AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Okay so I have a solo and couples account. Do y'all think charging $5.99 for Pvt and $6.99 in exl is too little or too much on my couple account?
Try at least 100 hours at different price points and look at the data. You’ll find your sweet spot

Upvote 0
I made a new Streamate because I signed up with Boleyn and didn't have much on the other account. Problem is, my name has an underscore and my cammodels link + regular streamate link just go to the homepage/page not found rather than my page. Does it take time maybe? Or is it the underscore? My account was approved yesterday.

Upvote 0
I made a new Streamate because I signed up with Boleyn and didn't have much on the other account. Problem is, my name has an underscore and my cammodels link + regular streamate link just go to the homepage/page not found rather than my page. Does it take time maybe? Or is it the underscore? My account was approved yesterday.
Its working now, sorry everyone

• Hugs
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
Is it harmful or helpful to turn on the option for credit card members only?

They've pretty much done away with member accounts that don't have a credit card on file, so it really doesn't make a difference any more. It used to be that you had to allow them to qualify for gold shows, but I don't know if they changed that criteria. Even when those members existed, allowing them didn't really make a difference in my traffic, plus they show up in a different chat box and you can't block them, only kick them, so they were just a pain.

Upvote 0
I can't get people interested in gold shows... at all. Last night I tried a 20 minute shower show for $12 gold... nope. I tried a 7 min tit play show for $5gold nope...and I think I tried a 5 min tit play show for $3gold...

Do I need to offer pussy and pretend to orgasm for like $3gold/5min?

Maybe Im not as exciting? I dont know.

Also after my first week my earnings took a huge dive. I went from $750 to $145 to $85 :(

Any tips would be appreciated, and I understand it will fluctuate and I'm glad that monthly my earnings are way up from chaturbate, but damn if I don't want $750 weeks more often

I’m in the same boat... I love to try to do gold shows but honestly I either get no I want an exclusive or I cannot get them to join I’m totally enthusiastic haha but it’s not worth the time or effort when I can be doing Exclusive or private’s. Now maybe once a month I’ll get it in my head I’m doing gold shows today and that’s that. Lol sometimes I get lucky but most of the time it’s literally like pulling teeth

Reactions: CurvyJ
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Good news, I finally received the permission (lol) to raise my rates!! I'm definitely more at ease like this. :) Thank you for your help @AudriTwo !
What did you say to get them to raise your rates? I emailed them about raising mine but they said I was unable to, and to check again once I've started streaming again (I haven't been on in like a year) and to have a 'steady amount of paid chat sessions'. Which seems like complete bullshit to me since I've been camming and clip making for a year and a half now, I'm not exactly a newb here. I don't know why they don't give you the option of having it higher to begin with grumble grumble.....

Upvote 0
What did you say to get them to raise your rates? I emailed them about raising mine but they said I was unable to, and to check again once I've started streaming again (I haven't been on in like a year) and to have a 'steady amount of paid chat sessions'. Which seems like complete bullshit to me since I've been camming and clip making for a year and a half now, I'm not exactly a newb here. I don't know why they don't give you the option of having it higher to begin with grumble grumble.....

I went through Liz directly! And yes it really sucks, I don't understand why they're like this!

• Helpful!
Reactions: AlexaCrush
Upvote 0
I went through Liz directly! And yes it really sucks, I don't understand why they're like this!

Because the majority of the time new models don't know how to sell the idea of $5+ shows to members. Members don't care about the cut they see a higher rate and the model needs to be able to sell the value of that rate. New models might be having tech issues not understanding the interface or other issues on top of not being able to describe their offerings other than, 'wait and see'.

I think SM wants models to get a few small shows in to build up their tags and comments and stars and activate gold show then jack the price up later.

This is opinion of course.

Upvote 0
Because the majority of the time new models don't know how to sell the idea of $5+ shows to members. Members don't care about the cut they see a higher rate and the model needs to be able to sell the value of that rate. New models might be having tech issues not understanding the interface or other issues on top of not being able to describe their offerings other than, 'wait and see'.

I think SM wants models to get a few small shows in to build up their tags and comments and stars and activate gold show then jack the price up later.

