AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

🍒fresh project bringing new wind to the webcam industry

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2021
Hi beautiful people⭐,

I'm a talent manager/biz. developer part of the Cherry.TV team🍒.
It is a fresh project bringing new wind to the webcam industry.
A whole new user experience with lots of new possibilities and new opportunities for cam girls.

I'd like to ask what is the best way to spread the word about us here at the awesome AmberCutie community.

I don't want to spam around.
I'm really stocked I can be the first one here to tell you more about us and get you on board :)

Love,
Zuzana

I'm assuming this information is on your site somewhere, but since you came here to promote please share your pitch.
  • Payout currency / payment structure for models / available payment methods
  • how your site works (tokens? Pay-per-minute? video store?)
  • how are you generating traffic/affiliate marketing
  • what sets your site apart from others (IE why should models and customers want to bring their business there VS the established sites)
  • who is behind this project and what experience do they have this industry?
Be courteous and understand that people are going to have questions. a lot of people come here to pitch their ideas with no prior experience, expecting to be spoon fed what to do and then become hostile when they get obvious criticism.

The best way I remember (as an ex industry rep) to communicate with models is by being straightforward and avoiding unnecessary teasers. Models are busy and very private people, and they might like to see a functional URL attached:)

Well we've still come a long way from the old, 'Hello fellow models, I just stumbled onto this brand new website which is amazing. I'm making 10x the money I used to and you should try too. Just click <insert affiliate link here> and try it out yourself' type threads that used to appear here.

Well we've still come a long way from the old, 'Hello fellow models, I just stumbled onto this brand new website which is amazing. I'm making 10x the money I used to and you should try too. Just click <insert affiliate link here> and try it out yourself' type threads that used to appear here.
I’m sure that the website is well developed, and that it’s crawl tested on Screaming Frog tested, however that’s not the point. Just like the cam industry is blurry about the acquisition journey of paying users, they’re no less blind to the decision making process of a model. I went a long way too, and there’s a lot I’m learning in B2B at the moment. One principle is: Make your website discovered, don’t push it and forget it:) Give value, be patient and listen.

Reactions: melanieoncam
Thank you for the points, everyone,

I went the soft way without URL's, banners & too much info for the start. :)

@thinkinboutit I'll follow with more specific information.

@Dan Epstein I have been around in B2B for the past 6 years and I'm sure we've met. Your face is familiar.
Are you going to be in TES Marbella?

Thank you for the points, everyone,

I went the soft way without URL's, banners & too much info for the start. :)

@thinkinboutit I'll follow with more specific information.

@Dan Epstein I have been around in B2B for the past 6 years and I'm sure we've met. Your face is familiar.
Are you going to be in TES Marbella?
Got those invites too, so many affiliate conferences are coming back. The B2B I do now is kinda different than the tightly knit community of familiar faces we know from the tradeshows , and so are the data tools driving it:)
I think I even know some of the good Cherry TV people, it’s just that the model acquisition we see in this forum is usually PR or traffic driven.
We rarely see a rep giving value, and many times we see a logo with a raffle photoshop image of a blonde waving fake dollars saying “Dear models and studios, we’re here to copy and paste again”…

I checked out the site and it is a bit ambiguous as far as who owns it and any real background information. Knowing it is headquartered in Delaware does not help, as many corporations in the USA do this for tax purposes. If you want models to sign up, you need to be forthcoming with who you are. Your FAQ page is pointless. You say you have the highest payout yet your video actually says it is tiered and you only earn the highest payout the more you work? If so, what is the starting payout? FYI - 65% is not the highest payout in the industry, Manyvids gives 80% of tokens and with Streamate's referral program, their payout is higher than your "up to" 15% referral fee.

On the only positives, the site layout is modern and easy to navigate. Chaturbate and MFC are so dated, I hate using them as a model and user. The introductory video is well made and engaging yet answers 0 questions.

