AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this isn't the model but her mods, but she is the one letting them do it and it's really off putting in my opinion. It makes me "walk" straight back out:
So much this; nothing gets me out of a room faster; well one thing does (see below). And here the model has 22 viewers and two moderators. So 10% of her viewers are moderators spamming the chat.

Although there is one thing even worse than mods spamming, and that is when the model allows the wanna-be moderators to spam the chat with this kind of shit. Nothing like the grey that comes in and starts spamming "Tip The Model" gifs.

This is not camming related, but it is model related, so I'll post it:

Not replying customer inquiries... This happens on many different websites with many girls from complete newbies to experienced models with many years in the business and hundreds of positive feedback.

This could be for anything, but let's take custom videos as an example: Model states on her profile that she does custom videos. I message her with a custom idea. No response. (Very seldom, I'll send a follow up message in case the model intended to respond but forgot or if she somehow overlooked my previous message. I've never gotten a reply to that, so I guess the conclusion is that the first message was in fact ignored intentionally.)

I often hear models complaining about how it's a business for them and how their time is valuable and guys should respect them and not waste their time and then they get a serious inquiry from a customer who is willing to pay for something the model says she's available to do (instead of trying to get free stuff or dirty talk or hook up or whatever) and she can't even be bothered to respond. It's especially frustrating to not even receive an acknowledgement on sites where members have to pay to message the girls. I'm not saying girls who say they do customs have to do every single custom - of course they have the right to refuse to do videos they don't feel comfortable doing, etc. It's about a model being professional and acknowledging the customer, even if she is not interested in doing his request. I have come across very few "real" businesses that do not reply customer inquiries. (I actually can't remember any.) As far as models, in my experience at best I'll get a reply from 2 models out of 3, but on some websites it's a lot less.

Note that I was contacting active models who logged in regularly AND clearly stated that they do custom videos AND the request was a polite inquiry, one or two paragraphs long, about a custom video that didn't require any special props, didn't involve any fetishes, wasn't complicated, wasn't too long, didn't require them to memorize a lot of lines (or any) and would have been very easy to produce, so I'm not going to buy the excuse that the models didn't reply because they were so put off by the request. I'll also mention that I had plenty of feedback from other models to indicate that I was a polite, patient and generous customer. (Their words, not mine.)

Again, I don't mind getting refusals and I have gotten a few, which is fine. I thanked those models for getting back to me, because it is appreciated, and moved on... This is not about girls not wanting to do a particular custom. This is about girls who completely ignore a customer and don't bother to reply at all.

I would be curious to know what's the reasoning behind this practice by models who say they are available for certain types of work but then ignore messages from customers who are basically responding to the them saying that they're available for whatever it is.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been mentioned countless times, but a model being on the phone/taking a phone call on cam when they're supposed to be doing a show.

At least set your room to away and go and deal with the call, don't sit there and make your fans listen to your conversation! I just think it's unbelievably rude.

Not replying customer inquiries... This happens on many different websites with many girls from complete newbies to experienced models with many years in the business and hundreds of positive feedback.

This could be for anything, but let's take custom videos as an example: Model states on her profile that she does custom videos. I message her with a custom idea. No response. (Very seldom, I'll send a follow up message in case the model intended to respond but forgot or if she somehow overlooked my previous message. I've never gotten a reply to that, so I guess the conclusion is that the first message was in fact ignored intentionally.)

I often hear models complaining about how it's a business for them and how their time is valuable and guys should respect them and not waste their time and then they get a serious inquiry from a customer who is willing to pay for something the model says she's available to do (instead of trying to get free stuff or dirty talk or hook up or whatever) and she can't even be bothered to respond. It's especially frustrating to not even receive an acknowledgement on sites where members have to pay to message the girls. I'm not saying girls who say they do customs have to do every single custom - of course they have the right to refuse to do videos they don't feel comfortable doing, etc. It's about a model being professional and acknowledging the customer, even if she is not interested in doing his request. I have come across very few "real" businesses that do not reply customer inquiries. (I actually can't remember any.) As far as models, in my experience at best I'll get a reply from 2 models out of 3, but on some websites it's a lot less.

