AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC share questions and answers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't move the albums into one album, but what you can do is make a 2018 recordings collection.

here's mine as an example: https://share.myfreecams.com/Miss_Lollipop/collections

If you scroll through you'll see i have all of my 2018 vids in one collection. All my 2017 etc and so on. Then if you look at my 2017 collection you'll see i've added a bulk price of 3000 tks - that means that person can tip that price to get every video in that collection. If i add vids to the collection later, they will NOT get the new vids.

THe advantage of collections is that you can have single albums in multiple collections.

So my 2018 vids are all grouped in one, but all my girl/girl vids from any year are also in my 'girl/girl' collection and so on.

Thank you! Do collections have passwords too?

Thank you! Do collections have passwords too?
Doesn't seem to be a password option for collections, but you can send vouchers for a collection. Here are the only options:
Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 8.36.29 AM.png

Doesn't seem to be a password option for collections, but you can send vouchers for a collection. Here are the only options:
View attachment 79465

Awww... I am a CB model and I use Share for storing my videos so my users don't know their way around MFC well enough to do vouchers. Oh well.. Reuploading the whole thing is out of the question.

my users don't know their way around MFC well enough to do vouchers.
Have you looked at how they work? You'd just send them an mfc mail with the link, they click it, and they have access. Even my most tech-unsavvy members have figured it out. I think it's actually simpler than telling them to enter a password on which page and whatnot.

And to send them an MFC mail you just enter their name on the voucher page and share automatically sends them the mail.

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 8.56.02 AM.png

Not sure if it would work for you, but you're not really using share for it's intended purposes ( :p ) anyway haha.

Have you looked at how they work? You'd just send them an mfc mail with the link, they click it, and they have access. Even my most tech-unsavvy members have figured it out. I think it's actually simpler than telling them to enter a password on which page and whatnot.

And to send them an MFC mail you just enter their name on the voucher page and share automatically sends them the mail.

View attachment 79467

Not sure if it would work for you, but you're not really using share for it's intended purposes ( :p ) anyway haha.

Yeah I understand but these are guys who are just creating their account on MFC and they don't even understand the differnce between MFC and Share. I would have to explain how to find their MFC mail, etc. It adds one more step to an already complicated process for them. But yeah it's not MFC's fault, although maybe they should look into adding passwords to collections? it is a useful function

Yeah I understand but these are guys who are just creating their account on MFC and they don't even understand the differnce between MFC and Share. I would have to explain how to find their MFC mail, etc. It adds one more step to an already complicated process for them. But yeah it's not MFC's fault, although maybe they should look into adding passwords to collections? it is a useful function
You can just copy a link to the voucher and send that to them on any platform you prefer. I have probably sent people a hundred vouchers that way.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
You can just copy a link to the voucher and send that to them on any platform you prefer. I have probably sent people a hundred vouchers that way.
Yeah there's that too but the perk to using the auto MFC mail is that you can keep better track of vouchers. It basically "assigns" that voucher to a person, whereas if you generate one and send it manually, it is unassigned in the vouchers page. (Sorry that might make better sense to a model who uses vouchers than a room helper).

Edit to add: but yes DJ you're right that may be easier for Mila to use.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
Yeah there's that too but the perk to using the auto MFC mail is that you can keep better track of vouchers. It basically "assigns" that voucher to a person, whereas if you generate one and send it manually, it is unassigned in the vouchers page. (Sorry that might make better sense to a model who uses vouchers than a room helper).

Edit to add: but yes DJ you're right that may be easier for Mila to use.
Before sending them out through MFC mail was an option I used to write down in WordPad what vouchers had been sent out to whom and when so I could keep track of who had gotten a voucher so I have a very good idea how it works. In KhaleesiWilde's room every new tipper of 25 tokens or more gets the new tipper video and I was in charge of keeping track of what vouchers had been sent out back then. As you can imagine there were quite a few vouchers to keep track of

• Funny!
Reactions: AmberCutie
So I've been looking into 'My codes"
So confused....
I wanted to create a code only my snapchat followers could use. So I made one and it pops up on my share down the bottom of the page so anyone can use it. So I clicked unlisted but I am pretty sure that makes it inactive.
So does anyone know if it's possible to give out these codes so only certain people can use them. Sooo I'm guessing not? Or am I just not understanding something?
x

So I've been looking into 'My codes"
So confused....
I wanted to create a code only my snapchat followers could use. So I made one and it pops up on my share down the bottom of the page so anyone can use it. So I clicked unlisted but I am pretty sure that makes it inactive.
So does anyone know if it's possible to give out these codes so only certain people can use them. Sooo I'm guessing not? Or am I just not understanding something?
x
I’m not sure that’s the best use of codes, if you want to give a discount to your snap members to certain things, you can add albums or collections to the Snapchat club (assuming you use clubs for your Snapchat stuff) that they can use as a discount which is easier.

