AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

$35.35 for a 20 minute private? ($5.74/min)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2021
So today I had my first Streamate stream. Made around $220 in 4 hours... even though an entire hour of that was in privates.

My private rate was set to $5.74... so one of the privates which was 20 min only made me $35.35 because SM takes 70%.
So I need to increase my rates. But even at $6.99/min.... minus 70% that SM takes... you make $2.1/min... which is only 42 tokens per minute.

The HIGHEST rate on Streamate I can pick for private/exclusives is 42 tokens per minute? I emailed SM support to increase these rates. Has anyone been able to get them to respond?

On Chaturbate I was making 90 tokens per minute on privates. More than double.
According to my calculations you need to charge $15/min (300 tokes per min!) on Streamate the make the equivalent of 90tk/min (4.5/min) on Chaturbate. Is this correct?

P.S. This is a separate issue but I've also uploaded bank statement, phone bill, house rental proof etc. and they keep rejecting the verification without responding to emails. All my proof of address docs are correct. Do they have to be physical mail scans or something? I only receive digital invoices.

Reactions: anabeauty37
So today I had my first Streamate stream. Made around $220 in 4 hours... even though an entire hour of that was in privates.

My private rate was set to $5.74... so one of the privates which was 20 min only made me $35.35 because SM takes 70%.
So I need to increase my rates. But even at $6.99/min.... minus 70% that SM takes... you make $2.1/min... which is only 42 tokens per minute.

The HIGHEST rate on Streamate I can pick for private/exclusives is 42 tokens per minute? I emailed SM support to increase these rates. Has anyone been able to get them to respond?

On Chaturbate I was making 90 tokens per minute on privates. More than double.
According to my calculations you need to charge $15/min (300 tokes per min!) on Streamate the make the equivalent of 90tk/min (4.5/min) on Chaturbate. Is this correct?

P.S. This is a separate issue but I've also uploaded bank statement, phone bill, house rental proof etc. and they keep rejecting the verification without responding to emails. All my proof of address docs are correct. Do they have to be physical mail scans or something? I only receive digital invoices.
From what I've read over the years, the only way to make a non-insulting rate on SM is to use your referral link (cammodels) to bring in regular members. Then you get a much bigger percent of what they're spending on you and on others at the site.

Outside of that, I find anything less than 50% to be offensive/insulting, so I get what you're feeling right now.

Reactions: Violet Dawn
Upvote 0
Yeah, that's kind of how Streamate is.

But I think the reason it's like that is because the traffic makes up for it and they cover chargebacks.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's kind of how Streamate is.

But I think the reason it's like that is because the traffic makes up for it and they cover chargebacks.
Oh yeah that's always been the argument. You can get 20 more times the shows maybe because the traffic is higher.... but if it's such a lower payout you have to do that much more to get the same that you'd get on other sites for "less shows".

Upvote 0
Oh yeah that's always been the argument. You can get 20 more times the shows maybe because the traffic is higher.... but if it's such a lower payout you have to do that much more to get the same that you'd get on other sites for "less shows".
I think Streamate is a good place to start, imo.

But the idea that what I make is only 35% of what my potential is is a little disheartening.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
They def make up for the high pay cut with traffic. SM is my highest earning cam site, and I also feel that the people in your room are serious instead of wasting your time. Personally I'd rather take the pay cut over cut quality traffic.

It also helps me put into perspective that people are willing to pay if they can, and as someone who struggled with self worth for a long time, SM helped me drastically.
For example: Would I charge $7/min at my current cam setup, experience and internet connection if I took home more than 24% my take after SM + studio cuts? No. Do I have to make it $7/min so I can make a liveable wage? Of course. Do people on SM pay the $7/min anyway? Yes! And that hit me hard at a time where my vids where $1-$2 each. I still have a long way to go, but my point is, SM helped me with my pricing confidence.

Upvote 0
Goldshows they do have to approve you. I can't quite remember what the requirements are but as long as you're logging on and making $$ I'm sure you'll get them in a week or so. What are your rates capped off at?? I ask because some new accounts will only go out to $6.99 I believe. I charge $9.99 for exclusive // $4.99 for premium my goal is to get as many people in premium chat which I keep soft-core with no requests since it's a group show & I treat exclusive more like a private show or true private.

As for the % & $$:
For me, SM is worth it for me over token sites because I can log on whenever & know I'll make something, not have to be creative, not deal with the pressures of a token site, not do public shows, rely on regulars or offline work. I'm a lot better at being a sexpot/doing fetish shows than giving the girlfriend experience that token sites made me feel like I had to be. Guys generally are used to paying higher rates and are used to paying for everything like standing up, blowing a kiss, answering a question etc. It's also easier for me physically and I can also multi task while streaming. While I loved most of my years on chaturbate the highs were high & the lows were extremely depressing. On SM there is more stability instead of having shifts where I'd make a couple hundred easily then log on the next day and make $10 I can log on SM and know my income is more stable & I don't feel like my life is revolved around camming. If your needs are similar to mine it can be a great place to cam.

