked so why should I tip you" kinda thing. We will see I guess!

They could create a non nude tab on MFC
That would continue to hinder their ability to advertise and take advantage of the mainstream market.I can see why they're making it a pseudo-separate site for now, probably planning to further separate them in the future to expand their capabilities. There's so many limits on what nude sites are able to do.

Do you need to be invited to try the beta? Sorry one of my friends sent me a message about it but I can't seem to really broadcast on it....
I wonder if they turned it off, I thought earlier this morning girls were just logging in with their MFC user/pw.

I think this could be pretty great!

I understand people's points about it seeming unfair that tips will still count towards camscore. But then camscore isn't exactly a fair system to begin with. This could encourage some girls to spend a bit more time online developing relationships with regulars, or encourage them to put the hours in to boost their score rather than cut their hours down. It could make MFC a less brutal site for some of the girls starting out who didn't instantly succeed. Yes it could be abused with girls who gain giant tips, but realistically, a few hours on the chat version of the site probably won't make that big a difference seeing as these girls get big offline and online tips anyway.
I think it's also a great idea in terms that it uses the social side of the site and gives girls a place to enjoy "down time" with members that isn't "work". Lots of girls spend time chatting to members offline, and some even stay on a bit longer with few tips because they're enjoying the chat. This gives a platform for this to happen without drawing people off site.

I think it might be a good place for girls to go when things are getting slow tips wise but they don't want to log off and ruin the flow, so they could move things to the other site for a more relaxed time before going back to the main site when things seem a bit busier. I also think it is a great platform for girls to try out more artistic non nude shows where they can express their creativity, or chill and play games with members. Essentially it is a great way to gain promotion and try out new things without being punished with a low camscore.

I think it is good that it is still connected to the site, because it is essentially promotion for the main site, or a branch for those who find the main site too sexual, or just want the company element. But by being connected to the sexual part of the site it keeps its routes. Twitch for example is a platform I have considered and eliminated as an option. Reason being, it is too focused on the games, and while I enjoy playing computer games, I am more interested in the chat. Secondly, I am pretty sure you need to have been streaming for a while to start earning money from it. And thirdly, I cannot connect it to my myfreecams profile. It is completely different. I would want to use it for a place to go when I don't feel up to doing sex shows and just want to hang out and still make a bit of money, but it doesn't really give me that. MFC having a second site on the other hand could offer me those things.

It's definitely not without flaws though, I can see how if you're someone who cams solely for money that it encourages a "don't worry about tipping me! I'll just log on to the chat site!" and no longer can girls say "I need x money in this time or I'm logging off because of camscore, it's not because I'm here for money, it's all camscore, promise!". I can see how this might also raise a level of member entitlement to a models time. "X model came and hung out with us for 3 hours! She clearly cares more than you do!".

I honestly think the most beneficial part of having a side site would be to remove camgirl camscore anxiety and keeping girls in the flow even when they don't feel great. I make some money when I don't do sexual things, but I don't make loads. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for sexy times, or even to get naked. If I log on in my room just to chill, I not only harm my camscore, I will also get passers through saying I'm being boring or demanding I do sexy stuff. On a site labelled as non nude it pretty much makes it clear that nothing extra is going to happen and that you're in down time rather than performing monkey mode. It might encourage the more "I only have half an hour to an hour but want to pop in and say hi", then you realise lots of people are online and decide to move to the main site and have a great session. Or just stay on your half an hour to make an appearance. Like everyone says, camming is about consistency, so this could help some girls get a foot in the door and get used to regular camming without anxiety.

That would continue to hinder their ability to advertise and take advantage of the mainstream market.I can see why they're making it a pseudo-separate site for now, probably planning to further separate them in the future to expand their capabilities. There's so many limits on what nude sites are able to do.
As long as they're tied to MFC I can't see how they can market it all to the mainstream market...if by mainstream you mean non adult oriented.

