AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fortnite

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2017
In light of Fortnite launching on the 25th, has anyone pre-ordered the game to start playing on the 21st?! I am super excited for this game and hoping some of you would come play as well! I'll be playing on PC as soon as servers are up.

In light of Fortnite launching on the 25th, has anyone pre-ordered the game to start playing on the 21st?! I am super excited for this game and hoping some of you would come play as well! I'll be playing on PC as soon as servers are up.
I've been playing the SHIT out of Fortnite for the past few days, but I haven't touched the new PvP side yet. It's pretty legit so far.

I've been playing the SHIT out of Fortnite for the past few days, but I haven't touched the new PvP side yet. It's pretty legit so far.

That's because they gave away a free code for the standard version. Lady on Twitch i was watching play was posting it in her room for anyone. Seems they are also going Free To Play starting in 2018.

Fun game. Similar to several others out there, like PUBG. But it's got a little more whimsical graphics. Reminds me more of Hanna-Barbera cartoon animation. The guns need work yet. Seen a lot of complaining about being hard to sight in properly.

One thing I like is they made the map smaller, and the enclosing circle take half the time. So it's averaging about 15 minutes a match, versus 30 minutes on PUBG. Makes it a bit easier to enjoy for the attention impaired modern generation. :wacky:

Reactions: G Spot
They just made it free if anyone wants it. Included is the Battle Royale version, now with squads. You still have to pay for the campaign packs if you want to do those.

They just made it free if anyone wants it. Included is the Battle Royale version, now with squads. You still have to pay for the campaign packs if you want to do those.
The actual game still costs money, but people can play the Battle Royale pvp part free.

The actual game still costs money, but people can play the Battle Royale pvp part free.

Yes. That's what they call 'campaign packs' on the website. We're talking about the same thing I believe.

chrome_2017-09-26_13-55-48.png

In the game itself, they refer to them as 'founder's packs.' But they are the same thing. Even those it seems will still be free some time in 2018.

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2017-09-26_13-59-03.png
FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2017-09-26_14-00-32.png

I just called it campaign packs because I was on the website when I wrote that. :D

Yes. That's what they call 'campaign packs' on the website. We're talking about the same thing I believe.

View attachment 72740

In the game itself, they refer to them as 'founder's packs.' But they are the same thing. Even those it seems will still be free some time in 2018.

View attachment 72741
View attachment 72742

I just called it campaign packs because I was on the website when I wrote that. :D
The single player game would be the campaign. Battle Royale the free PvP part of the game. (Just trying to differentiate between "Fortnite: the game" and "Fortnite: Battle Royale". People who are interested in playing the actual game may not be interested in the PvP standalone version, just didn't want anyone thinking they could play it for free.)

The pvp part is great.

Pugb debelopers are complaining about it.
I believe it's something about how they helped create the game platform for it WITH the company that is now using the same platform to make their own. Not exactly sure on the details, but there may be some legitimacy to the complaints. I personally don't see the sorts of people who love PUBG wanting to switch to a cartoon version so no biggie IMO, but I guess they may feel a little used/ripped off/somethingsomething.

I believe it's something about how they helped create the game platform for it WITH the company that is now using the same platform to make their own. Not exactly sure on the details, but there may be some legitimacy to the complaints. I personally don't see the sorts of people who love PUBG wanting to switch to a cartoon version so no biggie IMO, but I guess they may feel a little used/ripped off/somethingsomething.

Epic helps most developers that choose to license the unreal engine so it's not like PUBG got special treatment. The game uses the shrinking ring mechanic and the airdrop mechanic like most BR games do. H1Z1 used both mechanics also. Most of the drama over this is coming from Bluehole and there's been no direct comment from Player Unknown about this. Most people see this as a PR mistake that gave fortnite free advertising and implied it was on the same level as PUBG for them to be a threat.

People are playing it because FREE is more important than brand loyalty now for younger gamers. PUBG still has a $30 paywall on it.

I play the PVE side of fortnite and do see people that are playing the BR mode spending to try out the PVE content so it's only a Win/Win for Epic.

It's having 30k viewers on twitch since making BR mode free.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Most people see this as a PR mistake that gave fortnite free advertising and implied it was on the same level as PUBG for them to be a threat.
Yeah I read that in the article too, but in the interview I swear you could just read into their words that they were upset at the base of the game being copied by Epic too. Either way, I guess who the fuck cares, right?
FREE is more important than brand loyalty now for younger gamers.
Damn whippersnappers.

