AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Trouble getting people in my room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2018
hi! I started camming two days ago on chaturbate, I had age verification submitted a couple weeks early which apparently disqualifies me from having the new model status. So I made a new account, and I can’t get more than 30 people in my room. It’s been a few hours. I also can’t get people to tip. Here’s some info on what I’m doing, I have an HD webcam, high quality microphones, I have lovense lush connected, I have a clean room, I’m dressed sexy, I have an extensive tip menus but nothing seems to be working. I got on chaturbate from my phone while not logged into my account and scrolled through a tag I had and COULD NOT find myself. I couldn’t find myself on the homepage either. I don’t have my geographic location blocked, I don’t have anything set to say don’t advertise me or don’t put me on the homepage. My settings are fine I’ve checked 8 times. Why am I not being promoted at all? I’m an above average attractive girl. I’m very frustrated.

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
You just started two days ago. You need to give yourself more time than just two days to see how things go. Also, "free chat" sites (Chaturbate, MyFreeCams, Streamate) can be absolutely maddening, because you could have days when you're on there smiling and chatting with people...showing your fun personality...and still wind up with only a few bucks in your pocket. The shit SUCKS. But just keep at it for a little while, and give yourself time to gain new followers/regulars. Let people know how they can follow you on Twitter, and post a new tweet whenever you get on cam.

I'm currently a very, very low camscore model on MFC. On Sunday night I made about $200 in three hours on MFC (two guys who were totally new to my room), which was a pleasant surprise for me...I was so happy. The next night I was excited to get on there again, but I wound up only making a lousy $2 working those same three hours. It's frustrating as hell, and it'd be nice if we all had a magic crystal ball that could tell us if tonight's gonna be another good token night, or if it's gonna be a dud. Because on those shitty nights, I think to myself "Well damn, I could've just cammed on one of the other sites instead." Lol.

But I really like MFC, and I've been in this spot before (where I had a super low cam score, but managed to get it all the way up to 4000 at one point...then eventually quit the site for a while after earnings dropped drastically). So as tempting as it is to say fuck it, I'm done with this site...you may want to give it some more time before you throw in the towel, and see how it works out.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
You just started two days ago. You need to give yourself more time than just two days to see how things go. Also, "free chat" sites (Chaturbate, MyFreeCams, Streamate) can be absolutely maddening, because you could have days when you're on there smiling and chatting with people...showing your fun personality...and still wind up with only a few bucks in your pocket. The shit SUCKS. But just keep at it for a little while, and give yourself time to gain new followers/regulars. Let people know how they can follow you on Twitter, and post a new tweet whenever you get on cam.

I'm currently a very, very low camscore model on MFC. On Sunday night I made about $200 in three hours on MFC (two guys who were totally new to my room), which was a pleasant surprise for me...I was so happy. The next night I was excited to get on there again, but I wound up only making a lousy $2 working those same three hours. It's frustrating as hell, and it'd be nice if we all had a magic crystal ball that could tell us if tonight's gonna be another good token night, or if it's gonna be a dud. Because on those shitty nights, I think to myself "Well damn, I could've just cammed on one of the other sites instead." Lol.

But I really like MFC, and I've been in this spot before (where I had a super low cam score, but managed to get it all the way up to 4000 at one point...then eventually quit the site for a while after earnings dropped drastically). So as tempting as it is to say fuck it, I'm done with this site...you may want to give it some more time before you throw in the towel, and see how it works out.

I understand. I know I’m impatient. It’s just really disheartening to log on and see girls who are just as new with 3,000 viewers and it’s not like they’re better looking than me, or doing anything particularly interesting. It is maddening though.

The first thing I want to say is looks really aren’t that important. I see you mention it in the main post and in a response. It’s not about looks people have very different taste on what’s considered attractive. Being hot with a vagina and boobs doesn’t mean people will just hand you money. You gotta work for it. And I’m not saying you aren’t I just want to say that it’s not the important part of camming.

What is, is your show and your personality. Are you trying different show styles? Are you utilizing bots? Playing games? Do you have deals you’re offering?

I understand you’re new and time spent online can also effect your placement are you putting in the hours?

What equipment are you using? How’s your lighting?

