AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Marvel Universe

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
I'm actually late to the game, but i'm catching up with majority of the Marvel movies leading up to Avengers Inifinity War. It's only recently that i'm getting myself into this whole universe of super heroes thing.

Just wondering if anyone has a favorite film, television show, or character in this Marvel universe they've created.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Gen
Don't really have favorites but Drax cracks me up. Infinity War is looking insane. Going to be cool to see it all come together.

Reactions: Gen
My favourite Marvel films are Captain America: Winter Soldier (I had a 10’ x 6’ poster from the theatre on the wall for a while :haha:), and The Avengers. I didn’t like Guardians, and I haven’t seen the newest Thor because Thor 2 was such a clusterfuck. Civil War was a bit of a letdown to me but I’m excited for Infinity War.
i think Cap is gonna die and we’re gonna get BuckyCap and I’m so exciiiiiited if that happens

As for tv, I skipped Daredevil s1 but I enjoyed s2. I’m midway through Defenders now. Loved Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Punisher. Didn’t bother with Iron Fist or Agents of Shield. I am fucking stoooooked for Jessica Jones s2.

Of all the Marvel movies I've seen, I'd say the majority of the first for characters has been good:

Iron Man
Thor
Spiderman
Avengers
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Dr. Strange

Of those, I would say that Deadpool is my favorite Marvel movie. But, I also do like Daredevil as a second. Dr. Strange is up there too. I don't have Netflix, so can't see some of the TV shows. But, would like to catch the Iron Fist series sometime. He's one of my all-time favorite Marvel characters.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
The Punisher

Can't believe I forgot about one of the best shows I watched last year Legion! which is more of the X-Men side of things
giphy.gif

Reactions: Lelo1 and Slowburst
Of those, I would say that Deadpool is my favorite Marvel movie.

Interesting you mention Deadpool since it's technically a Marvel character. However it is, as of right now, part of Fox's X-Men Universe which is separate from the Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), so Deadpool currently isn't in the same realm as the Avengers

At least not yet...
Perhaps i should've been clearer from the get-go when i'm talking about the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Speaking of the Disney purchase of Fox property rights, i was somewhat of a mixed bag on Disney-Marvel regaining the rights of X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool; mostly excited but also with a couple reservations

If and when the X-Men will be integrated with the Avengers...
- ...will they keep the same general cast? Honestly i'm not a fan of the current cast playing the X-Men, comprised of mostly 20-something y/o actors. To be frank, i don't care for Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique in particular. Nothing against her, just not a fan.
- ...will they reboot the entire X-Men franchise while ignoring just about everything that Fox did before? I'm not sure if i'm ready for a reboot yet.
- ...how does this Avengers universe suddenly explain the emergence of mutants in the world? I guess mutants somehow slipped under the radar. S.H.I.E.L.D should've detected these kinds of individuals woudn't they?

- ...will they keep the same general cast?

I think Hugh Jackman stated he'd be willing to come back. Will be weird if and when a new person is chosen to be Wolverine. Would be cool if we got an alternate reality Quicksilver to somehow show up in the future. One of the few things Fox got right and the highlight of the recent X-Men movies.

As an old comic book guy, I love the original Marvel comic stories. I have a lot of characters that I liked in the books. Cable, Wolverine, Vision, Black Panther, Storm, Thor.

The movies all have some good and bad parts. They change so many things. Visualy, the Dr. Strange film was really cool. They can't seem to stay with one formula for Spiderman or Fantastic Four. Too many re-boots on those characters.

*edit* The little girl who played Laura X in the LOGAN film was spectacular! She did not even speak for half of the film, but she rocked that character!

