AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The webcam modeling world is dying :'(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2021
Heyyy it's been a lil while since I have posted. So to give a summary, I was an exotic dancer in 2009. Then I became a webcam model in 2010. So I have been doing this for 13 years now. Every single day literally almost. Time flies. I was doing good until after inflation broke out the worse starting last year. I literally logged on every day because I could make a living easy out of it by only working 2 to 3 hours a day. But now all that has changed. With the rise in popularity of only fans, and the recent influx of new models due to inflation, we all have to share our earnings more, our customers want to explore the new influx of girls, or they have had to adjust their expenses to this new inflation era. It has been a shocking change because I really thought that it would always stay profitable. Naturally I decided last year to start new endeavors, so hopefully it goes me well with it. It has been hard for me to accept the change. I was so used to my regular income. But if all works out well my plan is to only log in from days 7 to the 21st of every month or so only. Those were always my decent days and days that still have a little life left at least in my rooms. I know soon after that those days will really start dying as well. So I'm doing everything I can to prepare to leave the industry for good slowly. I think for the sake of my mental health cutting off to only 2 weeks a month will make me feel more refreshed. Does anyone else have made plans to with this transitioning? This doesn't apply to new cammers though that have been here for around 2 years, they're still fresh, discoverable easily, and new.

Oh bless your heart, this has been my best year in 10 years. The cam world is not dying.
I haven't been around for long (4 years in) but I haven't ever made as much as I'm making this year.

I started in 2010 and I feel a lot of what you’re talking about. I think this is a more nuanced thing than the responses you’re getting here so far.

But I don’t think it’s dying it’s just evolving. It doesn’t look the same as it did in 2010. And if we keep doing the same things .. it won’t work.

The Onlyfans boom really did change the industry. I think it’s naive to pretend otherwise. I also think payment restrictions changed a lot.

I’m so glad you are able to put together a plan to move away from camming. For me I burned out about 2 years ago and switched to clips. A lot of my peers moved to Onlyfans and many are making more than they ever did on cam there.

I keep wanting to develop a vanilla side hustle, or possibly sex work adjacent (editing videos, or assistant work) but the time to put into it really isn’t there for me. I need to carve more out. I want to make sure for my mental health I have options that involve not being in front of the camera. I’ve also been producing/involved in BTS for larger projects

Change is hard. I hope your new endeavors bring you success!

Started camming in 2013 and I think industry changed a lot, I definitely see where you coming from.
I think there’s several problems:

1) Economy and definitely people cutting off unnecessary expenses.

2) Customers way more demanding in sense of action and in quality of equipment.

3) Customers way more impatient and very little attention span now. Everything has to be instant - instantly available, instant customs etc

4) Onlyfans is no longer as easy as it was in covid times (customers sick of spam and scam) so girls who made money then - panicking and a lot trying to cam because they don’t want to go back to vanilla work.

5) All the constant bots recording and posting cam shows, subscriptions sites leaks, distributed in Telegrams groups etc.

6) More and more women don’t want to go to vanilla work and to get married, they want to have free schedule (no way there is someone to tell me I only got 21-30 days to myself in YEAR) and lots of moneys so SW is getting less and less stigmatized (now everyone and their mom have Onlyfans).

7) Back in a day the main key to success for cam girl was Willingness to do it, now because of my point #6 - girls that exceptionally beautiful, talented, with various unique body features and skills joining industry because they don’t want to waste young years slaving in retail or bending over to one man.

As for myself, I would say I now make them most I ever made, but… no wonder. I’m looking my hottest ever, I got boob job, I live in big house with two rooms dedicated only to myself, always sunny and lots of natural light, I know English way better than I did years ago and I have lots of experience and various ways of organization and making things efficient, I have good equipment, I’m not burdened with anything - I have cleaning coming, I don’t cook if I don’t want to, I’m not burdened by regular bills (I married nicely) etc.

