AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Restrictions on Advertising Offsite?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I was trying to find what restrictions, if any, does MFC have on advertising a model's presence or offers on third party websites? As I understand it MFC is more liberal on this issue than just about any other site. The MFC Rules & Guidelines page seems to remain silent on this issue, and the one section at the bottom that talks about gifting models says "Members are free to exchange address information and to send the models whatever they like. But of course we cannot offer any support for transactions that take place outside of our site." The attitude this conveys in general is that they tolerate off-site transactions, but they will not be responsible for them. That's more than reasonable.

To give a specific example, could a model's MFC tip menu have prices for fixed price ticket shows, where the show is conducted offsite, either Skype or CB CrazyTicket? In that case the tip menu on MFC would be mentioning MFC's competitor by name and telling the user they need an account on CB's system in order to get the show. I would hate to find out later that MFC actually forbids that and has the rule hidden away on another rules page.

I have never seen any model have a price for a ticket show on another cam site ever.
Literally ever.

Many girls offer Skype and mfc doesnt seem to care.

Try not to over think it :)

Upvote 0
I have never seen any model have a price for a ticket show on another cam site ever.
Literally ever.

So this came up last night in a room where 60 guys were in the room and I literally made every tip, every goal, all by myself. The model and I chatted about it and wanted to try a way to make goal shows work as ticket shows, where people who contributed to the goal get into the show for free, everyone else pays.

I would love to do this all on MFC. They need some kind of ticket show solution. They just don't have one. I'm improvising with imperfect features.

In the end, a little experimentation and creativity is not going to hurt anyone.

Upvote 0
So this came up last night in a room where 60 guys were in the room and I literally made every tip, every goal, all by myself. The model and I chatted about it and wanted to try a way to make goal shows work as ticket shows, where people who contributed to the goal get into the show for free, everyone else pays.

I would love to do this all on MFC. They need some kind of ticket show solution. They just don't have one. I'm improvising with imperfect features.

In the end, a little experimentation and creativity is not going to hurt anyone.
So email mfc support and tell them to try to work on a ticket show?
Or use chaturbate?
Seems silly to make people go between two sites for shows.

Upvote 0
Or another idea.
Take the model private.
Then instead of being the only one tipping for a public show you would get a 1 on 1 show for like the same price of less?

Upvote 0
So email mfc support and tell them to try to work on a ticket show?
Or use chaturbate?
Seems silly to make people go between two sites for shows.

She broadcasts both sites and the same time. Sure, I have requested this to MFC.

Upvote 0
Literally ever.

I second that - it's probably doable but tokens earned affecting rank are a good motivator to stay on site and mfc has the reputation of being the camsite with the highest earning potential.

Upvote 0
Or another idea.
Take the model private.
Then instead of being the only one tipping for a public show you would get a 1 on 1 show for like the same price of less?

That would be good for me, but I think the issue for her is she is starting to resent large numbers of freeloaders in her room. She is trying to create a public experience where people can join together in conversation and work towards a shared goal. The open question is whether making the final show a ticket show would motivate more people to bid earlier. We will find out.

Upvote 0
I second that - it's probably doable but tokens earned affecting rank are a good motivator to stay on site and mfc has the reputation of being the camsite with the highest earning potential.

In the scenario I laid out, MFC users have the option to pay for the show on MFC, so it builds MFC rank.

Upvote 0
That would be good for me, but I think the issue for her is she is starting to resent large numbers of freeloaders in her room. She is trying to create a public experience where people can join together in conversation and work towards a shared goal.
Then she is going to have to deal with freeloaders that's just the way it is with public shows.

No way everyone will tip always. Just the way it is.

If she doesn't want freeloaders she should only do privates or ticket shows on chaturbate.

That's just kind of how it is with camming I would think most models would know that.

Upvote 0
Using MFC to promote your Chaturbate seems shady af to me. Why doesn't she just work on Chaturbate if she prefers their setup?

In the scenario I laid out, MFC makes money on the tokens for the show, so it is hard to see what MFC would not like about a situation where they have all of the financial benefit of the show with none of the financial costs associated with supporting the traffic of the show. That makes it hard to see as shady. In the bigger picture, I am asking if it is possible to combine the best features of each site in a way that creates something better than the individual sites on their own.

I am not pushing for it. I am just asking what are the rules.

