AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Dead" days of the month/whole monthes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmrshorny

Cam Model
Sep 5, 2018
MFC Username
Mia_Miu
Chaturbate Username
mr0mrs0horny
Hi grrrls,
Yesterday we had a totally silent day at Chaturbate. I wonder if you maybe noticed some days of the month (for example, first days and last days because of receiving job payments or paying rent) which seem like the best tipped/the worst tipped?
I guess, there must be something..

It's different for each model.
Personally in situations like that I don't do anything, I do my own business, and stay fully clothed and/or troll who asks for free gifts (because apparentely they think they're special)
I came to a point where I asked myself: why should I get naked or do stuff for freeloaders and beggars if nobody pays nor talks?

agree each model will have different answers.

It takes a lot of trial and error to figure this out.

And even then, dead days may not be dead every month.

THE WONDROUS JOYS OF BEING SELF EMPLOYED AMIRIGHT?

Also, as some models told in past in other 3ds, holidays and days where there are important sportive events are dead days too (but here too it depends on the model and on her regulars).

Im in the mindset that it doesn't matter how popular or top a model is, it still happens to everyone. There are days that are slower than the others.

I'm considered a top model, and I still get $12 days.

tumblr_omzwq2XTZI1vg6t4ko1_540.jpg

Im in the mindset that it doesn't matter how popular or top a model is, it still happens to everyone. There are days that are slower than the others.

View attachment 78120

Yep. Just gotta work through it. Doing hours over money goal helps a ton. Some days you walk with 150 others 1000 in the same period. It usually equals out. Just show up with your best and be consistent.

View attachment 78120

Best answer ever. I was going to do the old professor of History Channel Aliens meme, but you won.

But for real, you really can’t predict slow or good days. At least try to make the best of the slow days to work on ideas for future shows or hear some audiobooks on a little headset Bluetooth for your phone. Anything that can help pass the time faster on slower days and helps to not lose motivation.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AudriTwo
Member 2 cents...

I'm not a CB member but I recall that about 4 years back, MyCamGirl once said that Wednesday is always the slowest day on MFC, due to the fact that the fewest group and private shows are started on that day. I guess members who are paid weekly are running low on disposable income by then. As to the slowest months... well July and August are always slower on MFC... the infamous "Summer Slump" as it's often referred to, which I guess will be similar on sites like CB too. Once Christmas is in the rear view mirror, January and February can be a bit flat for a lot of girls as well.

I always feel that new girls starting on those flat months can be on a real uphill struggle to try and get established. :(

I've found that the second tuesday of the month when preceded by a full moon within 6 days falling on an odd numbered day of the month outside the salmon spawning season where the temperature is above 67 degrees on days where trump sends out 2 or more tweets and the DJI is down 12.653 or more points during an el nino pattern are definitely the worst days. Don't even bother going on.

The only days I can say are guaranteed to be slow are the days AFTER I've had a huuuuuge token day. That's the for sure rollercoaster drop.

Superbowl and other major holidays can be slow, too, but also there are less models on those days so if you play your cards right you can turn it into a great day for yourself.

This sort of work requires us to view it as a marathon, not a sprint: You are far more likely to achieve your goals if you plug away at them consistently, instead of trying to force it to happen when you want it to during a strained schedule. From day one, I have learned that unexpected good days are far more frequent than planned good days. So I might as well treat them all alike, equally an opportunity to do well.

There are far too many variables to create a reliable hypothesis that wouldn't also have excluded me from some of my best earning shifts. Because we can't predict who is going to show up and feel like spending. My best earnings day ever started when I decided to log in on a whim, at a time and on a day that I typically would never be available. The client was brand new to me, and the first thing he told me was that he typically never goes for performers with rates in my range. In fact, he initially asked if I would lower my rate (never!) before he blew a ridiculous amount of money on me. Anyway. Kismet? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Historically, for me, that's how it goes. I try to remind myself that I'll never know who might get online with a loose wallet, so it's best if I am online just to find out. The key for me has always been frequency over a structured schedule or reviewing historical data (of which I keep meticulous records anyway :haha:) to predict future earnings. Showing up is almost always going to net you more money than a guaranteed $0 shift when you don't log in. So like, why not? What's the worst that could happen? You hate it and you log off? Nothing to lose! Everything to gain!

