AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

the hardest part of camming..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Cam Model
Apr 30, 2018
Twitter Username
@xkirbybae
MFC Username
kirby
Hey guys! I'm not sure if I've posted yet but I've been lurking for a while. I've been on MFC since the end of april and I've done better than I expected. I'm happy with the outcome and I'm having so much fun.

However, I've realized that the hardest part of being a cam girl is that I can't figure out prices. I don't know what to charge for my countdowns, I don't know whats too little or too much. I get so frustrated trying to think of how much to charge because I honestly don't know... what I'm worth? o_O That sounds bad, lol. But it's kinda how I feel! I don't know the appropriate price to show my boobies! Or buttplug, or show, ect.

I try to look at other models prices but because so many different models charge really high or low, it still leaves me confused. Advice, please! :p

Hi! I'm new too, and I'm constantly fiddling with my tip menu. I've been using off-cam time to check other models' tip menus, like you've been doing -- but I think it comes down to what you feel comfortable with!

Heck, I'm just going to paste my tip menu in here -- maybe other folx will do the same?
  • 1 - Say hello!
  • 3 - Kiss!
  • 10 - Song request
  • 12 - Flash guns, tattoo or feet
  • 25 - Cleavage
  • 50 - Speak French (2 min.)
  • 100 - Braless tease
  • 1000 - Instant Hitachi tease

It really is just about what you think you deserve and what you are comfortable with! That's why it varies so much. I just helped explain a lot to another new person on this page on the forum:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/my-first-show.31615/#post-944418

You can check that out if you wish. I just am lazy and don't want to retype it all if I can link it. x3 It feels weird I just started a few months back now I'm giving accurate advice lol. I'll upload an image of my tip menu as well.
Tip Menu.png

It really comes down to how much you want to make. I’m not on MFC anymore but I usually go for an earnings goal. You should highly value yourself.

Some things will play a factor in your “value” like equipment quality. Nobody wants to give $400 to a dark fuzzy feed. But if you have good gear it’s really all about what you feel like you need to be making. Are you full time? If so you better be charging enough to support yourself.

On MFC you can’t charge top girl prices when you’re new, but don’t shortchange yourself. Charging too much would drive customers away but too little will attract regulars who just want a cheap show.

As far as how much to charge for what, you should browse other models tip menus, try to find girls who are making a decent amount but aren’t top models. I don’t remember MFC camscores too well but I think a 2500-4000 camscore girl is reasonable. You shouldn’t copy it exactly, but it would give you a good idea what the “standard” is, but don’t charge a “standard” price if you think you deserve more for it.

In my early full time MFC days my full shift goal was 6000 tokens, and short shift was 3000. If I was doing something elaborate/uncomfortable/new I’d go up to 8000+ But, I had shit equipment and didn’t know what I was doing. I could have made more.

Main point: charge what you think you should be earning.

Last edited:
I try to look at other models prices but because so many different models charge really high or low, it still leaves me confused. Advice, please! :p
What may work for one model may necessarily work well for you. However, that should not stop you from trying out something new.

I'd be very surprised if anybody has kept their prices the same throughout the years (or even months).

Don't be afraid to change your prices, whether it's for requests, PVTs, or goal amounts. Finding a happy medium takes time :)

Reactions: AudriTwo
@DejaElectra I have no clue how girls do 3000 + goals... mine is always a 1000 or little less and only once have I made that in going on three months working. I've tried putting more then NO one shows up...At too much less not a single tip cause then everyone wants to see if they can get me to be free. I still wonder often if I'm just too ugly for this or something... I'm not super skinny, not extreme bbw, I'm in the chub range and no one seems to like girls who fall there much... I've seen many in my body type range who struggle. I either get wow she's so cute then they see my tummy and run, or wow yes a bbw chick then they see I'm not too big and run... T_T My personality is great my few regulars say, and no one ever knows what to tell me I am doing wrong, so it gets so frustrating...I've invested hundreds in equipment and now I'm broke and just... downhearted... I try different things and think over any advice I get too. Sigh... but I'm just as invisible as a camgirl as I am irl... I beg here for help and advice often but nothing has ever helped in practice and I usually just hear to play the waiting game until winter when it hopefully picks up, but this is my only job.

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Setting your tip prices based on top models is going to just frustrate you as your fan base. It takes time to grow an audience. And a lot of customers are only going to spend money if they think it's going to successfully fund a show.

Hey guys! I'm not sure if I've posted yet but I've been lurking for a while. I've been on MFC since the end of april and I've done better than I expected. I'm happy with the outcome and I'm having so much fun.

However, I've realized that the hardest part of being a cam girl is that I can't figure out prices. I don't know what to charge for my countdowns, I don't know whats too little or too much. I get so frustrated trying to think of how much to charge because I honestly don't know... what I'm worth? o_O That sounds bad, lol. But it's kinda how I feel! I don't know the appropriate price to show my boobies! Or buttplug, or show, ect.

I wouldn't worry about worrying about not knowing what you're worth.
It literally happens in every day life, in every day job. Of course some people are confident and bold with "this is what I think I am worth...". The biggest example I can think of, which I think the majority of people seem to think in this kind of situation, is your cv/resume. I know it's not the same as prices, but it's the same principal and selling yourself.

But for prices, if you seem to reach things too easily, increase the price (goals). If you seem to be getting more requests for "boobs" rather than other menu items, increase them too - but do it slowly/gradually. Don't go from 25 tokens boobs one day, to the next charging double or triple. Increase by 5 or 10 or so, then see how that works. Whilst you do that, decrease prices maybe a little for the unpopular items. If you have obvious assets that are popular, big ass, big boobs... then of course maybe go higher with those immediately.