Note that I was contacting active models who logged in regularly AND clearly stated that they do custom videos AND the request was a polite inquiry, one or two paragraphs long, about a custom video that didn't require any special props, didn't involve any fetishes, wasn't complicated, wasn't too long, didn't require them to memorize a lot of lines (or any) and would have been very easy to produce, so I'm not going to buy the excuse that the models didn't reply because they were so put off by the request. I'll also mention that I had plenty of feedback from other models to indicate that I was a polite, patient and generous customer. (Their words, not mine.)

Again, I don't mind getting refusals and I have gotten a few, which is fine. I thanked those models for getting back to me, because it is appreciated, and moved on... This is not about girls not wanting to do a particular custom. This is about girls who completely ignore a customer and don't bother to reply at all.

I would be curious to know what's the reasoning behind this practice by models who say they are available for certain types of work but then ignore messages from customers who are basically responding to the them saying that they're available for whatever it is.
Custom videos can be a complicated issue because you are either paid upfront, and few models like getting paid many hours up to a few days in advance for a custom video which will feel like working for free at the time of the actual recording (that is many people’s mentality), or when the video is done, which carries the risk of the customer not being willing to buy it anymore or not even replying anymore. I feel like a lot more models would reply and agree to do custom videos if they got to know you a little first and got a sense that you can be trusted - which would be an opportunity for you to do the same. Also, more people than you’d think get off for free on the model simply saying she would do what they want, so a decent amount of tips first would help greatly with making it obvious that is not the case. Custom videos can be a case of “I’ll come back and tip for it later”. It’s not your fault and not theirs.

Reactions: Useful-Title
I'm sure it's been mentioned countless times, but a model being on the phone/taking a phone call on cam when they're supposed to be doing a show.

At least set your room to away and go and deal with the call, don't sit there and make your fans listen to your conversation! I just think it's unbelievably rude.

I'd be too concerned at viewers hearing personal information to take a call without stopping my stream entirely first.

Custom videos can be a complicated issue because you are either paid upfront, and few models like getting paid many hours up to a few days in advance for a custom video which will feel like working for free at the time of the actual recording (that is many people’s mentality), or when the video is done, which carries the risk of the customer not being willing to buy it anymore or not even replying anymore. I feel like a lot more models would reply and agree to do custom videos if they got to know you a little first and got a sense that you can be trusted - which would be an opportunity for you to do the same. Also, more people than you’d think get off for free on the model simply saying she would do what they want, so a decent amount of tips first would help greatly with making it obvious that is not the case. Custom videos can be a case of “I’ll come back and tip for it later”. It’s not your fault and not theirs.
I've never even heard of models NOT getting paid in advance for a custom video. I certainly always expect them to want me to pay in advance. Anyways, I was referring to sites with an escrow system (like ELM or MGF) or sites where you pay the model directly in advance through the site, where getting paid is not a question unless for some reason the model avoids using the tools for that purpose on the site.

I think most of your post is about reasons for why models may not want to do custom videos, which is a decision that's completely up to them, but one that doesn't really apply to my complaint which was about models who say they do customs not replying to potential customers.

As for models thinking I'm just wasting their time or getting off on them agreeing to do a custom - that's exactly why I mentioned in my previous post that on the sites in question I was not just some random guy who just created a profile and was still an unknown as far as the models were concerned. I was a long time member with a history of buying customs and feedback from models to prove it.

Last edited:
few models like getting paid many hours up to a few days in advance for a custom video which will feel like working for free at the time of the actual recording

What? No, we typically prefer/expect payment in advance, in fact that's the standard expectation. It doesn't "feel like working for free at the time of the recording" because it isn't, we've already been paid.

What? No, we typically prefer/expect payment in advance, in fact that's the standard expectation. It doesn't "feel like working for free at the time of the recording" because it isn't, we've already been paid.
Well that is one of the reasons why I ignore custom video requests from members I do not know, to me custom videos are just not worth the trouble most of the time. Probably exactly the kind of model he is referring to in his post.
My point is, it is more likely to get a model to do a custom video for you if they already know you, he was wondering why his inquiries are ignored and that is one of the likely reasons imo.

Last edited:
Well that is one of the reasons why I ignore custom video requests from members I do not know, to me custom videos are just not worth the trouble most of the time. Probably exactly the kind of model he is referring to in his post.