There are a million things that add up to making a good show. My best advice is to put in the hours and try out as many different types of shows as you can. See what works. Try different times of the day too :) eventually you’ll learn what works for you. Best of luck

As a guy and "perv", in terms of looks or any physical appearance, it isn't hugely important. Just think, if we want a *perfect* ass or *perfect* set of boobs (etc) then there is MANY MANY options available to us to see these. Cam sites really are about the interaction; the fun; the engagement.
Can't deny that looks will play a part for some guys/models, an also at least a role of some kind.. but you need to understand it's not the be all and end all.

i took me ages to past post 100 People in my room, slowly it grows.
what I am concerned about is the fact you claiming you can not see yourself in the User's list.
that shouldn't be the case.

Reactions: DFT
i took me ages to past post 100 People in my room, slowly it grows.
what I am concerned about is the fact you claiming you can not see yourself in the User's list.
that shouldn't be the case.

From what I am reading, she is not saying the "user list". It's from the homepage that she doesn't appear to be showing on.However, with that said, it might just be that you're overlooking yourself. I mean, the thumbnails refresh by themselves every 30 - 60 seconds (sorry can't remember exactly).

One way to test to make sure you ARE appearing, is to use the "advanced" optopn and "search" for your whole name. It only yields results for those ONLINE so only do it when you are online.
There are times the site will glitch/bug out and a model's thumbnail will NOT appear in their followers "follow" tab or on the main page. Some times this is temporary and fixes itself after a few or 5 minutes, other times I have known it to last for an hour - regardless of how many times the model reboots, rejoins, uses OBS or not, no matter what browser etc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Alliecat419
From what I am reading, she is not saying the "user list". It's from the homepage that she doesn't appear to be showing on.However, with that said, it might just be that you're overlooking yourself. I mean, the thumbnails refresh by themselves every 30 - 60 seconds (sorry can't remember exactly).

One way to test to make sure you ARE appearing, is to use the "advanced" optopn and "search" for your whole name. It only yields results for those ONLINE so only do it when you are online.
There are times the site will glitch/bug out and a model's thumbnail will NOT appear in their followers "follow" tab or on the main page. Some times this is temporary and fixes itself after a few or 5 minutes, other times I have known it to last for an hour - regardless of how many times the model reboots, rejoins, uses OBS or not, no matter what browser etc.
Yes. I did search for my whole name and couldn’t find myself!! Like I’m really not appearing. I’ve already followed all the advice everyone has given me in this thread. I’m doing interesting stuff, talking to people who come in my room, playing games. But neither me nor the two friends I’ve had to help can find me on the homepage or find me by searching. I firmly believe the issue isn’t how I’m performing shows it’s that I’m barely visible.

I have good lighting, a good camera, I’m using apps and bots and different ones each show, I’m logging in for five hours at a time. But I really, truly, 100% cannot find myself unless I directly type my url. Neither can my two friends.

I have good lighting, a good camera, I’m using apps and bots and different ones each show, I’m logging in for five hours at a time. But I really, truly, 100% cannot find myself unless I directly type my url. Neither can my two friends.
Just went to your room on cb and miss 1 thing what i instantly notice no twitter. Set up a twitter account and start posting with the right promoters

Just went to your room on cb and miss 1 thing what i instantly notice no twitter. Set up a twitter account and start posting with the right promoters

If her name here is the same as on CB (alliecat419) then in her bio it does say she is also on twitter (and posts live updates) - her twitter handle is the exact same as her name here + CB @Alliecat419

Edit:
If they are you, then on your Twitter, the link for your CB is linking to your OLD (presumably) account (naughty_allie_cat)

Reactions: Alliecat419
start posting with the right promoters

Promoters are almost completely useless. Sure, you can get more followers using them, but they're freeloaders who follow promo accounts for free content. A lot are also skeevy and expect free content or money in exchange for promo. It's far better to just use Twitter to update your fans and interact with other models. The networking opportunities are invaluable, and you're more likely to get quality followers.

Reactions: MiaFoxUK
If her name here is the same as on CB (alliecat419) then in her bio it does say she is also on twitter (and posts live updates) - her twitter handle is the exact same as her name here + CB @Alliecat419

Edit:
If they are you, then on your Twitter, the link for your CB is linking to your OLD (presumably) account (naughty_allie_cat)
I made a new account because I couldn’t get new model status with alliecat419

Status
Not open for further replies.