AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been dying to chat with everyone about this since I started helping them test it, and now it's finally being rolled out enough that I feel OK making this post!

MFC has a new version of their site called Cammunity. It's currently in very early beta and not officially launched yet. It's for MFC models to log in and hang out with members with no worry of camscore. It's completely non-nude and will have similar rules to Youtube, Instagram and Twitch.

Tokens received (tips work the same, and members use their current MFC tokens/buy more tokens on MFC to use at Cammu) all still go on the model's MFC account. As far as I've been told, the tokens do positively affect her MFC rank and score just like an offline tip would.

I logged on for the initial test last Wednesday evening to give them some feedback and help find some bugs, now Harli is testing it out and everything looks awesome! I've got a couple more notes I'm sending in today to help them get some final tweaks underway, and hopefully we'll see it in a grander scale soon. :)

View attachment 71129

They have a really cool interface for profiles on Cammunity, and I love how customizable it is without even using any html. :)

View attachment 71130

So as we get to learn more about the new site, let's discuss it here!
DUDE I'm so gonna do this.

It's the same video options as MFC, so I think you're just seeing things. :)

Just checked out Harli's cam on there and it seemed clearer than the last time I saw her on MFC. Brielle's on MFC right now and her cam doesn't look as good as the screenshot posted.

Guess I'll have to compare Halri's cam next time I see her on MFC.

I see this in the settings :O
149d578724.png
That is a member cam settings. The same exists on MFC right now.

Does anyone have any info on how CB's non-nude site is doing? I don't know if comparisons can be made but it might give an idea as to how Cammunity might be received.

Personally, I think it's a good alternative. I've seen models move over to Twitch when they just wanted to chill. Now they don't have to.

Probably gonna try it out for gaming nights since I won't have to worry about cam score.

Reactions: JennaKate
I've seen models move over to Twitch when they just wanted to chill.
In my experience, Twitch is so vastly different than what MFC members are used to as far as the interface goes that it was hard to bring over my full group of friends. A few of my dedicated regulars would come join me to play games there, but some had a hard time navigating the options or chatting at all. While Cammunity's interface has some snazzy new icons and color, in general it still feels familiar and will help welcome members more so than having a completely separate site.

I'm probably the style of cammer this site should excite but I honestly think this could hurt my business more than help me - and perhaps hurt a lot of ladies who have similar styles to mine.

I'm nude or partially nude a lot but I also do lots of artsy things and consider myself a hangout model. Over time, I can see there being pressure from members to log onto Cammunity more 'to not hurt camscore' when in reality it's 'let's hang out longer *bonus* we don't have to tip you as much'. I would feel like I'm going back to Chaturbate - where that was clearly the sentiment for my style of camming. I made the right choice switching to MFC and have done far better there than I ever did on CB. I really like cam score because it keeps me on my toes and is a visual reminder to members that if you want me around I need to be tipped. It keeps both myself and members accountable.

I'm not sold on this branch of MFC... gives me a weird feeling.

P.S. I also strongly agree, Cammunity tips should not count towards cam score --- seems very unfair.

I just had a look, not very impressed with it. Does everything has to be icons nowadays? I have trouble figuring out what the icons underneath the webcam mean, I hate having to mouse over something to find out what it is. I prefer the text links of MFC.

Some things to keep in mind over the next few months while this site comes to fruition:

• It's brand new and in beta mode. (Hell it hasn't even been officially announced as beta yet! lol.) Lots of things could be added, changed, or removed based on how things are going.
  • Numbers can be skewed right at the beginning due to a lot of hype and talk about something new and shiny. Once it's launched, we'll probably will have to let things even out before anyone can really judge how they're affected.

How many model's are just planning to use the new site to hustle for a countdown without hurting their camscore? Tip X and then we can swap over to the other site and get the real show started type deal.
Definitely an obvious question and worry. Here's my initial thoughts on it via a tweet I just replied to:
Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 2.52.09 PM.png

I'm sending in today to help them get some final tweaks underway

One thing I noticed I don't like about, and I'm hoping you can mention to Leo, is the friends list. Currently ALL mfc models i have on my friends list, are also showing up on Cammu. I don't need to see everyone if I'm visiting there, just the ones actually signed in on that site.

Love the idea! Also for those saying it isn't fair, how not? Making goals while being non nude is hard for most. So that is kind of a fair trade off imo. Also for those of us who struggle with CS, this seems like the aid we just might need. It is so hard to achieve a higher CS when you're umpteen rows down the page & if you're like me who had a terrible start it's even harder.

One thing I noticed I don't like about, and I'm hoping you can mention to Leo, is the friends list. Currently ALL mfc models i have on my friends list, are also showing up on Cammu. I don't need to see everyone if I'm visiting there, just the ones actually signed in on that site.
I'm not sure if that's intended or just not complete yet, but my feeling is it isn't supposed to be like that. Keep in mind, again, I don't think today was supposed to be any sort of "launch" but with the popularity of Harli's twitter... it got more traction than my tweet did when I tested it last week. :D

I'm not sure if that's intended or just not complete yet, but my feeling is it isn't supposed to be like that. Keep in mind, again, I don't think today was supposed to be any sort of "launch" but with the popularity of Harli's twitter... it got more traction than my tweet did when I tested it last week. :D

Yes, I know it's still Beta, and this is just an initial framework. Hoping that will go away to just the people on each site.
One other good idea for leo. In the banner at the top. Put a link for each others site to help with quick flipping back and forth.