It sounds like you need to charge more, yo!

Reactions: AudriTwo
I was referring to sites with an escrow system (like ELM or MGF) or sites where you pay the model directly in advance through the site, where getting paid is not a question unless for some reason the model avoids using the tools for that purpose on the site.
I don't typically respond to MGF messages inquiring about custom clips that I'm not interested in filming, because then the guy gets his $1 back from the message. It just seems like the courteous thing to do in the long-run. Unless it looks like something where we can come to a middle-ground that falls within my boundaries as well as his desired fantasy, then I'll respond and let him know what I would want to change in order to film it. Of course, this mostly applies to members who I do not already have a working relationship with, as those are usually the ones who will send me requests for things that I do not offer.

Perhaps others do the same.

I don't typically respond to MGF messages inquiring about custom clips that I'm not interested in filming, because then the guy gets his $1 back from the message. It just seems like the courteous thing to do in the long-run.

I don't know if I agree with that. When I send a message, I agree to pay that $1 so I'm OK with "losing" it if the model declines my request, but what I do expect (or hope for) is a reply. I wouldn't say it's courteous to not reply. I prefer closure rather than being left wondering why she didn't reply my message. Does she NOT do customs despite her profile saying so? Did she just not like that particular request? Is there something about me or my profile that she didn't like? Is she just busy at the moment and not able to do do customs, but she might in the future? Not hearing back from a model doesn't give me any of this information so I'm left wondering. I would rather pay that $1 and know whether it's a "Not this request" or a "Not right now" or a "Not ever".

Now I'm a bit confused about how the messaging works on MGF.... I once saw a model say something that lead me to believe that models have the option to accept or return the credits when they receive a message. Is that not the case?

I think I once exchanged several messages back and forth with one model when I only had 1 credit left and she replied each time but didn't accept the credit, so I could reply her again. It's possible that I just remember wrong, though.

Anyways, most of the time when I send a message on MGF I do get charged $1 and I don't get it back regardless of whether the model replies me or not.

My point is, it is more likely to get a model to do a custom video for you if they already know you, he was wondering why his inquiries are ignored and that is one of the likely reasons imo.
But are almost half of all models like that? (I mean the ones who say they do customs to begin with.)

I'm not really interested in chatting with or getting to know the girls I buy customs from. I don't mind if it happens during the time we're working on customs and we start to get to know each other, but to me it just seems like a waste of time and energy to get to know a girl for no reason other than to find out later, after she feels comfortable enough with me, whether she's willing to do custom videos for me and whether her custom videos are worth the amount she charges.

I thought most models would prefer to work with a guy who gets straight to business over a guy who just wants to talk and may never get around to buying anything of substance. Again, I'm referring only to models who say they do customs. (Although I did notice that MGF is full of girls who are not interested in making custom content, but are happy enough to chat via $1 messages, so I'm beginning to suspect that it's really not the best site for me to be looking for custom videos. I've had better luck getting girls on Skyprivate to make me custom videos than I've had with the girls on MGF. :eek:)

Reactions: Lanie Love
But are almost half of all models like that? (I mean the ones who say they do customs to begin with.)

I'm not really interested in chatting with or getting to know the girls I buy customs from. I don't mind if it happens during the time we're working on customs and we start to get to know each other, but to me it just seems like a waste of time and energy to get to know a girl for no reason other than to find out later, after she feels comfortable enough with me, whether she's willing to do custom videos for me and whether her custom videos are worth the amount she charges.

I thought most models would prefer to work with a guy who gets straight to business over a guy who just wants to talk and may never get around to buying anything of substance. Again, I'm referring only to models who say they do customs. (Although I did notice that MGF is full of girls who are not interested in making custom content, but are happy enough to chat via $1 messages, so I'm beginning to suspect that it's really not the best site for me to be looking for custom videos. I've had better luck getting girls on Skyprivate to make me custom videos than I've had with the girls on MGF. :eek:)

I would recommend, instead of going through an everything site like MGF, instead check out videos on Clips4Sale or ManyVids. Find someone who does a similar type of video to what you're looking for, and contact them about customs. Many of us have a copy + paste response about our customs pricing and payment, and I can't speak for other models, but if I get a request for something I don't want to/can't do, I'll reply "I don't offer that", though if it's an exceptionally absurd request they get just "no".