I would have immediately signed up if you were forthcoming with your background, ownership and the actual pay scale. Without having a starting date for streaming, I doubt any experienced models will sign up for a beta site owned by a mystery person.

Curiosity got the best of me and I did some sleuthing on CSME, Inc. They have a branch of the corporation in Ohio where they registered with Secretary of State as a foreign business. Further reading and I find they were granted a US trademark for "Cherry.tv" last year. The only person's name associated with this business appears to be the lawyer handling this company's US filings, but again, no idea who owns the site. No way in hell I am trusting my ID and home address to a mystery company.

I like the potential this site has but as of now, staying away until you are more forthcoming with actual important details.

Curiosity got the best of me and I did some sleuthing on CSME, Inc. They have a branch of the corporation in Ohio where they registered with Secretary of State as a foreign business. Further reading and I find they were granted a US trademark for "Cherry.tv" last year. The only person's name associated with this business appears to be the lawyer handling this company's US filings, but again, no idea who owns the site. No way in hell I am trusting my ID and home address to a mystery company.

I like the potential this site has but as of now, staying away until you are more forthcoming with actual important details.
If they indeed have boots on the ground in the US, and not just a Delaware paper, these are good news. It means a swifter way to use a USA compatible payment processor, and more ways to send payouts to US models. Let’s wait and see though.

Reactions: melanieoncam
If they indeed have boots on the ground in the US, and not just a Delaware paper, these are good news. It means a swifter way to use a USA compatible payment processor, and more ways to send payouts to US models. Let’s wait and see though.
When I saw they had received the US Trademark, that also means to me they are serious which is why I am confused they are not sharing who the experienced cam models and industry folk are. Yes, you are right, we shall wait and see. I did find they plan on having ACH to US bank accounts, perhaps the payment processor is already set up.
dont think they are hiding it, think they are based out of israel.
Interesting, I did not find any information on this. I am ok working for any company (US or non-US based) but only when reputable, verified by other models I trust, or forthcoming with information.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Trixxi_Love
When I saw they had received the US Trademark, that also means to me they are serious which is why I am confused they are not sharing who the experienced cam models and industry folk are. Yes, you are right, we shall wait and see. I did find they plan on having ACH to US bank accounts, perhaps the payment processor is already set up.

Interesting, I did not find any information on this. I am ok working for any company (US or non-US based) but only when reputable, verified by other models I trust, or forthcoming with information.
I verified my sources, these guys have been working on this for over a year, and they established the company with serious funding and infrastructure. It’s not their 1st rodeo in the high risk verticals:)

Hey GoddessV!

Red here, founder @ CTV. You made some great points and I will try to address them here. We aim to be fully transparent behind everything we do.

--- Begin Wall of Text ---

Re: Our location
As you are already aware, we are a Delaware corporation. We do, in fact, have boots on the ground in the US. As you've also seen, we began writing the first line of code for the site in December 2019/January 2020, a couple of months before Covid hit (the company was registered in late 2019). Trying to put together a team all in one central location with lockdowns and restrictions everywhere was.. tough to say the least. Luckily, because we are building an online product, people could work from home. With that in mind, we also realized that if people would mostly be working from home anyway, there was no reason to restrict ourselves to finding talent in only one location. Currently, the CTV team has staff working in about a dozen countries, including the US, Israel, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Malta, Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Netherlands, etc. While I'm not gonna lie, this was a pain in the ass for the first few months, I honestly feel it has ended up working out for the better, as when you are not geo-locked to finding talent in only one place, you realize that there's a lot more talent out there than you think!

Re: Our background
When it comes to our background, we have no affiliation with any other adult product or platform. Our team is made up of a composition of adult vets and (video) game industry vets (myself included). We started working on this project because we felt there was a lot of stagnation in the industry (especially when it came to cam platforms). As you mentioned with Chaturbate, MFC, etc., we honestly feel that a lot of the models on these sites are top-fucking-notch, but the platforms themselves leave a lot to be desired when it comes to modern technology and (especially) design. We aren't trying to go out and build a cookie-cutter copy of any of these sites, nor are we using any kind of off-the-shelf cam site software. We built the product from the ground up based on our vision for how to make the best platform we can to enable models to earn the most they can.