Interesting you mention Deadpool since it's technically a Marvel character. However it is, as of right now, part of Fox's X-Men Universe which is separate from the Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), so Deadpool currently isn't in the same realm as the Avengers

At least not yet...
Perhaps i should've been clearer from the get-go when i'm talking about the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Speaking of the Disney purchase of Fox property rights, i was somewhat of a mixed bag on Disney-Marvel regaining the rights of X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool; mostly excited but also with a couple reservations

- ...will they keep the same general cast? Honestly i'm not a fan of the current cast playing the X-Men, comprised of mostly 20-something y/o actors. To be frank, i don't care for Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique in particular. Nothing against her, just not a fan.
- ...will they reboot the entire X-Men franchise while ignoring just about everything that Fox did before? I'm not sure if i'm ready for a reboot yet.
- ...how does this Avengers universe suddenly explain the emergence of mutants in the world? I guess mutants somehow slipped under the radar. S.H.I.E.L.D should've detected these kinds of individuals woudn't they?

For me, anything that is Marvel falls under the Marvel umbrella. I really don't worry about the licensing or contracts, as it's more about the story than it is who produces what. Especially since most of the Marvel characters rarely crossed over in the comics when I was growing up.

There's a lot of inconsistencies in the movies as compared to the comics I read as a kid. But, there's also a decent amount of adherance to the general story. As to the mutant powers, there was change to the storyline where many people had hidden mutant powers that aren't tapped or triggered. This was in the X-Men comics from late 80's or mid 90's IIRC. Which they brought up in the Deadpool movie.

I haven't seen the past few movies that have come out. Severe lacking of time...

Looking strictly at this as the MCU as crafted with Iron Man leading into the upcoming Infinity Wars I'd have a hard time ranking the films in any kind of order.

Iron Man - As a series only really liked the first one. I really can't remember much of Iron Man 2 or 3 from my head. I do absolutely love Robert Downey Jr.'s performance as Tony Stark though.

Captain America - I thought the first was okay, but kind of stalled in presentation. I think each sequel in this series was better than the one that preceded it.

Thor - Like the first Captain America I thought it was okay, but overall still kind of stalled out. I hated the second one. The third one is hokey/campy. I can't remember if I read it in a Ringer article or heard it on a podcast but someone equated it to the old school Flash Gordon movies in terms of colors/camp, but damn if it wasn't a fun movie overall.

Avengers - I've not been disappointed by any of the films in this series, and for a person who wasn't into any of these characters as comic properties until the actual "Civil War" series. This movie series really scored with me in a way that I had really hoped with every X-Men movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy - The first one really surprised me, I had no expectations going into it as I had no familiarity with the characters or any of that. I liked the sequel, but felt it tried a bit to hard to force what seemed natural in the first.

Dr. Strange - I was intrigued by this one to see how it would play out, but came away indifferent to the character. I think he works better as a side character (ala Hawkeye). as he was used well in the most recent Thor.

Spider Man Homecoming - Other than being probably a half hour longer than it should have been. It was great to see Spider Man brought into the "MCU"

I haven't seen the Ant Man movie, but the friends I usually see all the MCU movies with were very ho hum on it. They did say if the character was presented more like how it was in Cap 3, it would have likely been scored better for them.

TV Shows I've only outright hated Iron Fist and Agents of Shield.

I don't know where The Runaways fit in the MCU, but I will probably hate watch my way through season 2 if it gets a second season.

I'm a DareDevil mark so that is my favorite of all the Netflix shows though I seem to be the odd person that likes season 1 more than season 2. Jessica Jones is probably my second favorite of the Netflix series' but I think it went 2 episodes or so longer than it should have.

Separating from the MCU, I've always read X-Men (and it's spawned series/teams) and DareDevil comics, so they are technically my favorite properties from Marvel.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Gen
Black Panther reviews are unsurprisingly positive. Don't know much about Wakanda but still excited to see it.

I've avoided a lot of the Marvel movies as my favorite characters from the comics aren't really represented, and if they are shown, it isn't how I remember them.

BUT, maybe I should be thinking of this Marvel cinematic universe as something OTHER than what I grew up with and loved. It seems like the comics these days are always rebooting and adding different universes and timelines (as opposed to the 'Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe' and all of its supplements which kept my Marvel mind on a true straight cohesive 'collector' path) and I wonder if this Marvel cinematic universe is kind of an offshoot of that (sort of like the Walking Dead, or Game of Thrones tv vs. book?).