It’s definitely more work now than it was back in a day and during covid tho, I try to work smarter than harder. I definitely do less than I could, and I’m very burnt out of 1-1 Skype shows - I can’t do it anymore for any amount.

My plan is to do OF/Fansly and streaming on weekends for maximum 2 more years, and in year I want to start trying to have kids. This is my plan to have two children in my early 30s and spend few years at home with them. Then in the future I’d like to have my own beauty salon.
I also have hospitality and real estate experiences and Economy degree but I wouldn’t want to go to work out of home, only in some worst case scenario.
But since covid and war in my country and all what happening in the world it’s very difficult to plan long term.

Started camming in 2013 and I think industry changed a lot, I definitely see where you coming from.
I think there’s several problems:

1) Economy and definitely people cutting off unnecessary expenses.

2) Customers way more demanding in sense of action and in quality of equipment.

3) Customers way more impatient and very little attention span now. Everything has to be instant - instantly available, instant customs etc

4) Onlyfans is no longer as easy as it was in covid times (customers sick of spam and scam) so girls who made money then - panicking and a lot trying to cam because they don’t want to go back to vanilla work.

5) All the constant bots recording and posting cam shows, subscriptions sites leaks, distributed in Telegrams groups etc.

6) More and more women don’t want to go to vanilla work and to get married, they want to have free schedule (no way there is someone to tell me I only got 21-30 days to myself in YEAR) and lots of moneys so SW is getting less and less stigmatized (now everyone and their mom have Onlyfans).

7) Back in a day the main key to success for cam girl was Willingness to do it, now because of my point #6 - girls that exceptionally beautiful, talented, with various unique body features and skills joining industry because they don’t want to waste young years slaving in retail or bending over to one man.

As for myself, I would say I now make them most I ever made, but… no wonder. I’m looking my hottest ever, I got boob job, I live in big house with two rooms dedicated only to myself, always sunny and lots of natural light, I know English way better than I did years ago and I have lots of experience and various ways of organization and making things efficient, I have good equipment, I’m not burdened with anything - I have cleaning coming, I don’t cook if I don’t want to, I’m not burdened by regular bills (I married nicely) etc.

It’s definitely more work now than it was back in a day and during covid tho, I try to work smarter than harder. I definitely do less than I could, and I’m very burnt out of 1-1 Skype shows - I can’t do it anymore for any amount.

My plan is to do OF/Fansly and streaming on weekends for maximum 2 more years, and in year I want to start trying to have kids. This is my plan to have two children in my early 30s and spend few years at home with them. Then in the future I’d like to have my own beauty salon.
I also have hospitality and real estate experiences and Economy degree but I wouldn’t want to go to work out of home, only in some worst case scenario.
But since covid and war in my country and all what happening in the world it’s very difficult to plan long term.
I always find your posts interesting and thoughtful

I’ve made more every year I’ve done this, the last 9, except the 9 months I was pregnant and had a lot of health issues. It’s always been a business that has kept me on my feet, and where I’ve stayed as adaptable as possible . I like that though. That’s more my natural personality. I had a hard time in other jobs where people tended to relax, and things stayed the same for years on end. That was more mind numbing for me.

I guess what I’m saying is I enjoy the rush that comes from never knowing what’s next, and how things will change. I started part time 2014, then full time 2015.

Things are definitely constantly changing and there is very little security, except for in that change. So for people who find that traumatic, I definitely wouldn’t recommend this industry long term. Or your emotions will be up and down constantly and you’ll always be in financial fight, freeze or flight.

I’ve seen (privately) many models who seem like they are deeply traumatized (not due to the sexual nature of the work), but more the random financial ups and downs, that can occur week to week. That’s definitely not for everyone long term. I’ve seen and read some real troubling psychological distress focused on that, that’s gone on for long periods of time. And that’s really tough. Everyone deserves to be happy.

I firmly believe that anyone who is constantly suffering and upset in their job, should definitely try other fields. Because we all deserve peace and happiness. And personally that’s what happened to me (working in healthcare, and social services for 10 years before this) so I know the feeling very well 💚

ETA: I really enjoy your posts too @EasternPromis , they are always exciting, interesting, and super helpful!