Just don't be afraid to experiment, I guess.

Thank you for the feedback! All of this is helpful.
What kind of countdowns do you guys do and what do you charge? I range from 444, 555, 777. I like doing my countdowns in patterns like that lol. Like free the boobies I'll typically do 444.
My countdowns do get finished, not super fast, but they do.

Another issue that I worry about is making 500 tokens in an hour to keep my cam score up...:eek:

Also, here is my tip menu! People seem to do a little bit of everything, but rarely a pussy flash, so maybe I'll lower that one.
11 tokens ... my favorite number! :))
66 tokens ... buy me a shot :h:
77 tokens ... paddle spank (3)
33 tokens ... hand spanks (5)
99 tokens ... pussyyy flash
55 tokens ... spin the wheel!

Don't forget to keep in mind how much the token packages are. I only ask for 200 tokens for my video set because it's super easy to get guys to spend $20 on the 200 token package. I feel like if I asked 250 tokens I would sell a lot less because guys who don't have any tokens would either have to buy the next package up or the 200 + 50 extra. Just something to keep in mind!

Don't forget to keep in mind how much the token packages are. I only ask for 200 tokens for my video set because it's super easy to get guys to spend $20 on the 200 token package. I feel like if I asked 250 tokens I would sell a lot less because guys who don't have any tokens would either have to buy the next package up or the 200 + 50 extra. Just something to keep in mind!

wow great point! thanks!

Reactions: AlyssaYoung
@DejaElectra I have no clue how girls do 3000 + goals... mine is always a 1000 or little less and only once have I made that in going on three months working. I've tried putting more then NO one shows up...At too much less not a single tip cause then everyone wants to see if they can get me to be free. I still wonder often if I'm just too ugly for this or something... I'm not super skinny, not extreme bbw, I'm in the chub range and no one seems to like girls who fall there much... I've seen many in my body type range who struggle. I either get wow she's so cute then they see my tummy and run, or wow yes a bbw chick then they see I'm not too big and run... T_T My personality is great my few regulars say, and no one ever knows what to tell me I am doing wrong, so it gets so frustrating...I've invested hundreds in equipment and now I'm broke and just... downhearted... I try different things and think over any advice I get too. Sigh... but I'm just as invisible as a camgirl as I am irl... I beg here for help and advice often but nothing has ever helped in practice and I usually just hear to play the waiting game until winter when it hopefully picks up, but this is my only job.
Ok, first off, you are not “too ugly for this” -___-
I’m in the same boat body image-wise! I’m not super fit or skinny but I’m also not big enough for the guys that are into bbw. It does seem to make it a bit harder but I’ve seen a few girls that make it work :) I have “thick” and “curvy” as tags, my regulars seem to agree with that Lol I’ve noticed that wearing clothing that covers my lower tummy is most flattering and keeps new guys in my room longer. The other day I did a schoolgirl theme by request. The skirt was high waisted and accentuated the narrowest part of my waist and covered the rest..I made more tips that night in my public room than I have any other night.
My regulars do ask why I’m not fully nude ever, I tell them I get 100% nekkid in privates, they leave it alone after that.
I try to use mid-high waisted clothing and garter belts to my advantage :p

Im new on mfc, and I'm using it as just a fun bonus- that said I make a goal for my shift. Before hand I'll do the math to figure out what I want for the number of hours I want to put in. I have a chronic illness, so my time on cam varies, but I usually do 2 or 3 hours, and try to average 3000-6000 tokens. I do 500-1k intervals to build up to a cum show. 500 for boobs out, 1k to take off panties etc, and I count any of my little room tips for other stuff like spank etc towards the countdowns. So far I've been happy with the response. After camming on other sites for a while, I've realize that I'm worth more than I "think" I'm worth.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kirby
I’ve noticed that wearing clothing that covers my lower tummy is most flattering and keeps new guys in my room longer.

Sorry to double post, I just saw this. I'm also curvy and thick with a tummy, and I do the same thing. I find the more "confident" I am, the more I make and the less guys are shitty about my weight. I also am transparent and have my real weight listed on my profile along with tags that say thick and curvy, and I refuse to let anyone make me feel bad about how I look. My first day on mfc I had a guy be like "for a heavier girl you sure are confident" And I was like dude, I get naked on the internet for strangers, do you think I'd do this if I wasn't all about my body? Not sure if the member base on that site prefers demure submissive insecure girls so they can be white knights, but I shut that down pretty quickly.

Reactions: Ivyy Rain
Whatever you set as your price, you will ALWAYS get guys who will come along and tell you that you're charging too much.
NEVER lower for those guys if other guys are happily paying it.
I charge 100 tokens to friend add/PM and you wouldn't believe the amount of asshats who complain that's too high.
Many guys want stuff for nothing so never allow them to back you into undercharging

I dont care if they think my prices are too high, I want my tokens and thats that. I make them happy for their tokens, I'm happy so is all good. I NEVER lowered prices , no matter what they promised me like " if you show me tits for free or less i take you pvt bb". HAHAHAHAHA NO !

I dont care if they think my prices are too high, I want my tokens and thats that. I make them happy for their tokens, I'm happy so is all good. I NEVER lowered prices , no matter what they promised me like " if you show me tits for free or less i take you pvt bb". HAHAHAHAHA NO !

Oh god, definitely not - I agree.
A lot of these guys can cum within 10 seconds, so a quick flash to you and me is a free wank for them.

Reactions: Pure_emotion
Status
Not open for further replies.