This sort of work requires us to view it as a marathon, not a sprint: You are far more likely to achieve your goals if you plug away at them consistently, instead of trying to force it to happen when you want it to during a strained schedule. From day one, I have learned that unexpected good days are far more frequent than planned good days. So I might as well treat them all alike, equally an opportunity to do well.

This. Some of the best days I've had on any site were either days I REALLY didn't want to work (being physically sick, having relationship problems) or otherwise slow days.

Either way, a slow day is still exposure. It's still something.

I've been on for about a month so far and the last week that just ended was my least amount grossed...:( im taking the time to learn more about the fetishes i want to gain confidence in, weeding out the timewasters and trying to gather show ideas. ive also been playing with the time im online. It seems i get lots of members to watch when im in the kitchen just making breakfast or something. Im really hoping things pick up as well....should it start getting busier within the next few weeks?

• Hugs
Reactions: Adara_raider
I've been on for about a month so far and the last week that just ended was my least amount grossed...:( im taking the time to learn more about the fetishes i want to gain confidence in, weeding out the timewasters and trying to gather show ideas. ive also been playing with the time im online. It seems i get lots of members to watch when im in the kitchen just making breakfast or something. Im really hoping things pick up as well....should it start getting busier within the next few weeks?

Sorry to hear that..That is never fun :( I'm also new (on cb) and trying to figure out how to structure shows and slowly showing off my kinks publicly. I usually don't have alot of people in my room Eventhough I interact all the time, but I get impatient when I don't get tipped for a while and usually log off 2 soon. How long are you usually on? And do you have twitter for promotion for example?

another slow night...no i havent yet created a twitter bc i wasnt sure it would generate any traffic bc im so new. i will look into that though, i will also use my SM affiliate link on twitter to generate new members. but no ive just been super bored tonight going to log off soon.

I'm quite new too (I started in May but my computer and Internet were really bad so I stopped camming until mid August), but I could see things getting better show after show...still, this week was really bad. Especially on Saturday. I wondered if Chaturbate had a problem? My Internet was alright, but my broadcast stopped multiple times randomly! And another model I follow had the same happening and she basically quit for the night after less than 30 min lol!

Yesterday was a bit better, but still quite slow for a Sunday (for me) :dead: I unexpectedly got more than 150 people in my room, which doesn't happen often at all, and there was a lot of potential tippers. Still it was pretty dead haha.

• Hugs
I'm new but I've worked in publishing, specifically erotic romance published online. There are general periods of the year that are good for sales (generally, around holidays because people have time off, or they're lonely and seeking distraction), and others that are not so great. The collected observations of about a decade: August-September is back-to-school season for both kids and college students, which means if your clientele includes students or parents, they've got to buy stuff in prep for the school year. If neither of those apply to your audience, then it's a pretty decent month. October is generally a decent month, with people gearing up for Halloween.

November and December are either slow-downs because people are buying gifts for friends and family, OR they're massively successful because people that don't have as many obligations will treat themselves (and others that they feel close to). I suspect this is where a camgirl could shine knowing how to work the right audience. Also, there's student break for the holidays, which could be good or bad depending on your clientele. A grad student living on his own (most likely with roomies) is going to likely have more time than a father whose kid/s are now home for college break or on K-12 break. There are other factors but basically this is where you need to know your audience.

Aside from the obvious holiday of NYE/NY, January either slows down or shows an increase. This is because the holiday stress is finally past and people can relax, plus they've got new toys from Xmas to play with, and maybe some gift money to spend. Give a reason to spend it on you.

With the exception of Valentine's Day, February tends to suck for lots of different markets. It's part of why Deadpool and Black Panther's box office successes in February were taken as such a shock by the industry (because while there was a lot of advance audience hype, on paper, an R-rated superhero movie and an entirely black-led and cast superhero movie taking place in a fictional hyper-civilization in Africa were major risks because they hadn't been done before). February is a glum, drab, and a lot of people struggle with seasonal depression.

March is the beginning of spring, and things start to pick up a little here (although it's usually still a little slow, recovering from February) and in April. There's spring break, There are some religious holidays but they're not so much part of the dominant culture that they have a major impact. You do an egg painting show for Easter, maybe? (Although, that usually ends up with me painting myself, because I fail at dyeing eggs.)