I get that, but at the same time there is nothing on the site that suggests we have the option of raising the rates (other than seeing other perfomers rates). I mean, the way this site is set up it's perfect for people who don't want to deal with twitter or anything outside of their login/logoff work bubble, so they might not ever realize that's an option if they're not checking out other people. I would have never known you could raise the rates if not for this thread (other than, again, looking directly at other models rates).
It just seems kind of condescending if that's their reasoning, like "oh, you're new here so you probably don't know what your doing, we'll put a cap on what you can charge instead of letting you make those decisions for yourself". Idk, I'm a little salty about it. I feel like there's better ways they could go about it, you know?

Upvote 0
I get that, but at the same time there is nothing on the site that suggests we have the option of raising the rates (other than seeing other perfomers rates). I mean, the way this site is set up it's perfect for people who don't want to deal with twitter or anything outside of their login/logoff work bubble, so they might not ever realize that's an option if they're not checking out other people. I would have never known you could raise the rates if not for this thread (other than, again, looking directly at other models rates).
It just seems kind of condescending if that's their reasoning, like "oh, you're new here so you probably don't know what your doing, we'll put a cap on what you can charge instead of letting you make those decisions for yourself". Idk, I'm a little salty about it. I feel like there's better ways they could go about it, you know?

At the same time members have to contact them to have their daily spending limits raised above $300. I don't feel it's a, 'you can't be trusted with your own money' thing but a safety net so new members don't go over their heads and to limit their liability.

Upvote 0

Well I think that if a camgirl overprices herself and doesn't manage to get privates because of that she will realize it sooner or later anyway. I think it's simply unfair to prevent everyone from deciding what they think they are worth. It's also possible to come to SM from another camsite and not being a newbie at all, but they still won't let you.

Like here I was answering to a camgirl who said she already has experience of more than 1 year on SM, so this reasoning doesn't work. Same thing for me. I was coming from CB, so not a total newbie camgirl.

Upvote 0
At the same time members have to contact them to have their daily spending limits raised above $300. I don't feel it's a, 'you can't be trusted with your own money' thing but a safety net so new members don't go over their heads and to limit their liability.
And? That's entirely unrelated. It also isn't really much different from the way that token sites are set up, except you choose your limit by setting it rather than by purchasing site currency in that amount. But it's completely different than telling your contractors that they are only allowed to set low prices until an arbitrary point in time when support decides to bump you up, and only after you contact them repeatedly to do so.

Even if all they did was lay out the expectations in a clear manner in the FAQ that allows performers to see exactly what they must do to be granted higher rate options, that would be a vast improvement. With all we know about SM support, it is obvious that these expectations don't exist in this manner, these expectations are not clearly defined IF they actually exist at all. It is considered on a case-by-case basis, and you are just rolling the dice hoping that the support person who takes your ticket on has some sense. You can get different answers for the same request depending on who you ask. That, to me, is the root of the issue. If they are going to have rules and procedures through which they are to decide our earning potential, they ought to be defined somewhere.

Upvote 0
Because the majority of the time new models don't know how to sell the idea of $5+ shows to members.

- Log on, perform basic response routine to members in room
- Get taken private
- Do show

It's that easy. Everyone gets idiots who bitch about price, that doesn't mean that they're doing anything wrong, those dudes also bitch that $1.99 is too much, and they wouldn't spend even if it was 99¢, so their opinion doesn't matter.

Upvote 0
I think SM wants models to get a few small shows in to build up their tags and comments and stars
I missed this part of the thread in my initial reply. If SM wanted to do that, they'd make it mandatory to rate shows instead of allowing members to quit without even seeing the option. Or they'd allow feedback to be given after the fact. This would be a goofy way to attempt to get more member feedback, I don't think this suggestion holds water either.

Upvote 0
I just signed up with Boleyn and streamed the first time tonight. I checked my cam because everyone was just coming and going for 45 minutes with one only guy who said he was going too take me exclusive and then logged off (ugh). Then I realized my stream is super delayed and grainy. I have the HD settings in place and use a c920 logitech. Do I really really have to to plug in directly to ethernet? :( I logged off once I noticed that because whatts the point with a bad stream. I have a mac so I have to go buy a million dollar adapter from the apple store if this is the case.

I was hoping to get away with streaming on WiFi on my Mac :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 7.15.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 7.15.52 PM.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
I just signed up with Boleyn and streamed the first time tonight. I checked my cam because everyone was just coming and going for 45 minutes with one only guy who said he was going too take me exclusive and then logged off (ugh). Then I realized my stream is super delayed and grainy. I have the HD settings in place and use a c920 logitech. Do I really really have to to plug in directly to ethernet? :( I logged off once I noticed that because whatts the point with a bad stream. I have a mac so I have to go buy a million dollar adapter from the apple store if this is the case.

