AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chester Bennington, Linkin Park's lead singer, has passed away

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad. I was wanting to see Linkin Park in concert. :(
They were getting a lot of hate from their fans about them "going pop".

Those "fans" weren't real fans. Honestly I don't feel like they "went pop" They just grew in their music and changed. With how long they were in the business theres no ways to always stay with their old style. Its not smart for business. They always kept the meaningful lyrics though.

Excuse my tangent. I just love Linkin Park and this is depressing as fuck for me.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Those "fans" weren't real fans. Honestly I don't feel like they "went pop" They just grew in their music and changed. With how long they were in the business theres no ways to always stay with their old style. Its not smart for business. They always kept the meaningful lyrics though.

Excuse my tangent. I just love Linkin Park and this is depressing as fuck for me.
To be honest I wasnt a fan of their newer stuff. But I still loved them and l still listened to their older music. I share your pain :(

To be honest I wasnt a fan of their newer stuff. But I still loved them and l still listened to their older music. I share your pain :(

I preferred their older stuff as well. I liked some of the newer stuff but it just didn't resonate as much as their older stuff did for me. But there just isn't anything to dislike about the band themselves.

I preferred their older stuff as well. I liked some of the newer stuff but it just didn't resonate as much as their older stuff did for me. But there just isn't anything to dislike about the band themselves.
Linkin Park's early music is part a genre of rock called Nu Metal. Nu Metal went out of popularity in 2005. After that, they changed their music.

Reactions: alexa_voltage
What a duffus...given one moments delay he wouldn't have.

As a survivor, in adulthood you must heal, carrying that kind of pain with you only lets the abuser/s win. In childhood you can do little but suffer, when you grow up you must confront what has happened and always move towards health. He took what happened, used it, but never was able to move beyond it.
I think the lost time hurt him the most, it is one of the most distressing and painful things about having your childhood stolen; you are always playing catch-up to everyone else. Each extra adult year wasted on the abuser hurts as though you have lost 2 years, your life races quickly out of your control when you let this happen. When you heal part of the process is starting from behind, the regret at not healing faster is very helpful later on.

I mean, he was sexually abused when he was 7 years old. That scars you forever and it's next to impossible to overcome.

Someone on Twitter wrote something like "I can't think of a single person of my generation that didn't fuck with Linkin Park at one time or another" which, yep. RIP Chester.

Um... Don't watch unless you feel like crying or being really sad, but this is legit one of the perfectest videos to show who Chester was to so many. It's kind of chilling and haunting, both the words he is saying and the way he is letting all of the fans touch him, the fierce grip he holds onto their hands. When he lets the fans just touch his face - as if he can just pass some of his strength and love along to them... I wept. It is like he was saying goodbye. It's been a few days and I'm still pretty heart-broken.

I'm still just heartbroken. To know that the music I listened to as a suicidal teenager was created by someone who suffered from the same feelings - that REALLY hits home.

One of their songs came on the radio while I was in a Lyft a week ago, and I started tearing up.

That's still sad, indeed. So sad that it happened this way, I wish people would speak about their feelings with someone, but depression doesn't manifest the same for 2 people. I wish he could have spoken about what he feels instead of ending his life :(

Sorry for "bumping" an old thread, but I have to say, with a lot of celebrity deaths in the years I have never got emotional or anything, it's never touched me in any way. When I heard about Chester, read comments etc I was really touched. I had never attended a Linkin Park (or any) gig, I wasn't a HUGE fan. I bought the albums but that was it, but because I loved their work from such a young age, I grew up with them, listening and loving.

What I found great was the fact even in all his YouTube video comments, no one was trolling and being dicks. Everyone seemed to really respect him.

His music got me through my childhood. It has affected me so much that he's gone. It helped a lot that I got to go to the celebration of life concert on October 27th. It was really therapeutic to get to sing my heart out and cry surrounded by people who understand how I feel. Love you, Chester!

Status
Not open for further replies.