Last edited:
I’ve seen (privately) many models who seem like they are deeply traumatized (not due to the sexual nature of the work), but more the random financial ups and downs, that can occur week to week. That’s definitely not for everyone long term. I’ve seen and read some real troubling psychological distress focused on that, that’s gone on for long periods of time. And that’s really tough. Everyone deserves to be happy.
I started camming very young - 18-19 and it was my first and only job until my mid 20s.

I then worked in luxury 5* hotel for about 1,5 years when moved abroad and this was most DREADFUL time of my life. Fixed salary (with some tips and service charge) and fixed hours and fixed uniform and having to obey to sometimes pretty stupid and not qualified management. This traumatized me. I have had anxiety attacks driving by that place. And on top of that I was harassed by some male employees and guests and someone stole my iPhone at work! Give me up and down income any day but to work at home!

I then joined real estate company as real estate agent and actually it was fun because landlords and clients (men) liked me and it was easy for me to get their attention, hook them up while on the phone etc. Although I still got harassed here and there. One client confessed to me that he rented out apartment so he could ask me out! Lol
Nice outfits, not coming to office earlier than 11 am, lots of attention and nice properties were fun. I also was able to film videos and take photos of property very nice 🤭 I didn’t enjoy lots of driving back and forth tho.
I only did this for few month and then had to move to another city because I got engaged and was about to get married so I didn’t have to have legal vanilla job anymore to maintain visa.

So if I’m to quit camming and not for reason of being pregnant I might consider real estate again. But I’d definitely utilize my social media skills. Although some my reels were so viral I bet if I’d erase all my current social media, and start real estate with new social media someone will recognize me 🤭😅
I find that a lot of cam girls from studio where I started now is self employed in various ways, years of free schedule make girls no longer employable ))

I then worked in luxury 5* hotel for about 1,5 years when moved abroad and this was most DREADFUL time of my life. Fixed salary (with some tips and service charge) and fixed hours and fixed uniform and having to obey to sometimes pretty stupid and not qualified management. This traumatized me. I have had anxiety attacks driving by that place. And on top of that I was harassed by some male employees and guests and someone stole my iPhone at work! Give me up and down income any day but to work at home!
I worked at several luxury 5 star hotels and had the same experience. Sexual harassments was rampant and really bad! Supervisors sending me dick picks, and coworkers in relationships, telling me to use walkie talky channels to talk to them only. It was insane. Lots of fucking Losers (sorry to those of you who work in hospitality and are good people, just my experience in a big city).
I then joined real estate company as real estate agent and actually it was fun because landlords and clients (men) liked me and it was easy for me to get their attention, hook them up while on the phone etc. Although I still got harassed here and there. One client confessed to me that he rented out apartment so he could ask me out! Lol
Nice outfits, not coming to office earlier than 11 am, lots of attention and nice properties were fun. I also was able to film videos and take photos of property very nice 🤭 I didn’t enjoy lots of driving back and forth tho.
I only did this for few month and then had to move to another city because I got engaged and was about to get married so I didn’t have to have legal vanilla job anymore to maintain visa.
I've never done real estate but my family members do it, so I know its another career where you have a lot of control of your schedule and hours.
years of free schedule make girls no longer employable ))

Exactly. I could never do that again. I'm a total obsessed worker, so in regular salary jobs I get screwed over. Because the amount of hours and passion I put in, make me earn less, not more. So basic Pavlovian psychology means I'm not motivated to work smarter or harder. I find the opposite with this. Which suits me to a T. The last few years I have had to put more hours in. So I know what you mean about competition. When I first started it was definitely more; you just needed to be "willing" to do it. Now the competition is insane, but I've been finding it super thrilling. Like the clips game has gone next level, especially in the Domme world. People are putting out such amazing content, it's blowing me away! I love it though. All that creativity and finesse is so inspiring, and motivating, for me to keep pushing myself too. Plus I just really love creating.