Upvote 0
@Carmita Bonita hit the nail on the head with her reply, I hope I don't just sound like I'm repeating it :haha:

I spent years on tokens and sites, but Streamate is more suitable for me at this point in my career.

I think when you have more energy and enjoy maintaining a chat room/activities token sites can be fun and lucrative. Nowadays I REALLY enjoy not having to focus on clubs/fans/hustling outside of my streaming time. I can take a more relaxed pace waiting for shows which is nice.

The % should absolutely be higher....but I am so busy that it does make up for it. I usually view my income in terms of "$x.xx per hour" rather than "$x.xx per minute" and it stays in a comfortable range.

I should also add that "busy" does not mean beat myself to hell with a dildo all day. Their system does a very good job of funneling the right traffic to me, so I rarely get those requests anymore.
Most of the time its fetish talk, JOI, body part focused shows. Your experience might be different, depending on which areas you choose to cater to.

Upvote 0
If you want your rates raised without waiting for regular support email Liz. Liz@streamate.com like the OP and others mentioned it’s insulting leaving with a 35% cut, but I can also relate to “the traffic is too good tho!” Because it is. I’ve cammed on and off for 6 years now and I left Streamate because I realized CB and MFC gave a more fair cut and it upset me to know I only took home 350$/1000$ members spent on me. I did really well on MFC for 2 years but took a break (silly silly me🤦🏼‍♀️) and couldn’t get it going when I came back and I find Streamate is guaranteed, as in it doesn’t take months or even years to build up a giant following, you just log on and boom the guys are constantly flowing in so I came back.

I made my rates 9.99/9.99$ which equals 3.50$ our cut however I was making the standard 80 tkns (4$) and required a 500 tkn pretip (50$ — 25$ my cut) to take me true private on mfc. I messaged Liz after 3 days and asked for the higher rates. She had them raised in under 3 hours and now I do 13.99 and 15.99$. I know that’s astronomical but I do gold shows 99% of the time. This way I’m making 5$/min and 5.60$/min which in my opinion is fair, I offer everything in privates. You might think they wouldn’t pay that but I promise they do. It also cuts out 30 second men (they don’t pay anything the first 30 seconds of a private) because they see the rate and get scared if they mess up and stay 31 seconds that’ll be 14$ 😂 In my rate analysis page I’m making far more per hour at these rates. I try and pretend they aren’t taking 65% and not dwell or I end up getting angry and frustrated over something no matter how long I stomp my feet and whine won’t change ☹️😂

Mention you’d like Goldshows in your email asking about rates and if you meet the requirements you should get approved right away too. This will happen automatically eventually mind you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Goldshows they do have to approve you. I can't quite remember what the requirements are but as long as you're logging on and making $$ I'm sure you'll get them in a week or so. What are your rates capped off at?? I ask because some new accounts will only go out to $6.99 I believe. I charge $9.99 for exclusive // $4.99 for premium my goal is to get as many people in premium chat which I keep soft-core with no requests since it's a group show & I treat exclusive more like a private show or true private.

As for the % & $$:
For me, SM is worth it for me over token sites because I can log on whenever & know I'll make something, not have to be creative, not deal with the pressures of a token site, not do public shows, rely on regulars or offline work. I'm a lot better at being a sexpot/doing fetish shows than giving the girlfriend experience that token sites made me feel like I had to be. Guys generally are used to paying higher rates and are used to paying for everything like standing up, blowing a kiss, answering a question etc. It's also easier for me physically and I can also multi task while streaming. While I loved most of my years on chaturbate the highs were high & the lows were extremely depressing. On SM there is more stability instead of having shifts where I'd make a couple hundred easily then log on the next day and make $10 I can log on SM and know my income is more stable & I don't feel like my life is revolved around camming. If your needs are similar to mine it can be a great place to cam.
Thank you for your thoughtful answer.

Yes mine is capped at $6.99. So I'm only making $2.1 per minute (for exclusives) which is only 42 tokens per minute. They're taking 70% from me instead of 65%.

Maybe I'll get exclusive to $9.99. I thought of $14.99 (if they approve increasing my limits), but I guess that might be too much for them psychologically because of the extra digit. $9.99 is the equivalent of earning 60 tokens per minute. Especially since there's lots of C2C on Streamate I don't want to do anything less than that.

Even though I charged 90 tokens per minute on Chaturbate... I can live with 60 for exclusives.

Maybe $5.99 or $6.99 for premium.

Upvote 0
If you want your rates raised without waiting for regular support email Liz. Liz@streamate.com like the OP and others mentioned it’s insulting leaving with a 35% cut, but I can also relate to “the traffic is too good tho!” Because it is. I’ve cammed on and off for 6 years now and I left Streamate because I realized CB and MFC gave a more fair cut and it upset me to know I only took home 350$/1000$ members spent on me. I did really well on MFC for 2 years but took a break (silly silly me🤦🏼‍♀️) and couldn’t get it going when I came back and I find Streamate is guaranteed, as in it doesn’t take months or even years to build up a giant following, you just log on and boom the guys are constantly flowing in so I came back.