I have tried the Battle Royale it is a good game. It feels very polished and the rounds are a bit quicker than they are in PUBG. It is definitely a game worth looking into for anyone that is interested in this type of game mode.

I have tried the Battle Royale it is a good game. It feels very polished and the rounds are a bit quicker than they are in PUBG. It is definitely a game worth looking into for anyone that is interested in this type of game mode.

Yeah. I'd also say it's a more "casual" version of a battle royale game than PUBG. People flat out RAGE at deaths in PUBG, at times, but I feel the art style, bright colors, etc. will lend Fortnite Battle Royale to a more relaxed crowd. Sure, it can still get competitive, but I don't think it will be as rage inducing as PUBG can get for certain people. It's much more arcade-like in style and action than PUBG or even H1Z1 King of the Kill.

Plus it's different enough in its own right that I don't feel it's a "rip off" of PUBG. The weapon rarity mechanic, very limited inventory, and building mechanics all separate it from PUBG and H1Z1 enough to make it its own take on the genre. Besides, it's not like PUBG was the first battle Royale game. Playerunknown, himself, worked on Arma 2, 3, and DayZ mods with battle royale mechanics,and was a consultant on H1Z1 before going to Bluehole with this version.

Yeah. I'd also say it's a more "casual" version of a battle royale game than PUBG. People flat out RAGE at deaths in PUBG, at times, but I feel the art style, bright colors, etc. will lend Fortnite Battle Royale to a more relaxed crowd. Sure, it can still get competitive, but I don't think it will be as rage inducing as PUBG can get for certain people. It's much more arcade-like in style and action than PUBG or even H1Z1 King of the Kill.

Plus it's different enough in its own right that I don't feel it's a "rip off" of PUBG. The weapon rarity mechanic, very limited inventory, and building mechanics all separate it from PUBG and H1Z1 enough to make it its own take on the genre. Besides, it's not like PUBG was the first battle Royale game. Playerunknown, himself, worked on Arma 2, 3, and DayZ mods with battle royale mechanics,and was a consultant on H1Z1 before going to Bluehole with this version.
The fact that so many mechanics are different than PUBG I am surprised it is being compared so much (other than the obvious controversy and name association involved in the marketing and planning). You can build stairways to heaven and snipe from the sky in Fortnite BR? Absolute WTF? That alone makes it completely different than PUBG. No cars, super hold-your-hand efforts to get you weapons and gear, and the cartoon style make it a much more casual game.

I think the comparisons should cease. It is not in the same field.

Reactions: UncleThursday
The fact that so many mechanics are different than PUBG I am surprised it is being compared so much (other than the obvious controversy and name association involved in the marketing and planning). You can build stairways to heaven and snipe from the sky in Fortnite BR? Absolute WTF? That alone makes it completely different than PUBG. No cars, super hold-your-hand efforts to get you weapons and gear, and the cartoon style make it a much more casual game.

I think the comparisons should cease. It is not in the same field.

Really it's only Bluehole that seemed to compare them. The battle royale genre has been gaining in popularity. King of the Kill was big for a while but Daybreak has let that languish in early access as a buggy mess at times (and a haven for cheaters), but then PUBG came out and took the gaming world by storm... so obviously Bluehole wants to try and "protect" its version. And, as you said, this was a PR blunder that brought Fortnite Battle Royale into the eyesight of many more people than it might have otherwise gotten. Fortnite, itself, wasn't an extremely popular game, otherwise.

The two biggest advantages Fortnite Battle Royale has over PUBG, right now, is that it's the only battle royale game available on consoles, and it's free. This gives console players a chance to try out the battle royale style game before PUBG launches in early access on the Xbox One and Xbox One X later this year..But they're going to pull in different core crowds. Sure, there's some overlap, but even big PUBG streamers who have tried it out tend to do a few Fortnite games, and then jump back over to PUBG in the same night. But that core competitive PUBG crowd won't really stick with Fortnite Battle Royale because of its more arcade like feel.

Though, I will say, changing weapons on the console version-- and the building menu as well-- is overly convoluted. It's far easier on PC, with everything assigned to a dedicated button; while you have to keep hitting Y to switch weapons/health in your inventory, or hit B then keep hitting Y for building. Maybe they should utilize left and right on the D-pad for this, more. Also, the Xbox One version is a laggy mess at times, while the PC version, from what I've seen, seems pretty smooth. No idea about the PS4 version in this respect.

