AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am truly looking for an explanation.... I won't take your post as an attack, because you don't know me and in your shoes I would probably say the same thing. There *has* to be a reason for girls to be blocking me. Right?

Well, I know they do have *some* reason, it's just that I don't always understand what that reason is.

If I did harass models, if I did haggle with them over the price, if I did try to ask for free samples, if I did try to make additions/changes to a custom after having agreed on a script/price, if I did send messages daily asking for updates or if I was a pain to deal with for any other reason I'm aware of, I think I would have figured that out. In my case the answer is not that obvious...

For the record, 90% of the girls who blocked me have never corresponded with me, they can't see that I've looked at their profiles (I have that option turned off) and there is nothing on my profile to offend/upset anyone, because it's blank. (I don't understand these blocks.)

The other 10% are mostly "preemptive blocks" - they block me either as a way of saying "no" when I contact them about making me a custom or as a way of avoiding having to say anything to me after they agreed to do a custom and then don't do it. I don't see how I could be at fault for either of those - it's just the model either being scared and blocking me maybe because of bad experiences in the past with members who couldn't handle a "no" or the model herself lacking any social skills and thinking that blocking someone who sent a polite inquiry is an acceptable way of saying "no". (I can guess the reason for these blocks. I personally think it's rude to block someone who approaches you politely and has done nothing hostile, but that's a different discussion.)

When I order a custom on MGF, it generally goes like this:

- I send a message asking the model if she would be interested in making me a custom video and I describe what I would like her to do, what outfit I would like her to wear and the length of the video. Then I ask her to let me know, if she's interested, how many credits she would like for it and how long will it take her to make the video. (No haggling and no rushing.)

- Usually, the model will reply with a price, but not say how much time she needs, so I make an escrow that expires after 7-14 days. If the model does tell me when she would be sending me the video, I usually add 2-3 days to it.

- At that point I start waiting and the model either does the video and sends it to me before the escrow expires, in which case I usually accept the video right away so she literally gets paid within minutes (I think the longest I ever took to approve one was a few hours) or the escrow expires in which case I either extend the escrow for another week without a word or I send the model a quick message to ask her to let me know if she still intends to do the video so I know whether I should extend the escrow to give her more time. (Again, no demanding the video, no rushing the model, no anger at all.)

I try not to annoy models, because:

1) That's not the way I am.
2) If I try to rush a model, then even if she does end up doing the video, it will be "rushed" - recorded quickly in order to get it done faster to get me off her back. The result? A lower quality product.
3) If I try to pressure/bribe a model into doing something she doesn't want to do, I'll also end up with a lower quality product. I'm better off getting it from another model who likes the idea.

This is common sense and there is nothing to gain from trying to bully a model into doing something she doesn't want to do or doing it faster than her schedule/mood dictates. I always just set up the escrow and then wait, because I prefer to get a video that the model took care to do right.

I think I also mentioned this before, but I do get mostly positive feedback from models. I've had cam girls tell me that I'm so nice/polite compared to most people they have to deal with. I've had models tell me they love to work with me because I'm always so clear about what I want them to do and they find it very helpful. I've just had a female coworker compliment me last week on how "chill" I am when things go wrong and how she can't even imagine me losing my temper. I have no reason to think I'm a difficult customer... MGF is the only site where I've ever been blocked and as I said, it's usually models I haven't interacted with before. That's why I don't understand the reason for the block. Is it possible that it's some glitch?
It could be because models on mgf fear negative reviews so much that they preemptively block any member who gives even a hint of not following through or not wanting to buy a custom. The models on mgf are purely driven and judged by their review points. As you know, after exchanging five credits, even simply through messaging, you as a member are allowed to rate said model from 1 to 5 and have it reflected for all to see on her public profile. Some models would rather ban members with low or no reviews because they know it is in their best interest to not gamble on filming a 10 minute custom only to have you leave them a 3 star rating over their outfit choice. Mgf may not be the best place for you to commission custom content. I think mgf is more for the gfe guys who want 1 on 1 interaction. Leave the custom requests to sites like iwantclips.com as they have the best escrow system that not only gives the model her full clip price but also gives you full clip guarantee satisfaction!