Anyways my female family members love real estate, the only part they don't like is doing "open houses" alone. So they always bring someone/ some people. But they do really well in that field, and are very happy. I've heard housing inspectors have a lot of freedom, and can earn well too. They have to take a lot of pictures, and do a little less people work though.

Sexual harassments is rampant everywhere, despite "me too". It's sad. I was badly harassed in literally every job I had. I thought at first it was just food service and hotels. But it happened just as bad in healthcare. Some people are nasty. I'm sorry to hear you've experienced the same thing. It should not be like that! When it happened bad in food service people told me ; "oh that's just because it's a low barrier to entry field, and lots of these people have no education. It won't happen in other fields". Yeah; Bull shit. Just as bad!

Last edited:
I worked at several luxury 5 star hotels and had the same experience. Sexual harassments was rampant and really bad! Supervisors sending me dick picks, and coworkers in relationships, telling me to use walkie talky channels to talk to them only. It was insane. Lots of fucking Losers (sorry to those of you who work in hospitality and are good people, just my experience in a big city).

I've never done real estate but my family members do it, so I know its another career where you have a lot of control of your schedule and hours.

Exactly. I could never do that again. I'm a total obsessed worker, so in regular salary jobs I get screwed over. Because the amount of hours and passion I put in, make me earn less, not more. So basic Pavlovian psychology means I'm not motivated to work smarter or harder. I find the opposite with this. Which suits me to a T. The last few years I have had to put more hours in. So I know what you mean about competition. When I first started it was definitely more; you just needed to be "willing" to do it. Now the competition is insane, but I've been finding it super thrilling. Like the clips game has gone next level, especially in the Domme world. People are putting out such amazing content, it's blowing me away! I love it though. All that creativity and finesse is so inspiring, and motivating, for me to keep pushing myself too. Plus I just really love creating.

Anyways my female family members love real estate, the only part they don't like is doing "open houses" alone. So they always bring someone/ some people. But they do really well in that field, and are very happy. I've heard housing inspectors have a lot of freedom, and can earn well too. They have to take a lot of pictures, and do a little less people work though.

Sexual harassments is rampant everywhere, despite "me too". It's sad. I was badly harassed in literally every job I had. I thought at first it was just food service and hotels. But it happened just as bad in healthcare. Some people are nasty. I'm sorry to hear you've experienced the same thing. It should not be like that! When it happened bad in food service people told me ; "oh that's just because it's a low barrier to entry field, and lots of these people have no education. It won't happen in other fields". Yeah; Bull shit. Just as bad!
Oh harassment is still all over, regardless of education and financial status.
But I’ve never been abused this much in my entire life as I was working in that hotel. Overtime, harassment, doing tasks not in my job description etc. Shortly after I left one manager stole money from safe and cash float and fleet the country 😂That place is pure chaos and it’s a very famous brand.

Big advantage of camming/OF for me - I sit at home all safe and I just ban if someone is unpleasant. I’m very frustrated with all the impersonators and thieves tho it’s my pet peeve.

I agree that with fixed salary I felt unmotivated, especially with pressure from higher management to be nice and hard working I thought to myself “but why” 🤭
I like camming that I set my own goals and I know what needs to be done. Im also very self motivated and proactive. And if I’m done with my tasks very efficiently I’m free to do fun things, not just stand around trying to pass the time until I can go home.

I think camming needs this personality traits of being self motivated, organized, creativity, independence and girls who have this traits stick with it for years.

For the competition I do think it’s all time high for the reasons I mentioned but also customers very demanding and unrealistic. Back in day most of camming sites users were older men. But now I notice more younger crowd - early 20s and I think because young people nowadays don’t get out as much they don’t get to know girls and don’t have a lot of real sexual experiences. They grew up watching a lot of porn and they’re insinsitized and have unrealistic ideas about how sex or masturbation work. Or how real women look for that matter (thanks to social media). Or how big penises should be. It’s why they’re harder to please.