• Helpful!
No cars, super hold-your-hand efforts to get you weapons and gear, and the cartoon style make it a much more casual game.

The maps aren't so massive you need a car. Fortnite BR doesn't really make you a victim of the circle as much as PUBG does.

One thing about weapons in PUBG is they keep adding them but only 3 weapons really matter in that game. Fortnite any weapon you pick up can kill a player easy at the right distance. Fortnite BR is much more about getting things over with quickly than draw them out.

I think cartoony = casual isn't really a good comparison anymore. There will be tryhards in any competitive game. People manage to rage in Overwatch which is equally cartoony.

Fortnite is also gaining popularity because the server actually work and through some miracle hasn't been infested by cheaters yet. PUBG has had it's server down everyday in the last week and their leaderboard was overrun with hacker accounts in a day. Ironically the same people that made the Fortnite BR mode (Epic UT team made the BR mode not the core game team) are currently helping PUBG deal with it's stability issues.

I think cartoony = casual isn't really a good comparison anymore. There will be tryhards in any competitive game. People manage to rage in Overwatch which is equally cartoony.

The cartoony graphics don't make it more casual, by themselves. But the whole feel of the game, from the party bus- with its thumping bass beat- you jump out of instead of a military C-130, to the dance emote that plays a bit of music while you dance (which can be heard in game by others), helps make it feel more casual. I haven't been upset at any death... well, except the one that was my fault for forgetting I had no ammo in my shotgun and was like "WHY IS IT NOT FIRING?!?!? oh.. no ammo. Heh... er... um..." Meanwhile, in more competitive feeling shooters, I can get pretty upset. Luckily I like my electronics too much to be a controller/mouse thrower or keyboard breaker.

Fortnite is also gaining popularity because the server actually work and through some miracle hasn't been infested by cheaters yet. PUBG has had it's server down everyday in the last week and their leaderboard was overrun with hacker accounts in a day. Ironically the same people that made the Fortnite BR mode (Epic UT team made the BR mode not the core game team) are currently helping PUBG deal with it's stability issues.

Maybe on the PC. The Xbox One version can be nigh on unplayable at times with the lag. Having rubber banding while you're trying to get in the eye of the storm is a huge pain in the ass. Myself and all my friends on the Xbox One have had lag issues, pretty frequently. Obviously I'd play more on the PC, but my friends don't build gaming PCs, and play on consoles... so, that's where I am.

The cartoony graphics don't make it more casual, by themselves. But the whole feel of the game, from the party bus- with its thumping bass beat- you jump out of instead of a military C-130, to the dance emote that plays a bit of music while you dance (which can be heard in game by others), helps make it feel more casual.
Yeah not just the graphics, the combination of all the points I mentioned combined. I watched some video play of it and it certainly looked a lot less serious to me after playing many rounds of PUBG and having my heart nearly beat out of my chest. :D

Reactions: UncleThursday
Yeah not just the graphics, the combination of all the points I mentioned combined. I watched some video play of it and it certainly looked a lot less serious to me after playing many rounds of PUBG and having my heart nearly beat out of my chest. :D

It feels less serious when I play, personally. I'm not saying this is bad, mind you. I actually enjoy playing it a lot (when it's not lagging bad on the Xbox). But, kind of like Titanfall 2, I don't worry about the competitiveness as much as just go into it to have some fun. It's a fun battle royale game, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just like PUBG Is fun in other ways, and there's nothing wrong with that.

For those on the Xbox One X, the "4K patch" is out. It's actually 1728p checkerboarded up to 4K. I will say, though, objects/players in the distance do look much clearer on this patch. They've also brought back the unlocked framerates to the Xbox systems. It doesn't hit 60 fps on either the X or the Xbox One or Xbox One S, but it can get to around 45 fps on the X and like 35 on the One/s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryuki22
I just played my first few games on the Xbox One X with the new patch.... HOLY SHIT! The improvements are AMAZEBALLS over the pre-patch version. Improvements include:

• PC Epic setting textures
  • Screen space reflection
  • Very improved shadow quality
  • The blur at a distance is almost completely gone, allowing you to see players moving at a much further distance (like the PC version)
  • Better lighting and self shadowing on objects and characters
  • For people like me still on 1080p displays, the supersampling makes everything look super smooth.
There are some frame rate drops, probably because of the boost to 1728p with all the extra settings. For reference, the PS4 Pro is 1080p with many of the same settings (though the blur at a distance is much worse), but the newest patch for the Pro has pretty much eliminated the frame rate drops the game had in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.