It could be because models on mgf fear negative reviews so much that they preemptively block any member who gives even a hint of not following through or not wanting to buy a custom. The models on mgf are purely driven and judged by their review points. As you know, after exchanging five credits, even simply through messaging, you as a member are allowed to rate said model from 1 to 5 and have it reflected for all to see on her public profile. Some models would rather ban members with low or no reviews because they know it is in their best interest to not gamble on filming a 10 minute custom only to have you leave them a 3 star rating over their outfit choice. Mgf may not be the best place for you to commission custom content. I think mgf is more for the gfe guys who want 1 on 1 interaction. Leave the custom requests to sites like iwantclips.com as they have the best escrow system that not only gives the model her full clip price but also gives you full clip guarantee satisfaction!
Yeah, MGF definitely turned out to be different from what I was expecting when I signed up - it's mostly girls who want to chat and "be spoiled" by members.

I don't know if I would fall into the category of members that are too risky for models to deal with, though. I only have 6 reviews, but they are all 5 stars and the most often used words to describe me were "generous" and "sweet". LOL... My previous account had 15 5-star reviews and I had the same issues with being blocked randomly with that account.

Anyways, I think I'll try another site when I want to get more customs - either the one you suggested (thanks for the suggestion!) or ManyVids, which was recommended on the previous page. I still have some credits on MGF, and some girls I enjoy working with, but once they are gone or I run out of video ideas for them I'll not try to look for new girls on that site.

Models on MFC who are overly pushy with Dms. Like, I can understand DMing a member if they give you a big tip, however, if I only DM a model 10 tks, that doesn't mean I want her to add me to her friends list and dm me ever time we're both online. It's even worse when they're like a top 200 model. It's like, don't you have better things to do? Also, models who assume that if you're a sub, that means you want engage in fin dom play with them.

Models on MFC who are overly pushy with Dms. Like, I can understand DMing a member if they give you a big tip, however, if I only DM a model 10 tks, that doesn't mean I want her to add me to her friends list and dm me ever time we're both online. It's even worse when they're like a top 200 model. It's like, don't you have better things to do? Also, models who assume that if you're a sub, that means you want engage in fin dom play with them.

Totally agree with this, sometimes if I see a model like that online I will jump off because I can't be bothered with it and don't really want to be rude by blocking them or telling them to leave me alone. Yet that doesn't work because they will then take offence and start commenting the next time that you were deliberately avoiding them, which I suppose is true.

Reactions: Useful-Title

So I have actually stopped using MFC about 90% of the time because of this issue. Every time I go there I have three models sending me DMs trying to catch up. I cannot have four good conversations at the same time. I dislike having to be mean to people and telling them there is no time to talk to them and that I cannot promise when I might see them again. I mean I can do that, but why would I like doing that? CB lets me maintain my privacy and lets me choose when I want to be seen and by whom. That has such high value to me that I give 90% of my business to CB.

Reactions: Slapstick
Totally agree with this, sometimes if I see a model like that online I will jump off because I can't be bothered with it and don't really want to be rude by blocking them or telling them to leave me alone. Yet that doesn't work because they will then take offence and start commenting the next time that you were deliberately avoiding them, which I suppose is true.
That happened to me a lot. Eventually, got sick of having to constantly close PM's or listen to them. Just be real and be honest with them. Yeah, might feel like shit for a moment or two. But, it's either continue to avoid them, or put up with their shit. If they guilt trip you, or whatever, just block them.

Easier way to hand it:

Block everyone but friends and bookmarked models from sending you messages. Then, if you decide to go into a room, add the model to your bookmarks. This way, she can still contact you. If you decide you don't like her for whatever reason, can remove her from bookmark list.

The above is what I do. Personally, I think it's rude to go into a room and block the model from sending you a PM. It's a bit of work to manage. But, only a few seconds and clicks more than already do

I restrict my pm to friends only. I only had an issue with one model that would constantly badger me in PM's that prompted me to do this. I generally when visiting a new model will add her to my friend list should she choose to message me. But, honestly I haven't really had enough experience with overwhelming pm's. You could always say tip x for PM BB ;)

I restrict my pm to friends only. I only had an issue with one model that would constantly badger me in PM's that prompted me to do this. I generally when visiting a new model will add her to my friend list should she choose to message me. But, honestly I haven't really had enough experience with overwhelming pm's. You could always say tip x for PM BB ;)

one of the reasons why I like using bookmarks is so I can add them there in case I want to revisit but still not certain about keeping them added.

one of the reasons why I like using bookmarks is so I can add them there in case I want to revisit but still not certain about keeping them added.