Reactions: OldSheriff
Camgasm, chaturbates attempt at a non-nude site didn't go so well. Maybe MFC will be different ‍♀️

Wait did they really try to start a non-nude site called "Camgasm"? Lol. Talk about mixed messages

I love that mfc did this big thumbs up to them .I'm definitely going to be going on cam more on the non nude one . I prefer non nude sometimes a lot more because I personally like hanging with my friends or members on mfc but cammutity sounds great . I hope it becomes a fun poplar site .

i will cam on there if i am aloud to where sexy outfits, tease or do spanks etc ! if i cant do that then is just me hanging out wasting my time and makin zero tokens !
im really curious what the exact rules will be ! the site idea is intriguing ! i hope they will alow tease shows ! i am ok not showing nipple etc

Reactions: Alisa
i will cam on there if i am aloud to where sexy outfits, tease or do spanks etc ! if i cant do that then is just me hanging out wasting my time and makin zero tokens !
im really curious what the exact rules will be ! the site idea is intriguing ! i hope they will alow tease shows ! i am ok not showing nipple etc
I think you won't be able to wear skimpy sexy clothing, so spankings probably are off the table. I think the aim is to be much more casual than sexual. As I mentioned above, maybe aiming for flirty vs. sexy/teasy would help guide MFC girls to the right mindset for broadcasting on Cammunity.

Reactions: OldSheriff
Well, quite a few glitches...
- settings are completely reset on cammunity, so all privacy/fonts/etc are reset.
- emotes seem to be broken for people who have been to cammunity - I cant even post simple emotes like :hide or :yay when back on MFC unless they're on a tip note.

As I mentioned above, maybe aiming for flirty vs. sexy/teasy would help guide MFC girls to the right mindset for broadcasting on Cammunity.

I tend to think of it as trying to compete with the IRL and Creative sections on Twitch. Basically anything you can do in any of these categories is going to be welcome at cammu.
Code:
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/creative
Plus just chatting, as in Twitch's IRL section.

One other rule question. Since cammu is now non-nude, does that mean outdoor shows are back on the table?
Will the broadcasting software be the same, or will this now allow for streaming from phones like Twitch?

I know it's still Beta
Sorry I giggled too much at this and decided to respond to this part in particular again. Beyond "beta", I don't even think it was supposed to be beta-used by as many people as it has. Leo kept making fun comments about models "sneaking on" when he was in Brielle's room. I don't think he/MFC were quite aware how fast Harli's tweet would spread into wildfire. :)

Models on Cammunity also show up in the "models you may like" section, but if you click it, it goes to their MFC room and the cam is just a link to the Cammunity site.

Now, models like Harli could do well on the non nude site, as she's very sociable and has some of the highest room counts when she is online, even if not doing anything sexual. Other girls, not so much.

Now, just to mention, MFC is glitching out, hardcore. Emotes not working, cams freezing. Chat not going through. Whether this is related to Cammunity, who knows...

Other questions about the site:

Since it is non-nude non-sexual, will it be open to guys/couples as well as women? Or is it really just the non-nude MFC site (only women allowed to be "cammers")? A place models can go when they don't want to be nude/etc, and still attempt to earn tokens.

Will they attempt to allow things YouTube and Twitch do, like streaming gaming?

Sure, having a website just for Non-nude, chill hangouts is great and all, but what can Cammunity offer that Twitch doesn't already offer?

Protection from chargebacks. Twitch offers no protection from chargebacks to its streamers, either PayPal donations or from subs/bits. The streamer is responsible for any and all chargebacks that occur to them.

That's about the only thing I can see.

Or is it really just the non-nude MFC site (only women allowed to be "cammers")? A place models can go when they don't want to be nude/etc, and still attempt to earn tokens.
I believe that's the plan, at least in the short term.
Will they attempt to allow things YouTube and Twitch do, like streaming gaming?
I know they're going to allow game streaming, as I mentioned before the testing began that I plan to use it for that and got no flak. I mean, you can do that on MFC now, but since people go there expecting dildo shows it isn't all that profitable for most of us who try it.

Love the idea! Also for those saying it isn't fair, how not?

Let me give you an example that is a bit extreme - two models that earn the same amount of tokens over the same amount of time with the same style of camming (assuming non-nude), one working exclusively on MFC and the other splitting her time between the two sites. Why should the model who worked on Cammunity be given a considerably higher camscore and hence higher placement when she goes on MFC? They did effectively the same job.

Protection from chargebacks. Twitch offers no protection from chargebacks to its streamers, either PayPal donations or from subs/bits. The streamer is responsible for any and all chargebacks that occur to them.

That's about the only thing I can see.

Right, but on a service like Twitch, you don't really need to worry about that. Most of the time, streamers dont use a system like "Donate $20 and i'll do this thing." They do more of a "Donate and I'll look at/read your message." So even if a $5 tip does get charged back, sure it sucks, but its not like the streamer did anything for free, if they stream smart.

One other rule question. Since cammu is now non-nude, does that mean outdoor shows are back on the table?
I was in a room earlier on tonight where the model brought in-public camming up and Leo said they'd see how things go.

- emotes seem to be broken for people who have been to cammunity - I cant even post simple emotes like :hide or :yay when back on MFC unless they're on a tip note.

Update - someone who didnt go to cammunity mentioned emotes aren't working for him either.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Flaming Fire
Status
Not open for further replies.