May tends to be an okay month, but as soon as school lets out in either May or June (depending on location), and summer starts, expect things to slow down. The reason here is there's just too much competition in summer. The weather is either lovely or trying to kill you, people who can do so like to do stuff outside, this is a popular time to travel, summers are usually filled with blockbuster movie releases, students are out of school (both adults and kids), and there's just so much going on that people have to prioritize. There are things that you can do to help remind your clients that you exist, but only if they also follow you on social media. They just may not have the time, the energy, or the money, though.

Hopefully this is helpful. Again, this is based on observations in selling other sexual content, and the audience does differ (erotic romance novels are mostly popular with middle-aged women, particularly educated moms), so I made adjustments as to where it would be likely to differ based on the sort of audience that camgirls tend to attract (mostly, it seems, lonely or horny guys of varying ages).

another slow night...no i havent yet created a twitter bc i wasnt sure it would generate any traffic bc im so new. i will look into that though, i will also use my SM affiliate link on twitter to generate new members. but no ive just been super bored tonight going to log off soon.

In my advance twitter helps abit sometimes, eventhough im New aswell and dont have that many followers. Posting before going online, or your weekly schedule with a sexy picture/short video. Also joining retweet groups with promoters (although it can be a bust sometimes retweeting 50+ posts) but it makes more people see you are out there and people wanting to see more of YOU on cam :) feel to message me on Twitter if you want to join some groups :) and using affiliate links is very good!

In my advance twitter helps abit sometimes, eventhough im New aswell and dont have that many followers. Posting before going online, or your weekly schedule with a sexy picture/short video. Also joining retweet groups with promoters (although it can be a bust sometimes retweeting 50+ posts) but it makes more people see you are out there and people wanting to see more of YOU on cam :) feel to message me on Twitter if you want to join some groups :) and using affiliate links is very good!

hi there its mistress amina from ACF, thank you for reaching out! im so bored right now i said eff it, im going to update my twitter since i never messed with it after activating it. I started by following some of the girls i found reach out like you to help. but now that im here, im ready to start promoting bc the empty rooms are so boring and make it hard to get on for a long shift. Anyway, enough complaining, what are some groups to follow and how can i use my twitter to start getting followers?

I randomly logged in and cammed a bit this past Wednesday night and boy oh boy it was the slowest night ever for me so far! And the people who did come in my room just PM'd me the whole time, no one spoke in public chat - a situation I hadn't really encountered before to that degree. It was fine then, it was so slow that I could mostly handle paying attention to DMs like that but... it's so funny how every session ends up being so different from the last.

i see you joined a couple years ago, how long was it before you were able to balance the ups and downs in order to cover bills and essentials? Id like to be able to travel and stuff eventually and i think camming would allow me the chance to do that. I also want to be able to take care of my expenses and have some extra saved up for a rainy. Do find that you were able to get a foothold on managing the ups and downs to create semi stable income. Well i guess its stable it just fluctuates from night to night lol!

hi there its mistress amina from ACF, thank you for reaching out! im so bored right now i said eff it, im going to update my twitter since i never messed with it after activating it. I started by following some of the girls i found reach out like you to help. but now that im here, im ready to start promoting bc the empty rooms are so boring and make it hard to get on for a long shift. Anyway, enough complaining, what are some groups to follow and how can i use my twitter to start getting followers?

You can dm me there and we can figure something out :)))) just start to post sexy pics of yourself but not nudes! and follow other camgirls and retweet alot, its a good starting point :)

You can dm me there and we can figure something out :)))) just start to post sexy pics of yourself but not nudes! and follow other camgirls and retweet alot, its a good starting point :)
Okay so far i started doing that along with my streamate affiliate link to let ppl kmow im on, retweeting yes following camgirls and promo groups..check! I think i requested you on twitter yesterday so you might see that when you log on. thank you for your help!

Okay so far i started doing that along with my streamate affiliate link to let ppl kmow im on, retweeting yes following camgirls and promo groups..check! I think i requested you on twitter yesterday so you might see that when you log on. thank you for your help!
No problem dear! Glad I could help out a little :* you sent a message? Cant see it :p

Speaking to a girlfriend who’s been in the business over 10 years (she prefers Streamate) I asked her this exact question. Statistically for her, the end of the month when rent is due is the worst for her. She actually takes those days off every month to travel, have fun, etc. and typically pay-day Friday is her busiest. Those days where we don’t have the much in tips we try to develop our relationships with our viewers. A non-tipper today could be our King tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.