AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Samples of Custom Video Requests

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerald, Bianca and Charlotte said pretty much verbatim what I have been trying to say to you in the past three messages and I'm guessing the only reason you couldn't read it when I said it was because either you chose not to or because you have your head wedged so far up your ass that light is no longer visible. Thus, why I made comments about respect, playing favorites, being arrogant or naive and taking shit too fucking personally. This whole thread (that's devoted to boosting your industrial prowess) derailed into the fucking ocean all because you started taking everything goddamn personally. You kinda still are, mostly directed at me, which is a really nice, warm, fuzzy feeling. This makes me deduce one thing and one thing only - there is really no point in discussing business with someone that's more concerned about their own personal feelings than the product they are making or service they look to provide.

We are your potential business partners. If you will turn on us simply because you disagree about realities in the business world, what happens when we actually start working with you and money is involved? What happens if we need customer support and you suddenly decide "this person isn't a 'power-user', they're on their own"? This is what I was saying earlier about professionalism. You are representing your product. Publicly trying to pay people for information and to consult with them right in front of the people who have been helping you for free for almost a month is a real scumbag move, might be wise to reflect on how that might look/feel to your potential clients.

This thread derailed to the ocean, which is a fail, because I got pissed of you consistently arguing convenience was not creating value. I should not get pissed, I totally agree it lacks professionalism.

One has to notice though that many cam model personal websites, including the one @msbiancabaker and @DaniPicas, do not feature credit card payments. They are instead featuring a lot of explanations about as a customer where should I go to make payment, depending on if I want a custom video, to make a tribute, I am from the US or not etc.

This is not convenient for the customer, and I'd think it is not so great for the person owning the site: everytime there are hurdles on the path to a successful purchase, you are losing sales. I believe, and that is what @Dani Picas said as well, that if the adult performer is not offering credit card payment directly on his site it is because it is currently not so easy to achieve - lack of convenience - : you have to talk with the PSP, it takes time and $500 - $1000 upfront cost.

I want to make it much easier and free for adult performers to accept credit card payments from their site. If msbiancabaker is not offering credit card payments directly not because it was uneasy to get it done, but because she'd rather send her customer to other sites then I am out of business reality.

DeezNA said:
What happens if we need customer support and you suddenly decide "this person isn't a 'power-user', they're on their own"?

I'd provide customer support to the model, hell that is a chance to turn the model in a 'power-user' by solving the problems he is experiencing. Customer support is not a cost, customer support is the occasion to market. That's why I wanted to empower models into contacting customers proceeding to a chargeback so they can know why, and possibly get the guy becoming a return customer! And I'd support a model trying to do this anytime.

Customer support explains the success of companies like Zappos which was sold over a billion dollar to Amazon. I love their model, people called them asking for when to find a pizzeria in the night and they would help out even though they are an online retailer of shoes!

DeezNA said:
Publicly trying to pay people for information and to consult with them right in front of the people who have been helping you for free for almost a month is a real scumbag move

Ok sorry about that. But please note that I offered money for specific information right at the beginning of the thread, for anyone willing to provide them. I meant it as a public offering, not just to someone in particular. I will not do it again.

I have taken things personally because you are talking about me like you can read me. I'm pretty sure you are very talented at reading people, it's part of your job to do it online. But you did not get me right so far ! ;)

• Wat?!
Reactions: DeezNA
This thread has successfully made me wary of any software or website you may eventually produce.....

@Gerald75 - I am addressing you the way that I am because, since you started to view me as directly challenging your business model premise and possibly confrontational, you have been pretty much ignoring the things you don't want to hear and addressing chosen bullet-points extracted out of whatever content I give you and dodging the rest. All the while claiming transparency as being of the utmost importance. You have been doing this since the very beginning, this is just blatant fact. You only listen to whoever seems to be the most in agreement with you or whoever you see as being a "successful model" in your eyes; if that changes at any point, their feedback and perspective loses all merit. This speaks volumes to not only the way you perceive and choose to interpret feedback but also how you choose to treat others in a business environment, both of which are extremely poor ways to conduct business and are very discouraging given that you would be at the forefront of providing "assistance" or "troubleshooting" when/if you get this service off the ground. Lest we all forget, you are representing your service here - not just Gerald himself.

You can feel free to continue following this manner of conduct, those that disagree with your methods do not control your actions whatsoever unless you allow them, but it's pretty apparent that it's not the most successful method of networking and market research in the world.