I don’t mind some competition but I glad I worked early in a day to reap the benefits without working as hard 😅It was absolutely life changing for me.

I would say future of camming will be like survival of the fittest (most adaptable) and it will get easier once Onlyfans girls who made easy money in pandemic will calm down and go back to work.

But in the other hand we have younger girls growing up watching all the “influencers” and wanting the lifestyle and all the sexually frustrated boys that not getting any and only watching porn… very unpredictable 😅😅😅

Last edited:
I'm so sorry about dick pics. I never understood it. I mean yeah it would be nice if a girl I fancied wanted to see my dick but don't get why they think someone wants that as a flirt. I mean these guys don't seem to realise that they're no different then public flashers.
And sadly every girl I know who uses social media for their work (especially insta) have gotten dick pics or pervy requests.
As a guy who pervs at naked women half my age on a strip site, it really pisses me off women have to put up with this shit!

I think sometimes some guys (I'm not suggesting the majority i dont doubt for a minute u girls got fucked up comments from guys knowing full well what theyre doing!) don't realise what they thought was them being nice was actually them being pervy.
A artist I follow and know (and yes fancy which i think she knows) posted a comment about how she found part of a local woods as magical and I told her she was magical too, it wasnt until after i posted that it sounded bad.

Funny enough one of the models told me what she like about this job then being a waitress was that as a model she's allowed to tell the pervs to go fuck themselves 🤣.

Reactions: Carmen_Monroe
You guys took it too literally. It's not dead but for those of you at your prime, enjoy it while you can because the industry is indeed experiencing very crushing changes and it won't be as lucrative for you soon. You'll remember what I said eventually.

The adult industry is always changing...I've been in it for 19 years now.

We all either find a niche and do well in it or we have to try and stay ahead of the curve on what's next.

Big money is always going to pass onto the new thing.

Great money can still be had.

I remember when everyone was going on about camming killing the strip clubs...
Before that it was that strip clubs killed Cabaret...

I’m leaving this thread. It sucks when someone is struggling personally, and I feel terrible for that. But the over generalizations, and negativity chafe my pussy balls. I’m 42 and I make and have made more money each year. This goes against my direct experience.

But if there’s one thing I’ve learned in life it’s that some people won’t learn and I don’t waste my time arguing and/ or trying to be of genuine assistance to every person. Waste of energy, you can literally make that a full time unpaid job on Internet forums, and I don’t have time for that. So sorry. I hope things turn around for you OP. I genuinely do.

You guys took it too literally. It's not dead but for those of you at your prime, enjoy it while you can because the industry is indeed experiencing very crushing changes and it won't be as lucrative for you soon. You'll remember what I said eventually.
Oh hell no it took me years to even start making any money, and as I can see from industry veterans more experience only makes it more lucrative. I think it's only natural to get tired of the job, but don't bring this negativity here, models here can confirm I had months when I had no food in my house and would come here for little rants but at those times, others' success only motivated me, not the opposite. The fact that everyone here is supportive regardless of how long you've been in the industry and how much money you make makes it THE most wholesome place to get in touch with other models and that environment is what contributes to success. You're being bitter with the wrong people.

I’m leaving this thread. It sucks when someone is struggling personally, and I feel terrible for that. But the over generalizations, and negativity chafe my pussy balls. I’m 42 and I make and have made more money each year. This goes against my direct experience.

But if there’s one thing I’ve learned in life it’s that some people won’t learn and I don’t waste my time arguing and/ or trying to be of genuine assistance to every person. Waste of energy, you can literally make that a full time unpaid job on Internet forums, and I don’t have time for that. So sorry. I hope things turn around for you OP. I genuinely do.
I agree I think our radiance shines through the older we get if we’re willing to express our sensuality and sexuality properly, especially through selling it. We also don’t take bullshit and never settle for less. I’m hotter in my thirties than I was in my twenties. It just keeps getting better and better. Mae West would be fu king proud of us! I dont care about the fluctuation of finances, there’s pros and cons with everything. We are literally sexy social workers and have purpose. Even when it’s dead in my room I’m grateful. I make new customers. I get high tippers. The next work day is always prosperous for me. I don’t care if it’s contest week or not. I don’t give a single fuck. It’s all about alchemy so fuck it. We deserve that gold!✨✨✨✨