I don't know if I agree with that. When I send a message, I agree to pay that $1 so I'm OK with "losing" it if the model declines my request, but what I do expect (or hope for) is a reply. I wouldn't say it's courteous to not reply. I prefer closure rather than being left wondering why she didn't reply my message. Does she NOT do customs despite her profile saying so? Did she just not like that particular request? Is there something about me or my profile that she didn't like? Is she just busy at the moment and not able to do do customs, but she might in the future? Not hearing back from a model doesn't give me any of this information so I'm left wondering. I would rather pay that $1 and know whether it's a "Not this request" or a "Not right now" or a "Not ever".

Now I'm a bit confused about how the messaging works on MGF.... I once saw a model say something that lead me to believe that models have the option to accept or return the credits when they receive a message. Is that not the case?

I think I once exchanged several messages back and forth with one model when I only had 1 credit left and she replied each time but didn't accept the credit, so I could reply her again. It's possible that I just remember wrong, though.

Anyways, most of the time when I send a message on MGF I do get charged $1 and I don't get it back regardless of whether the model replies me or not.

From my experience they can decide to accept or decline the $1 for the message. BUT, they have to reply back to you within a week to get the credit for your message.

So if you send a message and they never reply back, eventually you will get your $1 back. It is just not that noticeable all the time.

I would recommend, instead of going through an everything site like MGF, instead check out videos on Clips4Sale or ManyVids. Find someone who does a similar type of video to what you're looking for, and contact them about customs.
I like Clips4Sale and it’s a great place for fetish videos, but it’s a horrible site to try to browse. Many of my customs are “vanilla” and rather than looking for models who do a certain fetish I would have to look for models who I find attractive and C4S is really not set up for that type of browsing.

I may give ManyVids a try... Thanks for that suggestion!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I like Clips4Sale and it’s a great place for fetish videos, but it’s a horrible site to try to browse. Many of my customs are “vanilla” and rather than looking for models who do a certain fetish I would have to look for models who I find attractive and C4S is really not set up for that type of browsing.

I may give ManyVids a try... Thanks for that suggestion!

Yeah, Manyvids would definitely be ideal in that case.

Reactions: briandf255

I just got blocked by a model on MGF for asking her if she wanted to make me a custom video. :facepalm:

For sure she didn't say on her profile that she doesn't do customs or I wouldn't have asked her. So where is the offense?

If it weren't for a couple of girls I really like getting custom videos from, I would give up on that site. It's the only site I've even been blocked, but I lost count how many times it happened there for reasons I can't even begin to guess.

I just got blocked by a model on MGF for asking her if she wanted to make me a custom video. :facepalm:

For sure she didn't say on her profile that she doesn't do customs or I wouldn't have asked her. So where is the offense?

If it weren't for a couple of girls I really like getting custom videos from, I would give up on that site. It's the only site I've even been blocked, but I lost count how many times it happened there for reasons I can't even begin to guess.

That’s weird. I’ve heard of MGF models banning guys for discussing meetups off-site...because I heard that MGF had a habit of punishing THE MODEL when a member would talk about meeting up off-site (which is really fucked up). But I know models on there can send guys videos (I sent videos when I was on there), so I’m not sure why she’d ban you just for inquiring about customs.

That’s weird. I’ve heard of MGF models banning guys for discussing meetups off-site...because I heard that MGF had a habit of punishing THE MODEL when a member would talk about meeting up off-site (which is really fucked up). But I know models on there can send guys videos (I sent videos when I was on there), so I’m not sure why she’d ban you just for inquiring about customs.
I'm not sure either, but to be honest MGF seems to have a blocking problem.

I used to say on my profile that I'm only interested in buying customs and models used to block me after looking at my profile (one model suggested that is was because they didn't sell customs and therefore they didn't see any reason to let me look at their profiles). Now I have a blank profile and I guess now models block me because my profile is blank.