I believe one of our key differentiators is the fact that many people on our team are not from the adult industry. When hiring, especially for product design, art, and engineering positions, to be honest we actually don't want people from adult. After working in an industry (any industry) for many years, a lot of things get ingrained in your head.. "this is how we should do it because this is how it has always been done." We want to bring some fresh eyes to the industry and try out some new cool stuff.

Also, game designers are really, really good at monetization, especially in the era of free-to-play mobile games. Considering the company only earns money when models earn money, it's in our best interest to do everything we can to maximize model revenue. This is something we believe models will start to see over the next 6-12 months.

That being said, our entire marketing, affiliation, legal, compliance, and model/talent team all come from the adult industry and have decades of combined experience under their belts. Our model/affiliate partners should feel confident when talking with them. As the site gets closer to going live, expect more of them to start crawling out of the shadows ;)

Re: Ownership
Hope for a little bit of privacy here :) Our founders have built several successful companies in the past that have both been sold and gone public. We're not here to mess around.

Re: Trust
As mentioned, we expect to (finally!!!) launch the CTV beta next month. Cam sites are platform businesses and therefore typical chicken-and-egg scenarios (models won't join without seeing users, users won't join without seeing models). You absolutely should be apprehensive about a new cam platform (I know I would be), and it probably makes sense to check out how the site works in a live scenario before thinking about joining.

In addition, as with all product betas, there will be bugs. A stream may lag, a button may not work, some functionality might be missing, etc. Our primary goal for July is to get all of the kinks worked out... or at least the major ones. That being said, we're super excited to have some (hopefully patient) models willing to take the leap and work with us during this time. Let us know what you like, and more importantly, tell us what is shit. We'll be implementing feedback from our partners as quickly as we can.

To answer the more important question, when it comes to the funding of the company and therefore our ability to acquire users at scale, we think we're in pretty good shape here :)

Re: Payouts
We will have ACH payouts to US models. As for the FAQ page and information regarding model payouts, I'm also personally not a fan of superlative language and already have a ticket to make some changes to relevant pages.

--- End Wall of Text ---

Again really appreciate all of the feedback!

Exciting stuff! Would be great if we could sell clips/ MP4s there too, as well as streaming :) Someone's probably working on that already, but just in case...

Reactions: GoddessV
How exactly does leveling up work, as in, what is the monetary amount needed to get to each level?

To tie into that, how does the referral program work? If I sign up (current level is 1), refer my members, do I get 10% from those members indefinitely or do I get 15% from all referred members if/when I hit level 41? Hope that makes sense.

Also, please get verified as an industry rep with Amber

How exactly does leveling up work, as in, what is the monetary amount needed to get to each level?

To tie into that, how does the referral program work? If I sign up (current level is 1), refer my members, do I get 10% from those members indefinitely or do I get 15% from all referred members if/when I hit level 41? Hope that makes sense.

Also, please get verified as an industry rep with Amber
CTV has three leveling systems:
1) Voyeur Level (for users): experience earned by sending gifts based on the token cost of the gift (i.e. a 1 token gift is 10EXP, a 10 token gift is 100XP), as well as tokens spent in private shows, group shows, spy shows, etc.
2) Model Level (for models): experience earned by receiving gifts, and private/group/spy show pay-per-minute tokens - experience is also earned for every 15 minutes streamed
3) Loyalty Level (for voyeurs in a model's room): a voyeur's loyaty level is different in every model's room and is based on the amount he has tipped in that room (including private/group/spy minutes)

A voyeur's voyeur level and loyalty level will be displayed next to his name in chat as well as in the room viewer's list. The voyeur level allows models to easily gauge who the "big shots" are, while the loyalty level allows models to know who are their "big shots."

We are still making some final changes to the experience chart so I don't have exact numbers on that yet.