I’m not sure that’s the best use of codes, if you want to give a discount to your snap members to certain things, you can add albums or collections to the Snapchat club (assuming you use clubs for your Snapchat stuff) that they can use as a discount which is easier.

Yeah I wanted to give them 20% off whatever they wanted on my share. Oh well. Thank you anyway @AmberCutie . I'll look into what you suggested :) x

• Hugs
Yeah I wanted to give them 20% off whatever they wanted on my share. Oh well. Thank you anyway @AmberCutie . I'll look into what you suggested :) x
I know what you mean, too, but some of the features on share aren’t totally thought out, have some quirks haha. I know being able to send someone a code without it being visible on the page would be handy. Maybe some day they’ll work out all the kinks. For now i think they’re focused on pumping out every possible feature we could need to make our cam time more convenient.

Reactions: jessica21
hey this might be a bit of a dumb question but i cant find anyone mentioning this or any updates from MFC on this but are tags now available for MFCshare content? the most recently ive seen anyone talk about it the answer was still no and that was just a couple of months ago so i just find it odd that they’d roll out such a demanded feature and it not be mentioned by MFC themselves or by any models. I just wanna make sure I’m not getting something confused for a tag feature when it’s not.

thank you!!

hey this might be a bit of a dumb question but i cant find anyone mentioning this or any updates from MFC on this but are tags now available for MFCshare content? the most recently ive seen anyone talk about it the answer was still no and that was just a couple of months ago so i just find it odd that they’d roll out such a demanded feature and it not be mentioned by MFC themselves or by any models. I just wanna make sure I’m not getting something confused for a tag feature when it’s not.

thank you!!
I noticed them suddenly available as well, haven't heard anything and haven't spent much time trying to figure out how they work yet.

From my little experimenting with the tags it seems you can't search for a tag and if you click a tag it only shows videos from the same model with the same tag. My guess it is not finished yet.

Bit of a stupid question as a member here. If L am browsing on share, do I show as online to anyone who has me added as a friend on MFC?

Bit of a stupid question as a member here. If L am browsing on share, do I show as online to anyone who has me added as a friend on MFC?
Hmm, no, I don't think anyone other than models who are currently broadcasting on MFC itself show as online there.

Hmm, no, I don't think anyone other than models who are currently broadcasting on MFC itself show as online there.

I may have worded that badly. I meant if I was only on share, and the friend was only on MFC, would I show as online in their friends list on MFC?

I may have worded that badly. I meant if I was only on share, and the friend was only on MFC, would I show as online in their friends list on MFC?
I don't think so. If you're not logged into the www.myfreecams site, it should not show you as online. Just like when we models are checking our mfc mail on the admin page (profiles.myfreecams) we do not show online to you.

I don't know if this has been asked already. My question is about the MFC "CLUB SHOWS". If a Club group is in an exclusive show, is there a per minute charge? Or is the Club show a way to provide a free show reward to members who join a particular club and regularly support you? Obviously a member can tip within a Club Show.. I was just curious if there was an automatic token deduction per minute?

I don't know if this has been asked already. My question is about the MFC "CLUB SHOWS". If a Club group is in an exclusive show, is there a per minute charge? Or is the Club show a way to provide a free show reward to members who join a particular club and regularly support you? Obviously a member can tip within a Club Show.. I was just curious if there was an automatic token deduction per minute?
There is no per minute fee.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Slowburst
I’ve tried to read every mention of MFC share in the public threads but I haven’t seen anyone mention this and it may be a fairly useless question, but, out of curiosity why exactly did they make it so everything gets posted in individual albums instead of having a “videos” section? I’m not sure if I’m being super clear but I just mean that it seems odd to me that every individual video be labeled an “album”. Anyways, pertinent to my actual use of MFC share:

1. what is the point of passwords? I may just be too paranoid but my first thought was that people could easily tell each other passwords to albums and then people that you didn’t grant access to would be able to access your content... maybe I’m misunderstanding how passwords work?

