AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SkyPrivate followup

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2018
West Texas
I asked about SkyPrivate in another thread but that thread went another direction so I'll follow up here.

I joined the site as I was investigating the site for a friend. Over the last few days I checked the profiles of models I found attractive and who charged rates I was comfortable with. The ones I liked, I put on my favorites list. Today I finally took the plunge. I added $25 to my account and sent a skype contact request to one of the favorites who was online. nothing. After several minutes with no response, I sent a request to another. nothing again. A third one confirmed my contact request quickly but never answered my pm greeting her and explaining what I was looking for. After several minutes waiting, I sent a request to a 4th model. She confirmed the contact request right away and actually said hi. Her profile didn't really give much info so I told her what I was wanting: control of a lush using the Lovense Remote for 15-20 min. She said she has the lush but not the app and she didn't want to download the app. I asked how I could control the lush and she said in skype. She said to call her. I thought wtf, she was nice enough to respond and chat a few lines, so I'll give her a short call. But I explained to her that this was not what I really wanted. Never saw any lush, only a Hitachi and there was no sound. Watching the call timer in my skype, I ended the call at 3 min 45 sec. Explained to her again that I had been looking for something else, wished her well and went back to my SkyPrivate account. The girl's profile said calls are $1 a minute, so I was surprised to see that my account balance was $17. So I checked her profile again. Yep, $1 a minute. So I checked the times in my skype. It said the duration of the call was 3:55. So I got charged double the stated price. I checked the girl's profile again just to be sure. Still $1 a minute. I don't know if SkyPrivate's call meter is off or the girl somehow changed her price. Either way, it doesn't speak well for SkyPrivate. How can I recommend my friend go to work on SkyPrivate when she can't be confident that her customers are going to be properly charged? or that she will be properly paid? I know one thing: when my balance there gets down to 0, I won't be reloading it.

Could you go back to your Skype conversation with the model and see if you got any automated messages indicating the rate of the call? I don't know exactly how these things look from the customer end, but surely they ought to notify you of the call rate. If it's not there, check if there are any deleted messages that might have corresponded to the start of your show.

I ask because it's theoretically possible that there was a glitch OR that the model is advertising one rate but manually adjusting settings to actually charge a different rate. I don't want to think ill of her, but $1/min is really low, and she seemed comfortable with a bit of bait and switch regarding the lush, so I wouldn't rule it out. Since it's possible for models to switch rates easily, I would think that they'd need to advise customers before the call that the rate will be $X. Additionally, a lot of guys add models to their contact lists and then call at a later date without going back to the Skyprivate site, and I hope they get informed if the model has given herself a raise in the meantime.

Also, just to address the beginning of your post, it's not Skyprivate's (or anyone's) fault that you didn't get an immediate response from the first few models. It's just the nature of Skype shows that you may need to wait a bit. Since there's no free chat, you can't tell if the model is already busy, and she certainly shouldn't pause ongoing shows to respond to incoming messages. On top of that, it's pretty common that we're talking to multiple potential customers at once, then one of them starts a show, and the other guys don't always get a warning that their conversations are now on hold. It's not a perfect system.

To add on to the comment above me- models can change the rate any certain member pays for a call. Not sure if it lets the member know or not.

Could you go back to your Skype conversation with the model and see if you got any automated messages indicating the rate of the call? I don't know exactly how these things look from the customer end, but surely they ought to notify you of the call rate. If it's not there, check if there are any deleted messages that might have corresponded to the start of your show.

There was nothing there to indicate anything at all about the call itself. Nothing about the call, itself from any other source than my own Skype. Nothing acknowledged that the call had begun or ended and nothing about the rate. No deleted messages.

I ask because it's theoretically possible that there was a glitch OR that the model is advertising one rate but manually adjusting settings to actually charge a different rate. I don't want to think ill of her, but $1/min is really low, and she seemed comfortable with a bit of bait and switch regarding the lush, so I wouldn't rule it out. Since it's possible for models to switch rates easily, I would think that they'd need to advise customers before the call that the rate will be $X. Additionally, a lot of guys add models to their contact lists and then call at a later date without going back to the Skyprivate site, and I hope they get informed if the model has given herself a raise in the meantime.

Everything was exactly like I stated above. $1 was her advertised rate; nothing negotiated. I checked her profile immediately before and after the call. It would seem to me that if the model can change rates so easily, the customer should have to personally affirm the price.

Also, just to address the beginning of your post, it's not Skyprivate's (or anyone's) fault that you didn't get an immediate response from the first few models. It's just the nature of Skype shows that you may need to wait a bit. Since there's no free chat, you can't tell if the model is already busy, and she certainly shouldn't pause ongoing shows to respond to incoming messages. On top of that, it's pretty common that we're talking to multiple potential customers at once, then one of them starts a show, and the other guys don't always get a warning that their conversations are now on hold. It's not a perfect system.

