AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

camming on benefits/welfare? taxes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki Korova

Inactive Cam Model
Jun 18, 2018
ireland
Twitter Username
@sweetk33ks
Chaturbate Username
kiki_korova
Hi I live in the U.K and am currently on income support and disability benefit. I'm just wondering how the money I make camming will affect this if even at all. Will I get into legal trouble? I have never done taxes and have no clue how to. I did a little camming a few years back and it was fine but now I want to do it full time. If I make enough money will I be found out? idk I'm just confused on the ramifications of working, while getting money from the government because you aren't fit to 'work'. If anyone has any information on this I'd love to hear it!

p.s I'm not trying to avoid paying taxes i just genuinely don't know how it works. I'd happily pay taxes and come off benefit if I could support myself fully

personally I am on disability here in ontario canada and I claim all income made from camming, clip making, sextpanther and niteflirt. I also do income taxes and will be claiming all of these as income.

Here on disability you get to make a certain amount <200> then disability takes half of whatever else you make... I don't make enough to go off of disability.. but say I make 600/month they take 200 from my monthly cheque.

On disability we are encouraged to work as we can even if it is a small amount.

In my opinion you should claim what you make while camming to your government.

personally I am on disability here in ontario canada and I claim all income made from camming, clip making, sextpanther and niteflirt. I also do income taxes and will be claiming all of these as income.

Here on disability you get to make a certain amount <200> then disability takes half of whatever else you make... I don't make enough to go off of disability.. but say I make 600/month they take 200 from my monthly cheque.

On disability we are encouraged to work as we can even if it is a small amount.

In my opinion you should claim what you make while camming to your government.

thank u! im not really sure how to do that but im going to go to citizens advice and get their take on it hopefully they'll set me straight

Reactions: JoeSpod
Hi Kiki!

I briefly started searching what the limitations are with income and getting disability/income support. It generally seems like as long as you're working no more than 15 hours per week you're still eligible. It was hard for me to find the other limits but for the US I'm fairly sure you can't consistently make more than $720 a month without reducing your benefits at some point.

So I would recommend making sure you follow up with citizens advice on this, it does seem like camming will affect it in some way.

Also please follow up on your results so all of us can know for future reference! :D

Here in the US, it varies by where you live. State, county and municipality/city really can affect the limits. I'm sure it's the same way in other countries as well.

I'd highly encourage you to reach out to your local Gov't agency and find out for a definitive answer. :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
thank u! im not really sure how to do that but im going to go to citizens advice and get their take on it hopefully they'll set me straight

That's probably the best starting point to be honest as people you speak to within the DWP may have guidance to steer you in particular directions that you might not otherwise want to go just yet (e.g. you're self employed, not unemployed) whereas Citizens Advice tend to be able to offer a more rounded set of advice (or at least they won't be operating with the same set of targets for moving people off benefits!)

The other thing to do is call the local tax office - they can be surprisingly helpful over the phone and would at least be able to set you straight on any tax implications - the DWP are helpful, but have some very specific operating guidance so it helps to talk to them *after* you've done the research.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Are the benefits that you're currently receiving part of the system that predates Universal Credit? If so, you may wish to seek advice regarding working under both benefits systems in case you're forced to convert to Universal Credit at some point in the future. It'd be a nasty surprise to plan your income around what's permitted under your current benefits, only to find out that you'll be disqualified from your new benefits for several months because your recent income was too high.

Reactions: JoeSpod
Status
Not open for further replies.