I would never put my money in the hands of someone that will only give me honest answers if I am "nice" to them or give me customer/client support if I they decided I "deserved" or "earned" it. I would recommend the same for anyone else in the industry.

It may seem to you like an "easy" industry to get into, one that demands less "talent" and professionalism, but the one thing you may not have taken into account is that this industry is utterly crawling with scumbags and parasites that simply want to make a buck off of the risks we will actually take. As professionals, since the food on our table depends on it, we are required to take extreme caution and thoroughly screen every person or business we choose to work with - and we get really fucking good at it. So, like I said several times in this thread, it's your job to build value to us; to prove that you are worth trusting and that your product provides value that overtakes the losses we might suffer. When I go through your list of "value" that you are providing and show you that every single one of them is already available from a competitor right now, or is nearly false advertising on your part... it's a reminder that you are not proving what makes you different or better. When you publicly contest those points out of defensiveness rather than realism (bloating numbers and skewing perspective to make percentages look smaller or bigger, arguing that mediocrity should be 'enough' rather than opting for quality, etc.), you merely look stubborn. You have every right to be, you can decide you're going to build fucking sailboats from now on, I really don't give a shit, but in reality, that reflects on every aspect of your business and your mentality as a business owner/developer.

Several of us, myself obviously included, offered our time and insight into any aspect of this query you desired for free. No strings attached. You decided to reply initially with profile messages trying to buy the exact information we are offering you, which is really weird... and then opt for our feedback on this thread when that obviously didn't pan out. You then accepted our feedback, changed your business model, came back and then got grumpy after we found even more problems. You started taking shit personally - interestingly enough, none of us are and we're helping you design the entire goddamn thing. You then returned to your original "pay for information" tactic (which worked so well the first time...) after we contributed game-changing feedback to your project. Your defense now? "I only pay for specific information." So... the feedback we gave you for free has no value? That's a little insulting.

You are still defensive, you are still contesting... well, pretty much just me at this point, which I'm inferring is personal. At some point you're going to have to get over that and start acting like a professional. "You think you know me, you think you're so smart but guess what? You didn't get me right so far! Lolz" That's just childish.

Take a few minutes, reread the responses that we are putting time and energy into crafting just for you so that we don't have to repeat the same point 20 fucking times, try to remember that it's not about you as a person but rather feedback on how to make your product succeed, then type up a response that reflects your product. ...Or continue a pissing contest with someone who is being bluntly honest with you and see how that reflects on your product's promises of quality customer service. The choice is yours.

P.S. - Drop the "if the model does customer support they can retain customers" crap. We know already, we do it all the time. When we talk about customer service, we are talking about actual goddamn problems: scams, customer requests for refunds, bank chargebacks, fraud, etc. This involves hands-on intervention from the transaction service. If we use GiftRocket, Epoch, what-the-fuck-ever... we are provided this assistance. It's not about customer retention, we handle that separately and even in scenarios where customer support is involved we still have the option and capability of assuring customer satisfaction... it's kinda part of our job... but ensuring we don't get scammed by customers or cheated out of a commission by a bank is part of the service you are offering. Or at least what your future competitors will be offering...

@Rose I can understand you and other models do not get a good impression out of this thread, this is not good press. I hope you will accept to have a look at what we've built once it's live, and let the actual craft speak for himself.

@DeezNA There are pretty much only the 2 of us talking in this thread, and it has been like that for a long long time now. We're not addressing anything anymore, but you painting who I am and my probable way of making business according to your interpretations about what I have said. Meanwhile I try to defend since I disagree - which is most probably a terrible strategy given the fact my posts have for consequence more answers, additional views, and none of your esteem coming back. Anyone looking at this thread must have negative feelings about me: your answers are better written and structured, you are someone while I am nobody, and it's goddamn long read.

I have not opted for "damage control" though, and I am still not, because I still believe that you could change your mind about me - or at least consider you have over-interpreted a few things I have said. I hope you will consider what I write in an objective way. I hope @msbiancabaker @Rose @PicNic @SaffronBurke @TeganTate who now consider risky ever engaging in one of my endeavors will take the time to read as well and let me know what they think.

DeezNA said:
I am addressing you the way that I am because, since you started to view me as directly challenging your business model premise and possibly confrontational, you have been pretty much ignoring the things you don't want to hear and addressing chosen bullet-points extracted out of whatever content I give you and dodging the rest. All the while claiming transparency as being of the utmost importance. You have been doing this since the very beginning, this is just blatant fact.