I used to allow models the see when I looked at their profiles, but then so many of them came to see my profile (after I've looked at theirs ONCE... I was not stalking them) and then blocked me that I decided that it's better to not let anyone see if I've looked at her profile. That did help, because now I get blocked less often. Now only the girls I message or the girls who see I'm online and then look at my profile block me. LOL

As of now, I've had at least one model block me:

1) After me sending her a message asking if she was interested in making me a custom video.
2) After I didn't reply to one of her (unsolicited) messages within a few days.
3) After agreeing to make me a custom video, but she said she was busy so she would let me know when... A few weeks later, I was blocked.
4) After doing several custom videos for me and seeming happy to do them. I asked if she wanted to do another one and she said yes, then less than a day later and before i could reply with the details, I was blocked.
5) After agreeing to do a custom video for me and letting the escrow expire. I guess it was her way of telling me that she won't do it after all... Classy!

As a guy, I would only block people who are annoying, rude or offensive. I wouldn't block people instead of saying "no" or as a way to get out from doing something I agreed to do without having to tell the person I wasn't interested in doing it anymore. I wish I could interview the girls who blocked me, because in most cases I'm very curious why they did it.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I'm not sure either, but to be honest MGF seems to have a blocking problem.

I used to say on my profile that I'm only interested in buying customs and models used to block me after looking at my profile (one model suggested that is was because they didn't sell customs and therefore they didn't see any reason to let me look at their profiles). Now I have a blank profile and I guess now models block me because my profile is blank.

Your profile is blank???

Since they’re so strict over at MGF, you should look at your profile word for word, and make sure it doesn’t have things like “I am NOT looking to date/meet/fuck,” etc. I know it sounds ridiculous, but just check it because they might be a little ban-happy with profiles that have those kinds of words. Some years ago ImLive was issuing warnings to models who had the word “schoolgirl” in their profiles. Smh. They said we need to change it immediately to specify “18+ schoolgirl,” or they would ban us.

Btw, I hardly ever hear about MGF anymore. It’d be cool if your favorite girls on there had profiles on ManyVids (like SaffronBurke recommended before), IWantClips, etc., and if the girls are on Twitter. That way, you could talk to them on there about customs, and you won’t have to deal with MGF just to do business with them. Try to find them on those sites (Don’t ask them on MGF about other sites though...just look for them on your own).

Last edited:
I do know about the site's strict policy regarding sharing personal info - I think I read about it somewhere even before I signed up. I'm pretty sure the models I enjoy working with don't use any other sites or if they do then they must be using different names so I can't find them and I can't ask them on MGF for obvious reasons.

Just to clarify, it's not the admins I have problems with on MGF... Everything is fine with my account. I haven't done anything against their rules, like sharing personal information or hinting that I want to meet girls or any of that.

I just have girls blocking me left and right for seemingly no reason - no matter what I do or don't do. I forgot to mention this before, but since I've been a member I've had at least 3 different girls block me just when I was about to contact them about buying a custom video. I looked at their profiles maybe 4-5 times within a couple of months (I don't think that's excessive, but they must have thought otherwise) and just when I was about to ask them if they wanted to make me a custom video, I found out that I couldn't view their profiles any more, because they blocked me.

It seems like part of the culture of the site is that a lot of girls there are "block happy" and if someone as much as looks at their profile more than a few times without buying something, they block them to prevent any future interaction. I once asked girls about this and the explanation I got was that some models are REALLY bothered by the idea of guys jerking off to their profile photos for free, so they block everyone who looks at their profiles and doesn't become a paying customer after a few visits. It doesn't make good business sense, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I haven't watched much cam myself, but something that bugs me always bringing up tips (I mean saying that "I need more tips", saying "We are x amount of tokens away from our next goal." is fine) I definitively prefer when a girl is just having fun, doing what she wants.

I definitively prefer when a girl is just having fun, doing what she wants.
I find the times my room and I are having the most fun and doing what I want happens after people have been meeting my tip requirements. ;)

I just have girls blocking me left and right for seemingly no reason - no matter what I do or don't do. I forgot to mention this before, but since I've been a member I've had at least 3 different girls block me just when I was about to contact them about buying a custom video. I looked at their profiles maybe 4-5 times within a couple of months (I don't think that's excessive, but they must have thought otherwise) and just when I was about to ask them if they wanted to make me a custom video, I found out that I couldn't view their profiles any more, because they blocked me.