Reactions: Guy
idk- Im checking it out and bummed everyone always has models banned from their rooms but I like it! I may log into my custie account just to check it out more.
this would be great for no pressure on anyone (including members) to worry about tips and get an idea for who is who
everyone points to MFC being a community oriented site- then people shit bricks because theres an affiliate site thats pg? how is a non nude on a strict rules based site going to take away from nude or even other non-nude models that prefer to stay on the x-rated site?
also- i saw the word segregation being used (not here) and thats nuts- no one is forcing anyone to use it- it isn't segregation

I honestly would much rather have it be attached to mfc to direct traffic I may not otherwise get in THAT side of things. I may be way off on that thought but honestly- I'd love to just sculpt, drink coffee and shoot the shit with people because I've seriously only had a handful of dudes tip out of the gate coming into my room- I'd rather cultivate some sort of relationship and have a firmer line to draw for just shooting the shit

regarding cam score I dont think lower models that are struggling horribly are suddenly going to jump up being on an affiliate site- fair unfair- whatever- when has anything about camscore been fair?
I'd be shocked if some 800 score girl suddenly made a 5000 score in a week of putting in round the clock hrs

Slightly different angle, this will allow MFC to pour even more advertising dollars into the sites. Assuming no direct links from CM to MFC, that opens them up to Google Adwords and Bing Ads, plus Facebook, Twitter, etc. Models can build word of mouth back to MFC, thus getting around all content restrictions those advertising platforms have. Potentially, at least.

TBH They probably didn't do it for the ease of themselves, but more for the models... If you noticed one of the things mentioned was the ease of building these new profiles. Having a separate site gives the girls with any family members or friends who may click on it and see it, a little but of a cushion to say " hey we are just talking"... Plus it opens up their network to help cultivate career outside of simply streaming... musicians and artists just to name a few..

This is so amazing and as a model of the community I think it is incredible they will spend that little extra for our feelings.... no matter how insignificant they seem to the rest of the world =]
As a profile designer I'm intrigued to see how the new profile system works, but they could probably also implement that on MFC. As for opening up the network to musicians and artists and more, I'm not sure that'll happen as long as they're basically a mirror site to MFC. I don't see a musician opening up an account, knowing that their profile will also be on an adult site. If its separate and has no affiliation to MFC other than ownership then sure, it'll compete with sites like YouNow, but with that link to MFC I think it'll remain MFC models only...with the very odd exception.

Reactions: NicaJade
AmberCutie, do you feel the platform/backend is much more developed or advanced than MFC? Or is it basically a reskin? Could CM be the beta test for MFC version whatever 2.0, and a worthwhile temporary platform during a massive platform migration?

However, I'm also afraid it will make the freeloaders come out in full force. "Well you're not naked so why should I tip you" kinda thing. We will see I guess!

Um, models aren't getting naked nor doing sexual things there, according to its own rules. So how are people freeloading? They're not sitting there, not tipping, while others tip for nudity and shows when it's a non-nude site.

I don't think this should be seen as a "tip me for existing" type thing. If models want tips for their time, then stay on MFC, where they can set goals and incentives for members to tip towards. Expecting tips just for showing up, either on MFC or Cammu, is a sense of entitlement that is beyond words. I wouldn't expect the tipping to be anywhere near the potential of MFC; even Harli only got a few 5-10 token tips here and there while on it, and she normally makes a hell of a lot more in the same time frame. There's no nudity countdowns. There's no show countdowns. there's no groups or privates. Any tips recieved should be looked at like the donations on Twitch, because people feel like tipping.

AmberCutie, do you feel the platform/backend is much more developed or advanced than MFC? Or is it basically a reskin? Could CM be the beta test for MFC version whatever 2.0, and a worthwhile temporary platform during a massive platform migration?
It's just a non-nude version of MFC.

Everything looks the same on the model's side.

Reactions: Yavin4MFC
Status
Not open for further replies.