I made my rates 9.99/9.99$ which equals 3.50$ our cut however I was making the standard 80 tkns (4$) and required a 500 tkn pretip (50$ — 25$ my cut) to take me true private on mfc. I messaged Liz after 3 days and asked for the higher rates. She had them raised in under 3 hours and now I do 13.99 and 15.99$. I know that’s astronomical but I do gold shows 99% of the time. This way I’m making 5$/min and 5.60$/min which in my opinion is fair, I offer everything in privates. You might think they wouldn’t pay that but I promise they do. It also cuts out 30 second men (they don’t pay anything the first 30 seconds of a private) because they see the rate and get scared if they mess up and stay 31 seconds that’ll be 14$ 😂 In my rate analysis page I’m making far more per hour at these rates. I try and pretend they aren’t taking 65% and not dwell or I end up getting angry and frustrated over something no matter how long I stomp my feet and whine won’t change ☹️😂

Mention you’d like Goldshows in your email asking about rates and if you meet the requirements you should get approved right away too. This will happen automatically eventually mind you.
Thank you so much.

Yea and mine isn't even a 35% cut. I get only 30% :(

Upvote 0
Thank you for your thoughtful answer.

Yes mine is capped at $6.99. So I'm only making $2.1 per minute (for exclusives) which is only 42 tokens per minute. They're taking 70% from me instead of 65%.

Maybe I'll get exclusive to $9.99. I thought of $14.99 (if they approve increasing my limits), but I guess that might be too much for them psychologically because of the extra digit. $9.99 is the equivalent of earning 60 tokens per minute. Especially since there's lots of C2C on Streamate I don't want to do anything less than that.

Even though I charged 90 tokens per minute on Chaturbate... I can live with 60 for exclusives.

Maybe $5.99 or $6.99 for premium.

No prob! Yeah lots of C2C--how I do it is premium they can turn it on but I'll only pay a little attention to it then tell them to take me exclusive if they really want me to focus on them. You can always tinker around with your rates and find the sweet spot. When I came from CB I was used to private being all-out get xxx-rated right away and since I started on streamate I learned to slow down a lot more. Premium I do just teasing, nudity, dancing, light masturbation and exclusive is more like what I would do in a CB private show so I don't compare premium chat to a token site private. I've seen people with $14.99 per min so it doesn't hurt to try!

Upvote 0
Thank you so much.

Did you sign up with a studio ? It was 35% when I left years ago and is the same now for me. Don’t sell yourself short, choose the price you believe is fair after they take their cut and roll with that. If no one is biting my private and exclusive I set a gold show at 150$ and dont start until they hit leaving me with at least 52$/7 mins

I personally am also super uncomfortable with c2c like I HATE it lol so I charge 30 gold
Extra for that. If they do pay for it I’ll make a few comments on it and then push it to the side where I can’t see it ....because yes there is tons of c2c requests 😬 a lot of models don’t mind it though.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much.

you only get 35% in the USA, rest of the world you only make 30%. never understood why they decided that.

Upvote 0
Models from certain EE, S America, S Asia get 30%.
Ahh I stand corrected, I thought it was everywhere outside of the USA getting 30%.

Upvote 0
Outside of that, I find anything less than 50% to be offensive/insulting, so I get what you're feeling right now.
Yeah, if you think about it that way, comparing it to other sites, it can seem insulting. If you look at it another way it can seem insulting to have guys throwing nickels and dimes at you in a token room. Personally I think that's all just ego and the only thing I care about is how much money I have in my bank account at the end of the day.

I think the biggest difference in streamate vs. token sites is how you like to work and what suits your personality. Do you want to keep a schedule? I think that's more important on token sites. Do you want to entertain a room full of people? If you don't have a big personality you're almost guaranteed to make more on streamate than a token site where guys expect to tip for entertainment. Do you even like doing private shows? A lot of performers don't like the intimacy of privates, so streamate isn't a good fit. Finding the site that's a good fit for your personality and skills is what will earn you the best income.

When I was a stripper the customers paid $1200-1500 per hour to take me to a private room. Of that amount I was paid out $480. I was expected to tip the vip host 20% of that amount. If the customer paid on a credit card the club charged me 5% to cash it in. Other clubs I worked at charged 10-20%, 5% was a rare low rate. As you can see the percentage of what I earned was low, but I still walked out of there with a bare minimum of $1500 every night, and normally around $2-3000. For dancers who preferred to earn their money from lap dances they kept 100% of every $20 lap dance, but doing 75-150 lap dances every night would be hard physical labor IMO. Some girls preferred that. I didn't. I never even thought about the percentage while I worked there, I just kept selling rooms until my shift was over.

I feel the same way about cam sites. I don't think about the percentage. If the site makes more than I do I really don't care as long as I'm earning the most I can out of all the sites available to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.