It seems like part of the culture of the site is that a lot of girls there are "block happy" and if someone as much as looks at their profile more than a few times without buying something, they block them to prevent any future interaction. I once asked girls about this and the explanation I got was that some models are REALLY bothered by the idea of guys jerking off to their profile photos for free, so they block everyone who looks at their profiles and doesn't become a paying customer after a few visits. It doesn't make good business sense, but it is what it is.
It happened again a few days ago... I was looking through the girls I have previously added to my favourites list on MyGirlFund to choose one to get a custom video from and between the time I last looked at her profile and that moment, one girl blocked me. (There are only about 10 girls on my favourites list at any given time and half of them are girls I'm a repeat customer of, so there is a pretty good chance of me becoming a paying customer of any of the other girls on it sooner or later - unless they block me before I can work with them.)

Again, I didn't contact her yet (I was just about to) and she can't see when I looked at her profile, so she didn't block me for "stalking" (and I've looked at her profile no more than 3-4 times over a period of a few weeks, so even if she could see, it's nothing excessive). It was one of those MGF "mystery blocks" that I'm starting to almost expect. :facepalm:

Has anyone else here had a similar experience with this crazy blocking phenomenon? I'm more curious than upset... I just don't understand why models are blocking random people there. I've never been on another site where this sort of thing happens. It's one of those mysteries I would love to find the explanation for, but probably never will. LOL

It happened again a few days ago... I was looking through the girls I have previously added to my favourites list on MyGirlFund to choose one to get a custom video from and between the time I last looked at her profile and that moment, one girl blocked me. (There are only about 10 girls on my favourites list at any given time and half of them are girls I'm a repeat customer of, so there is a pretty good chance of me becoming a paying customer of any of the other girls on it sooner or later - unless they block me before I can work with them.)

Again, I didn't contact her yet (I was just about to) and she can't see when I looked at her profile, so she didn't block me for "stalking" (and I've looked at her profile no more than 3-4 times over a period of a few weeks, so even if she could see, it's nothing excessive). It was one of those MGF "mystery blocks" that I'm starting to almost expect. :facepalm:

Has anyone else here had a similar experience with this crazy blocking phenomenon? I'm more curious than upset... I just don't understand why models are blocking random people there. I've never been on another site where this sort of thing happens. It's one of those mysteries I would love to find the explanation for, but probably never will. LOL

I mean are you truly looking for an explanation?
I would maybe start to examine your own behaviour. You've said that even models who have "happily" done videos for you in the past have blocked you. If they were actually happy working with you, they wouldn't block you.
I have blocked customers I've done customs with in the past when they become more frustration than they're worth. Either we work out a custom and then they later try to add more details, or we agree on a timeline and they harass me every day asking if its done yet well before it's due date, or they haggle with me and make the entire process really unenjoyable. In this type of scenario, I'll usually just complete their video and then block them so I never have to deal with them again. It's not worth my time to let them know why.

Also keep in mind that there are model only areas behind the scenes that you don't see. Its technically against the rules to talk about specific customers there, but I've seen models give away enough vague clues for other girls to figure out who it is. This is only reserved for truly unbearable members though as models can and do get punished for it. There was once a member who was trying to scam models out of custom content by claiming he would pay them a "salary" every time he got paid. He had a bunch of good ratings so a lot of models fell for it until he got outed in the models only section. I'm sure he was just as confused when he logged in and was getting randomly blocked left and right.

I don't mean for this to come off as an attack, but it is odd that you get blocked so often and even by models who you have worked with. Models aren't generally in the habit of blocking spending members for absolutely no reason.

I mean are you truly looking for an explanation?
I would maybe start to examine your own behaviour. You've said that even models who have "happily" done videos for you in the past have blocked you. If they were actually happy working with you, they wouldn't block you.
I have blocked customers I've done customs with in the past when they become more frustration than they're worth. Either we work out a custom and then they later try to add more details, or we agree on a timeline and they harass me every day asking if its done yet well before it's due date, or they haggle with me and make the entire process really unenjoyable. In this type of scenario, I'll usually just complete their video and then block them so I never have to deal with them again. It's not worth my time to let them know why.

