AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fantasy Dildos Like Bad Dragon and Exotic Erotics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I noticed that there were no threads specifically talking about the pros and cons of fantasy dildos, so this thread is a chance to address that. By "fantasy dildo" I mean the category of products that are best represented by companies like Bad Dragon and Exotic Erotics. These dildos are typically designed to look like animals or fantasy creatures. There are many vendors selling into this market, and here is one list of many smaller vendors.

I will be honest that up to now I have been a skeptic about these. I thought the shapes were weird, and I thought the fixation on animals was also a little niche market. Well I ordered one of these to use on my girlfriend, and wow I am a convert. And I think I understand the success of these products now.

At their core, these toys are not really about imitating animals. Really what these dildos excel at is G spot stimulation, and their strange curving shapes are all about creating interesting ways to stroke the girl that a human penis could never do. These vendors figured out that women really like girth more than length, and they put the girth into interesting places like the mid section, or they make the products progressively wider as they go in deeper. That creates so many interesting variations that I could easily see a couple owning a small zoo of these things. Metaphors to zoos aside, I kind of wish they would make more of these strange shapes look more human-like. The fact they look animal-like is actually a distraction for me. But function is what matters most.

Now the negative thing was that they have no suction cup option. At very least couldn't they support one of those systems like Doc Johnson offers to mount a suction cup when you need it? These things are very awkward to hold in the hand, so this is a big negative for me. I know that some vendors and some models do have some kind of suction base, but in general I found the lack of standardization and the lack of optionality about this to be a big negative.

Equally negative for me was the lack of a good system for mounting these onto a harness. If they would standardize on a mounting option for a suction cup, that same system could be used to attach to a harness. Or they could optionally design their own harness tailor made to their base designs. So the shaping of these products is usually genius, but they need to do a lot more engineering around how they actually get deployed and used.

The final thing is not a negative, but it is a curiosity still. They have different levels of firmness. And I am not clear at all which sizes should be used with which firmnesses. On one level, you would think that the larger models should be made soft so that they will fit when the body squeezes down on them. On the other hand, won't a soft firmness matched to a large model result in something that does not stand up under its own weight? I do not want to order 10 of these things to figure out how this all balances out in practical terms. So I am still struggling with that.

Please share what you love and hate about these products. Which specific models stand out as most excellent for you and why?

Bad Dragon do offer a suction cup option! You have to choose it when picking your toy :)
Also, they have a "New to Bad Dragon?" FAQ kinda page that does explain about the size and firmness of things, and they detail how softer materials will have trouble holding a large toy upright. BD also has the firmness samples, which are kind of like little disks of different levels of firmness so you can choose what best suits you.
I've seen someone mount Bad Dragon toys to a fuck machine, not sure how they did it, maybe just tape or tying it to the rod, but I've seen that it can be done- and I've also seen people use shibari harness ties to make rope strap on harnesses to fit BD toys.

Also yeah, at first I was skeptical about some things - didn't want to order something and then have people scream "BEASTIALITY" at me, but I've talked to others and 100% agree it's all about the texture and uniqueness of the toys :D I can't wait to get one for myself!

Im just discovering these toys and I cant wait to get some

I love the imagination put into Bad Dragon products, so I browse them quite a bit... but I think they're really for the more advanced dildo connoisseur (and from reading OJST reviews on them, I don't think they're quite for me yet :/ )

I think the OJST reviews perfectly demonstrate my point regarding the confusing number of permutations. She gave bad reviews to their products before they finally found one that she did like, which was the Echo. Here is her review of Echo. You could easily go through six orders with this company before you found something that worked for you. That isn't a good thing.

Bad Dragon do offer a suction cup option! You have to choose it when picking your toy :)
Also, they have a "New to Bad Dragon?" FAQ kinda page that does explain about the size and firmness of things, and they detail how softer materials will have trouble holding a large toy upright. BD also has the firmness samples, which are kind of like little disks of different levels of firmness so you can choose what best suits you.
I've seen someone mount Bad Dragon toys to a fuck machine, not sure how they did it, maybe just tape or tying it to the rod, but I've seen that it can be done- and I've also seen people use shibari harness ties to make rope strap on harnesses to fit BD toys.