To add on to the comment above me- models can change the rate any certain member pays for a call. Not sure if it lets the member know or not.
At no time did I receive any indication concerning the price or even that I was being charged. That's one reason why I went back and checked my account.

At no time did I receive any indication concerning the price or even that I was being charged. That's one reason why I went back and checked my account.

I'm not 100% sure but if I remember correctly, models can also set a minimum time for the show, like you can on Chaturbate, and the member will be charged for that upfront - it's to avoid models having their time wasted. (EDIT: looking at the site, I can't find it, but I know you can set it to automatically reject calls from members without enough for a 5 minute call)

Unless you install a third party add-on for Skype via Skyprivate, Skype itself will not tell you anything except the typical start/stop time of the call. As long as you're logged into your Skyprivate account via browser and called the model from her profile there, you will be charged. I don't know how the member side of Skyprivate works.

For models on our end, with pay-per-minute, we get an add-on that allows us to see if the customer is a Skyprivate member, if they has enough $ in their account for a minimum show, and when the call starts we get a timer that shows us how long the call has been going for & how much we have earned so far.

Have you checked the site FAQ? There's also a FAQ specifically for members.
There's also the idea of contacting support, as we aren't Skyprivate support.

upload_2018-5-10_17-20-56.png

I asked about SkyPrivate in another thread but that thread went another direction so I'll follow up here.

I joined the site as I was investigating the site for a friend. Over the last few days I checked the profiles of models I found attractive and who charged rates I was comfortable with. The ones I liked, I put on my favorites list. Today I finally took the plunge. I added $25 to my account and sent a skype contact request to one of the favorites who was online. nothing. After several minutes with no response, I sent a request to another. nothing again. A third one confirmed my contact request quickly but never answered my pm greeting her and explaining what I was looking for. After several minutes waiting, I sent a request to a 4th model. She confirmed the contact request right away and actually said hi. Her profile didn't really give much info so I told her what I was wanting: control of a lush using the Lovense Remote for 15-20 min. She said she has the lush but not the app and she didn't want to download the app. I asked how I could control the lush and she said in skype. She said to call her. I thought wtf, she was nice enough to respond and chat a few lines, so I'll give her a short call. But I explained to her that this was not what I really wanted. Never saw any lush, only a Hitachi and there was no sound. Watching the call timer in my skype, I ended the call at 3 min 45 sec. Explained to her again that I had been looking for something else, wished her well and went back to my SkyPrivate account. The girl's profile said calls are $1 a minute, so I was surprised to see that my account balance was $17. So I checked her profile again. Yep, $1 a minute. So I checked the times in my skype. It said the duration of the call was 3:55. So I got charged double the stated price. I checked the girl's profile again just to be sure. Still $1 a minute. I don't know if SkyPrivate's call meter is off or the girl somehow changed her price. Either way, it doesn't speak well for SkyPrivate. How can I recommend my friend go to work on SkyPrivate when she can't be confident that her customers are going to be properly charged? or that she will be properly paid? I know one thing: when my balance there gets down to 0, I won't be reloading it.

Hello @Boerman and nice to meet you.

Firstly, could you please tell me if you’ve managed to solve this out?
On behalf of SkyPrivate support, please let me explain you how things work on the members end.

- You did well adding the models in your contact list. However, this doesn’t guarantee an instant answers and most probably because the girls might be in another shows. Usually, we don’t have this kind of complains from members and this because sooner or later the models respond the messages and they manage to arrange awesome shows.

- From the beginning of the show, you should have received a message (In Skype) with the model’s price/minute (you don’t have to install anything). If it didn’t happen, most probably it was just an error in the system, therefore I will ask my colleagues to check this and solve it asap.

- Taking into consideration the details you have provided about the call duration and the money you have paid for it, we have to check deeply what happened. Therefore, please message me and provide me with you Skype ID. I will assist you to find the issue and solve it.

- Anytime you need support, here are our contact details:

Official support channel with all the details: https://www.skyprivate.com/support/
Skype IDs: ENG support: supportskyprivate, ESP support: live:skyprivate.espanol
Open a ticket here: http://support.skyprivate.com/support/tickets/new

@Ms_Gingersnatch and @QuinnLane thank you very much for your input here and the support. Well done, thanks girls.

I just wanted to let everyone know........ I had a very helpful exchange with StevenSP today. He agreed that I had been improperly charged and offered a refund. Although he offered a full refund, I accepted only the amount that was an overcharge because I had agreed to the call even though she wasn't offering exactly what I wanted. I do feel that she mis-represented things when she said she had a lush and she didn't, but I'm not out to hurt the girl. At any rate, the refund was very quickly added to my account. Very good customer service!!

Steven was also very responsive to ideas I had on how they might improve the site.

Reactions: Shhhamrock
Status
Not open for further replies.