I should clarify. I only add a model to my friends list if I regularly visit them. I have never tried the bookmark or other note tracking aspects of MFC. I've usually tipped some amount of tokens during a sustained visit so the new model is in my tip history etc.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I should clarify. I only add a model to my friends list if I regularly visit them. I have never tried the bookmark or other note tracking aspects of MFC. I've usually tipped some amount of tokens during a sustained visit so the new model is in my tip history etc.

So, if you go into a model's room you've never been in, what do you do? Initially, you said you add them to friend's list. But, then retracted it and said you only reserve it for models you regularly visit. Thus, why I commented on using the bookmarked model tag. Just inquiring for better clarification. ;)

So, if you go into a model's room you've never been in, what do you do? Initially, you said you add them to friend's list. But, then retracted it and said you only reserve it for models you regularly visit. Thus, why I commented on using the bookmarked model tag. Just inquiring for better clarification. ;)

The first time I go into a models room I try to get a feel for how they interact, look over the tip menu if they have it. And kind of work into a conversation in the chat if I'm feeling talkative or the room is talkative. If there is a tip menu and I like things then I tip for what I like off the menu. I don't add them to my friend list just because I tipped them that first time. I don't tip to be added to their friend list etc. I have never tried the bookmark feature. I probably don't visit enough models to really get a feel for that feature to be necessary. If I spend any significant amount of time in a models room I will tip them so they are going to be in my tip history. Thus if I forget who they are I can generally find who they are that way.

When I say I add a model to my friends list, I mean i add a model that I regularly visit. A first time visit doesn't mean they are going on my Friends list a few visits 5 to 10 times etc. doesn't mean they are going to be on my friends list. If i visit a model several times over a few months/years they will likely end up on my friends list. When I feel that I've been regularly visiting them enough to be cool with them pm'ing me then that is when I add them to my friend's list. I can't be any more detailed than that.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Thanks and no worries, it's all good. Was just curious on the PM aspect since you seemed to contradict yourself a bit. For me, I don't mind the initial PM, since I can control it and I like to give a person the opportunity to say a "Thank you" however they feel if they decide to.

I know not everyone is comfortable with PMs, while others are not comfortable with public chat.

I do the same in terms of restricted PM's to friends and bookmarks.

The dilemma I sometimes have is that the models that like to bombard you with a PM the second you log on are not someone you necessarily want to block off or remove from these lists because they are models you do sometimes enjoy tipping and visiting. But sometimes you just want some freedom to just chill out and hang in different rooms or even just watch different people from lounges.

I guess it sounds selfish, but I just want to be in control, I just want to be able to log on and choose who to talk to, who to visit without feeling pressured or smothered.

I do the same in terms of restricted PM's to friends and bookmarks.

The dilemma I sometimes have is that the models that like to bombard you with a PM the second you log on are not someone you necessarily want to block off or remove from these lists because they are models you do sometimes enjoy tipping and visiting. But sometimes you just want some freedom to just chill out and hang in different rooms or even just watch different people from lounges.

I guess it sounds selfish, but I just want to be in control, I just want to be able to log on and choose who to talk to, who to visit without feeling pressured or smothered.

you should try streamate. models can send inbox messages to previous custies, but no chat feature. we also have no idea if members who spend are online until they visit you in your room.

On a similar note, a model friend of mine isnt a PM bombarder, but when shes online I'll often hear something along the lines of "so many of my friends online, but so few in my room" I get why that would be annoying to the model, but the fact is, she isnt the only girl on the internet at that given time.
It's gotten to the point that if i want to log on when she is typically online, but dont want to go in her room, i go on as a guest first and check if she is already there and just not log on if she is.

On a similar note, a model friend of mine isnt a PM bombarder, but when shes online I'll often hear something along the lines of "so many of my friends online, but so few in my room" I get why that would be annoying to the model, but the fact is, she isnt the only girl on the internet at that given time.
It's gotten to the point that if i want to log on when she is typically online, but dont want to go in her room, i go on as a guest first and check if she is already there and just not log on if she is.

I am guilty of this. The irony of it is that I am doing it because I like to think I am nice and want to spare the feelings of the model in question, yet when you read back your own posts like these type of posts, you end up looking like a complete ass.

There is a model that PM's me who I tipped one time about 2 years ago. I don't like to block people and it doesn't bother me but I do feel kind of bad for her. I changed my username at one point and one of her messages asked me who I was but she still keeps on PMing away.