Also yeah, at first I was skeptical about some things - didn't want to order something and then have people scream "BEASTIALITY" at me, but I've talked to others and 100% agree it's all about the texture and uniqueness of the toys :D I can't wait to get one for myself!

There is an option for a suction base, so thanks for pointing that out. Does it actually work well? You would need an enormous flat surface to work with given the large size of their bases.

That still leaves open the problem of how to mount that monster to a harness or a machine.

I understand they have some samples, but I could easily see going through a large number of orders trying to get everything just right. The problems that the other poster pointed out at OJST are a perfect example of this. OJST are professional sex toy reviewers, and even they couldn't find a way to get the shape and material firmness right. It took them many tries and Bad Dragon had to keep sending them products until they found the right combination of shape and firmness.

I understand they have some samples, but I could easily see going through a large number of orders trying to get everything just right. The problems that the other poster pointed out at OJST are a perfect example of this. OJST are professional sex toy reviewers, and even they couldn't find a way to get the shape and material firmness right. It took them many tries and Bad Dragon had to keep sending them products until they found the right combination of shape and firmness.

I wonder if this is common. And if there is any thing they can do about it. Or if this is more like know your shoe size, If you don't know your shoe size, your going to have to try on a few different sizes and brands to find the shoes that fit you.

There is an option for a suction base, so thanks for pointing that out. Does it actually work well?
yL6F6AE.jpg

This is like a running gag in the BD community.Just randomly throwing toys on the ceiling.

That still leaves open the problem of how to mount that monster to a harness or a machine.

There is a whole reddit thread about BD toys in strap-on.

I wonder if this is common. And if there is any thing they can do about it. Or if this is more like know your shoe size, If you don't know your shoe size, your going to have to try on a few different sizes and brands to find the shoes that fit you.

This is like a running gag in the BD community.Just randomly throwing toys on the ceiling.

There is a whole reddit thread about BD toys in strap-on.

I do not think this is like shoe size. Some of these designs use radically different shape approaches. It feels like each dildo is its own proposition. In general I feel like their large toys are just ridiculously oversized and not designed for 99% of all human beings. The medium and smaller toys that must make up most of their sales are a little too short. The base on many of the toys looks rough and unfinished and several reviewers online complain about it not feeling good at the base. That has the effect of making something that is already too short even shorter.

The photo you posted is choice! You are giving me some diabolical ideas to chase with my girl.

Thanks for the Reddit thread. That thread looks mostly about showing off photos with O rings. I hate O-ring harnesses. O-rings are another case where you have to match the diameter of the O to the specific toy. It can be a nightmare to insert and remove. Honestly, can't someone engineer such a basic device as a harness to flexibly mount different shapes securely and *quickly*? The thing with toys like this is you want to be able to change things up rapidly. It has to be natural. No one wants to invest 10 minutes in mount and dismount operations for a toy. It makes me want to hire a design engineer and come up with a new product. I would do that if it weren't for the fact that - assuming it actually worked and sold - the Chinese would just copy it and then sell it for $10 on Alibaba.

Reactions: NaomiNyx
Yah 0 Rings are really the current option for BD toys. Unless your going to buy a couple different size harness.

If some one is looking for a harness. That can handle multiple ring sizes. I would suggest looking at a harness where the button on straps pass through the padded back Not sown to the pad. That way you can easily change sizes, by swapping out rings.

Just as an example.
Malibu Terra Firma
malibu-terra-firma-harness-strap-ons-harnesses-stockroom-1.jpg

It includes 3 ring sizes, and there no reason you can't swap out the rings for larger rings and or or metal rings.

Tantus Silicone O Rings

Some people just ditch the back completely. Sense the bad dragon toys tend to have a large base to them.

