AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Using Performer Name on P.O. Boxes?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43650
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 43650

So....I've had five packages go missing (presumably stolen) since I moved into my new place two months ago. This is a gated community and mgmt has this brilliant protocol when it comes to packages: the office closes at 5pm M-F. If a package is delivered while the office is closed, it gets left sitting out front of the gate for greedy theft hands to have a free-for-all. I was incredulous at first - I mean, haven't they thought of a package dropbox or something?!

Three of these missing packages were Amazon wishlist buys. This blows. It sucks having to email a fan and tell them "Thanks for spending $50 on me, but uh...your gift got stolen, so I guess we are both S.O.L."

Thus, I've decided a P.O. box is the way to go.

And then...

I was told something rather interesting when I inquired about it at USPS. Apparently you cannot use pseudonyms for a P.O. box? The USPS folks told me that all aliases/P.O. box recipients require two forms of identification. Needless to say, I don't have an ID that says "Tex, the Muscle Jock"! Ha!

What's up with this? Is this B.S.? It wouldn't be the first time USPS has misinformed me. I ship out worn gear multiple times per week and have never been asked to use a return address, and suddenly, I go in to ship a package two days ago, and the SAME lady who ships my return address-less packages on the regular tells me:

"You are required by law to use a return address. It's because of the Unabomber." Wooooow, the Unabomber, huh? You mean that thing that happened back in the late seventies and ended in the mid nineties?

Anyway, I don't trust what they tell me, as the info seems to conveniently change every time I go there - but I do trust my fellow models' actual experiences.

tl;dr: Can I set up a USPS P.O. box under my model name/psuedonym? I don't see a point in a box if I can't...

Thanks as always, y'all!

I recommend using UPS instead of USPS. UPS will give you an actual street address to use, not a PO box and they also give you a key to enter the building 24 hours a day and get your mail. They let me use my stage name no problem, even on customs forms. :) Call around to different ones in your area, since they are franchised their pricing will vary.

I recommend using UPS instead of USPS. UPS will give you an actual street address to use, not a PO box and they also give you a key to enter the building 24 hours a day and get your mail. They let me use my stage name no problem, even on customs forms. :) Call around to different ones in your area, since they are franchised their pricing will vary.

Thank you, this is super helpful! I'm so done with USPS at this point; I'll gladly go over to UPS :D

The 24-hour access is a big plus, too.

I'll check back in and let everyone know how this goes in case any other models have the same question/concern.

Reactions: Ivy Adams
Yikes, you were using your home address for wishlist purchases?

tsk tsk.

Yep, but I obfuscated it as much as possible. All anyone can see is my city, which is huge, so it doesn't worry me *too* much... But still, the P.O. box would make me far more comfortable. Even then, with the box they'd still see my city, wouldn't they?

I tested out my Amazon wishlist with a throaway account and ordered something for myself - all that shows is city/state and my 'model name'. BUT *some* third party sellers on Amazon can give out the address (to my understanding) so for now, I only list Amazon-fulfilled products.

If you have any tips on this I'm all ears though! I'm still a n00b when it comes to the wishlist stuff. Thanks Amber :D

Needless to say, I don't have an ID that says "Tex, the Muscle Jock"! Ha!
That line made me chuckle more than I should dare to admit. Then I felt a slight tinge of dissapointment, cause it would be awesome id.

From my experience, thought the rental contract for box has your actual name, the address for a P.O. box can be alias or name of business, there was a handy feature where you receive a text on your phone whenever package was deposited in box and awaiting you to pick it up.

As a possible alternative, SpoiledOnline.com and DeliveryCode.com are both wishlist hosting sites that fulfill orders anonymously for gifter and recipient, and allow you to add items from almost anywhere. I've used both and have been happy enough with the service, and the downsides are that a.) they do charge a fee to the gifter (I forget what percentage) and b.) due to processing times and possibly busy times of the year, it does take longer than receiving it directly.

(Spoiled has a less intuitive/more confusing site, but they tend to process things quicker than DeliveryCode)

Others may have more insight on wishlist hosting sites, but thought I would offer what I know. :)

Reactions: ExcellaExe
Uh oh, UPS is telling me I can't use a pseudonym unless it's "registered with the city." Is it going to be necessary to set up a business ID rather than just carry on as an individual then?

I'm a bit stumped now :( I was looking forward to having a PO Box, but if I can't receive under my model name, it defeats the whole purpose of maintaining privacy.

Did anyone else encounter this? Am I missing something to this process? :blackeye:

Uh oh, UPS is telling me I can't use a pseudonym unless it's "registered with the city." Is it going to be necessary to set up a business ID rather than just carry on as an individual then?

I'm a bit stumped now :( I was looking forward to having a PO Box, but if I can't receive under my model name, it defeats the whole purpose of maintaining privacy.

Did anyone else encounter this? Am I missing something to this process? :blackeye:
We had to make up a story about how the box was for our niece who gets ebay stuff and the family doesn't want her name visible to online resellers. It took some convincing.

It sucks that it's so hard to use a fictitious name without having it registered as an official fictitious name.

We had to make up a story about how the box was for our niece who gets ebay stuff and the family doesn't want her name visible to online resellers. It took some convincing.

It sucks that it's so hard to use a fictitious name without having it registered as an official fictitious name.
They keep giving me the "You might be committing fraud" spiel and act like it's up to some other source to "approve" it? So I'm not even certain where the final word comes from. I should have gone to the neighborhood with all the drag queen shows because maybe they'd be able to give some solid answers about stage names.

I guess I'll have to twiddle my thumbs until I get word if they accept the alias... Hard to say at this point if it's a matter of going to a store where they just don't know enough about it in the face of tightening security on identification, or if this is a roadblock to the models that are still too small-time for the official biz docs.

Does anyone have experience with this and amazon wishlist? I have my amazon wishlist sent to an amazon pick up box....but obviously curvyjforyyou is not my real name... should I change it? would part of my first name and last initial be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.