Yeah, sometimes I get it on why they comment to try and bring some people in. But, at the same time, I feel as if it's a bit of a guilt trip like what my mother or ex-wife used to do. Of which, none of the models are neither.

Well, don't want to knock down anybody's "hustle" but, come on, some of the chat rooms topics are frankly quite hilarious. Not 100% accurate but, I mean, you'll get the idea:

"OMG shhh guys, shhh. I'm not home alone. Cannot scream. Parents in the kitchen arguing with the plumber and pizza guy will be here any moment. OMG, don't want to get caught!!! What am I going to do? #help #daddy #nolimits #makemescream in #french #english #italian #dutch #german. Yeah, my boyfriend next to me, who btw is doing the typing for me, is a freakin' google translator polyglot.

Wait, what? Thought you weren't allowed to scream and, most of all, how are you supposed to be doing it in multiple languages without any sound? #mystery #camgirlmagic

Well, don't want to knock down anybody's "hustle" but, come on, some of the chat rooms topics are frankly quite hilarious. Not 100% accurate but, I mean, you'll get the idea:

"OMG shhh guys, shhh. I'm not home alone. Cannot scream. Parents in the kitchen arguing with the plumber and pizza guy will be here any moment. OMG, don't want to get caught!!! What am I going to do? #help #daddy #nolimits #makemescream in #french #english #italian #dutch #german. Yeah, my boyfriend next to me, who btw is doing the typing for me, is a freakin' google translator polyglot.

Wait, what? Thought you weren't allowed to scream and, most of all, how are you supposed to be doing it in multiple languages without any sound? #mystery #camgirlmagic

These are the "Days of Our Lives" "As the World Turns"... ;)

The PM thing is frustrating. What I find is that everybody wants different things.

Some ppl love it if I send a quick hello once t they've visited once or twice. Others hate it.

Pls just be honest with us. I won't take offense if someone is like "hey I don't really PM much unless I know you super well" or "not a great time" or even just no response. If I get silence I can take a hint!!

I literally lost a dude who visited 3 times tonight because he said I didn't PM him like I did the last time. Losing my mind over here@!!

I remember why I never read this thread. It makes me so paranoid that everything I do is annoying lol

The PM thing is frustrating. What I find is that everybody wants different things.

Some ppl love it if I send a quick hello once t they've visited once or twice. Others hate it.

Pls just be honest with us. I won't take offense if someone is like "hey I don't really PM much unless I know you super well" or "not a great time" or even just no response. If I get silence I can take a hint!!

I literally lost a dude who visited 3 times tonight because he said I didn't PM him like I did the last time. Losing my mind over here@!!

I remember why I never read this thread. It makes me so paranoid that everything I do is annoying lol

THIS! I'm in that category of members who restrict PM's to just friends. If I've friended a model because I had a nice time in her room, or we'd done a nice private, or whatever and she PM's me out of the blue I'm just honest. "Hey you, doing great, thanks for asking! Chatting with another friend, I'll try and swing by before I log off." I mean, if I added her to my friend's list obviously something went well, right? If I never planned on ever visiting again I wouldn't have added her to be reminded. Now I'll tell you a DIFFERENT story if someone keeps at me, lol, but this seems to be a nice way of handling it - haven't ever had any issues from it personally.

I've been avoiding over PMing members because of this, the main thing being ones that have tipped for a PM but then left for an hour and came back or got logged out by bad internet connection for a moment. I have to PM them so they can PM me like they paid for but now I have to worry it might be annoying too

I've been avoiding over PMing members because of this, the main thing being ones that have tipped for a PM but then left for an hour and came back or got logged out by bad internet connection for a moment. I have to PM them so they can PM me like they paid for but now I have to worry it might be annoying too

I think we are talking about models on MFC who send unsolicited PMs. We are definitely not talking about models whose rooms we visit who we paid to PM! The latter is a totally different situation and I think most members do want the model to send as many PMs as she has time to send.

For me the problem is MFC specific. I login sometimes to MFC and visit a single room and start to chat. Then I start to have two or three models start to chat me up, even though I am not in their room and have not seen them for weeks. That is the case where I would love for that model to send me an e-mail or MFC equivalent message. 95% of the time, these MFC models are not sending me messages because they miss me. If they missed me there would have been an MFC e-mail from them waiting for me when I logged in. :) They are messaging me in real time because they want my tokens right now on the spot. Really they are doing some friendly marketing. So that plays into this being really uncomfortable.