I had to stream with wifi only the last couple of days and it worked just fine. I'm still super new on SM so I don't know what settings you may have to tweak. Just wanted to let you know that streaming with wifi is doable. Which encoder were you using?

Upvote 0

This is what I bought to hardwire my MacBook and so far it’s worked fine. No need to go out and buy some expensive thing direct from apple. (I did have to dig up the driver for it online since I don’t have a dvd drive on my computer.)

Are you using SMB or OBS or one of the new options that SM is testing atm? Are your stats (bitrate/FPS/try) showing as excellent on your ranking page? If those are showing as excellent, you may have just had a crap night and it might not be the computer. I’ve streamed a lot without hardwiring and never had a problem so it’s not a requirement. If your internet is slower, it’d definitely help to hardwire tho.

Upvote 0
I had to stream with wifi only the last couple of days and it worked just fine. I'm still super new on SM so I don't know what settings you may have to tweak. Just wanted to let you know that streaming with wifi is doable. Which encoder were you using?
I didn't use any? I think? I just pressed "start show" without any other set up. I have OBS. I should figure it out.

Upvote 0

Sometimes Streamate is just buggy as hell. I was having a 10-15 second delay with a low-res feed on Sunday, and I *was* hardwired. I disconnected and reconnected a billion times, switched from the old broadcasting page with OBS and over to SM Connect with web encoding and back again about a dozen times, updated my browser, reset my modem, did a speed test - everything was perfect on my end. I managed to still make money, but it was a battle.

• Helpful!
Reactions: peacheepie
Upvote 0
I have a mac so I have to go buy a million dollar adapter from the apple store if this is the case.
What type of Mac (MacBook, iMac) do you have? You should be able to pick up the dongle for $30-ish. Walmart has them for $26. Note, that the link is just an example, the exact dongle you need will depend on your Mac.

While your network will always be faster if your computer is hard wired newish wifi equipment can often be "good enough". You can always check your speeds on speedtest.net and see if what you have measures up.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
If you speedtest your connection, take note of the amount of variance in the quoted speeds. If you have a "fast" connection but are seeing a lot of ups and downs, rather than a steady rate, that is where you will run into issues. I think lots of people have connections that would in theory work just fine for streaming on SM, but if it's bouncing all around, not so much. If that is the case, maybe you can try streaming from a location in your home that is closer to the modem, with less walls and stuff in between to interfere. @peacheepie

Upvote 0
I often don't see new messages until I click the messages tab then the individual messages... so so so annoying

I’m not seeing new messages. I’ve never experienced this before should I be worried ?on streamate

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! I online video conference for my vanilla work in the same room as where I'm currently camming (my actual cam room is totally taken up by a paddle board. I'm usually at 100+ down, 10+ up, with ping less than 30 in booth rooms, although being in a different room that my router I think does make a difference sometimes. I'm going to keep checking it out and hopefully it was just a one off and I won't need to buy a dongle but appreciate the link! I'll probably end up getting it eventually just in case.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the dp. What is it when you don't get a notice an exclusive show is starting and *just* get a message that its ended? It's happened 2x tonight. There were other people in the room still.... but I made $2? lol idk I think I fucked up maybe? Do you not get any notice that its changing to private? I'd assume it would. I also thought both user had to opt in? Neither of the other users said boo. Both happened pretty quickly... I'm realizing now their name was blue so i guess they did start something? Yikes, I feel like a bitch lol. One of the dudes was being a jerk before so I was still being snippy with him. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for the dp. What is it when you don't get a notice an exclusive show is starting and *just* get a message that its ended? It's happened 2x tonight. There were other people in the room still.... but I made $2? lol idk I think I fucked up maybe? Do you not get any notice that its changing to private? I'd assume it would. I also thought both user had to opt in? Neither of the other users said boo. Both happened pretty quickly... I'm realizing now their name was blue so i guess they did start something? Yikes, I feel like a bitch lol. One of the dudes was being a jerk before so I was still being snippy with him. :facepalm:

There's two types of paid chat: premium and exclusive. Premium just pops you in there, and people can still stay in your free chat, and can even keep typing, but they won't see your feed. Exclusive, you get a box that pops up and you can accept or decline, and it boots everyone from your room.

That's on the old broadcasting page, at least. I haven't streamed much on Smconnect because it's still buggy for me.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0