AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Bluesky

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Anyone else notice that Bluesky upscales images that are posted? I have a specific I save for web images, which is good enough for fidelity, but not huge. When I post to Bluesky, it upscales all my images to a 2k width, more than doubling the image size. It's very odd.

here’s one from me

bsky-social-qbjao-kh6mi

Anyone gaining traction on Bluesky? I've been using primarily with an account for my NSFW art, and slowly-but-surely getting a following.

Anyone gaining traction on Bluesky? I've been using primarily with an account for my NSFW art, and slowly-but-surely getting a following.
Unfortunately I keep forgetting it exists and haven't posted much to it. It just isn't the same engagement and entertainment as Twitter so I just continue spending my time there.

I guess it isn't surprising, as I've spent 14+ years curating my lists and algorithm on Twitter so it's just natural that I find more entertainment there.

Unfortunately I keep forgetting it exists and haven't posted much to it. It just isn't the same engagement and entertainment as Twitter so I just continue spending my time there.

I guess it isn't surprising, as I've spent 14+ years curating my lists and algorithm on Twitter so it's just natural that I find more entertainment there.
I forget I even have bluesky until I see someone talking about it 😂 that's how it's been with a lot of social media sites that have failed that I have used, since they dont provide anything unique enough for you to want to be there over another site they kind of just get forgotten about.

Its like why would I you use a instragram/facebook/youtube clone when all the content is on instragram/facebook/youtube, it might have better privacy options etc, but the main thing it cant compete with is the amount of content that has been provided to instragram/facebook/youtube, which is the main reason people are visiting the site.

Honestly, I don't hate it. I like the small community feel of it, tbh.

The only social media I've spent time cultivating any presence in is Reddit, and I make no secret my love/hate relationship with that cesspool. The rest are actively hostile to the kind of content I'm making and seeking out, and/or would represent a sorely diminished return on investment of time and content. So, for me, the prospect of just being part of something new is nice. Plus, when it comes to social media, my bar has dropped pretty low. At this point, there's only a few criteria:

1. Don't be Reddit.
2. Don't be some Alt-Right garbage fire.
3. Be centralized and/or connected enough that I can easily find things I'm interested in and promote my stuff to people who might be interested.
4. Don't be gentrified and soulless, and be friendly to NSFW/adult content.

So far, Bluesky hits all those points.

Reactions: SuperPookie
I have been taking a break from social media in general but when I was actively posting I was gathering followers though if any of them became customers I do not know.
Twitter I no longer use at all. It's a huge waste of my time and I do not want to support Elon Musk.

Reactions: zippypinhead
My current available codes:

bsky-social-lsljb-iq7bp
bsky-social-roupg-zwanb
Thank you - I used the bottom one! :)

Now I will figure out how to work this thing out, I am no good with this stuff. :D

Reactions: Pommster
Bluesky is open without invite now, wonder if that'll change much.

Oh, shit. The floodgates are open!

I'm honestly surprised they'd take it out of the walled garden before implementing expected functions, like video and true tagging. I suspect, without stuff like that, it'll stay pretty quiet.

Okay to hijack this thread to discuss other alternative social media? Fediverse, Pillowfort, etc? It's nice that Bluesky has turned out to be a somewhat positive distraction for me, as I try to ween myself away from doomscrolling bigger social media sites, and I'd love to know if there are any other good sites to peruse. Lemmy seems to have some promise. It doesn't seem so openly full of chuds as most alternatives I've looked into, and it even has an Old Reddit style interface available.

Guys, I'm going back to the World Wide Web, and I'm not going alone. There's a growing retro-Web movement!

Been looking into static web -- so, like pre-Web 2.0 -- and found Neocities. I know it's been around for a while, as a response to when Geocities got wiped by Yahoo! years ago. It just looks really cool. I miss that old aesthetic!

Speaking of old aesthetic, anyone else miss Myspace? I just found out about Spacehey. It would be very cool to find an open source Myspace clone, so I think that's what I'll be looking for next.

Guys, I'm going back to the World Wide Web, and I'm not going alone. There's a growing retro-Web movement!

Been looking into static web -- so, like pre-Web 2.0 -- and found Neocities. I know it's been around for a while, as a response to when Geocities got wiped by Yahoo! years ago. It just looks really cool. I miss that old aesthetic!

Speaking of old aesthetic, anyone else miss Myspace? I just found out about Spacehey. It would be very cool to find an open source Myspace clone, so I think that's what I'll be looking for next.
The web was such a more interesting place in the old geocities days imo, every website had it's own look and feel, these days if you remove the domain name and branding from a site you would never know what site it was. Damn spacehey brings back some memories, I cant remember the last time myspace looked like that 😂

Reactions: zippypinhead
I've spent the last couple of weekends building a website for my comics and stuff on Neocities. It's honestly the most fun I've had online in a very long time.

The web was such a more interesting place in the old geocities days imo, every website had it's own look and feel, these days if you remove the domain name and branding from a site you would never know what site it was. Damn spacehey brings back some memories, I cant remember the last time myspace looked like that 😂

Working on my website has made me realize what I've hated so much about trying to use increasingly homogeneous social media platforms -- having to discard one's creativity and personal expression in order to conform to such narrow, unimaginative, corporate, ad-friendly bullshit. I've been having a great time poking around other people's websites on Neocities, and I've found some really great stuff there. too!

Reactions: KingMarti