AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitter Tips for Cam Models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Yesterday forestbonnie @firenips posted a great thread of help for how to grow a worthwhile audience on Twitter. So I wanted to drop it here (click below and read all replies) to share the info.

[EDIT: IT LOOKS LIKE SHE DELETED THE TWEET, SORRY! BUT THIS THREAD ITSELF COULD STILL BE HELPFUL, SO HUZZAH!]

We have a basic Twitter help page on CamGirlWiki but hers is very detailed.

Share your suggestions or ask questions in this thread!

Last edited:
Yesterday forestbonnie @firenips posted a great thread of help for how to grow a worthwhile audience on Twitter. So I wanted to drop it here (click below and read all replies) to share the info.

We have a basic Twitter help page on CamGirlWiki but hers is very detailed.

Share your suggestions or ask questions in this thread!

Cool thank you! I made twitter for cam last week things are going well

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
For my twitter and cam in general I'm completely honest aside from name,location and over things of that sort,I post what I'm up to/how I'm feeling. I tweet sexy pictures @ my top tippers/regulars and tweet at chaturbatea twitter when I'm about to sign on and sometimes they will retweet my tweet and boost traffic for cam and twitter. I treat my cam twitter as I would my normal twitter except more sexy/flirty/less political rants.

Twitter Routine - to help you remember to tweet OR manage your twitter time better

If you struggle to keep up with interactions on twitter, Or find that you're constantly checking it to the point that its intrusive in your life - one thing that helped me manage it a bit better was to have "no twitter" times (im a twitter addict) where i actually remove the app from my phone.

The way that i make sure i stay interactive when im doing this (and this would work if you are just not as good at keeping up with twitter) is that once every morning it is my routine to sit down, turn my notications tab on my PC to "Mentions" and I reply to almost every single one. I also go over my DMs.

One of the reasons twitter works well for me is that i stay interactive and this is one way i do this.

Ask questions, make polls. Don't make everything business.
If you're struggling to get people to interact with you: silly little polls or questions will get people moving. Things like "Whats your fav sunday morning breakfast" or "whats your fav sex position" .. shit like that.

Basics: Hashtags & Tagging
HASHTAGS: Don't Over USE THEM! The golden rule of most social media marketing for twitter is no more than 2 hashtags per tweet, and they must be relevant to the tweet. Bonus if you use them in a sentence rather than tacked on at the end. Hashtags can be really great ways for new ppl to find you BUT when every tweet is 80% hashtag you look like a spam bot.

Same goes for tagging 5 million promoters. If you do use promoters, thats fine but when every tweet is tagging them you look like a spam bot.

If you wouldn't follow your own twitter feed, why would someone else. Would you interact with your own self?

I try to use images in all my tweets. It makes it much more visually appealing. But, also use polls from time to time because it helps with user engagement, too.

Also, use canva.com to create Twitter images that are the correct proportions. Great site for graphics :) You can use them to make your cover photo for your Twitter, too :).

It took me a while to start enjoying Twitter, let alone utilizing it in a way that is more beneficial to my business. Like... I really love interacting with my fellow models. But I am teeeerrible at remembering to tweet promotional posts - wishlists, my store links, gifs, etc. Stuff that can actually remind people that I've got plenty of stuff for them to buy!

So what I'll do is sit down every few weeks, and write up all of my promotional tweets, and I use Tweetdeck to queue them up for posting (though I don't really recommend using it for GIFS because it still goes by the old Twitter gif size limit - pictures seem to be alright though!). This way, the more repetitive (for me) promotional posts just post themselves automatically, and I don't have to worry about remembering them anymore. That takes off the pressure of being business minded, and I can spend the rest of my week posting favorite video links and fun, more personal tweets and interacting with my fellow models. It's also handy if I have to go out of town or something - I can make sure I don't have tons of radio silence, and can still promote myself while going out into the real world and having adventures.

There are a few different programs like Tweetdeck - Hootsuite is another similar website I've heard mentioned, but I've never tried that!

It took me a while to start enjoying Twitter, let alone utilizing it in a way that is more beneficial to my business. Like... I really love interacting with my fellow models. But I am teeeerrible at remembering to tweet promotional posts - wishlists, my store links, gifs, etc. Stuff that can actually remind people that I've got plenty of stuff for them to buy!

So what I'll do is sit down every few weeks, and write up all of my promotional tweets, and I use Tweetdeck to queue them up for posting (though I don't really recommend using it for GIFS because it still goes by the old Twitter gif size limit - pictures seem to be alright though!). This way, the more repetitive (for me) promotional posts just post themselves automatically, and I don't have to remember worrying about it anymore. That takes off the pressure of being business minded, and I can spend the rest of my week posting favorite video links and fun, more personal tweets and interacting with my fellow models. It's also handy if I have to go out of town or something - I can make sure I don't have tons of radio silence, and can still promote myself while going out into the real world and having adventures.

There are a few different programs like Tweetdeck - Hootsuite is another similar website I've heard mentioned, but I've never tried that!

Hootsuite is great! But use Hootlet with it. I use it on Google Chrome.

This is brilliant!

The way that i make sure i stay interactive when im doing this (and this would work if you are just not as good at keeping up with twitter) is that once every morning it is my routine to sit down, turn my notications tab on my PC to "Mentions" and I reply to almost every single one. I also go over my DMs.