I agree I think our radiance shines through the older we get if we’re willing to express our sensuality and sexuality properly, especially through selling it. We also don’t take bullshit and never settle for less. I’m hotter in my thirties than I was in my twenties. It just keeps getting better and better. Mae West would be fu king proud of us! I dont care about the fluctuation of finances, there’s pros and cons with everything. We are literally sexy social workers and have purpose. Even when it’s dead in my room I’m grateful. I make new customers. I get high tippers. The next work day is always prosperous for me. I don’t care if it’s contest week or not. I don’t give a single fuck. It’s all about alchemy so fuck it. We deserve that gold!✨✨✨✨
Lol yes, I guess I return. It's great to be positive, and my numbers back it up. So, so many people assume that the older we get the less we make, and I think it's just silly ingrained societal stereotypes. As long as you remain adaptable, and have a strong following, there's nothing to fear there. So Idk what this person was talking about. But I should know better than to believe someone is even a model, if they haven't been verified here. Just goes against my direct experience. I see models top row and #1 on streamate all the time who are in their 50s and 60s. This type of thinking is just so defeatist and silly. Like enough people are against us, we don't have to be against ourselves too. And telling ourselves that sexist mores, (created in a patriarchal society) are true, really isn't helping ourselves, or other women, in the slightest.

And I didn't even start until I was 33. Now 42, making way, way more.

What I will say is that right now it's not as easy to jump on, after having been gone months, and still make a ton.
But many people who've stayed consistent, are just fine.
Things have changed.

Lol yes, I guess I return. It's great to be positive, and my numbers back it up. So, so many people assume that the older we get the less we make, and I think it's just silly ingrained societal stereotypes. As long as you remain adaptable, and have a strong following, there's nothing to fear there. So Idk what this person was talking about. But I should know better than to believe someone is even a model, if they haven't been verified here. Just goes against my direct experience. I see models top row and #1 on streamate all the time who are in their 50s and 60s. This type of thinking is just so defeatist and silly. Like enough people are against us, we don't have to be against ourselves too. And telling ourselves that sexist mores, (created in a patriarchal society) are true, really isn't helping ourselves, or other women, in the slightest.

And I didn't even start until I was 33. Now 42, making way, way more.

What I will say is that right now it's not as easy to jump on, after having been gone months, and still make a ton.
But many people who've stayed consistent, are just fine.
Things have changed.
I respect that! There’s a reason us sex workers age so well since we rejected the patriarchy. Based on your experience over the years do you find it more profitable to cam in the morning, midday or at night? I know it depends…I just hit my one year anniversary for camming. Time flies!

I respect that! There’s a reason us sex workers age so well since we rejected the patriarchy. Based on your experience over the years do you find it more profitable to cam in the morning, midday or at night? I know it depends…I just hit my one year anniversary for camming. Time flies!
It depends on the site. On streamate mornings and evenings are better. I can’t get up early enough as required for that, and still live a healthy life though, because I am a solid night owl, and take forever to wake up properly.

Middle of the day tends to be dead zone.

I’m doing “ok” doing a split shift late mornings and my usual evening slot (6pm to 9pm western). However that’s because of childcare. If I was free to cam, anytime for as long as I wanted, I would do super early mornings or evenings. Whichever you do most, you build followers in. I’ve been doing 6 to 9 for years, thus I have a ton of followers active on the site that time, because I’ve been really consistent .

When I first started I did late late nights and middle of the night. It wasn’t bad. But there’s a rush to jerk off when they wake up, and before they go to bed. I go after a lot of English guys and US guys. But if you figure out time zones, you can go after the rush wherever.