Upvote 0
You could always email mfc and ask but I'm certain that they would not be happy about using other platforms are you described.

My suggestion would be for that girl to work on chaturbate if she likes their system better.

Or you can create your own cam site with whatever features you want.

But this thread isn't gonna really help that much with anything.

Upvote 0
Even though MFC might make the money from the show, I highly doubt they will condone any model directing their viewers to a competitor's website, especially if it is because of a feature they don't offer. Skype is okay because it isn't a competitor. Chaturbate? Vastly different situation. Having a model take their viewers to another site is risky business. There's no telling whether the customers won't enjoy it more and then jump ship, same for the models. I doubt it would be worth the risk to MFC in the long run. It's a short-term gain that could make them lose money in the long run. So it doesn't make much financial sense to me.

Plus, I'm not really a fan of enjoying the features of Chaturbate without giving them a cut. I mean, I hate it when people pirate my work and use it for free, while others pay to enjoy it. I get that same feeling, thinking of using Chaturbate's services without paying for their work. It doesn't really seem fair, imo.

If a girl wants to do a private, ticket only show, then she should join Chaturbate and give them their cut, or just offer a Skype show for the people who tip. I mean, I hate freeloaders with a passion too, but this doesn't seem to be the best way to solve the issue either. It feels just as shady. :/

Upvote 0
Even though MFC might make the money from the show, I highly doubt they will condone any model directing their viewers to a competitor's website, especially if it is because of a feature they don't offer. Skype is okay because it isn't a competitor. Chaturbate? Vastly different situation. Having a model take their viewers to another site is risky business. There's no telling whether the customers won't enjoy it more and then jump ship, same for the models. I doubt it would be worth the risk to MFC in the long run. It's a short-term gain that could make them lose money in the long run. So it doesn't make much financial sense to me.

Plus, I'm not really a fan of enjoying the features of Chaturbate without giving them a cut. I mean, I hate it when people pirate my work and use it for free, while others pay to enjoy it. I get that same feeling, thinking of using Chaturbate's services without paying for their work. It doesn't really seem fair, imo.

If a girl wants to do a private, ticket only show, then she should join Chaturbate and give them their cut, or just offer a Skype show for the people who tip. I mean, I hate freeloaders with a passion too, but this doesn't seem to be the best way to solve the issue either. It feels just as shady. :/

You make good points. In the big picture, if additional users wanted to participate in a ticket show on CB they would be paying CB. You are right this is a tricky slope. So understanding how models view this is valuable feedback.

Skype is certainly a competitor in the narrow sense that models are effectively selling privates on Skype for less money than privates on MFC, if the model asks for payment by something other than MFC tokens. Those two services directly compete for what is one of the most profitable offerings on MFC, and MFC seems to tolerate that competitor. MFC also tolerates Twitter, and models are most certainly directing users to other sites like CB from their Twitter accounts. It is just one level of indirection from MFC. This results in the ridiculous situation where a model can go do a private show and announce to people legally on MFC that their Twitter has the details of that show, but people cannot (or just should not?) tell people in the public chat where exactly they are going. I know how most models handle this: they shut down their MFC feed with no warning to viewers, go and do the private show on the other site where they received that invitation, and then they turn on MFC again at the end of that show. They end up losing 80%+ of their audience by the time they return.

Is there a way to coordinate all this multi-site activity without being shady? It's an honest question.

Upvote 0
What about a smaller countdown for a more tease type public show with the topic stating that a more explicit show will start in group once the tease show is over? Then anyone that wants to see the explicit show will have to join in group?

Reactions: Gen
Upvote 0
I'm not trying to be rude, but may I suggest that in future you read the MFC Rules For Models wiki page before starting threads about rules for models?

YaTyjUl.png
(source)

The only way around this would be doing all of the "dealings" offsite and just accepting payments through MFC. You're right that a model can absolutely say "please go look at my twitter for more information" and then post a link to a different camsite on her twitter account, but if she promotes other camsites on MFC in any way she's breaking TOS and can be warned, suspended, or potentially even banned.

I suspect that folks over at CB might notice if a model is spending hours in password rooms etc. but literally bringing in zero money, but then again they might be too busy handing out unfounded bans to give this much attention.

I was trying to find what restrictions, if any, does MFC have on advertising a model's presence or offers on third party websites? ... The MFC Rules & Guidelines page seems to remain silent on this issue...