As a practical matter, I cannot have four deep conversations simultaneously. If I am in one room, I want to just focus on that person. But if I am in your room, and especially if I paid for PM, that means I want to talk to you if you have the time. Many models cannot keep up with their PM traffic, so members already get less PM than they want from the model. The last thing I want to have happen is the model psyches herself out and believes I do not want the PM I just paid her to have!!

I hope that gives you some encouragement..Do members not follow through on the PM they pay you to have?

Last edited:
I think we are talking about models on MFC who send unsolicited PMs. We are definitely not talking about models whose rooms we visit who we paid to PM! The latter is a totally different situation and I think most members do want the model to send as many PMs as she has time to send.

For me the problem is MFC specific. I login sometimes to MFC and visit a single room and start to chat. Then I start to have two or three models start to chat me up, even though I am not in their room and have not seen them for weeks. That is the case where I would love for that model to send me an e-mail or MFC equivalent message. 95% of the time, these MFC models are not sending me messages because they miss me. If they missed me there would have been an MFC e-mail from them waiting for me when I logged in. :) They are messaging me in real time because they want my tokens right now on the spot. So really they are doing some friendly marketing. So that plays into this being really uncomfortable.

As a practical matter, I cannot have four deep conversations simultaneously. If I am in one room, I want to just focus on that person. But if I am in your room, and especially if I paid for PM, that means I want to talk to you if you have the time. Many models cannot keep up with their PM traffic, so members already get less PM than they want from the model. The last thing I want to have happen is the model psyches herself out and believes I do not want the PM I just paid her to have!!

I hope that gives you some encouragement..

Primarily, yes, talking about unsolicited PMs on MFC. For myself, a few times I went to a model who I didn't realize was in a studio. Next time I log in, I'm getting hammered with PMs from about six models who I had never talked to all begging for tokens or how they want me to visit them.

However, where I differ from you is that I'm cool if the model I'm visiting just sends a quick PM welcoming me and nothing more. I don't really expect PMs simply because I know there's other people in the room asking for her attention. But, I do get them, almost every model's room I go into. Anything from a simple "Hello" to what turns into a full on conversation separate from the room. I'm careful though in that I try not to distract from the room, because I'm not the only one there. Just like in public chat, I don't want to consume the whole conversation and it feels very awkward when I am the only one talking to the model and there's other people there not doing anything.

Also, I'm perfectly cool with a model I haven't seen in a while sends me a PM if I'm not in her room saying she missed me and hasn't seen me in a while. Now, I'm not talking about the "I miss you, bb" PMs. Rather, the "Hey, how are you doing? Haven't seen you online in a while." messages. I'm terrible at letter, so I find a genuine "How are you/I've missed you" PM to be the equivalent of an email.

I'd hope this clarifies it some for the models as well. But, I'm sure it just confused them some more tool. :p

I'd hope this clarifies it some for the models as well. But, I'm sure it just confused them some more tool. :p

Lol it clarifies that yall are impossible and confusing creatures but I now have a guideline if you personally ever start visiting me.

Might I suggest a copy paste document gents that you can hand out upon your arrival in a ladies room so she knows your personal pm etiquette preferences.

I stand by my post. Just fucking tell us! (I'm quoting u but this gives for most of everything in this thread)

Lol it clarifies that yall are impossible and confusing creatures but I now have a guideline if you personally ever start visiting me.

Might I suggest a copy paste document gents that you can hand out upon your arrival in a ladies room so she knows your personal pm etiquette preferences.

I stand by my post. Just fucking tell us! (I'm quoting u but this gives for most of everything in this thread)

In all honesty, there's too many people with too many likes/dislikes to appease us all. I say just do what you normally do, as you've done well in getting where you are. :) If you do something that annoys/bugs me (difficult to do), I'll speak up or at least inquire politely.

If I do visit (I think I may have once quite a while back before joining), I'll be sure to send a tip note saying "Hi, I'm from ACF" like I have with a few different models from here.

In all honesty, there's too many people with too many likes/dislikes to appease us all. I say just do what you normally do, as you've done well in getting where you are. :) If you do something that annoys/bugs me (difficult to do), I'll speak up or at least inquire politely.

If I do visit (I think I may have once quite a while back before joining), I'll be sure to send a tip note saying "Hi, I'm from ACF" like I have with a few different models from here.

❤❤❤❤ you're awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.