Twitter has the power to completely take over my day sometimes - which isn't great because it takes time away from being productive. When those notifications start rolling in (especially after I've posted an image) I want to reply asap. Thanks for this suggestion, I'm going to try it!

Reactions: JazminJoy

I was literally about to post a thread asking for help with Twitter. I never really got into hashtags and don't know how to utilize Twitter to help people find me. Thank you so much AmberCutie (and forest bonnie)

I posted some pictures for my upcoming debut as a cam girl (below) any advise or critique is welcome. Thanks again guys.
First looks - https://twitter.com/ember_bb
IMG_9500.JPG IMG_9501.JPG IMG_9480.JPG

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
This has some good advice. I've never used Twitter before this so it's all kind of new to me. I like what Miss_Lollipop said about not using hashtags like crazy. I tend to get a little overzealous on my personal Instagram account with those haha.

I took a (possibly permanent) break from my instagram just so i could put more time into twitter and not be pulled in a million directions. I like twitter a lot more when it comes to camming. Every little tip and trick helps, so thank you ladies! Ill be sure to post again if i can think of anything to help contribute :)

I use my twitter as my outlet. I say anything on my mind, whatever I feel a desire to share. I used to share a sexy and polished version of myself that I thought would sell, but since I switched to just being the real me, I've attracted people who like the real me. I get a lot of wonderful souls interacting with me in my tweets and replies and it's no longer "hey bb, I wanna c ur pussy - instead we are talking about things I'm interested in, because that's what I'm sharing.

Be you :h:

I posted some pictures for my upcoming debut as a cam girl (below) any advise or critique is welcome. Thanks again guys.
First looks - [URL]https://twitter.com/ember_bb[/URL]
View attachment 71420 View attachment 71421 View attachment 71422

Hey! These pictures are awesome, I love them! You have perfected the sultry look. One thing I would try doing is clearing out the clutter in the background (I am terrible at this ha ha, my room is so chaotic sometimes). If you really wanted to amp up the background you could add candles or flowers (or something else fun!) but just clearing out some of the excess things would work. You could also try looking directly at the camera - a lot of clients love direct eye contact (although that's totally personal preference). Ultimately I think you're on the right path - very sexy angle! You'll do great! :D

I seem to have an easy time with Twitter. I also promote it during my shows so I get more followers. I then make sure to post content. I use hootsuite since it is so easy to schedule posts. I chose CAM4 since you can tweet from your broadcast window

Hey! These pictures are awesome, I love them! You have perfected the sultry look. One thing I would try doing is clearing out the clutter in the background (I am terrible at this ha ha, my room is so chaotic sometimes). If you really wanted to amp up the background you could add candles or flowers (or something else fun!) but just clearing out some of the excess things would work. You could also try looking directly at the camera - a lot of clients love direct eye contact (although that's totally personal preference). Ultimately I think you're on the right path - very sexy angle! You'll do great! :D
yeah.... the camera caught more than i thought it would. I was still changing the room around for camming. Thank you so much for the response and advice.

Just out of Curiosity, is there any place where the Twitter rules are Posted in TOC for Chaturbate? I just got banned and had to reply that I acknowledged the fact that Advertising My Twitter Account in the Chat room by ANY means, and I did Clarify, this INCLUDES the Emoticons such as :TWITTERADD1 which are hosted BY Chaturbate is strictly forbidden. Is this something new, or perhaps maybe just a too gung ho new CS Rep? I did dent the Acnkowledgement with a clause that is only pending Clarification of the decision, and waiting on reactivation now, but just want to find out why if it is a banning infraction, are there so many blue birds flying around the chat windows

i dont really understand how sites like Streamate and others are !
They want you to advertise on twitter when you go online but u cant advertise ur twitter on theire site ?! if those dont follow u to begin with how will u tell me when ur online ! there is no logic and is a bit silly this policy

i dont really understand how sites like Streamate and others are !
They want you to advertise on twitter when you go online but u cant advertise ur twitter on theire site ?! if those dont follow u to begin with how will u tell me when ur online ! there is no logic and is a bit silly this policy

Yeah, all the guys ask me what's my twitter or my IG but i have to explain that i can't tell them becouse of the rules :( some of them find me by my model name but 2 out of 10 guys do it...

I wanna just say...

Those of us who enjoy the personalities behind the beautiful faces, that tweeting certain things can benefit the personality appeal...

The little mundane occurrences in her day-to-day
Displaying quirky humor or moments where she can laugh at herself
Random thoughts she might have
Etc

Stuff like that unintentionally increases the marketing appeal in the personality department, but of course twitter is not the end-all-be-all. Just something to think about when sending out tweets since personality appeal goes a long way for repeat customers/members.

Edit: Of course, be mindful of what you tweet about and how it might be received. Some might be more damaging than beneficial without realizing it at first, like a joke that might rile people up.

Of course, be mindful of what you tweet about and how it might be received. Some might be more damaging than beneficial without realizing it at first, like a joke that might rile people up.
Some things might be more damaging, true, but those things will mostly deter people who don't like your personality anyway. A little bit of experimentation doesn't hurt, specially off the cam room, like Twitter, since there those people will go who are interested in the personality too. Being yourself, even if in a weird way, will attract same kind of weirdos haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.