For the referral bonus, once you hit the level breakpoints, your referral payout is upgraded for all users you referred regardless of when they joined.

We are still making some final changes to the experience chart so I don't have exact numbers on that yet.

Fair enough.

Since you're "gamifying" things, are you using a sort of pr/elo system with a decay rate? For example, say someone reaches level 60, they decide to take a break, when they return, will their level still be 60 or will it have decayed to a set minimum (say 21)? If so, how does that affect their payout/refferal bonuses and their site placement? Alternatively, when someone reaches a certain level, are they always that level regardless of if they were offline for a day or for years?

Also, what is and what isn't allowed? Can someone play games on the site, such as eplay (a twitch/chaturbate hybrid)?

Since you're "gamifying" things, are you using a sort of pr/elo system with a decay rate?
Alright! I'm clearly talking to a gamer here ;D We do not currently have any type of pr/elo system, although we are planning a 'league/season' system for later this year. We don't have all of the details worked out yet, but we expect leagues to be short periods of time (8-10 weeks or so) that we run events and competitions for models and users.

There is no decay/regression with any of our level systems. You will not lose experience for taking a break, and your level will still be the same when you return. Payout/referral bonuses cannot go back down to a previous level.

Gaming on the site we're looking into more with our legal team after the most recent wave of DMCA shit affecting a lot of platforms.

Got those invites too, so many affiliate conferences are coming back. The B2B I do now is kinda different than the tightly knit community of familiar faces we know from the tradeshows , and so are the data tools driving it:)
I think I even know some of the good Cherry TV people, it’s just that the model acquisition we see in this forum is usually PR or traffic driven.
We rarely see a rep giving value, and many times we see a logo with a raffle photoshop image of a blonde waving fake dollars saying “Dear models and studios, we’re here to copy and paste again”…

So true @Dan Epstein the tight B2B adult community full of familiar faces, heh, I quite miss everyone. The last show I been before virtual ones took over was probably TES in Cascais 2020.

The profile photo here is my real one, same as yours, just more B2C :)
I didn't want to appear out of anywhere with a Logo instead of a picture. I want everyone to see I'm a real person with a real bio so they can come up to me with any question about our Cherry.tv platform and else.

So true @Dan Epstein the tight B2B adult community full of familiar faces, heh, I quite miss everyone. The last show I been before virtual ones took over was probably TES in Cascais 2020.
If data insights will finally be shared with models, and real time marketing will be automated, you’ll indeed make a breakthrough. I’m sick and tired of new webcam sites trying to reverse engineer what’s already out dated:)

Hi everyone :)

I'd like to invite all models to participate in our Model Competition.

🔥 Cherry.tv's launch is kicking off in about 30 hours from now and the spot for the face on our Launch Landing Page is still open.:)
The winner will be announced on 1st of July and will also receive a free professional photoshoot in her location (I'll help to choose the photographer).:snaphappy:

I'll need a couple of your best (high res.) photos sent to my email zuzana@cherry.tv or via "Email Us Now" iluvestreaming.com
As the winner will be promoted by us, she has to be a registered model with Cherry. You can do it via cherry.tv/become-a-model

We have 2 step registration process:
1. You'll register on the site and confirm the verification email.
2. You'll go back to the site and register yourself with the same credentials as a model. You'll know you are on the right path when you'll see the ID submit process in place.

Let me know if you need any help with the registration or have more questions.

🍒Zuzana

Just wanted to throw out a quick suggestion regarding model competitions/contests. Many people do not like them, especially if they are done all the time. The most recent example of this is the backlash against ManyVids that is happening right now. @redcherry mentioned "league" type of "events" for models and now there's an initial contest before the site even goes online. I don't want to ever feel like I'm competing against other people. I only want to compete against myself. If I feel like I'm in constant competition against a fellow model, I will be less excited to use your site. I want to empower and feel empowered by my peers, not feel better or worse than them. Having rankings is fine, but having constant contests is not, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.