I always have seen you as challenging my business model premise. As a matter of fact, since the first time we talked around a cam-site idea, you were always challenging the business model. This is a good thing, and I have valued your feedbacks as you mentioned several times.

I tried to reply as comprehensively as possible each time. Yet there are elements which I do not know about in this point of time, that's why I said I cannot answer about it until I got to know it. I have addressed what I had opinions about: being transparent means I can only show what I have. You are kinda asking me to make up answers for the sake of transparency, would you have me answer to specifics which I do not know about and cannot know about right now?

DeezNA said:
You only listen to whoever seems to be the most in agreement with you or whoever you see as being a "successful model" in your eyes; if that changes at any point, their feedback and perspective loses all merit. This speaks volumes to not only the way you perceive and choose to interpret feedback but also how you choose to treat others in a business environment, both of which are extremely poor ways to conduct business and are very discouraging given that you would be at the forefront of providing "assistance" or "troubleshooting" when/if you get this service off the ground. Lest we all forget, you are representing your service here - not just Gerald himself.

You can feel free to continue following this manner of conduct, those that disagree with your methods do not control your actions whatsoever unless you allow them, but it's pretty apparent that it's not the most successful method of networking and market research in the world.

I listened to everyone. You've been challenging me since the beginning, and I have changed my ideas according to your feedbacks.. isn't that sort of proof?

Now, for example, when a model comes and make a testimony about not having payment processing on her personal site because it lacked convenience.. yes I give more importance to her answer in a way. Why? Simply because finding proofs of value is always more difficult than finding people saying there is no value. Many things have already been done, and as you noted yourself there are already many services offering more or less what we want to offer. But to that person, in that case, what we want to offer would be different from what is already on the market and offer a real, tangible, distinctive value! So I should go and try to find more persons in a similar case, or at least do my possible to get to know more bout this person, don't you agree?

If I was Henry Fucking Ford, or anywhere near him, I could design a product servicing most of the cam models. But this is not my case, and not within my budget as well, so I try to find a segment, cam models experiencing very specific difficulties and design a solution that is a true fit for them. This is my chance of getting to know cam models better overtime, learn more about their job and increasingly design a better solution - a solution being of help to more cam models. This is why I value "positives" more than "negatives". This is how we are trained to start businesses, from one segment to more global adoption.

DeezNA said:
I would never put my money in the hands of someone that will only give me honest answers if I am "nice" to them or give me customer/client support if I they decided I "deserved" or "earned" it. I would recommend the same for anyone else in the industry.

That really is not my perspective on things. I believe that's part of the things you over-interpreted but let's see if you reconsider.

DeezNA said:
It may seem to you like an "easy" industry to get into, one that demands less "talent" and professionalism, but the one thing you may not have taken into account is that this industry is utterly crawling with scumbags and parasites that simply want to make a buck off of the risks we will actually take.

Please read carefully the only thing I have written in that regard:

Gerald said:
Also I'm not a "net-pimp" wannabe, adult industry just appears to be an easier business in some regards: many talented people refuse to work in it due to morals / not having to tell their friends & family etc. So opportunities are more numerous.

I never said coming to adult industry was less talent demanding, I said many talented people - people who can easily choose who & what they are going to work for - are choosing not to work in adult industry for personal reasons. This leaves more room to "scumbags and parasites" indeed since it results in a less intensive competition, but it also offers a tremendous opportunity: pushing many "scumbags and parasites" out of business while making a great company. In mainstream the latter is more difficult to achieve, because as the competition is more intensive, its harder to make a profit, and hence most of these people are already out of business!

DeezNA said:
As professionals, since the food on our table depends on it, we are required to take extreme caution and thoroughly screen every person or business we choose to work with - and we get really fucking good at it.

I understand, I still hope to regain my original place as "uncategorized yet". If you want to thoroughly screen me, I gave my real identity on the forum. And it will be displayed on the site when its live.

DeezNA said:
So, like I said several times in this thread, it's your job to build value to us; to prove that you are worth trusting and that your product provides value that overtakes the losses we might suffer. When I go through your list of "value" that you are providing and show you that every single one of them is already available from a competitor right now, or is nearly false advertising on your part... it's a reminder that you are not proving what makes you different or better.

It is my job to build value to some of you, so that for those people our product provides value that overtakes the losses we might suffer. It is very related to the point about positive & negative feedbacks.