FYI
Nylon straps are super easy to tighten, and offer a snug fit in comparison to buckles. And if they get loose it's very easy to sure up the straps. Plus you can cut off the excess nylon to keep from having too much excess strap hanging off the sides. If you do cut the straps, you would probable want to singe the edges to keep them from fraying.

I personally know people that swear by BD, and i am planning on making a purchase soon.

I think its just important to look into the styles and sizes to see what you would like for them. More options is usually better.

I have been really wanting to try some of the alien/monster/dragon dildos!!! They look soooo cool. I'm just a bit worried about the size because I don't like big dildos, but I'm sure there are smaller options. The description about how these toys are good for G-spot stimulation makes me REALLY want to get one!

"At their core, these toys are not really about imitating animals."

Really? REALLY?

If you want to give one a try I'm honestly leveling no judgment on you at all, go for it and enjoy yourself. That said, lets not engage in the absurd mental gymnastics of trying to rationalize that it's not a dog or horse cock simply because it's some other color. That's where things really begin to get unhealthy. It's a safe way to play in a taboo but lets not forget that denial and rationalization are a dark path to start down on. Safe and sane doesn't just apply to getting tied up and having your ass paddled.

I have been really wanting to try some of the alien/monster/dragon dildos!!! They look soooo cool. I'm just a bit worried about the size because I don't like big dildos, but I'm sure there are smaller options. The description about how these toys are good for G-spot stimulation makes me REALLY want to get one!
Bad dragon offer smaller options :3 I don't think I'll be getting a huge one since I am really tiny down there. But I love so much the design of their toys! Even the mal masturbators look amazing! I absolutely love the design of Nox in it's signature colors! Hope to get my hands on one soon! :D

I just purchased my first bad dragon toy about a month and a half ago, I can't wait to get it! I will gripe about the wait though, I understand that custom toys take a long time to make and ship but jeez louise...
The process of making it alone takes about 6 weeks, then there's also a few days for processing the order, they're great about shipping it out in two days, and then you have your shipping time that it takes to get to you. They've become so popular they sometimes have back orders so you have to wait a little extra but they're a great company and the toys are well worth the wait

I love my BD dildos! I personally choose the cum tube over suction cups but their suction cups are amazing. One of the cons I have with them is certain lubes will stain/cloud the cum tube making it looks gross now matter how much I clean it, and I'm still usually left with some hard water stains,
I know you can bleach them which may be a pro but I don't feel comfortable doing that
The fact you can customize it so much is really incredible

I have to say, this recent rising popularity of fantasy toys has been something of a revelation for me on a personal level. I've always had an erotic interest in pulpy sci-fi, fantasy, and monster horror. I've mostly stuck to cartoons and CG animation to get my fix of this sort of stuff. Stuff like Bad Dragon toys have served as a great bridge to find live action material that goes in that direction. Cosplay, plus big, crazy, rainbow-colored fantasy toys is now a niche that's abundant with great material, and that hasn't really been the case until fairly recently.

It's a little mind-boggling that silicon molding is a technology that has developed to a "we live in the future" state, where we can buy just about anything we can imagine that turns us on. Wanna fuck a unicorn or a dragon? Sure. Wanna have a zombie or a mermaid waifu? We gotcha, fam. AI life companion in a robot body? Yours, starting at just $7,999.

What a time to be horny.

Does anyone use these for their camshows? I think Chaturbate's ToS has a rule against animal shaped toys, but I also recall seeing a studio model using Bad Dragon toys in her show. I am interested in getting an exotic toy but don't want to press my luck.

I see models use Bad Dragon (and similar) toys on Streamate all of the time, but I think that Chaturbates rules are stricter unfortunately. You might be okay with something that is a fantasy based cock, and less modelled after a real animal.

One of my boys bought me these last week. I am very impatiently waiting for them to ship now.

Attachments

• il_794xN.2180137052_2ova.jpg
    il_794xN.2180137052_2ova.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
  • il_794xN.2236173815_bjbr.jpg
    il_794xN.2236173815_bjbr.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Autumn Nights
Status
Not open for further replies.