TLDR; No, it doesn't.

Edited to add that it seems pretty clear which types of sites are okay to advertise and which are not—things like ManyVids, C4S, IWC, etc. are fair game, since MFC isn't primarily a clipsite. Things like CB, SM, F4F, ImLive, Cams.com, etc. are off the table as they are camsites.

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to be rude, but may I suggest that in future you read the MFC Rules For Models wiki page before starting threads about rules for models?

Right, but it was clear from my original post that I had done a search through MFC documentation, and I failed to find the page that you posted just now. Thank you for posting it.

The "Main" Wiki page for MFC is here and does not appear to have any link to the Rules for Models page you posted. The Rules and Guidelines link I supplied does contain a section on Rules for Models, but very unfortunately it is a subset of the page you posted, and there is no link to the page you posted on that page! So how confusing can their documentation actually be to have two identical sections named "Rules for Models" that have different sets of rules?

I made an honest attempt to find the documentation you posted.

The only way around this would be doing all of the "dealings" offsite and just accepting payments through MFC. You're right that a model can absolutely say "please go look at my twitter for more information" and then post a link to a different camsite on her twitter account, but if she promotes other camsites on MFC in any way she's breaking TOS and can be warned, suspended, or potentially even banned.

I suspect that folks over at CB might notice if a model is spending hours in password rooms etc. but literally bringing in zero money, but then again they might be too busy handing out unfounded bans to give this much attention.

But that is not the case here since the model was broadcasting on CB all along, making tokens there all day, etc. I agree with the spirit of your point.

Edited to add that it seems pretty clear which types of sites are okay to advertise and which are not—things like ManyVids, C4S, IWC, etc. are fair game, since MFC isn't primarily a clipsite. Things like CB, SM, F4F, ImLive, Cams.com, etc. are off the table as they are camsites.

I read the new documentation the same way. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
@smores You are over analysing... yet again.:facepalm: MFC and Chaturbate exist as different environments which cater to different types of cam members. Members do not want them to be the same. We like that MFC is different from CB. That is why there are preferences over which site members will use. Stop trying to make them the same!:stop:

Personally, if a model wishes to dual broadcast (and it's up to her if she does) with MFC and another site like CB and I know its happening, I will probably not tip and be more likely to leave that room. Why? It's simple. MFC thrives on the social interaction aspect between models and members... it's one of the core features of the site. When a model dual broadcasts, that engagement on MFC is diminished or broken entirely, as well as the fact that her connection quality can be reduced. Hearing the CB tip noise for example will be the signal to most MFC guys in the room to stop tipping... it's like tipping kryptonite. It's not freeloading as you see it... just simple annoyance at the model dual camming. Members do vote with their tokens and tip models that don't dual broadcast y'know. Simples!

Additionally, as already said above, if a model was openly promoting her CB show on MFC, that would go down like a lead balloon... she risks being probably reported and then suspended or maybe banned... with the loss of ALL her tokens. Please do not advise a model to do that.

Wiki info...

FYI: It can often be best to start at the allpages link... this shows the titles of all the available MFC wiki pages listed and linked from this page... http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Special:AllPages

Selecting the "Rules for Models" link here takes you to the correct page... http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Rules_for_Models

Note: section 12 is advertising and spam.

:)

Upvote 0

At this point, you've pretty much identified yourself to the other guys and to the model as the guy that's going to pay for the entertainment, period.

Regardless of what the model's intention is, she isn't being successful at getting other people to tip for it. This is in part your fault and part hers.
At minimum start offering to match, but stop tipping. If nobody else is tipping take the model private, or doing a skype, or whatever thing is appropriate for the entertainment/desire to help etc.

Alternatively, change user names (or start a second account) and start tipping like what you think is fair 10-25% of a countdown and no more.
I really agree with you that there are many good features that MFC should borrow from CB, while CB needs to drastically up their support level. But neither is likely to occur in the short-term.

Trust me carrying a model by tipping for the majority of her countdown, is bad for the model, you and your bank account. Now if you were the type who didn't care about freeloaders, didn't have a sense of justice or fairness, or had so much money that's lost meaning for you than you can do this. However, based on your posts this doesn't sound like you. You are danger, of making MFC a non-fun experience, I've been there done that and I'd strongly advise against.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.