Also keep in mind that there are model only areas behind the scenes that you don't see. Its technically against the rules to talk about specific customers there, but I've seen models give away enough vague clues for other girls to figure out who it is. This is only reserved for truly unbearable members though as models can and do get punished for it. There was once a member who was trying to scam models out of custom content by claiming he would pay them a "salary" every time he got paid. He had a bunch of good ratings so a lot of models fell for it until he got outed in the models only section. I'm sure he was just as confused when he logged in and was getting randomly blocked left and right.

I don't mean for this to come off as an attack, but it is odd that you get blocked so often and even by models who you have worked with. Models aren't generally in the habit of blocking spending members for absolutely no reason.
Yes, I am truly looking for an explanation.... I won't take your post as an attack, because you don't know me and in your shoes I would probably say the same thing. There *has* to be a reason for girls to be blocking me. Right?

Well, I know they do have *some* reason, it's just that I don't always understand what that reason is.

If I did harass models, if I did haggle with them over the price, if I did try to ask for free samples, if I did try to make additions/changes to a custom after having agreed on a script/price, if I did send messages daily asking for updates or if I was a pain to deal with for any other reason I'm aware of, I think I would have figured that out. In my case the answer is not that obvious...

For the record, 90% of the girls who blocked me have never corresponded with me, they can't see that I've looked at their profiles (I have that option turned off) and there is nothing on my profile to offend/upset anyone, because it's blank. (I don't understand these blocks.)

The other 10% are mostly "preemptive blocks" - they block me either as a way of saying "no" when I contact them about making me a custom or as a way of avoiding having to say anything to me after they agreed to do a custom and then don't do it. I don't see how I could be at fault for either of those - it's just the model either being scared and blocking me maybe because of bad experiences in the past with members who couldn't handle a "no" or the model herself lacking any social skills and thinking that blocking someone who sent a polite inquiry is an acceptable way of saying "no". (I can guess the reason for these blocks. I personally think it's rude to block someone who approaches you politely and has done nothing hostile, but that's a different discussion.)

When I order a custom on MGF, it generally goes like this:

- I send a message asking the model if she would be interested in making me a custom video and I describe what I would like her to do, what outfit I would like her to wear and the length of the video. Then I ask her to let me know, if she's interested, how many credits she would like for it and how long will it take her to make the video. (No haggling and no rushing.)

- Usually, the model will reply with a price, but not say how much time she needs, so I make an escrow that expires after 7-14 days. If the model does tell me when she would be sending me the video, I usually add 2-3 days to it.

- At that point I start waiting and the model either does the video and sends it to me before the escrow expires, in which case I usually accept the video right away so she literally gets paid within minutes (I think the longest I ever took to approve one was a few hours) or the escrow expires in which case I either extend the escrow for another week without a word or I send the model a quick message to ask her to let me know if she still intends to do the video so I know whether I should extend the escrow to give her more time. (Again, no demanding the video, no rushing the model, no anger at all.)

I try not to annoy models, because:

1) That's not the way I am.
2) If I try to rush a model, then even if she does end up doing the video, it will be "rushed" - recorded quickly in order to get it done faster to get me off her back. The result? A lower quality product.
3) If I try to pressure/bribe a model into doing something she doesn't want to do, I'll also end up with a lower quality product. I'm better off getting it from another model who likes the idea.

This is common sense and there is nothing to gain from trying to bully a model into doing something she doesn't want to do or doing it faster than her schedule/mood dictates. I always just set up the escrow and then wait, because I prefer to get a video that the model took care to do right.

I think I also mentioned this before, but I do get mostly positive feedback from models. I've had cam girls tell me that I'm so nice/polite compared to most people they have to deal with. I've had models tell me they love to work with me because I'm always so clear about what I want them to do and they find it very helpful. I've just had a female coworker compliment me last week on how "chill" I am when things go wrong and how she can't even imagine me losing my temper. I have no reason to think I'm a difficult customer... MGF is the only site where I've ever been blocked and as I said, it's usually models I haven't interacted with before. That's why I don't understand the reason for the block. Is it possible that it's some glitch?

Reactions: NotYou
Status
Not open for further replies.