2. what are the practical differences between listing Snapchat as an “item” or a “club”? The only thing I could figure is that if you offer a monthly or yearly subscription the clubs have a membership time limit, however, from what I’ve read, the usernames just disappear after their membership expires so you would still have to independently keep track of who to remove from Snapchat at the end of the month/year which is how I imagined you would manage it through it being an “item”. Is there any advantages or disadvantages of either that I’m unaware of?

1. what is the point of passwords? I may just be too paranoid but my first thought was that people could easily tell each other passwords to albums and then people that you didn’t grant access to would be able to access your content... maybe I’m misunderstanding how passwords work?
You're correct, I think girls use passwords just to make things simple to paste a password into a message vs. creating vouchers. But it's less secure. Vouchers are the best method of all the things by far.

2. what are the practical differences between listing Snapchat as an “item” or a “club”? The only thing I could figure is that if you offer a monthly or yearly subscription the clubs have a membership time limit, however, from what I’ve read, the usernames just disappear after their membership expires so you would still have to independently keep track of who to remove from Snapchat at the end of the month/year which is how I imagined you would manage it through it being an “item”. Is there any advantages or disadvantages of either that I’m unaware of?
As noted you can see when a club user's subscription will expire. (and after it expires you can find info in the club stats page). You can also add albums to the club as a bonus like I do (I download snaps from my story and post them there as a perk). Users can also opt into recurring subscriptions on a club, vs having to re-buy an item when their snap expires.

As noted you can see when a club user's subscription will expire. (and after it expires you can find info in the club stats page). You can also add albums to the club as a bonus like I do (I download snaps from my story and post them there as a perk). Users can also opt into recurring subscriptions on a club, vs having to re-buy an item when their snap expires.

I wish I had realized this sooner!

Is there any quality difference between MFC share and ManyVids? Or is there no upload size limit on either?

Remembered why I stopped tipping for clips from a particular model.

The "editing" is rather poor, and the videos are often randomly spliced together bits from her shows with awkward power point style transitions. There's also a lot of ambient noise, whether it be the music she's playing or pm/skype message notifications. A few of them also have desynced audio. Tipped for a video yesterday and sure enough it has both of these annoyances. It's still good "entertainment," but the content doesn't really warrant the higher price tag she charges for clips imo.

I guess it really shows the difference between people who take this very seriously and those who kind of just do it half assed for extra money/tokens. I've occasionally looked at the most viewed albums on mfcshare, and some girls put a lot of work into their content.

Not sure if bringing this up to the model is worth it. I imagine it would just get ignored anyway. She often brings up that I don't tip for some monthly club, but when I suggested something to her about how to improve said club she didn't seem interested at all. It should have been a hint to her that she should probably post more content. It might just be standard model behavior, but she's made other comments to me in the past about how she doesn't have many people tipping for it.

Well I noticed something today that is a bit confusing. Some of her clips have the watermark from one of the camshow upload sites.

I have no clue if she's at all affiliated with that site, but doesn't this seem a bit counter productive? It's like hey buy my clips here, but here's a site where you can get all of them for much less.

Well I noticed something today that is a bit confusing. Some of her clips have the watermark from one of the camshow upload sites.

I have no clue if she's at all affiliated with that site, but doesn't this seem a bit counter productive? It's like hey buy my clips here, but here's a site where you can get all of them for much less.
She may have just taken advantage of the vid being uploaded somewhere and downloaded it to post on Share. It does suck that the watermark is on there and I imagine most of us would avoid posting that, but she’s just trying to make lemonade with her lemons.

She may have just taken advantage of the vid being uploaded somewhere and downloaded it to post on Share. It does suck that the watermark is on there and I imagine most of us would avoid posting that, but she’s just trying to make lemonade with her lemons.

If she can get it without paying, then it's slightly more understandable. But why pay to download your own content? Why not just save your own recordings. I know plenty of Twitch streamers that do this for their youtube channels.

Although I think it's somebody else that's "managing" her content, and for me this is just another sign that they don't know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.