When you go through my list of "values", you are going through with the eyes of an US based model. Gift rocket is great and available there, many companies offer payment processing as well. So from your perspective my product lacks value and is not proving different or better than what you can currently access.

Now please read again that testimony, and see how the situation is different in her case and how our product could be pertinent in this specific case:

"I don´t have a paymet processer because it was just too much work for me, it´s expensive, I don´t want to deal with chargebacks and living in Colombia, not ony is it EXTREMELY difficult to legalise my money and get a bank to accept my ´obscene´ choice of work, payment processers don´t like dealing with Colombian banks. THe only local one doesn´t like adult work."

Epoch, CCBill, and many other payments processors, do not offer their services to south american cam models. If you want to verify this information, I invite you to go to:

- https://www.ccbill.com/online-merchants/merchant-signup.php
- https://epoch.com/business_services/signup?locale=en

I have said it several times, but you did not look like believing me on those points. Please do not assume I am being dishonest, trying to to scam models etc. because I am simply to offer something which is not pertaining to your case. I believe our solution could be nice for US models as well, as it would offer at least as good rates as Customs4U and help them accept credit card payments on their site too without paying $500 or $1000 of upfront costs!

DeezNA said:
When you publicly contest those points out of defensiveness rather than realism (bloating numbers and skewing perspective to make percentages look smaller or bigger, arguing that mediocrity should be 'enough' rather than opting for quality, etc.), you merely look stubborn. You have every right to be, you can decide you're going to build fucking sailboats from now on, I really don't give a shit, but in reality, that reflects on every aspect of your business and your mentality as a business owner/developer.

My numbers are not bloated, please feel free to double check. What do you make this assumption from? I have not seen any question from you regarding my numbers, which you now claim are bloated. I would gladly answer if you have any?

Saying that 100 over which you add 25% processing fees result in 80% revshare - not 75% - because 125 * 0,8 = 100 is not skewing perspective. That's the rule of three.

DeezNA said:
Several of us, myself obviously included, offered our time and insight into any aspect of this query you desired for free. No strings attached. You decided to reply initially with profile messages trying to buy the exact information we are offering you, which is really weird... and then opt for our feedback on this thread when that obviously didn't pan out.

Reply with profile messages? what does that mean? I tried to buy samples of custom video requests, anonymous texts sent by customers. I was never offered this information which I tried to buy, either for free or money.

DeezNA said:
You then accepted our feedback, changed your business model, came back and then got grumpy after we found even more problems. You started taking shit personally - interestingly enough, none of us are and we're helping you design the entire goddamn thing. You then returned to your original "pay for information" tactic (which worked so well the first time...)after we contributed game-changing feedback to your project. Your defense now? "I only pay for specific information." So... the feedback we gave you for free has no value? That's a little insulting.

I changed business model, got mostly feedbacks from you and msbiancabaker who convinced me that we had to protect from chargebacks. Bianca did not see why she should use our solution instead of customs4u because "we would both offer 100%" and I failed to make her understand that our fees added to her customer would be lower - which is good for her - and would work perfectly on mobile - which is not the case of C4U.

I have not become grumpy, I have let you know - with a bad tone - that you were mistaking yourself when arguing that convenience had no value. I apologized for the bad tone, and I am sorry about it.

I am still willing to pay for information for models who would have value using our services, because I would like to know how many payments they process a month and other things related to their income which is not things I have ever seen models sharing precisely for free.

I do not see anything wrong with that, and it most definitely does not mean that your feedback has no value: this is you taking shit personally. Potentially. But actually I think it just goes with over-interpreting what I meant.

So well, I hope this gives some perspective and possibly put me out of the "scumbags and parasites category". Before talking product again, if you and other people of the ACF community would still like providing me with feedbacks, let's wait for a site up and running.

Have a nice day,
Gérald

Honestly I just skipped your last convoluted post cause aint no one got time for that. You said "I have not opted for "damage control" though, and I am still not" and then went on to point by sentence damn point argue. Man. Come on. So please when you do build this site or processor or baby teething toy or whatever it is by tomorrow just so you can make some cash off of others work do let me know so I can never use it.