That being said, I’m a private based highly overtly sexual model, who also does a lot of fetishes. If you are someone who wants to run a more social room or a token site model, my ways of doing things and my advice might not be for you. I like to get physical and down to brass tax. I could see some personality types feeling used, or like a piece of meat, trying to do rush hours on private sites. It’s a lot of pulchritude. Which I like. I’m also a very physical athletic person. Cam models that are more mental and social, may not be happy operating on my advice. And it’s most important to be happy in your job. I’ve always been a person with a lot of kinks and a high sex drive, who has really enjoyed that stuff. I think that’s important to mention too. When other models read my advice and my experiences, they should keep that in mind. I know lots of men and women who would be absolutely miserable trying to operate at such a physically high sexual level. Like it could truly psychologically destroy some people.

So I want newish models to keep that in mind and make choices that support their own personal happiness and health. It’s important to me to be responsible and accurate in any advice I give/ share.

Lecture over. Better to over communicate than under communicate on such an important topic.

Last edited:
No one is telling anyone to return to a "negative" threat. Like I said you can count with your fingers the amount of models that came here to say they are doing good.

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Tbh no one even knows if this person is a model. They seem like a huge troll to me 🤷‍♀️ they aren’t disclosing who they are and they are also not verified. Weak 😆

• Hugs
Reactions: AussieCosplay
Tbh no one even knows if this person is a model. They seem like a huge troll to me 🤷‍♀️
Their post history looks like someone who is a model but has burnout and tried to push through...young me did that in strip clubs. Wasn't in a vicious cycle of can't make great money because in a blah rut but in a rut because not having a great time at work. It definitely also attracts a shittier type of viewer/customer when you're stuck in that mindset.

The webcam modeling world is not dying it is evolving...like any other business/industry.

I literally logged on every day because I could make a living easy out of it by only working 2 to 3 hours a day. But now all that has changed.
And the 'easy' money made you forget to make a business plan, to think of yourself as a small business owner.

I have had the same experience as a small business owner, though in another field. It started out as easy money, I could earn my daily wage in 4-5 hours, but of course things evolved, and a lot of others joined the field making it less lucrative. I leveled up, and tried to stay ahead of the curve. All in all I managed to stay ahead of, or ride the curve for 15 years until I had the choice of making a massive investment that would mean that I was stuck in this uncertain field for the rest of my working life, or quit the field. I quit.

I don't regret quitting, though I sometimes miss the money I made, but also I don't regret having had the experience of running my own business, it gives me another perspective in my current position as a 'wage slave'.

To generalize, and this is meant metaphorically, not a quip about how some models do their business, it applies in all business fields:

You can either sit on your ass waiting for the money to come to you, watching the revenue stream slowly drying out, or you can get up off your ass and do something proactive to increase your earning potential.

From what I see on this forum a large portion of the more vocal models on this forum have chosen the latter solution and I wish them all the success in the world, they truly deserve it.

Their post history looks like someone who is a model but has burnout and tried to push through...young me did that in strip clubs. Wasn't in a vicious cycle of can't make great money because in a blah rut but in a rut because not having a great time at work. It definitely also attracts a shittier type of viewer/customer when you're stuck in that mindset.
Yeah. The problem I have is the over generalized statements without sharing anything at all about how they have approached this industry. It didn’t work out for them personally so it’s “dying” and won’t work out for anyone. I don’t like that.

Sure, it’s not easy. Some people don’t approach it well. Some people aren’t suited to it to begin with. But to over generalize like that for everyone, after sharing next to no detailed information… not responsible in my opinion. Hard to take their claims seriously in the slightest. And now trying to gatekeep and get the person who’s been the most vocal in disagreeing with them, out of the thread (when others had questions for me). Instead of countering with a solid fleshed out argument. Naw dawg Naw. Weak. I’m gonna go ahead and stay now 🥳

Sure, people shouldn’t jump into this business rashly and naively. It’s high turn over, and difficult. But to say it’s dying for everyone is just quite simply not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.