I haven't kept up on the movies fer sure, but, since they are readily available on dvd or streaming, maybe it might be cool to figure out what is actually going on? I think this because the trailers for the Avengers: Infinity War looks DAMN impressive. I suspect the studios are going for something semi-coherent with the exception of Inhumans, FF4, and X-Men.

Last edited:
I suspect the studios are going for something semi-coherent with the exception of Inhumans, FF4, and X-Men.

I didn't watch the show but I believe the Inhumans are in line with the MCU as it's currently presented. X-Men and Fantastic Four are still outside of the MCU.

I didn't watch the show but I believe the Inhumans are in line with the MCU as it's currently presented. X-Men and Fantastic Four are still outside of the MCU.
Inhumans was fairly representative of the comic. The Lockjaw teleportation effect is my favorite thing on the show. The Gifted was also a good show. It is a different take on the New Mutants. But a lot of the characters and powers sync up with the comics.

tenor.gif

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/19/kevin-feige-hoovering-up-deadpool-fantastic-four-and-x-men-for-marvels-phase-4-dark-phoenix-the-last-fox-x-men-movie/

This includes the information that X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be the last proper Fox Marvel movie, presumably the last in that specific continuity. And that the regular X-Men crew will be off the projects as everything will move to Disney for future chapters.

Confirming that the X-Men being integrated into the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a done deal, and merely awaiting the approval of the merger.

And that Marvel Studio head Kevin Feige is “hoovering up” all of the Fox-Marvel characters, and is already planning for them all to go into Phase 4. This includes the X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic Four.

Perfectly balanced. As all things should be.

I’m excited for Infinity War.
i think Cap is gonna die and we’re gonna get BuckyCap and I’m so exciiiiiited if that happens

Seeming more and more likely. Possibly right after the I hope they remember you line.

I'll just say infinity wars was not what I expected. And I can't wait to watch it again. So much I want to say but I'll wait a month or so before diving in lol
I completely agree with you on that, their is so much I want to say but everyone needs to experience it first.

Was amazing from start to finish. Easily my favorite Marvel movie. Unsettling almost how easy to understand and even sympathize with Thanos.

The marketing blitz for Ant-Man and The Wasp has started. Looks cool but following Infinity War won't be easy. Still probably going to see it opening night but hard to be too excited about it.

My favourite Marvel films are Captain America: Winter Soldier (I had a 10’ x 6’ poster from the theatre on the wall for a while :haha:), and The Avengers. I didn’t like Guardians, and I haven’t seen the newest Thor because Thor 2 was such a clusterfuck. Civil War was a bit of a letdown to me but I’m excited for Infinity War.

As for tv, I skipped Daredevil s1 but I enjoyed s2. I’m midway through Defenders now. Loved Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Punisher. Didn’t bother with Iron Fist or Agents of Shield. I am fucking stoooooked for Jessica Jones s2.
@Gen my bb, my friend, my butts, please do me a favor and watch Thor: Ragnorok. Do it for me, and you will find that in the end you have done it for yourself. Read not the reviews here nor there. Look not at the trailers, nor the rotten tomato summary, I beg of you, do me this one favor and clear your schedule, open your mind, perhaps roll a blunt if that's your thing, just please, for the love of thunder, watch Thor 3 with my blessing and recommendation I shant let you down I promise you!!!

@Gen my bb, my friend, my butts, please do me a favor and watch Thor: Ragnorok. Do it for me, and you will find that in the end you have done it for yourself. Read not the reviews here nor there. Look not at the trailers, nor the rotten tomato summary, I beg of you, do me this one favor and clear your schedule, open your mind, perhaps roll a blunt if that's your thing, just please, for the love of thunder, watch Thor 3 with my blessing and recommendation I shant let you down I promise you!!!

I'm aroused LOL

• Helpful!
Reactions: EmptyKins

For you, and only you (definitely not Chris Hemsworth and his beautiful body), I will do this thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: EmptyKins
Status
Not open for further replies.