You are unprofessional. You have no solid plan with a back bone. The newest plan you did have has now morphed into something else which just tells me you will do anything it takes to piggy back off of our bodies of work. You want someone to hand you an amazing idea we dont have already but that aint gonna happen bucko. Crowdfunding camsite, custom vids, payment processor to use, etc. I'm done. It's my vagina and my work with it and I refuse to give you a penny it makes. You do not deserve it in any way. Go do you own work and get your own paycheck. Good day!

Man, I think @DeezNA is a pretty cool guy and his advice is generally worth heeding. The fact that you don't see that and are arguing with him is what has made me not remotely interested in your products. Deez has been in the industry long enough to have worthwhile advice. Just sayin...

First off, @Teagan pretty much said every last thing I had been trying to convey through gentler wording. It's very apparent we are beyond politeness and thank you, Teagan, for finally saying what we're all thinking.

I could bicker back with a point-by-point rundown of how insulting and hypocritical that last message was, but it's really not worth repeating myself... again... Trust me, my Insert Quote thing is packed to the gills, but I have so many more productive things I could be doing right now. Like staring at my wall. Or listening to the moss grow on my porch.

I think the most important part of my last message, that was very conveniently ignored (as mentioned in that message and also argued against in your last response, @Gerald75 ), was the part regarding professionalism and representation. You are representing your product here, not Gerald as a person. Hopefully that gets the point home, I can italicize it too next time so it's even clearer. No one gives a shit if you have the balls to put your full name out here, no sexual predator or identity thief knows who the fuck you are... or cares, really. Honestly, it's just stupid more than anything else, and recklessness is not really a good selling point for a "secure transaction service". For all we know (or care...), it may not even be your real name. It really doesn't matter, yet you paint it as a selling point. You could be a goddamn saint on paper and still be a con artist. You could easily still make a shitty product and scam models, we don't fucking know nor do we really care since we're not going to take that risk if you obviously only give a fuck what people say when they agree with you.

We've been taking time to help you do your job; understandably so, it's not an easy industry to understand until you're neck-deep in it. Or until you listen to people who have been working here for years... That feedback, which I think the majority of us can agree is accurate (and if you took a few weeks to start camming yourself would realize is the brutal reality of the industry), was and continues to be met with defensiveness and hostility. Simply because I don't agree with points you are making that are just fundamentally wrong or misleading... yet when I agree with you, we're besties again! Yay!

I'm not going to help you mislead or manipulate models. If you want to create a quality service, I have and will continue to give you honest feedback on what the majority of us would actually like to use. If you choose to ignore it or argue, that's on you and it's a direct reflection of what your future business practices would be like if you choose to not grow the hell up and start acting like a professional.

You wouldn't be here looking for help if you knew everything about the industry, so don't come in here and puff out your chest like you know our line of work better than we do. That's just aggressive, insulting to every model here and honestly just flat-out unprofessional. I think that has been directly reflected in all responses you have received from well-established models here. I don't care if you're offering free health insurance with your product, if you present yourself in that manner... you have lost me as a potential client. 100%

At this point, building credibility back is all you can do. Or just try to find new people that don't know this conversation took place and hope for the best, but it seems you have already been doing that. Instead, it's just a steaming pile of defensiveness - it's not really attractive, it's rude and it's really not productive for anyone. If you want to keep defending your right to discriminate, bribe or just tell us that our professional feedback is wrong, feel free. Dig yourself a deeper hole, no one really cares.

You want our input? Listen to it. Don't understand it? Ask questions. Otherwise, I don't know why you are here. Go start camming yourself for a few years and let me know how it goes. (Since it was my idea that you start camming, you owe me 7-12% of your total earnings [depending on my mood], so PM me when you start that up and I can give you my billing address.)

Reactions: Teagan
Alright, thanks everyone for your input even though it's not such a pleasant thread to read and post to.

I will come back to you when our product is ready and have pretty cool stuff for performers to easily deploy on their personal sites, such as accepting payments for contents directly without redirecting visitors to other sites or nice and beautiful ways to request custom videos. This is the kind of services I meant to discuss and got plentiful of advices until I had this derailed. We'll be using those to build a nice product and I'll totally let it do the talking when the time comes. It'll look more professional than I !

Have a nice day,

• Wat?!
  • Funny!
Reactions: DeezNA and Picnic
Please do-- that way those of us who can easily see how shady you are can avoid whatever product and projects you are involved in. Please... give me another negative post rating for pointing out your glaring lack of business acumen and your steaming pile of BS. I'm just 9 away from finally being able to get my poop badge.

Reactions: Picnic
Status
Not open for further replies.